* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Season

Season 2

* Activity

Re: Incy Wincy Spider [Kieran] by Kieran Ashmiller
[Today at 12:28:28 AM]

Re: Wandering nostalgia. [Hilda] by Mara Sonnenschein
[June 23, 2018, 10:57:00 PM]

Charging forth. by Gunther Schultz
[June 22, 2018, 10:20:43 PM]

Re: Team Seven: Survey Corps [Assault on Utopia] by Nanaba
[June 21, 2018, 03:11:34 PM]

Re: Tangled in Love (Eld) by Eld Jinn
[June 21, 2018, 11:29:27 AM]

* Who's Online

• Dot Guests: 35
  • Dot Hidden: 0
  • Dot Users: 1
  • Dot Users Online:

* Wanted

* Chatbox

Refresh History
  • Kieran Ashmiller: Happy Saturday all!
    June 23, 2018, 07:31:39 PM
  • Quiet: Hey Webs! :-)
    June 19, 2018, 05:38:49 PM
  • Webs: Hey all! Just a note, this is Draco, now going by Webs :)
    June 19, 2018, 04:50:08 PM
  • Puffin: Morning everybody! <3
    June 18, 2018, 08:06:07 AM
  • Lou: Yay I am glad
    June 17, 2018, 06:08:32 PM
  • Quiet: I also really liked the "ugly ducking" comment.
    June 16, 2018, 04:30:09 PM
  • Quiet: While I still think Rosto holds place at the scariest character - Maude is up there LOL! Also...YAY for getting Auruo in the game. Happy Saturday all!
    June 16, 2018, 12:39:24 PM
  • Lou: Happy Friday everyone!
    June 15, 2018, 08:28:58 PM
  • Webs: <3 for all
    June 14, 2018, 04:59:02 PM
  • Quiet: Good morning and happy Tuesday internet friends!
    June 12, 2018, 11:47:21 AM
  • Quiet: Got it! It's nice when things go where they are supposed to lol. :-)
    June 09, 2018, 10:41:57 PM
  • Puffin: Replied, I hope it didn't go into the void!
    June 09, 2018, 10:19:37 PM
  • Puffin: Ah, thanks for the heads up, Quiet! It arrived safely in my inbox, I'm going to reply now. :) <3
    June 09, 2018, 10:04:32 PM
  • Quiet: Puffin I sent you a note! Since mine always seem to just float away lol.
    June 09, 2018, 08:54:38 PM
  • Blackbird: Thanks! <3
    June 06, 2018, 12:42:18 AM
  • Webs: [link] here you go!
    June 05, 2018, 11:22:53 PM
  • Blackbird: Thanks! Mind if I ask how to get an invite to the Discord?
    June 05, 2018, 10:46:24 PM
  • Lou: If you need anything, just ask. :)
    June 05, 2018, 04:12:40 AM
  • Blackbird: Thank you!
    June 05, 2018, 03:49:41 AM
  • Quiet: That is good. Welcome to RC by the way. :-)
    June 05, 2018, 02:59:26 AM

* Our Server

* Directories

RPG-DRPG Initiative

Author Topic: Wandering nostalgia. [Hilda]  (Read 268 times)

Wandering nostalgia. [Hilda]
« on: April 19, 2018, 10:56:48 PM »
[ summer, 845 ]

It was peaceful, sitting aside a friend while you studied. Mara liked it, she loved having company while learning because she could casually ask questions not answered by the text before her, or check to see how her friend was getting on. Not everybody made good companions for quiet reading. She definitely wasn't one of them, because she liked to interject with conversation every so often. It was like a little break. A reward for getting to the end of a long string of information.

Sitting by Hilda, she fixed her eyes on a book about various flora out in the wilderness that could be useful, whether for medicinal purposes or to be eaten. It was a struggle to remember them all, but she definitely remembered some of them from hearing her mother speak of them.

"Have you ever tried eating blackberries?" she asked, glancing towards the girl. She sat at a table, book splayed out in front of her, her elbows pressed either side of the pages. "I've had them before, once, back home. I think one of my friends went foraging for berries and came back with some to share." The memory brought a smile to her lips.

Re: Wandering nostalgia. [Hilda]
« Reply #1 on: April 22, 2018, 01:28:43 AM »
When it came to reading for fun, Hilda preferred to do so with no interruptions or distractions to pull her from the story she was immersed in. But she didn't mind company at all when she was studying. Having someone to study with kept her focused, and of course it always helped to have someone around to discuss the material with.

She looked up from her book at the sound of Mara's voice. "Yeah, I ate them a lot back home." she said with a little smile. "We have blackberry bushes in our backyard. Picking blackberries so my mother could use them in desserts or preserves was one of the few chores I didn't mind doing." Maybe she'd ask her mother to send some blackberry preserves in her next letter, because now she was kind of craving them.

« Reply #2 on: June 03, 2018, 02:39:49 PM »
Mara watched her friend, excited to hear that Hilda had tried blackberries - even better, had had blackberry bushes much closer to home. "That sounds wonderful," she breathed, trying to picture it. She hadn't ever tried blackberries outside of just the odd raw one, but realised that it was probably used in all sorts.

"What kind of desserts?" she asked, tilting her head to the side so her hair, tied in her usual fashion, curved over her shoulder. "I wish we could have blackberries here." She sighed, thinking back to the taste of it all. Maybe there were some bushes somewhere. In the forest they trained in, maybe?

« Reply #3 on: June 07, 2018, 02:28:39 AM »
"Mostly pies and tarts, sometimes she'd use the preserves in thumbprint cookies." Hilda answered, stretching her legs a little. "I always liked getting to help make the thumbprint cookies." What she wouldn't give for one of those cookies right now.

"It'd be so nice to have blackberries here."
she sighed. "They'd certainly liven up breakfast." The meals here were so plain compared to what she was used to at home, and it was always the same stuff. "Did you have any fruit bushes or trees near your house?" she asked.

« Reply #4 on: June 23, 2018, 10:57:00 PM »
Mara's mouth watered at the description. It wasn't even that much, but it was something to cling onto, and it made her feel hungry. The meals weren't terrible as a cadet, but it definitely made her miss all the food in Utopia. "That sounds really nice," she murmured, daydreaming in the distance.

At the question, she blinked and tilted her head. "Not really, we lived - we live right in the middle of a bunch of houses. Sometimes we grew some food but nothing like that." She wished they had, but living near the gate meant there wasn't much grass around. "I wish we did though, I love trees. And I love picking fruit. I hope we get to do that sometimes here. Don't you?"

Tags:

* Tagbox

Refresh History

* Credits

Site banner, advert image and affiliate button created by Moon Child

Reluctant Heroes is in no way affiliated with Shingeki no Kyojin, Attack on Titan or Funimation and we give full credit to Hajime Isayama. Copyrights and trademarks for the manga and anime are held by their respective owners while all original content remains the property of the individual writers and artists.