* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Season

Season 2

* Activity

Re: Truth and deception by Quirin Drexler
[Today at 01:19:48 AM]

Re: OOC Sign Up by Webs
[July 16, 2019, 08:58:14 PM]

Re: OOC Sign Up by Fierro
[July 14, 2019, 09:15:33 AM]

Re: Mina Carolina by Webs
[July 13, 2019, 09:25:19 AM]

Re: The lost child [Serenity] by Tyler Morgan
[July 07, 2019, 04:49:22 PM]

* Who's Online

• Dot Guests: 23
  • Dot Hidden: 0
  • Dot Users: 0

There aren't any users online.

* Wanted

* Chatbox

Refresh History
  • Webs: minaaaa
    July 03, 2019, 07:08:39 PM
  • Serenity Kinslea: Getting caught up on threads as wwell!
    June 29, 2019, 06:28:56 PM
  • Serenity Kinslea: Hey guys!
    June 29, 2019, 06:28:19 PM
  • Quiet: Just wanted to let everyone know I'll be getting caught up on threads when my husband and I get back home. Look for posts Sunday and Monday. :-)
    June 28, 2019, 10:47:06 PM
  • Nanaba: Welcome tategama
    June 22, 2019, 12:09:11 AM
  • Quirin Drexler: welcome, Tategama!!
    June 11, 2019, 09:04:17 PM
  • Puffin: Hi Tategama, welcome to the site! :)
    June 10, 2019, 09:35:46 PM
  • Tategama: Hello
    June 10, 2019, 09:33:17 PM
  • Webs: oh man i just saw this but YES for sure XD
    June 09, 2019, 07:58:03 PM
  • Puffin: I have to admit, the sticky floor gave me a giggle! Poor Anka and Gustav. XD
    June 07, 2019, 09:39:28 PM
  • Quiet: So if there was a Yelp in the SNK world....Gustav and Anka would be leaving the tavern a negative review lol.
    June 05, 2019, 01:26:26 AM
  • Nero: Thanks! And hi. :)
    June 03, 2019, 10:39:51 PM
  • Puffin: Oops, I was meant to do that for you, Nero! I'll take care of it now. Welcome to RH, by the way! :)
    June 03, 2019, 10:27:16 PM
  • Virgil Adair: How can I move my application into directory?
    June 03, 2019, 01:33:28 PM
  • Nero: Virgil's kinky like that, sry.
    June 02, 2019, 01:43:58 PM
  • Quiet: *waves*
    June 02, 2019, 12:47:00 AM
  • Lou: *flops in*
    June 02, 2019, 12:16:48 AM
  • Quiet: So not the first time Hugh has woken up with Virgil's hand over his mouth lol.
    June 01, 2019, 09:17:01 PM
  • Quiet: Webs!
    June 01, 2019, 02:21:14 AM
  • Webs: heyyy
    June 01, 2019, 01:53:43 AM

* Directories

RPG-DRPG Initiative

Author Topic: Fighting fancies. [Nack]  (Read 1549 times)

Fighting fancies. [Nack]
« on: October 27, 2018, 08:18:27 PM »
[ february 847 ]

Axel spat a glob of bloodied saliva onto the dusty ground, and raised his fists before him. His feet slid apart, anchoring him, posture perfect for his intended assault on the other boy. Hand-to-hand combat training hadn't changed much for him. The boy's rigid discipline of himself had driven him into something of a copycat, marking out the moves taught to them and replicating them against others. It was something he owed to his mother's instructions.

Facing his opponent, he tilted his head to the side. "You actually managed to get a hit on me," he mocked, feeling a metallic taste drift over his tongue. "Still not owing up to that nickname you gave yourself, Tierce. 'Fierce', really? Shit rhyme, for a shit soldier."

It wasn't usually worth goading people, not any more. He'd made his fair share of enemies, it was true. Nack among them. They'd dealt it out with words and with fists, plus makeshift wooden blades. Their practice today hadn't meant to turn out into a proper fight, not until the idiot had punched him straight in the mouth. That was an insult.

He struck out, slashing his fist through the air to aim a quick jab to his shoulder.

Re: Fighting fancies. [Nack]
« Reply #1 on: November 02, 2018, 07:50:58 PM »
Pitted against Axel Falkenrath, and he hadn't gone down in the first few seconds. Nack boasted plenty that he was an incredible fighter, but the truth was that he was little more than a punchbag for the quickest, strongest, and most serious of cadets. He could hold his own when he was more equally matched, but he didn't have a history of it. Walls, he didn't want a single blemish on his face, and bruises looked ugly.

Plenty of stories to tell about bruises though.

But then he'd actually managed to land a punch. Maybe because of Axel's stupid face, sneering. So freaking confident, looking at him like he was a piece of dirt on his shoe. Just because he had his head so far stuck up his own ass.

"Is that the best you've got?" he returned, with a scoff. Overconfidence brimmed, though inside he was screaming at himself to shut up for once. He had socked him in the mouth, and Axel wasn't exactly known for letting things go so easily when it came to training. "'Shit rhyme for a shit soldier'? Sounding like an MP there."

It came out before he could filter his words properly, and he regretted it in an instant.

Especially when pain exploded in his side.

« Reply #2 on: November 16, 2018, 09:31:23 PM »
Axel bared his teeth and screwed up his eyes in focus. Like a member of the Military Police, huh? He'd show him. He had to show him. Never would he ever be like them, the lazy, the corrupt, shifting blame and work onto everybody they saw beneath them. When he managed to get into the top of his class, he was going to make sure to take a spot away from them.

He moved his balance onto one foot, feeling his knee tighten as he did, as he positioned himself. A dull ache down his shin to his ankle, but he was prepared. The boy struck out, rounding a foot to kick into Nack's side. It caught him under his ribcage, hopefully winding him in the process. But he wasn't done.

As his boot touched the dirt, crossing his other leg, he whirled around and pulled back a fist. It reached his shoulder as he faced away from his opponent, and then jetted forwards as he caught sight of him again. His fist struck Tierce in the jaw. It wasn't proper, aiming for the face, but he wanted him to shut up. Make him shut up and focus on what they were actually doing.

Too many of his fellow cadets found talking more important than actually doing something. And those who wound him up? They were going to see just how serious he was about doing well.

For his family, he was going to fight until he was right at the top.

« Reply #3 on: November 24, 2018, 12:27:52 AM »
Nack doubled over with a low groan as the boot connected with his side. Just as he was straightening up, arm across his stomach and fingers clutching his side, he felt his fist catch his jaw. Pain thundered through his skull, and he reeled back, stumbling in his need for escape. Down on his ass he fell. He leaned on his side, holding his jaw as if scared it might fall off.

"That's fighting dirty, Falkenrat," he said through gritted teeth, glaring with dark eyes. "Thought you were pretty by the book, huh? What's wrong, somebody tore up the rulebook you follow? Probably in a little toddler temper fit."

« Reply #4 on: January 07, 2019, 12:14:00 AM »
"Your attempts at insulting me are very poor, Tierce," he mock-yawned, fanning his mouth. "You're right, it could be fighting dirty, if you had set rules before we began sparring. But you didn't, so I suppose you'll have to put up with it, hm?"

It was easier than he expected. Axel had thought the boastful brat of a cadet would have tried a little harder, but no. Still, he was hardly complaining. Getting him to shut up and stop irritating him quite so much would be worth any amount of fighting. Like having his own punching bag. "Get up."

Tags:

* Tagbox

Refresh History

* Credits

Site banner, advert image and affiliate button created by Moon Child

Reluctant Heroes is in no way affiliated with Shingeki no Kyojin, Attack on Titan or Funimation and we give full credit to Hajime Isayama. Copyrights and trademarks for the manga and anime are held by their respective owners while all original content remains the property of the individual writers and artists.