* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Season

Season 2

* Activity

* Who's Online

• Dot Guests: 60
  • Dot Hidden: 0
  • Dot Users: 0

There aren't any users online.

* Wanted

* Chatbox

Refresh History
  • Webs: yesss
    December 01, 2018, 11:34:24 PM
  • Quiet: Two Arkin posts out. I owe a few Anka posts and I will get to those Sat/Sun. :-) Hope everyone has an awesome weekend!
    December 01, 2018, 01:02:39 AM
  • Quiet: or friday lol. looks like its going to be friday!
    November 30, 2018, 12:08:40 AM
  • Sandara: Hi titans and titans' food <3
    November 29, 2018, 08:49:03 AM
  • Quiet: Hoping to get a few out tomorrow. :-)
    November 29, 2018, 02:31:30 AM
  • Webs: Hope you'll be fully better soon! Looking forward to posties :) I'm going to get at least one done tomorrow for sure myself!
    November 28, 2018, 02:51:43 AM
  • Quiet: Thank you! Starting to feel better. Will get caught up on posts soon. :-)
    November 28, 2018, 02:12:19 AM
  • Webs: feel better soon, to the both of you! I'm feeling better :)
    November 26, 2018, 12:06:56 AM
  • Quiet: cant complain. hubby and i have matching head colds right now lol. you?
    November 25, 2018, 09:31:31 PM
  • Webs: how are you?
    November 25, 2018, 09:27:54 PM
  • Webs: very XD
    November 25, 2018, 09:27:51 PM
  • Quiet: That was very nice of Anka.
    November 25, 2018, 09:18:30 PM
  • Webs: i didn't change the pronouns because it was 5am and lazy XD
    November 25, 2018, 09:14:06 PM
  • Webs: "Eld Jinn slowly pushes Ian Dietrich closer into the cloud until she can't resist any more. Anka Rheinberger sacrifices himself so Moblit Berner can get away."
    November 25, 2018, 09:13:55 PM
  • Quiet: Howd Anka die if she was involved? Dang I'm scared to know lol.
    November 25, 2018, 08:54:42 PM
  • Webs: if it helps, Axel and Kieran kept picking flowers multiple times per round
    November 25, 2018, 08:46:31 PM
  • Webs: haha
    November 25, 2018, 08:46:16 PM
  • Quiet: :-X lol
    November 25, 2018, 07:58:54 PM
  • Quiet: He killed Arkin!!! What the hell? Who kills Arkin!!??
    November 25, 2018, 07:58:40 PM
  • Webs: less good for Eld - he had six kills, and Arkin was among them >.>
    November 25, 2018, 07:57:35 PM

* Directories

RPG-DRPG Initiative

Author Topic: Messed up. [Voltaire]  (Read 271 times)

Messed up. [Voltaire]
« on: November 28, 2018, 07:22:12 PM »
[ mess hall, summer 846 ]

Arriving at the mess hall reluctantly, steered by one of the instructors, Ymir growled a few choice words beneath her breath as she pushed past the door. Shaking her arm, she kept her back on the instructor. "I'm not doing all of this on my own," she muttered, casting an eye across the room. Following lunch, spills and crumbs littered the benches, and even the floor from the clumsiest of cadets.

"I don't see why you can't get somebody to actually clean it," Ymir added, waving a hand to indicate what had to be swept up. "Aren't there plenty of refugees in need of such work?"

The instructor snorted. "Of course there is. But you must not only learn discipline, how to fight, how to survive... and so on. You must know how to be independent and clean up after yourself." They made their way to the door. "Another cadet will join you shortly. Get started."

Ymir heard the door shut. She grumbled, staring daggers at the broom waiting against the wall.

Re: Messed up. [Voltaire]
« Reply #1 on: November 28, 2018, 07:40:11 PM »
The young cadet was just given the task of cleaning the mess hall by his main instructor.  For the most part he has seemed to be fairly bareable considering how he didn't force him to pair up much with other people before this task.  With a sigh he walked into the mess hall seeing an instructor walk out.   

It was just barely over a minute and s half of waiting when the door slowly cracks open and a young man walks through.   The cadet was in a way not something to view out of the ordinary.   He seemed to stand at a average height, and had a fairly annoyed look on his face as he entered.

He gave her a look as if he were observing her, yet it only lasted for a second.   He simply walked past her a picked up a broom and walked out to the main hall so he could simply get this job done with.

« Reply #2 on: November 29, 2018, 02:29:58 AM »
As the door opened again, she whirled around, about to tell the nosey instructor to stop bothering her, when she instead set eyes on a fellow cadet. He seemed about her age, and said nothing. Not even a greeting. In a more subdued mood, she might have let that pass in relief. Instead, being stuck on cleaning duty didn't make her at all likely to behave.

"Who are you?" she demanded, and watched him grab the broom. "Do you even have a tongue?"

Testing people, pushing their buttons, was one of her favoured hobbies. It allowed her to get an idea of a person far more efficiently than asking dull questions and getting mediocre answers in return. Besides, she wanted to make something of an impression. Not to mess with her.

« Reply #3 on: November 29, 2018, 03:36:05 AM »
He was about to walk away from her and greatly considered it considering she was probably another self proclaimed bossy Cadet who thought they could change Humanities fate.   He decided to at least give her a reaction,  "I'm just another Cadet.... Thought you would see that." he muttered to her in a very monotone and sarcastic tone "Now do your work.... I don't want to be here any longer than you do" His voice maintained the same level and monotone as his earliest comment yet sounds annoyed at the Cadet.

Without another word he would begin to sweep up the dust and grime from the floors in the mess hall without complaint or frustration from her earlier comment. He would make no eye contact with Ymir and for the most part even faced away from the other cadet not letting them get a good look at his face. « Last Edit: November 29, 2018, 03:39:38 AM by Voltaire »

« Reply #4 on: November 30, 2018, 01:36:30 AM »
The sarcasm returned to her practically elated the girl, at least as far as her sparkling eyes appeared. She fixed her gaze upon his back as he began to sweep, not at all intent on starting her own work. Instead, she saw a challenge before her, a toy to play with. Not quite so confident to wave off, but putting up a wall against her first flick of her sharp tongue.

"Just another cadet," she echoed his words, "poor little cadet. Doesn't even have a name! I can see why you're here." Ymir took several steps towards the teenage boy. "Have you done this before? You're hardly touching the floor. How are you meant to sweep the entirety of the mess hall, hm?"

« Reply #5 on: November 30, 2018, 02:43:36 AM »
He would make a small chuckle at her comment as he continued to sweep the floors.  For a long moment it was just silence in between the two before the Cadet looked over his shoulder.  He made eye contact with her,  as of now days it seemed extremely rare he made eye contact with another Cadet member.  His eyes had a deep Hazel Brown to them that seemed to sparkle.   His face seemed young, like a boys, yet had a rough look with the trace of dirt on his cheek.   

He made another comment about her "Tsk, you really are a feisty little girl aren't you?  If your trying to pick a fight you came to the wrong person". he swept all the dirt into a pile and put it in a scoop, dumping it into a bag.  He picked up a rag and began cleaning the table returning to the state of pure silence.

After a minute he would mutter up to her "Again, it would be twice as fast if both of us are working... If you had a brain larger than a chicken's you might realize that" he said sarcastically as he continued to wipe the tables "Or if you enjoy watching me so much keep it up, though I don't much appreciate on looking eyes"

« Reply #6 on: December 01, 2018, 10:59:40 PM »
Ymir waved a dimissive hand. "Little girl? Is that truly the best you can do?" she asked, unimpressed. For one, she was hardly little. And to be called a girl in such a way irritated her immensely. Who did he think he was, exactly? "I've heard better insults from street rats," she sneered.

With a roll of her eyes, she walked across to the tables. "Of course, you're right. How stupid of this little girl," she snapped, grabbing a glob of food. She mushed it into the wood grain, letting it crumble and stick in the gaps. "Good luck cleaning that off, Nameless." « Last Edit: December 01, 2018, 11:34:16 PM by Ymir »

« Reply #7 on: December 02, 2018, 02:58:37 PM »
He made a low sigh as the other cadet made their jobs even harder.  He continued cleaning then after s long silence he would mutter "You obviously have the mindset and temper of a child" he said as he would move on to a different table leaving the hard to clean table.

"If you want to move on with your life, clean up after yourself.  You have seemed to 'accidentally' spilt the mush they serve here" he again muttered, not raising his voice or showing temper through his words. 

« Reply #8 on: December 02, 2018, 10:36:52 PM »
Ymir watched him carefully, eyeing his body language for any clues as to his mood against her. Besides the attempt at insulting, there was little to decipher. "Obviously," she mimicked, "you have the intelligence of a pig." To accompany her words, she let out a grunt like a hog.

"Does the swine have a name, or not? If you don't, that must mean you're going to the slaughter." Smirking, she hopped up atop another table, swinging her legs idly.

« Reply #9 on: December 03, 2018, 02:27:52 PM »
He stopped cleaning the table with a sudden halt and looked up at her.  She was a real pain in the ass compared to the other cadets, and his opinion just continued to grow.  Though he had that thought about her he was quiet about it and didn't show it one bit.  He thought to himself how he was to give a comment on her insult towards him. 

To insult back towards her would cause the cadet to continue the harassment and would make the chore even longer than it was already with him cleaning, and could possibly cause her to attempt to fight him.   He thought about telling her to continue working, but that didn't have any affect on her either.

Voltaire settled on the fact that he would have to simply clean the mess hall himself since this cadet showed nothing but trouble.  Instead of commenting on her snarky comment he would let out a small chuckle to himself as he looked back down at the table and continued to clean leaving the cadet in a silence that made her look extremely awkward.

« Reply #10 on: December 07, 2018, 01:54:50 AM »
The only response she got out of him was a chuckle. Nothing else. No answer.

Her eyes narrowed. Ymir was still learning about the personalities and reactions to expect from people, and what that could tell her about them - she was out of practice, moulding this new life of hers. It was the quiet ones you had to look out for, more than anything. She should know, given that she could go plenty of time saying nothing, ignoring all others had to say.

"I guess you don't have a name then," she drawled. Her boot thumped against the wooden leg of the table twice in a beat. "Then I'll call you Ferkel. Piglet." She sneered, bumping against the table leg again.

« Reply #11 on: December 07, 2018, 02:41:52 PM »
He continued to ignore her as she talked in a still silence, until the cadet called him "Ferkel". For a few seconds he didn't seem to react as he suddenly stopped cleaning.  He was looking away at the time yet Ymir would hear  a small snicker which turned into a chuckle then into a laugh.  " Ferkel huh?  I haven't heard that name before...."

He would make a sigh giving a small thought on the names he went by, to escape prosecution, to take someone out, and then to join the cadets, and never once he had thought of the name "Ferkel". He continued cleaning, but the silence and tension in the room coming from him seemed to lessen from the brief laughter. 

« Reply #12 on: December 09, 2018, 01:01:35 AM »
As he laughed, she allowed herself to smirk. She had both found a name to suit him, and been given a reaction she could read from. Namely, that he was at least able to take the slight and continue working. That he had emotions, some sense of humour, albeit an odd one.

It was only due to an inner want to get out of there that she 'gave in' (as others might say) and picked up a cloth to wipe the tables with. She craftily avoided the table she had mushed food into, keen on allowing him to deal with that.

"So, Ferkel," she split the silence. "Were you conscripted, or did you sign up for this willingly?"

From what she had learned, that very question was one very few dared ask. For most, they silently agreed that it was out of bounds. It divided people, and many wished to keep it private. If they didn't, they would have spoken out about it already. Ymir had no qualms about breaching such a sensitive question, nor any hesitance.

« Reply #13 on: December 10, 2018, 03:09:36 PM »
He sighed looking up at her putting the rag he was using to clean the table down.   He sat down onto one of the benches facing her.  He would think for a few seconds pondering what he would say to the other cadet.

He quietly muttered to her "My name isn't Ferkel...You can call me Voltaire..." He said avoiding her question.   There was no reason for him to answer her question about himself.   He turned the tables on the cadet by switching the question onto her "So what is your name?"

« Reply #14 on: December 12, 2018, 02:10:22 AM »
Ymir drew back her upper lip in distaste. "What kind of name is 'Voltaire'?" she sneered, and waved a dismissive hand at him. "Your name is Ferkel now." It was easier to remember given nicknames or titles, she found, particularly ones she had designed herself. Truthfully, she hadn't remembered any of the instructors' names. Nor did she really intend to.

"You can call me Ymir," she shrugged. Controlling what they all called her suited her fine. The name she stuck by was all she needed to be known as. And she doubted he had an imagination to give her an appropriate alias.

Tags:

* Tagbox

Refresh History

* Credits

Site banner, advert image and affiliate button created by Moon Child

Reluctant Heroes is in no way affiliated with Shingeki no Kyojin, Attack on Titan or Funimation and we give full credit to Hajime Isayama. Copyrights and trademarks for the manga and anime are held by their respective owners while all original content remains the property of the individual writers and artists.