* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Season

Season 2

* Activity

Crossing the line by Tyler Morgan
[Today at 02:32:56 PM]

Re: Serenity Kinslea by Puffin
[February 22, 2019, 04:28:42 PM]

Re: Wedding Shenanigans! by Puffin
[February 20, 2019, 01:16:22 PM]

Re: Wedding Shenanigans! by Webs
[February 18, 2019, 08:28:50 PM]

Wedding Shenanigans! by Guardsman93
[February 18, 2019, 01:26:32 AM]

* Who's Online

• Dot Guests: 54
  • Dot Hidden: 0
  • Dot Users: 0

There aren't any users online.

* Wanted

* Chatbox

Refresh History
  • Puffin: Aww, well remembered Quiet! :D Yes, happy (now belated) birthday! <3
    February 21, 2019, 09:34:08 AM
  • Quiet: Happy Birthday Mitabi!
    February 20, 2019, 10:02:19 PM
  • Quiet: No worries. Anka is not going anywhere lol! Take your time. Though I am looking forward to reading the sads!
    February 15, 2019, 02:53:24 PM
  • Kieran Ashmiller: I will get a Mitabi reply for utopia up after Puffin gets Ian's post
    February 15, 2019, 05:24:54 AM
  • Quiet: :):)
    February 15, 2019, 12:44:09 AM
  • Quiet: I think that would work. Like maybe he thinks he sees her body but she starts coughing when he picks her up or something.
    February 15, 2019, 12:44:04 AM
  • Puffin: I've been working on my reply for the Utopia Garrison thread (oh my heart) and I was actually going to add a little OOC note to say I would be happy for Ian to be the one - but if anyone else is keen for their character to be the one, then that's no problem!
    February 14, 2019, 11:35:10 PM
  • Quiet: Quick question: Does anyone want to rescue Anka from the rubble?
    February 14, 2019, 10:40:13 PM
  • Kaori: Though I agree they aren't getting enough attention in comparison to romance
    February 12, 2019, 09:19:26 PM
  • Kaori: I find that platonic relationships are often the only successful ones for me, in terms of rp
    February 12, 2019, 09:06:16 PM
  • Hubert Fraser: Platonic relationships are just as important as romantic ones. Sometimes more important. They don't get enough attention for sure!
    February 12, 2019, 09:00:01 PM
  • Kaori: They’re both such soft bois
    February 12, 2019, 08:57:25 PM
  • Kaori: At any rate, Luke and Arkin have the best and sweetest platonic relationship I’ve ever seen tbh
    February 12, 2019, 08:51:24 PM
  • Simba: xD it's alright lol
    February 12, 2019, 08:45:06 PM
  • Kaori: Lol autocorrect
    February 12, 2019, 08:44:32 PM
  • Kaori: *Simba
    February 12, 2019, 08:44:25 PM
  • Kaori: Oh hi Sombra
    February 12, 2019, 08:44:19 PM
  • Kaori: Ty
    February 12, 2019, 08:44:08 PM
  • Simba: Im not use to chatting on the site as much due to discord xD
    February 12, 2019, 08:41:57 PM
  • Simba: Ello!
    February 12, 2019, 08:41:34 PM

* Directories

RPG-DRPG Initiative

Author Topic: [OPEN] wild flowers. [Tyler]  (Read 153 times)

wild flowers. [Tyler]
« on: January 27, 2019, 02:37:14 AM »
[ early spring, 846 ]

It hadn't been quite a year since the 104th Cadet Corps had begun their training. With spring flourishing across the training grounds, Mara had taken it upon herself to take advantage. Snow had receded, allowing fresh blooms of plants to appear. Slowly but surely, nature showed that it was never over. A season of frost and snow couldn't stop flowers from budding, and even then winter had brought its own petals to spread.

Brushing back a curl of hair behind her ear, the cadet kneeled in the grass as she examined some flowers. She had studied a guide of wild flowers before, and she took that knowledge to identify the flowers she saw clumped against a bush. Bluebells, with vibrant purple petals drooping. Coralroot, with pastel pink petals spread wide. Primrose grew a few lengths over, more into the sunlight, with soft yellow petals.

She wished she had a basket with which to carry them off with her, to decorate and spruce up the barracks. But she knew they had better uses. Still, lingering over them, she closed her eyes and breathed in the air, fresh scents wafting about her. « Last Edit: February 07, 2019, 02:03:02 AM by Mara Sonnenschein »

Re: wild flowers. [open]
« Reply #1 on: February 02, 2019, 09:01:31 PM »
With spring arriving, the life on the training ground appeared to rekindle. Cadets moved around and the long time of theory lessons came to an end. At least for Tyler Morgan’s classes. You can only teach a set amount of survival skills lessons about how to survive in the cold. Most of the time was spent inside a classroom.

Having stolen a small wooden crate from the kitchen, what got him an angry glare and a few rude words, he walked around the training ground. He planned to give the Cadets some real plants to look at for today’s afternoon lesson. Additionally this small walk gave him the possibility to bask a bit in the spring sun. For someone hating the cold, he enjoyed the increasing temperatures, what sparked an unusual good mood in the man.

When he closed in on a promising spot he had seen the day before his eyes focused on a Cadet. A young girl Tyler remembered from his lessons. “Enjoying your free time, Cadet?” Tyler asked the girl, something Sonnenschein. While he memorized the last names of most of the Cadets after a year, their first names often were forgotten. Part of the reason behind it was probably his still intact believe that his work at the Training Corps was temporary and he will someday go back to the MP. Even after nearly a whole year he kept this hope. « Last Edit: February 02, 2019, 09:02:01 PM by Tyler Morgan »

Re: wild flowers. [Tyler]
« Reply #2 on: February 07, 2019, 02:02:21 AM »
She was startled out of her thoughts by the arrival of another. Blinking fast, Mara pulled her head from the flowers and looked up to the survival skills instructor. "Instructor!" she gasped, clearly startled, though her mouth smoothed into a smile. She liked him, she'd already decided, but then she liked most of the instructors. Some were a little hard to deal with here and there, a few... even more so, but she knew it was going to be hard. The moment Shadis had had them stand there, screaming into faces, she'd known it.

"Well... yes. I thought I'd go over what I remember of the flowers. I love them," she admitted, shyly. She plucked a flower, picking primrose, between two fingers, and lifted it to show him. It twirled slightly as she rubbed her fingers together. "Like primrose. It has so many different uses, and it's beautiful too. The petals remind me of the sun!"

Almost lost in a daze, she smiled again and looked at him clearly. "What are you doing out here, instructor?"

« Reply #3 on: February 08, 2019, 06:28:06 PM »
When the girl jumped Tyler wasn’t surprised. However when she smiled at him he was. He wasn’t an unsocial person, but he knew he often appeared rough and he was strict with the cadets. Additionally his mood had been more and the bad side since joining the Training Corps. First because of his injuries and his hurt pride after being abandoned by the MP, then by the cold winter days he dislikes so much.

While some of the words didn’t truly reach Tyler – he seldom appreciated things other call beautiful due to their beauty and rather for their usefulness – with others he could relate. “It is always good to know about the plants that surround us and their uses. Sometimes their beauty can hide the danger they pose.” Tyler wasn’t reprimanding the girl, just remembering her that you can’t move around blindly. Led by his words he set down his stolen crate and picked up a small tulip. Its petals were colorful and maybe it was beautiful, but it’s poisonous.

“I’m gathering material for today’s afternoon lesson. We had enough theory and it’s time for you Cadets to show me you can use the knowledge I taught you over the winter”, Tyler replied, his tone friendly and a small satisfied smile playing on his lips. He laid the tulip into the crate and looked at the Cadet. “If you got time and feel up to it you can help me collect different plants. Maybe I will give you some extra points for showing me you paid attention to my lessons and tell me about the flowers and plants you pick up? In case you don’t remember I will give you hints. Don’t worry, wrong answers won’t affect your grade.” It was a playful challenge with nothing to lose. Tyler was interested if the girl will accept it or back down.

« Reply #4 on: February 13, 2019, 12:47:25 PM »
She nodded in agreement, absolutely understanding his reasoning. Although it was perhaps not what she thought when she came across something beautiful - she knew she had a tendency to put the appearance of something above her caution. But that wasn't something to tell her instructor! Definitely not.

Looking at the tulip, Mara smiled. "Tulips are good for insect bites and burns, aren't they?" she checked, tilting her head. That was what she vaguely recalled from her reading, though she hoped she hadn't gotten it incorrect. To embarrass herself in front of her instructor! "I can't remember anything else about them," she confessed.

Her hopes soared as he spoke of his plans for the afternoon lesson. And his suggestion that she could help made her practically glow, eyes widening as she gazed up at him. "I'd love to help!" She smiled brightly. "I'll do my best to help you any way I can, instructor." The thought of helping him at all was wonderful enough even without the plants - she loved to be of use, and to learn more from him one-on-one was an opportunity not to be missed. "It would be okay if it did affect my grade," she said carefully, "but I don't mind if it doesn't. I'll learn plenty just through helping you, and that's great!"

* Tagbox

Refresh History

* Credits

Site banner, advert image and affiliate button created by Moon Child

Reluctant Heroes is in no way affiliated with Shingeki no Kyojin, Attack on Titan or Funimation and we give full credit to Hajime Isayama. Copyrights and trademarks for the manga and anime are held by their respective owners while all original content remains the property of the individual writers and artists.