* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Season

Season 2

* Activity

* Who's Online

• Dot Guests: 18
  • Dot Hidden: 0
  • Dot Users: 1
  • Dot Users Online:

* Wanted

* Chatbox

Refresh History
  • Webs: it should all be mostly fixed now :)
    August 09, 2019, 05:05:42 PM
  • Webs: sorry this is late, been scrolling down the site to deal with the spam issue more than checking the chatbox
    August 09, 2019, 04:59:08 PM
  • Webs: Quiet!!
    August 09, 2019, 04:58:55 PM
  • Quiet: I'm alive! Hoping to post this weekend!
    August 08, 2019, 01:05:15 PM
  • Puffin: I really must post soon! Sorry for the glacial pace, guys. ^^'
    August 05, 2019, 03:09:35 PM
  • Webs: We're still alive :)
    July 28, 2019, 11:50:21 PM
  • Webs: minaaaa
    July 03, 2019, 07:08:39 PM
  • Serenity Kinslea: Getting caught up on threads as wwell!
    June 29, 2019, 06:28:56 PM
  • Serenity Kinslea: Hey guys!
    June 29, 2019, 06:28:19 PM
  • Quiet: Just wanted to let everyone know I'll be getting caught up on threads when my husband and I get back home. Look for posts Sunday and Monday. :-)
    June 28, 2019, 10:47:06 PM
  • Nanaba: Welcome tategama
    June 22, 2019, 12:09:11 AM
  • Quirin Drexler: welcome, Tategama!!
    June 11, 2019, 09:04:17 PM
  • Puffin: Hi Tategama, welcome to the site! :)
    June 10, 2019, 09:35:46 PM
  • Tategama: Hello
    June 10, 2019, 09:33:17 PM
  • Webs: oh man i just saw this but YES for sure XD
    June 09, 2019, 07:58:03 PM
  • Puffin: I have to admit, the sticky floor gave me a giggle! Poor Anka and Gustav. XD
    June 07, 2019, 09:39:28 PM
  • Quiet: So if there was a Yelp in the SNK world....Gustav and Anka would be leaving the tavern a negative review lol.
    June 05, 2019, 01:26:26 AM
  • Nero: Thanks! And hi. :)
    June 03, 2019, 10:39:51 PM
  • Puffin: Oops, I was meant to do that for you, Nero! I'll take care of it now. Welcome to RH, by the way! :)
    June 03, 2019, 10:27:16 PM
  • Virgil Adair: How can I move my application into directory?
    June 03, 2019, 01:33:28 PM

* Directories

RPG-DRPG Initiative

Author Topic: Sticks and stones  (Read 599 times)

Sticks and stones
« on: February 01, 2019, 06:57:44 PM »
I’m not good with traditional ‘friends, enemies, lovers’-plotters, but I hope you can work with the 3 sections I provide here.

Time and Places
- Childhood: He spent his childhood between his family home in Orvud district and their second residence inside Wall Sina
- Teenage years: With his training load increasing he spent most of his time in the area of Wall Rose and seldom in Wall Maria
- Cadet days: Tyler joined the military at age 17 (834-837)
- Military Police: With his unit in the MP Tyler moved around a lot and can be found at various places
- Training Corps: He spends his days on the training grounds and often wanders through town were the Corps are situated and its surrounding area when he has time

About Tyler (warning: random things/facts incoming)
- Loyal: Who got his trust once has a loyal friend that will never betray one. Tyler will always defend his friends. Even after what happened at the MP his still feels loyalty towards them
- Fears high places, even worse without solid ground under his feet (using 3DMG still makes his heart race, but most of the time he can play it off)
- Due to an incident during his last mission in the MP Tyler limps slightly and his right hand is stiff. He currently tries to relearn the tasks of his dominant hand with his left hand
- Likes cats: With him moving around he can’t have his own cat, but he picks up hurt strays and nurses them back to health. Also shares food with cats or pets them when he walks past a cat
- Hates cold weather and freezes quickly. Storms have always fascinated him
- Smokes and enjoys drinking when he is off-duty
- Organized to an extreme level. Every object in his private rooms has a fixed position and he sometimes tries to archive this in public places, too, and moved objects back to the place he decided they should be
- During his first years in the Training Corps Tyler still believes his time there is temporary, when the second years starts he slowly accepts that it is permanent and he struggles to accept it
- |WIP|

Plot Ideas
- |Current| Interactions with the Cadets (lessons and the like)
- |Current| A Cadet gets hurt/a group gets lost during a lesson or event, bonus points to whoever is brave enough for smartass comments and face Tyler’s temper
- |Current or Past| Tyler isn’t good with heights and maybe someone realizes it? More realistic during his Cadet days, because he learned to hide his fear
- |Current or Past| Tyler has a soft spot for cats and when he finds a hurt stray he takes it with him and cares for it until it is healthy again. Maybe someone runs into him and is flabbergasted about this unexpected side of Tyler?
- |Past| Interactions with other Cadets during his training or interactions with members of the MP/other regimes when he was part of the MP (like annoying someone from the Garrison with questions for an investigation?)
- |WIP|

« Last Edit: February 03, 2019, 02:13:49 PM by Tyler Morgan »

Re: Sticks and stones
« Reply #1 on: February 02, 2019, 08:39:27 PM »
Here we go! Offering you these three, and I'll have an instructor soon I can also offer up. You don't have to take on all - as many as you like or work for you, I'm just giving plenty of choice!

Tyler & Axel
Axel is deeply dedicated to learning and being the best soldier he can be - Survival Skills would be one of his best classes. He'd often hold back behind lessons to ask additional questions. He's also a stickler for rules and organisation, so he might help Tyler after a lesson putting things away properly.

Tyler & Mara
I feel like Mara would like Tyler a lot - especially if she sees him with a cat. She's a very soft, optimistic cadet, and eager. She loves flowers, so anything involving the usefulness of plants at all in lessons will get her attention.

Tyler & Quirin
At two years younger than Tyler, Quirin entered the cadets in Stohess District in 833, being a part of the 92nd Cadet Corps. While they likely wouldn't have interacted other than the odd event inviting multiple corps back then, they would have graduated within a year of one another. Quirin graduated in 836 and was stationed in Stohess District as a member of the Military Police. It's pretty possible that from this point they might have interacted - Quirin works generally as a bodyguard for nobles and important figures in Stohess District, which enables him to travel with them to other places as well. Perhaps they meet at one point during an investigation where Quirin was protecting a noble and Tyler stopped them to warn the noble or question them about recent events as a possible witness? For a first meeting, and we see how they go from there. They could have their own interview one on one as well.

Axel Falkenrath | Mara Sonnenschein | Ymir | Gustav Volk | Nack Tierce | Quirin Drexler | Gunther Schultz

« Reply #2 on: February 03, 2019, 04:24:59 AM »
Hi and welcome to the game!

I'm happy to offer any of my characters. I write Anka Rheinberger, Dot Pixis, Arkin Holt, and Miriam Gracey. All of them are members of the Garrison.

Miriam - I think it's possible that Tyler and Miri were in the same training group. I'd be happy with any threads set during their training days. Miri is/was the type to just never stop talking but she's good at her core. She's not very strong but her main 3DM skill is she is very fast. She was one of those cadets that was always buzzing around with their gear.

Arkin - Arkin is a little older than Tyler but he has a reputation as a bit of a medic/apothecary. Basically people go to him when they don't want to face the actual medics lol. He also has a disability (mangled left hand from a cannon backfire) and has had to relearn how to do many tasks. He's also an all around nice guy.

Anka and Dot - I can't think of anything off the top of my head, but they are prominent Garrison members and Pixis does like to visit the training grounds now and then. He also likes to drink. Anka does not like it when Dot drinks and she (and Gustav) have tracked him down at many taverns.  Anka does like rules and organization though. If Tyler is ever investing something involving the Garrison, I imagine Anka and Pixis would know about it.

I'm open to just about anything! Again - welcome to the game! Happy to have you! « Last Edit: February 03, 2019, 04:26:24 AM by Quiet »

Anka Rheinberger | Dot Pixis | Arkin Holt | Miriam Gracey | Mina Carolina

« Reply #3 on: February 03, 2019, 02:05:51 PM »
Now it’s time to look at the suggestions here.

Mara and Tyler

With the plants topic already rolling, we can keep the cat one in mind for sometime later.

Quirin and Tyler

I really like your idea with Tyler stopping Quirin and the noble. Maybe to noble is a suspect in the case Tyler investigates and he tries to interview Quirin about this suspicion? Do you want to start this one or should I? I think both is possible.

Axel and Tyler

I think Tyler will like Axel for his eagerness and take the time to answer all his question. We can combine the asking questions part with the putting things away one. (And I can assure you: Tyler is very notorious and he will probably correct all the things Axel put away even if they are just a few millimeters off). With the Mara and Quirin thread going, do you want to do this one at a later point or should we start it, too?

Miriam and Tyler

I love past threads and I can see Tyler be a bit irritated by her. Depending when this thread takes place, Tyler is still dealing with his fear of heights and seeing someone actually looking forward to 3DM training is a thing he can’t understand. However I can imagine Tyler warming up to her and maybe her chatter distracts him a bit from his fear? Depending on how observant Miriam is she can realize Tyler’s fear and be one of the few to know it?

Anka/Dot and Tyler

With his group attempting to not attract too much attention I think Tyler never approached someone in higher ranks or with connection to them in the Garrison. However I like the idea of Pixis dropping by the training grounds and Tyler isn’t one to refuse to drink as long as it is off-duty. However I can also imagine this being a group thread with all instructors, Pixis, Anka and Gustav. The aids trying to rein Pixis drinking in and the instructors not supporting this attempt (maybe Pixis brought some higher quality alcohol with him to bribe the instructors?). But we would have to discuss this options with the others.

Arkin and Tyler

Tyler normally avoids the actual medics and uses his skills to take care of his own wounds. How about Tyler is on a mission and gets hurt, but doesn’t have the needed things to treat his wounds. He remembers having heard of a Garrison member into medicine and searches out Arkin?

« Reply #4 on: February 03, 2019, 04:10:04 PM »
Miri + Tyler - I think when Miri was younger she could honestly be very annoying to those who did not like chatty people with high pitched voices lol. However, she is the type of person who is smarter and more observant than people give her credit for.  If she noticed that he was struggling or seemed scared, she'd want to try and help him.  And she would never tell anyone his secret.  They could make interesting friends as there is plenty Miri would need help with as well. Maybe he would take on a little bit of a big brother role in her life. I think a thread with them as trainees would be fun for sure.

Anka/Dot + Tyler - I think Dot would visit the training grounds fairly often. After all - the bulk of the trainees would be joining his regiment.  And he would be very happy to share the good stuff with any instructors he likes.  He's also just a little nosy as well lol. Anka would have no actual issue with Tyler - just if he helps Dot with his drinking she may side eye him pretty hard lol.

Arkin + Tyler - I think Arkin would be pretty well known among the cadets and younger soldiers because he'll give things like remedies for hangovers and birth control without judgment or having to sign anything. Arkin would be happy to help Tyler with whatever he needed.

« Reply #5 on: February 03, 2019, 09:54:32 PM »
Tyler & Mara
Sounds great! I'll note it down, and get you a reply very soon too.

Tyler & Quirin
I'm glad you like it! I love that idea, it'll have the right shade of intrigue and be very interesting to see how they react to one another. Starting-wise, would you like to set out what he might be investigating? You can make up any details about the noble you like - if we set it at the noble's home then we can both add details as we like. But if you'd prefer me to start, I can do - just let me know :)

Tyler & Axel
Sounds perfect to me. I'd love to see how Axel handles that, and whether it gets on his nerves or if he appreciates it and starts pushing himself more to find approval from Tyler's organisational wishes. We can put this on the side for now if you like, and start it up either after one of the other threads finishes, or when you feel like adding it on. I'm down for ALL the threads but I don't want to overwhelm you as well heh, and 2 is a great start!

Axel Falkenrath | Mara Sonnenschein | Ymir | Gustav Volk | Nack Tierce | Quirin Drexler | Gunther Schultz

« Reply #6 on: February 04, 2019, 06:25:25 PM »
Miriam and Tyler

Oh, I really like this unlikely friendship idea. Even after years Tyler will come running if Miriam needs help, as he does with all his friends. Then let’s start with a trainee thread. Should I start with a 3DM lesson set up? Or do you want to start?

Anka/Dot and Tyler

Tyler won’t actively help with Dot’s drinking, but he also won’t stop him. Like a suggested before – maybe at a later point as a group thread with other instructors?

Arkin and Tyler

Great. Then let’s do this one. I think here I should definitely do the starter with Tyler approaching Arkin? Does he live outside the Garrison base or inside?

Quirin and Tyler

Sounds good. I will do the starter as soon as I can.

Axel and Tyler

Let’s stick with two and I can look how it will work out timewise after this first bunch of plotting comes to an end. (But I also want to write this…and I need all control I have to not jump into this thread right away, too.)

« Reply #7 on: February 04, 2019, 09:05:43 PM »
Miri + Tyler - I can start it. I have this image of Miri just buzzing around like an aggravating humming bird and then dropping in front of Tyler like, "Hiiiii!!!!!" Or bumping into him lol. I'll start it later tomorrow. :-)

Anka/Dot + Tyler - Dot drinking with instructors makes me happy lol. A later thread for sure.

Arkin + Tyler - Yay! Sounds good. Arkin lives in the Garrison barracks in the officers section. I'm not sure people can just walk into that part of the base, but maybe Tyler finds him in the mess hall or just coming off duty so just walking across the grounds. He's used to random people seeking him out so he won't be bothered if Tyler just walks up to him. « Last Edit: February 05, 2019, 01:24:02 AM by Quiet »

Tags:

* Tagbox

Refresh History

* Credits

Site banner, advert image and affiliate button created by Moon Child

Reluctant Heroes is in no way affiliated with Shingeki no Kyojin, Attack on Titan or Funimation and we give full credit to Hajime Isayama. Copyrights and trademarks for the manga and anime are held by their respective owners while all original content remains the property of the individual writers and artists.