* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Season

Season 2

* Activity

Re: Getting back into RP by Quiet
[April 15, 2019, 01:51:48 PM]

Getting back into RP by Lou
[April 15, 2019, 01:11:52 AM]

Re: Roll Call #09 by Lou
[April 15, 2019, 01:02:58 AM]

Re: Roll Call #09 by Webs
[April 13, 2019, 04:39:29 PM]

Re: Roll Call #09 by Samara
[April 13, 2019, 07:39:44 AM]

* Who's Online

• Dot Guests: 15
  • Dot Hidden: 0
  • Dot Users: 0

There aren't any users online.

* Wanted

* Chatbox

Refresh History
  • Quiet: Webbbsss!!!!
    April 18, 2019, 01:12:24 PM
  • Webs: hi guys <3
    April 17, 2019, 03:32:21 PM
  • Quiet: I saw that! Welcome back! And yes...I've fallen down the Ankabi hole lol.
    April 15, 2019, 01:55:37 PM
  • Nanaba: I finally found my tumblr login and ugh quiet I am catching up on your posts
    April 15, 2019, 01:08:47 AM
  • Puffin: I hope everyone had a lovely weekend! <3
    April 08, 2019, 06:24:26 AM
  • Quiet: XD XD :3 :3
    March 21, 2019, 08:22:40 PM
  • Webs: he's just being friendly :P
    March 21, 2019, 06:20:05 PM
  • Webs: decidedly not XD
    March 21, 2019, 06:19:24 PM
  • Quiet: Is...is...is Gunther attempting to flirt lol?  XP XP
    March 19, 2019, 02:54:05 AM
  • Puffin: I've been enjoying all your Ian posts on Tumblr today! <3
    March 10, 2019, 10:11:33 PM
  • Quiet: Happy Sunday y'all and a very happy birthday to Ian!
    March 10, 2019, 08:03:07 PM
  • Puffin: *waves*
    March 06, 2019, 10:19:23 PM
  • Miriam Gracey: Heyooo!!
    March 04, 2019, 01:49:29 AM
  • Nanaba: heyooooo
    March 04, 2019, 01:26:57 AM
  • Quiet: Happy Saturday y'all!
    March 03, 2019, 12:52:43 AM
  • Quiet: Yay! I'll post a plotter in a second. :-)
    February 28, 2019, 10:49:21 PM
  • Puffin: Hugh is marvellous. <3
    February 28, 2019, 09:42:18 PM
  • Puffin: Ahh, I felt bad for him when writing it - and I'm already looking forward to the moment he realises Anka is still alive!
    February 25, 2019, 05:27:23 PM
  • Quiet: Ian's response!  :'( :'( I know Anka is alive but I still feel bad!
    February 25, 2019, 04:26:06 AM
  • Puffin: Tabby is so cute, gosh! <3
    February 24, 2019, 01:48:05 PM

* Directories

RPG-DRPG Initiative

Author Topic: Truth and deception  (Read 154 times)

Truth and deception
« on: February 04, 2019, 06:29:07 PM »
|Year 843|

The Military Police overlooks many things intentionally. Bribing soldiers? Okay. Buying military assets the MP sells on the black market? No problem. Interpreting the law differently for nobles? Standard procedure. However sometimes they had to make an example. One if this time had arrived and Tyler’s team was investigating a smuggler ring. To Tyler’s disgruntle not because of the smuggling, but because of tax evasion.

To start of the investigation Tyler’s team had decided on an initial plan. One of the steps was an interview with a noble suspected to be involved in the smuggling. Tyler’s task included to get a first impression, claiming that not the noble himself but one of his business contacts was involved in this crime. Maybe rattle the noble enough to make him decide on a hasty action and thus make a mistake they could use against him.

As Tyler arrived at the nobles’ residence he once again wondered why it was always him getting this kind of assignment. Yeah, some nobles trusted him quicker due to him having the name of an influential merchant family. Still this kind of task wasn’t even close to his favorite things on the job.

A maid opened the door and after introducing himself he was left to wait in the foyer. His eyes wandered over the luxurious interior. After so many years on the move - sleeping in vacant rooms in different MP quarters, random inns or beneath the stars – such luxury has lost its appeal. He grew up with it and still he preferred sleeping in a barn close to his comrades. They were close like a family. The maid returned and he followed her into a room used to greet guests. Now his mission begins. « Last Edit: February 04, 2019, 06:45:10 PM by Tyler Morgan »

Re: Truth and deception
« Reply #1 on: March 02, 2019, 12:00:36 AM »
Laurens Holweck had hired him not on a whim, but for a purpose - he was paranoid (though he hadn't needed to say as much) that somebody was trying to get a hit on him. Quirin had, at first, been doubtful. Nobles always thought themselves more important than they were, he'd found, and their paranoia was mostly unfounded. In this case, he'd discovered that Holweck had had cause to be worried.

The idiot was part of a smuggling ring, and hadn't been covering his tracks very well. It had been easy to dig dirt on him, as Quirin often did for his charges. So there he was, guarding a poor man's smuggler.

When the maid appeared, interrupting Holweck's dull hour of surveying his records. The news of a member of the Military Police soldier's arrival made the noble still, statuesque, and stare at Quirin. Pleading with his eyes. There was no doubt a thousand possibilities running through his mind. It was with a wave of his hand that Quirin took over, instructing the maid to take the officer through to the drawing room.

"Stay calm, conduct yourself well - unassuming, calm, cooperative. If you behave as though you're better than this Morgan, you'll find yourself in the shit. We don't arrest our friends." It felt safe to make generalisations, as Quirin briefed Holweck in peace. The noble nodded, and they made their way through to the drawing room from a different door.

On arriving, Quirin took a moment to glance over his fellow soldier. Not awfully familiar, but they didn't all run in the same circles. After all, most of his companions were the corrupt sort. "You don't mind if I sit in, do you? Mr. Holweck's hired a bodyguard to support him given his weakening health." The lie flowed freely, and Holweck was smart enough to give a slow, shaky nod of agreement. "Quirin Drexler," he added as an afterthought, standing by the door as the noble took a seat by the fireplace.

Re: Truth and deception
« Reply #2 on: March 09, 2019, 07:35:52 PM »
It was a short wait and Tyler was relieved. Certain nobles had the tendencies to let others wait. Show how influential they were due to this terrible trait. Tyler hated this type and his mood lightened slightly by not having to face one of them. What was a bit unexpected was the present of another soldier, it hadn’t been in the report they had had. Did the MP play on both sides? It wouldn’t be a first.

“Of course you can sit in, as long as it is Mr. Holweck’s interest,” Tyler replied to the fellow soldier, not hiding looking him over. He didn’t knew the soldier, but Tyler was moving around too much to remember even half the faces of his fellow soldiers with the MP. He wasn’t about to judge the skills or loyalty of the other, had he learned that even the most harmless looking person could be rotten to the core.

Tyler moved towards the fireplace, hovering next to a seat but don’t sitting down. Basic rules when dealing with nobles: Only touch or use their property when they offered it. “I hope I don’t disturb you during important dealings, but I have to ask a few questions to an ongoing investigation my team is conducting.” Tyler tried a polite and hopefully non-threating approach. He needed Holweck to relax and let his guard down.

“I once again want to introduce myself. I’m Tyler Morgan and I work for a small unit inside the MP. If our information is correct you are close to a man named Gordon Harold? What can you tell me about this man?” An intentionally open question. A first test to grasp the character Tyler was dealing with. How much does he trust a strange MP? Will he hint at this friend being involved in something shady to divert the attention from himself? No other way to find out than to patiently wait for the answer. For a moment Tyler’s gaze moved towards the other soldier. Will he protect Holweck and his secrets or was there a chance he could get him to spill, if he knows anything at all.

Tags:

* Tagbox

Refresh History

* Credits

Site banner, advert image and affiliate button created by Moon Child

Reluctant Heroes is in no way affiliated with Shingeki no Kyojin, Attack on Titan or Funimation and we give full credit to Hajime Isayama. Copyrights and trademarks for the manga and anime are held by their respective owners while all original content remains the property of the individual writers and artists.