* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Season

Season 2

* Activity

Crossing the line by Tyler Morgan
[Today at 02:32:56 PM]

Re: Serenity Kinslea by Puffin
[February 22, 2019, 04:28:42 PM]

Re: Wedding Shenanigans! by Puffin
[February 20, 2019, 01:16:22 PM]

Re: Wedding Shenanigans! by Webs
[February 18, 2019, 08:28:50 PM]

Wedding Shenanigans! by Guardsman93
[February 18, 2019, 01:26:32 AM]

* Who's Online

• Dot Guests: 54
  • Dot Hidden: 0
  • Dot Users: 0

There aren't any users online.

* Wanted

* Chatbox

Refresh History
  • Puffin: Aww, well remembered Quiet! :D Yes, happy (now belated) birthday! <3
    February 21, 2019, 09:34:08 AM
  • Quiet: Happy Birthday Mitabi!
    February 20, 2019, 10:02:19 PM
  • Quiet: No worries. Anka is not going anywhere lol! Take your time. Though I am looking forward to reading the sads!
    February 15, 2019, 02:53:24 PM
  • Kieran Ashmiller: I will get a Mitabi reply for utopia up after Puffin gets Ian's post
    February 15, 2019, 05:24:54 AM
  • Quiet: :):)
    February 15, 2019, 12:44:09 AM
  • Quiet: I think that would work. Like maybe he thinks he sees her body but she starts coughing when he picks her up or something.
    February 15, 2019, 12:44:04 AM
  • Puffin: I've been working on my reply for the Utopia Garrison thread (oh my heart) and I was actually going to add a little OOC note to say I would be happy for Ian to be the one - but if anyone else is keen for their character to be the one, then that's no problem!
    February 14, 2019, 11:35:10 PM
  • Quiet: Quick question: Does anyone want to rescue Anka from the rubble?
    February 14, 2019, 10:40:13 PM
  • Kaori: Though I agree they aren't getting enough attention in comparison to romance
    February 12, 2019, 09:19:26 PM
  • Kaori: I find that platonic relationships are often the only successful ones for me, in terms of rp
    February 12, 2019, 09:06:16 PM
  • Hubert Fraser: Platonic relationships are just as important as romantic ones. Sometimes more important. They don't get enough attention for sure!
    February 12, 2019, 09:00:01 PM
  • Kaori: They’re both such soft bois
    February 12, 2019, 08:57:25 PM
  • Kaori: At any rate, Luke and Arkin have the best and sweetest platonic relationship I’ve ever seen tbh
    February 12, 2019, 08:51:24 PM
  • Simba: xD it's alright lol
    February 12, 2019, 08:45:06 PM
  • Kaori: Lol autocorrect
    February 12, 2019, 08:44:32 PM
  • Kaori: *Simba
    February 12, 2019, 08:44:25 PM
  • Kaori: Oh hi Sombra
    February 12, 2019, 08:44:19 PM
  • Kaori: Ty
    February 12, 2019, 08:44:08 PM
  • Simba: Im not use to chatting on the site as much due to discord xD
    February 12, 2019, 08:41:57 PM
  • Simba: Ello!
    February 12, 2019, 08:41:34 PM

* Directories

RPG-DRPG Initiative

Author Topic: A helping hand [Arkin]  (Read 95 times)

A helping hand [Arkin]
« on: February 08, 2019, 05:35:19 PM »
|Year 844|

Seldom every part of a mission succeeds. Sometime, like during this assignment, everything goes wrong. In such situations you had to spontaneously come up with an alternative plan. Well, it wasn’t exactly an alternative and more dealing with the aftermath. The assignment was done, but it wasn’t over.

Tyler leaned against a wall close to the Garrison barracks, watching as members of this unit entered the building for dinner after their patrols. Most came back in pairs, until Tyler finally saw someone coming back alone. Tyler cut off the soldier and looked down at the young person, probably a recent graduate from the Training Corps. “Go inside and find Arkin Holt. Tell him that someone want to talk with him and will meet him at the back of the building”, Tyler stated and walked away, not giving the Garrison soldier a chance to react.

When he arrived at the backside of the building he sat down on a crate. Hopefully the soldier will do as he was told. Out of his uniform Tyler couldn’t simply walk in to the private quarters of another unit and the medical facilities weren’t a possibility, too. No one should know that he was in town. Still he needed some medical help or at least some supplies so that he can fix himself up enough to make it back to their current headquarter. When he thought about a solution to his injuries Tyler had remembered something he had heard in the past: Arkin Holt, a Garrison soldier known to have medical knowledge. He didn’t knew how much of this talk was true, but it was worth a shot. « Last Edit: February 08, 2019, 05:37:43 PM by Tyler Morgan »

Re: A helping hand [Arkin]
« Reply #1 on: February 12, 2019, 01:19:17 AM »
"Begging your pardon sir!" Arkin looked up from his tea and smiled at the young soldier who had just approached him. Having come off the night watch, Arkin and his team were in the process of finishing their breakfast of eggs and toast.  He watched the young man salute and waited for a few seconds before nodded, "Yes? What's going on?"

"There is a man asking for you.  He said he'll meet you around the back."

Rahab, his second, laughed a little, "You're always so popular." While not really "popular", Arkin was often sought out by those needing the skills he possessed that were not cannon or battle related. He took another sip of his tea and shrugged, "Well I should go see what he needs. Rahab, can you make sure those reports get to Gustav and Anka?" The tall woman nodded and took another bite of her eggs, "Will do.

Having grown up in his parents apothecary shop and watched them, along with is grandparents, act as healers for the local community, Arkin had picked up a not insignificant number of skills. People would come to him if they did not want to deal with the actual medics. No judgment and less paperwork.

It took Arkin a moment to make it out the back of the building. As he stepped outside, he saw a man. Brushing his hair out of his eyes he approached the man and offered him a smile, "Hello there. Did you ask for Arkin Holt? That's me." Looking around, he found another crate and took a seat. He's knees and lower back hurt as he lowered himself down - ah getting older was chore. He looked younger than he was if someone was just glancing at him - but on close inspection, Arkin was showing some serious wear and tear. "What I can help you with?" « Last Edit: February 12, 2019, 01:22:25 AM by Arkin Holt »

"But even yet I have so many miles to go."

Re: A helping hand [Arkin]
« Reply #2 on: February 13, 2019, 06:46:13 PM »
The minutes dragged on and Tyler cautioned himself to be patient. Moving around won’t do him any good. The improvised bandage on his arm, made from a part of his shirt, was already at its limit. Tyler felt blood slowly flowing down his arm. Likewise he felt the bruises and scratches all over his body, but the wound on his arm was the one worrying him he most. The cut was deep, probably needing stitches. The only good thing in this situation was that he had chosen to wear black clothes for the mission. A color that hid the blood.

When he saw a man approaching Tyler felt his body automatically stiffen. The fight had been too recent and Tyler was still on edge. “Yes, I did,” Tyler answered the question and looked the man up and down. Felt himself relax slightly after this short inspection. The man didn’t pose any danger, at least compared to his last encounter.

“Thank you for following my request to meet. I heard that you are skilled in medicine and I hoped you could help me in a certain matter.” Tyler shrugged out of his jacket and laid it down next to him. His left arm was covered with streaks of blood, partly dry and partly fresh. The sleeve on this arm was torn off and bound around the wound. Tyler removed it to show Arkin the cut that originated from a knife he hadn’t seen in his opponents hands. His face twisted slightly as he reopened the wound when removing the improved bandage, new blood trickling down the arm.

“I apologize in advance for the inconvenience. I need this wound treated off the records, but I don’t have the right equipment with me to do it on my own.” While Tyler appeared rough most of the time and disliked asking others for help, he decided on a direct but polite approach. That it would be difficult to stitch up the cut on his upper arm by himself, he didn’t mentioned. That much was obvious.

Tags:

* Tagbox

Refresh History

* Credits

Site banner, advert image and affiliate button created by Moon Child

Reluctant Heroes is in no way affiliated with Shingeki no Kyojin, Attack on Titan or Funimation and we give full credit to Hajime Isayama. Copyrights and trademarks for the manga and anime are held by their respective owners while all original content remains the property of the individual writers and artists.