* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Season

Season 2

* Activity

Virgil Adair by Virgil Adair
[May 24, 2019, 07:41:12 PM]

Re: OOC Sign Up by Webs
[May 23, 2019, 09:41:29 PM]

Re: OOC Sign Up by Nero
[May 23, 2019, 09:37:12 PM]

Re: Frozen hopes. [Erwin] by Erwin Smith
[May 15, 2019, 10:03:39 PM]

Sigurd Hastein {WIP} by Sigurd Hastein
[May 08, 2019, 02:36:43 AM]

* Who's Online

• Dot Guests: 21
  • Dot Hidden: 0
  • Dot Users: 0

There aren't any users online.

* Wanted

* Chatbox

Refresh History
  • Webs: i'm easing back in to everything
    May 04, 2019, 09:11:16 PM
  • Webs: so sorry for the disappearance act, guys <3
    May 04, 2019, 09:11:04 PM
  • Quiet: Webbbsss!!!!
    April 18, 2019, 01:12:24 PM
  • Webs: hi guys <3
    April 17, 2019, 03:32:21 PM
  • Quiet: I saw that! Welcome back! And yes...I've fallen down the Ankabi hole lol.
    April 15, 2019, 01:55:37 PM
  • Nanaba: I finally found my tumblr login and ugh quiet I am catching up on your posts
    April 15, 2019, 01:08:47 AM
  • Puffin: I hope everyone had a lovely weekend! <3
    April 08, 2019, 06:24:26 AM
  • Quiet: XD XD :3 :3
    March 21, 2019, 08:22:40 PM
  • Webs: he's just being friendly :P
    March 21, 2019, 06:20:05 PM
  • Webs: decidedly not XD
    March 21, 2019, 06:19:24 PM
  • Quiet: Is...is...is Gunther attempting to flirt lol?  XP XP
    March 19, 2019, 02:54:05 AM
  • Puffin: I've been enjoying all your Ian posts on Tumblr today! <3
    March 10, 2019, 10:11:33 PM
  • Quiet: Happy Sunday y'all and a very happy birthday to Ian!
    March 10, 2019, 08:03:07 PM
  • Puffin: *waves*
    March 06, 2019, 10:19:23 PM
  • Miriam Gracey: Heyooo!!
    March 04, 2019, 01:49:29 AM
  • Nanaba: heyooooo
    March 04, 2019, 01:26:57 AM
  • Quiet: Happy Saturday y'all!
    March 03, 2019, 12:52:43 AM
  • Quiet: Yay! I'll post a plotter in a second. :-)
    February 28, 2019, 10:49:21 PM
  • Puffin: Hugh is marvellous. <3
    February 28, 2019, 09:42:18 PM
  • Puffin: Ahh, I felt bad for him when writing it - and I'm already looking forward to the moment he realises Anka is still alive!
    February 25, 2019, 05:27:23 PM

* Directories

RPG-DRPG Initiative

Author Topic: You're a Mean One...Mr. Fraser (Hugh's Plotter)  (Read 504 times)

You're a Mean One...Mr. Fraser (Hugh's Plotter)
« on: February 28, 2019, 10:58:53 PM »
Hubert "Hugh" Fraser
33 | Veterinarian | Surly | Intelligent | Strong | Lonely

Friends -
Hugh does not have many actual friends but as he has been in the SC 15+ years at this point - he has to have at least one or two (right?).  He does have people he deeply cares about  (but does a crap job showing) and would face a titan alone for that handful of people. Anyone want to be one of those people?  He would for sure know the members of the SC and have some sort of relationship as he looks after their horses.

Enemies -
Hugh is a jerk so he has without a doubt pissed off many many people. I'd be open to antagonistic relationships for sure. Though he would not let anything like that get in the way of his duty.

Romance -
Hugh is capable of falling in love but the lady would have to be able to dig through his harsh and surly layers.  The romance would have to happen organically and probably over a long period of time.

I am open to any ideas for plots. Hugh is a big change for me (y'all know I normally write nice people) so I am excited to get him in game! « Last Edit: March 01, 2019, 12:24:19 AM by Hubert Fraser »

Re: You're a Mean One...Mr. Fraser (Hugh's Plotter)
« Reply #1 on: March 10, 2019, 10:08:55 AM »
Ah, I already love Hubert! He's a big change for you indeed, a grumpy character and a scout to boot. I'm so excited to see what's in store for him! Anyway, here are some thoughts. :D

Hugh & Laria

All right, so Laria also absolutely adores horses and treats them with a kind hand. She joined the Survey Corps in Year 833, was injured in Year 841 and finally joined the Training Corps as the Horsemanship Instructor in Year 842. They should have a good long overlap of time in service as scouts and I could potentially see them as friends? Depending on Hugh, of course! Certainly, anyone who is good to the horses likely sits well with Laria. She's a bit rough around the edges, but with a generous heart, and I think she could handle Hubert, even at his most abrasive. I know she would be keen to help him with his charges whilst a scout, if there was ever an opportunity to. Not in a medical sense, of course, I'm thinking more if exercise was part of a horse's recovery. Heck, she'd even settle on mucking out the stables! Later, as an instructor, I could see her still reaching out to Hubert for advice on some of the Training Corps (and her own personal) horses? Whether they get on well or not, she would respect his skill as a veterinarian.

Hugh & Eld

Eld has a horse named Folly and he is more attached to her than he would readily admit. I could see him fretting, sometimes needlessly, over little blips in her health - so poor Hugh might find this scout turning up on his doorstep with some frequency! As for how these two get along, I'm open to ideas. Eld has a chronic case of bitchy resting face and can be a little abrupt. It's possible he and Hugh have rubbed each other up the wrong way before or perhaps even got off on the wrong foot. Equally, they could have an understanding of each other and a gruff, quiet sort of rapport.

Hugh & Struna

At the moment, Struna is still a cadet, so this would be a plot for further down the line. She's destined for the Survey Corps (Utopia cements that decision for her) but horsemanship is probably her weakest subject. She is quite disdainful of horses, but a huge part of that stems from fear and mistrust. As a scout, she's going to have to spend time in the saddle and I'd like to see her - very slowly - become attached to her steed. I wonder if there's a way Hugh could have a hand in that? Either indirectly, if Struna was to have an opportunity to watch him working with the horses, or more proactively? Really all depends on what's realistic for Hugh. :)

As always, I'd love to hear your thoughts Quiet! And if you're interested in plotting Hugh with any of my other characters, please just let me know. ^^

Dalton Lightbody | Eld Jinn | Farran Falkenrath | Ian Dietrich
Jarek Valdeze | Laria Rockfield | Marco Bott | Struna Mayberry

Re: You're a Mean One...Mr. Fraser (Hugh's Plotter)
« Reply #2 on: March 12, 2019, 12:49:32 AM »
I don't want it to come across like Hugh is just running around flipping people off lol. He's a good solider and a good vet - and there is a reason (not an excuse) as to why he is the way he is.

Hugh & Laria

I can totally see Laria as someone Hugh would count as an actual friend.  They would have served together a fair amount of time and I'm sure Hugh would have appreciated her care for and interest in horses. Hugh is a very strong rider and maybe he and Laria were a good team on expeditions. Also, he's huge and she's tiny and that is always fun. Hugh would have been very sorry to see her hurt/leave the SC. He does have a concrete no smoking in the SC stable rule though lol.

Hugh & Eld

I read this at first as "Eld has a horse named Fuffy," and I was - yeah he would.  ^^ He might be annoyed but never mad at Eld showing up to ask questions about his horse and its care. I don't think they would be friends - but they might dudebro nod at each other in public.

Hugh & Struna

Okay now, this could be fun. I have this vision of Hugh either forcefully taken her off or putting her on a horse lol. Maybe she has trouble on her first expedition and it falls to Hugh to look after her. (Okay...I admit it...my first thought reading your response I was like oh... grumpy Hugh gets an adoptive daughter lol). I'd love to have them in a thread for sure.  I think she might be good for Hugh and he'd help her out as well.

Let me know where/when you'd like to start! I'd really like to get Hugh into the Assualt thread for the SC for sure. And maybe something more fun as well.  :) :)

Anka Rheinberger | Dot Pixis | Arkin Holt | Miriam Gracey | Mina Carolina

Tags:

* Tagbox

Refresh History

* Credits

Site banner, advert image and affiliate button created by Moon Child

Reluctant Heroes is in no way affiliated with Shingeki no Kyojin, Attack on Titan or Funimation and we give full credit to Hajime Isayama. Copyrights and trademarks for the manga and anime are held by their respective owners while all original content remains the property of the individual writers and artists.