• Dot Users Online:

* Wanted

* Chatbox

Refresh History
  • Webs: I love it!!
    Today at 12:58:13 AM
  • Webs: omg
    Today at 12:58:08 AM
  • Quiet: Gunther and Tabby are Mando and Baby Yoda lol.
    December 07, 2019, 10:00:35 PM
  • Quiet: Happy Birthday Rico!!
    December 07, 2019, 09:36:19 PM
  • Webs: kind of reeling XD
    December 07, 2019, 02:38:54 AM
  • Webs: i feel you!
    December 07, 2019, 02:38:49 AM
  • Quiet: I'm still not okay lol
    December 07, 2019, 01:10:06 AM
  • Puffin: Right?! It was a wild ride!
    December 06, 2019, 11:16:31 AM
  • Webs: yessss
    December 05, 2019, 09:05:01 PM
  • Quiet: This new chapter y'alllllllllll!!!!!!
    December 05, 2019, 05:31:10 PM
  • Javier Renée: Very nice! Reminds me of Rue, from the Hunger Games haha
    December 04, 2019, 02:36:12 AM
  • Mercedes Carello: I love the name Ruth for some reason!
    December 02, 2019, 04:38:42 PM
  • Puffin: Ruuuuuth! <3 <3
    December 02, 2019, 12:05:12 PM
  • Webs: thanks! inspired by Jonah ^^
    December 02, 2019, 01:34:04 AM
  • Quiet: Cool idea about the families Webs!
    December 02, 2019, 01:18:44 AM
  • Webs: yessss
    December 02, 2019, 12:40:52 AM
  • Quiet: Ruth meet Eld. Eld...this is Ruth.  <3 <3 <3
    December 02, 2019, 12:32:34 AM
  • Quiet: Cheers mate!
    December 02, 2019, 12:03:37 AM
  • Puffin: Nothing in particular, I leave her in your capable hands! I look forward to seeing what you do with her, and to all the plotting of course. :D <3
    December 02, 2019, 12:00:31 AM
  • Quiet: I'll take her. I already have a semi-okay backstory that would work. Please let me know if there is anything you need/want in her bio.
    December 01, 2019, 11:50:42 PM

* Directories

RPG-DRPG Initiative

Author Topic: Dining, Dancing...  (Read 321 times)

Dining, Dancing...
« on: March 24, 2019, 08:10:00 PM »
Spring 846, a few months after the fall of Shiganshina.

Humans are, by and large, creatures of habit. This is reflected in our own attachment to traditions. In a time of great crisis, even some traditions remain upheld. Whether it was for ignorance or for the sake of tradition itself, will ultimately be for historians to decide.
This calm, almost blissful spring evening, is perhaps one of those traditions.

Tonight, at a noble’s villa just outside of Wall Sina, Nobles from throughout the remaining land of humanity pour in to be courted by military officers seeking financial and popular support for their various branches.  The Military Police always makes a strong showing at these events, and has an easier time garnering support of the wealthy. After all, who better to protect the nobles than the best soldiers that humanity has to offer?

And so, under the watchful and ever vigilant eyes of the Military Police, nobles young and old mingle amongst one another in glorious gardens filled with music and laughter, as others dance in the ballroom in the villa. All of them almost blissfully immune to the struggles of the common man.

It is on this backdrop that the main act is about to begin…

(No post order here, whoever is ready, feel free to post first!)

Re: Dining, Dancing...
« Reply #1 on: September 18, 2019, 12:18:09 PM »
The towering balcony doors hung open, cool evening air ghosting over Jarek’s skin.  Somewhere in the colourful, immaculate gardens below, a quartet was playing melodiously.  It was a peaceful counterpoint to the more exuberant celebrations taking place indoors, where the music was louder, conversation thrummed and silverware clinked cheerfully.

With a crystal glass of wine in hand, Jarek was an image of calm, completely in his element, relishing formal settings such as these.  Whenever anyone he knew passed by, the dark-haired man would flash a gregarious smile, or raise his drink in greeting.  In between times, he allowed his gaze to rove over the attendants, watching the interactions with interest.  Most were known to him, whether they had ever been formally introduced or not.  It was the duty of the Valdeze siblings to be familiar with figures of power and influence, to consider them in terms of their connections, to learn their deepest desires and sniff out their darkest secrets.  It was vital work, in their eternal quest for power and security.

But pleasure was the playmate of business, and Jarek fully intended to enjoy the event.  The host’s villa was sumptuous, though he felt - rather uncharitably - that it paled in comparison to his family’s own sprawling homestead.  Tonight’s attendants were beautifully turned out, for the most part, though fear lay behind their tight smiles and gracious manners.  Wall Maria had failed, resulting in almost innumerable casualties and refugees.

Yet Jarek was unafraid.

Mankind’s nobility still had Wall Rose and Wall Sina between them and the Titan horde they so feared.  The loss of Wall Maria was, for most of them, a faraway catastrophe, affecting them primarily in lost business opportunities and raised food prices.  And with coffers stacked high with gold, what did it matter if a sack of flour cost a few more pennies?  Their generous host was a prime example of this, having managed to source the finest food and beverages for the evening’s banquet - including wines from the fallen district, the value of which had skyrocketed.

Jarek indulgently swirled the liquid gold in his glass.  He would likely be in high demand, the Valdeze family having long been patrons to the military.  Most often they endorsed and supported the Military Police, of course, though the Survey Corps and Garrison had both had their respective palms crossed with silver in the past.  But not this time… Jarek smirked to himself, enjoying a sip of the crisp, rare white he held in hand, breathing deep the scent of night-blooming jasmine and quiet desperation.

* Tagbox

Refresh History

* Credits

Site banner, advert image and affiliate button created by Moon Child

Reluctant Heroes is in no way affiliated with Shingeki no Kyojin, Attack on Titan or Funimation and we give full credit to Hajime Isayama. Copyrights and trademarks for the manga and anime are held by their respective owners while all original content remains the property of the individual writers and artists.

We are grateful to former staff member Artsy for her creative input.