* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Season

Season 2

* Activity

Re: Doctor and Im-Patient. [Struna] by Struna Mayberry
[September 15, 2019, 07:31:08 PM]

Re: The Welcoming Committee [Erwin & Laria] by Laria Rockfield
[September 15, 2019, 09:33:11 AM]

Re: Pigtails Needs Pals! (Mina's Plotter) by Marco Bott
[September 14, 2019, 10:31:17 PM]

young love, late night (Eld's fiancée) by Eld Jinn
[September 14, 2019, 10:07:54 PM]

* Who's Online

• Dot Guests: 12
  • Dot Hidden: 0
  • Dot Users: 0

There aren't any users online.

* Wanted

* Chatbox

Refresh History
  • Puffin: I hope everyone is having a lovely weekend! <3
    August 25, 2019, 10:52:44 AM
  • Webs: it should all be mostly fixed now :)
    August 09, 2019, 05:05:42 PM
  • Webs: sorry this is late, been scrolling down the site to deal with the spam issue more than checking the chatbox
    August 09, 2019, 04:59:08 PM
  • Webs: Quiet!!
    August 09, 2019, 04:58:55 PM
  • Quiet: I'm alive! Hoping to post this weekend!
    August 08, 2019, 01:05:15 PM
  • Puffin: I really must post soon! Sorry for the glacial pace, guys. ^^'
    August 05, 2019, 03:09:35 PM
  • Webs: We're still alive :)
    July 28, 2019, 11:50:21 PM
  • Webs: minaaaa
    July 03, 2019, 07:08:39 PM
  • Serenity Kinslea: Getting caught up on threads as wwell!
    June 29, 2019, 06:28:56 PM
  • Serenity Kinslea: Hey guys!
    June 29, 2019, 06:28:19 PM
  • Quiet: Just wanted to let everyone know I'll be getting caught up on threads when my husband and I get back home. Look for posts Sunday and Monday. :-)
    June 28, 2019, 10:47:06 PM
  • Nanaba: Welcome tategama
    June 22, 2019, 12:09:11 AM
  • Quirin Drexler: welcome, Tategama!!
    June 11, 2019, 09:04:17 PM
  • Puffin: Hi Tategama, welcome to the site! :)
    June 10, 2019, 09:35:46 PM
  • Tategama: Hello
    June 10, 2019, 09:33:17 PM
  • Webs: oh man i just saw this but YES for sure XD
    June 09, 2019, 07:58:03 PM
  • Puffin: I have to admit, the sticky floor gave me a giggle! Poor Anka and Gustav. XD
    June 07, 2019, 09:39:28 PM
  • Quiet: So if there was a Yelp in the SNK world....Gustav and Anka would be leaving the tavern a negative review lol.
    June 05, 2019, 01:26:26 AM
  • Nero: Thanks! And hi. :)
    June 03, 2019, 10:39:51 PM
  • Puffin: Oops, I was meant to do that for you, Nero! I'll take care of it now. Welcome to RH, by the way! :)
    June 03, 2019, 10:27:16 PM

* Directories

RPG-DRPG Initiative

Author Topic: Made my mistakes  (Read 536 times)

Made my mistakes
« on: May 28, 2019, 06:45:42 PM »

ex-survey. mercenary. morally ambiguous. application

friends.
Anyone willing to protect Virgil's identity.

enemies.
Those who would like to turn them in as a mutineer + anyone they could have beef with as a mercenary. Ex unhappy clients or whoever they had to beat up on boss' order.

lovers.
They're bi so it could be anyone, but I'd like to play it out instead of just deciding someone is an already established love interest. Bonus points if they're in any corps and doing their duty to give Adair conflicting feelings.

thread ideas.
Anyone from corps who isn't a newbie so they were there long enough to know Virgil once was there too - seeing them, realizing they're not dead and either confronting them and trying to turn them in or giving them a talk about duty & all.
* Someone who either hired Virgil in the past or had someone close to them hire them and feels guilty over using a "thug".
* Fight in a pub. Either Virgil or your character spills liquid on the other and we get to have a bit of a 'friendly' dispute.
** Alternative to above. They spill liquids on each other or trip onto you and instead of a regular fight it turns into awkward, aggressive flirting (that may as well turn into a regular fist fight anyway).

Re: Made my mistakes
« Reply #1 on: May 28, 2019, 10:37:21 PM »
Virgil & Quirin
Quirin is a corrupt member of the Military Police with ties across the Walls dabbling in anything and everything, and would have use for a mercenary every once in a while - the less that ties back to him, the better. He might be up for a fight which could be how they first meet, or they could discuss some kind of job and what Virgil is capable of.

Virgil & Gunther
Gunther is the same age as Virgil and also went into the Survey Corps, so it's possible that they both joined the scouts at the same time? Perhaps they trained with him and worked together a few times during that time?

Axel Falkenrath | Mara Sonnenschein | Ymir | Gustav Volk | Nack Tierce | Quirin Drexler | Gunther Schultz

« Reply #2 on: May 29, 2019, 02:16:36 PM »
Virgil & Quirin

That'd be splendid. It could be a fight, perhaps even solely for Quirin to test whether Virgil is capable, that suddenly stops as he offers Virgil to work for him. If you're up for this setting, due to how it began, there would be some contempt from Adair as they took it personally - but at the same time the need to prove he was wrong to ever doubt them.

Virgil & Gunther
Most definitely. Especially as Gunther's taller than Virgil, they could mock him for being "a training titan". I'm unsure how bound to duty he is, but hypothetically, if they were good friends back then, they could stay in touch. Of course, he's allowed to have second thoughts and consider turning them in. But they could be drinking buddies while it lasts.

« Reply #3 on: May 29, 2019, 03:04:13 PM »
Hey there and welcome to the game! I'm Quiet and I have a few characters that might work with Virgil. :-) I'm also up for thread ideas. :-)

Hugh Fraser - Hugh has been a member of the SC for 15+ years at this point and functions as a veterinarian for the group.  He has a lot of interaction with SC members because he looks after their horses. He does care about his comrades...in a mostly grumpy and detached sort of way.  Hugh might remember Virgil. And if he does, he may or may not say anything.

Miriam Gracey - She is of age to have been in the same training group as Virgil. She went into the Garrison but might remember them a little or a lot depending on if they were friendly in training. She is reconnecting with Gunther ATM lol.

I also write Dot Pixis, Anka Rheinberger, and Arkin Holt. They are all Garrison members and a little to a lot older than Virgil so I don't know if they would have connections that could work for threads.  If if you have any ideas though - I am always open. :-)

Anka Rheinberger | Dot Pixis | Arkin Holt | Miriam Gracey | Mina Carolina

« Reply #4 on: May 29, 2019, 06:52:24 PM »
Hugh Fraser
I actually had an idea that Virgil has a trained horse so perhaps in the past they actually relied on Hugh to help them pick 'the one' and how to get around training attempts. They probably still come to him in case the horse gets hurt, and pay his handsomely to help and stay silent.

Miriam Gracey
She's very dutiful, so I'd say it's best she doesn't know they're alive, at least for now. They could be sparring buddies in the past while she was trying to score high enough to join Military Police. Perhaps they were friends prior to results and when they came, Virgil mocked her and effectively ended their friendship - that could give her a reason to seek revenge by not only turning them in, but also insisting on severe punishment. But that's assuming she's prone to holding grudges so it's up to you as from app she seems a bit too sweet for that. But that'd be a cool storyline to play out to be honest!

Dot Pixis, Anka Rheinberger
I do have an idea for those two. Pixis could know of Virgil's being alive and use that to softly bribe them into getting rid of particularly troublesome criminals for a price that would be pragmatically speaking too low for them to agree on (as many of those are past and present bosses of theirs, and it's in bad taste to go after previous employers) if they didn't fear being sold out. Anka could be his way of reaching them. I adore her personality and I reckon she could boss Virgil around for both their mutineer status and Pixis letting them do Garrison work. They would look up to her despite that, because she's obviously competent and they'd see her as nearly a shadow leader of the garrison.

Arkin Holt
No idea for now, but we can figure something out if/when Virgil stops living incognito. I don't want to go overboard with everyone knowing they're alive.

As for thread possibilities, we could play out:
* Pixis or Anka giving Virgil another target to take down.
* Virgil bringing his horse to Hugh to take care of after someone attacking them while horse-riding and horse getting wounded.
* If you'd prefer more slice of life for now, we could have a thread of either Pixis (although I somehow doubt he would?) drinking with them or even meeting with Arkin in a pub and becoming drinking buddies, unaware of each other's identity.
** Future (as I would prefer it not to be my first thread so I can play out Virgil being a mercenary for a bit): the Miriam storyline if my ideas fit her personality.

« Reply #5 on: May 29, 2019, 08:26:35 PM »
Hugh/Virgil - I think that would work really well with Hugh and Virgil! All Hugh would really care about was that Virgil's horse was being looked after. And you make a really good point about finding the right horse. Pairing the right horse with the right rider is just as much looking after the horse as making sure it has the right diet or shoes.

Miri/Virgil - Miri would have gone into the MPs had she had the score, but she's perfectly content in the Garrison. She would not have been upset to not make the top 10. Virgil mocking her is not something she would appreciate and if that was a pattern of behavior they showed throughout training - she would have had no interest in being friends with them.  I think finding out they are alive would be a rock and a hard place for her. On one hand she knows that her duty is to turn them in - but on the other hand...sometimes the rules and laws make no sense and maybe should something should be let go. It would be hard.

Pixis/Anka/Virgil - Really good idea! Pixis has a ruthless and practical streak and I'm sure he'd view using Virgil as the end justifying the means for the truly awful criminals.  Virgil can go places and do things military members never could. Solid idea!! It makes sense that they would use Anka as a go-between. Anka would be very stern and demand a lot out of Virgil, but I think her core of kindness would peep out.  She'd be iffy about Virgil at first - but she trusts Dot. And I think she would warm up a bit as time went on lol.

I really like the idea of Virgil getting an assignment from Pixis/Anka and then reporting back after they carried it out. I just have this vision of them meeting in dark alleyways lol. Anka was injured very badly during the Utopia Assualt though so we'd just have to watch when the thread was set.

Also really down for a Virgil/Hugh thread. I've not written him a ton yet, but I'm looking forward to getting Hugh in the game.

So let me know where and how you would like to start!  :) :) :)

« Reply #6 on: May 29, 2019, 08:54:53 PM »
Miri/Virgil
Of course, point taken. I don't think they'd mock her consistently if that wasn't important for her so that'd be one time occurence. Then a possible thread is confrontation when she realizes they're alive and Virgil focuses on convincing her that she should keep it a secret. It's even better, because we can play it any time.

I really like the idea of Virgil getting an assignment from Pixis/Anka and then reporting back after they carried it out. I just have this vision of them meeting in dark alleyways lol.

We could do a thread for that for sure. It's up to you to choose whichever character you want to play it out with. I'd appreciate if you could start this one.

Also really down for a Virgil/Hugh thread. I've not written him a ton yet, but I'm looking forward to getting Hugh in the game.
And in return, I'd start this one with Virgil coming during the night, getting Hugh out of the bed to check his horse.

Tell me whichever thead of those 3 you want. I mean I can do all 3 at once! Oh, and do tell me what time to frame them in so it doesn't correlate with any events in lives of your characters.

« Reply #7 on: June 01, 2019, 02:29:20 AM »
Virgil/Anka/Pixis - It would be logical and worth it to include Gustav in this as well. I can't imagine Gustav would not be involved. I'll reach out to Webs and we can come up with some sort of plan. I'll look to start it this weekend.

Virgil/Hugh - I'd love to see 6'3 pile of grump Hugh woken up in the middle of the night. I imagine he sleeps near where the Survey Corps keep their horses when they are not on a mission. Start that whenever you have the time. No stress and no worries. :-)

Virgil/Miri - Let's hold off on this one for a bit. Virgil would need a pretty solid argument for Miri not to turn them in - but it's possible. She'd also be likely to follow the lead of someone else who knows if it's someone she trusts.

« Reply #8 on: June 01, 2019, 02:48:27 AM »
Virgil & Quirin
I am absolutely down for them fighting and taking that sudden twist where he offers them a job - and with all the contempt that comes with it. It's healthy to have that good sense of distrust... right? XD I can throw up a starter for them, set the scene, if you like. Is there anything in particular you feel Quirin might know of through the grapevine about the sort of work Virgil has accomplished?

Virgil & Gunther
I like the mocking idea, and we could absolutely explore their relationship and whether they were friends or just acquaintances if you like, and see where they might go from there then. I imagine if they keep in touch then there's a chance of Gunther either turning a blind eye to their 'business' or else, if they don't get along or fall out of touch, might involve Gunther trying to stop Virgil at some point?

Axel Falkenrath | Mara Sonnenschein | Ymir | Gustav Volk | Nack Tierce | Quirin Drexler | Gunther Schultz

« Reply #9 on: June 01, 2019, 11:44:04 AM »
Virgil/Anka/Pixis - I'll look to start it this weekend.
I'm looking forward to this.

Virgil/Hugh - Start that whenever you have the time.
I'll get onto it asap.

Virgil/Miri - Let's hold off on this one for a bit.
kk

Virgil & Quirin
the sort of work Virgil has accomplished?
Virgil is no small fry anymore. They work with one of the biggest scums within the walls and are hired only for tough work nowadays (partially because they charge a lot if they know someone can pay, even if they don't want to). But during the fall of wall they were mainly hired for finding lost family members and heirlooms for nearly no charge which is not a secret, so if Quirin framed the job as something good (not that it has to be, just convince Virgil), he could use it to lure them in and also pay little.

Virgil & Gunther
I imagine if they keep in touch then there's a chance of Gunther either turning a blind eye to their 'business' or else, if they don't get along or fall out of touch, might involve Gunther trying to stop Virgil at some point?
I reckon the best way to establish where their relationship stands is to simply play it out. I like the idea of Gunther acting based on how they feel about Virgil and don't mind if it will bite them in the ass at some point.

« Reply #10 on: June 02, 2019, 08:37:33 PM »
Virgil & Quirin
I'll absolutely get this started and figure out something for maybe finding something expensive that isn't quite his... but that they could get too. Or something of the like. Some tavern or pub or bar in Wall Rose maybe for the setting of the fight?

Virgil & Gunther
Absolutely. With most people, first impressions matter a lot to Gunther, so maybe early on when they're in the survey corps?

« Reply #11 on: June 02, 2019, 08:43:15 PM »
Virgil & Quirin
Some tavern or pub or bar in Wall Rose maybe for the setting of the fight?
Definitely. Virgil could be already grumpy and drinking to calm down so it won't be hard to get them to a fighting mood.

Virgil & Gunther
Absolutely. With most people, first impressions matter a lot to Gunther, so maybe early on when they're in the survey corps?
Virgil was far more amiable and shy back then due to still having their family alive and feeling like they have to make up for every moment by trying too much to be liked so I don't see why not. With such, Gunther will be able to reflect on how much Adair has changed.

« Reply #12 on: June 02, 2019, 08:56:27 PM »
Virgil & Quirin
Starter on the way to you soon!

Virgil & Gunther
That definitely works out. Is there anything in particular you'd like to explore with them, via some task or something?

« Reply #13 on: June 02, 2019, 08:58:51 PM »
Virgil & Gunther
Virgil's disbelief in survey corps' competence in leading people, their belief on the cause is pointless. Basically all the issues they take with the structure. Mostly via talk, as I can't think of any activities for those to be done.

« Reply #14 on: June 02, 2019, 09:29:30 PM »
So I got ahold of Webs (hello friend!) and they are game to involve Gustav in the Pixis/Anka/Virgil plot. 

I'll start the thread tomorrow (have to deal with some shenanigans tonight) but how about we begin with Pixis, Anka, and Gustav waiting for Virgil is some hole in the wall seedy dive tavern. Or maybe just Anka and Gustav since Pixis might be too well known to be able to be incognito anywhere.

Let me know! :-)

Tags:

* Tagbox

Refresh History

* Credits

Site banner, advert image and affiliate button created by Moon Child

Reluctant Heroes is in no way affiliated with Shingeki no Kyojin, Attack on Titan or Funimation and we give full credit to Hajime Isayama. Copyrights and trademarks for the manga and anime are held by their respective owners while all original content remains the property of the individual writers and artists.