• Dot Hidden: 0
  • Dot Users: 5
  • Dot Users Online:

* Wanted

* Chatbox

Refresh History
  • Quiet: Plotter is up!
    Today at 12:38:53 AM
  • Webs: Plot away! And save a plot or two for me too! ;)
    Today at 12:17:58 AM
  • Quiet: I do my best! Thank you Webs!
    Today at 12:15:40 AM
  • Webs: yesss glad you got her done! You're fantastic, Quiet ^^
    Today at 12:09:59 AM
  • Quiet: Tis a Rico!
    Today at 12:05:17 AM
  • Webs: Is that a completed Rico I spy?
    October 22, 2019, 11:56:08 PM
  • Webs: yessss
    October 22, 2019, 06:55:24 PM
  • Puffin: I am so excited to see it, Quiet! :D
    October 22, 2019, 06:41:40 PM
  • Quiet: I'm getting Rico's bio done today come hell or high water!
    October 22, 2019, 06:38:17 PM
  • Puffin: Moblit is love. <3
    October 22, 2019, 05:49:38 PM
  • Webs: Just a note - we've brightened up the main font colour so it might look a little odd for a bit! Just trying to make it more legible, especially on darker screens and mobile devices!
    October 22, 2019, 12:48:30 PM
  • Webs: ahhh Armin! I can't wait to see him <3 sending all the strength your way!
    October 22, 2019, 12:10:24 AM
  • the dear hunter.: god give me strength to finish armin's bio!!!!
    October 21, 2019, 11:49:58 PM
  • Mina Carolina: LOL. When the popped up on my feed I was like...oh yeah.
    October 21, 2019, 09:38:11 PM
  • Webs: Quiet those rose cupcakes - definitely for a Garrison party!
    October 21, 2019, 08:30:39 PM
  • Nanaba: yay Quiet posties
    October 21, 2019, 03:18:38 PM
  • Puffin: Ooh, Quiet posts! <3
    October 21, 2019, 02:04:46 PM
  • Webs: Morning :) Hope you're having a great day!
    October 21, 2019, 01:50:23 PM
  • Webs: Ooh fantastic!
    October 21, 2019, 01:50:15 PM
  • Quiet: Morning all! I'm going to get the Mina/Bert thread out later tonight and hopefully answer Pixis to the Utopia thread.
    October 21, 2019, 01:04:36 PM

* Directories

RPG-DRPG Initiative

Author Topic: Marco Bott  (Read 964 times)

Marco Bott
« on: May 02, 2017, 01:12:51 AM »

NAME:  Marco Bott
NICKNAMES (IF ANY):  Freckles, Starling
DATE OF BIRTH AND AGE (AS OF YEAR 845):  16th of June, Year 830 (15 years old)
PLACE OF BIRTH:  Jinae, Wall Rose
MEMBER GROUP:  Cadet
FACE CLAIM:  Marco Bott from Attack on Titan

STRENGTHS: 

• Calm
• Charismatic
• Compassionate
• Dedicated
• Natural Leader
• Reasonable

WEAKNESSES: 

• Forgettable
• Idealistic
• Self-sacrificing
• Slow-moving
• Trusting
• Unworldly

ASPIRATIONS: 

• To graduate as an elite cadet and secure a position with the Military Police

FEARS:

• Abandonment
• Failure
• Loneliness

FREEFORM: 

Grey has always been my favourite colour; the world is painted innumerably with its shades. It is cinereous, slate, shadow and pewter. It is ash, flint, taupe and smoke. There is great beauty in that, or so I have always believed. I suppose it’s this perspective that allows me to see the best in people. Everyone has something to offer, everybody has at least drop of good in them. There isn’t a single person you couldn’t love, not if you knew each and every corner of their heart, not if you read all the chapters of their life’s story, not if you laughed, lived and suffered with them. Sometimes it feels like I’m the only person who realises that.

I know what you must be thinking, that I’m either a fool or painfully naïve. Personally, I would sooner consider myself an optimist. Perhaps you even believe a few solid years of hardship will colour me with a healthy streak of cynicism. I don’t blame you. Maybe you’re right, but there’s no escaping the fact I hope you’re wrong.

Anyway, I suppose I ought to start at the beginning.

Jinae, a town behind Wall Rose, is where I call home. I was born to an apothecary, which probably sounds much grander than the reality of my mother selling herbal remedies from our front room. On occasion, a local girl or woman will ask her to act as their midwife. They say she has healing hands and with that I’m inclined to agree. By comparison, there is considerably less for me to tell you about the man who sired me. My mother fell pregnant when she was young and, as she described it, very much in love. Unfortunately for her, the prospect of a child was about as appealing to my father as a set of shining shackles. He left town and never looked back. Believe it or not, neither of us bear him any ill will. Being responsible for another life must be about one of the most daunting burdens a person can willingly shoulder and, as my mother is always quick to point out, it is thanks to him that she has me.

Still, I reckon it helps that I have the look of my mother. We share the same light brown eyes, the same silken black hair. Yet, where her skin is cream-coloured and unblemished, mine is painted with freckles. And when I say painted, I mean painted. Anyone will notice how they decorate my cheeks and the bridge of my nose but, what most won’t see, is how they pepper my entire body. They’re on my stomach, my shoulders, my thighs, my upper arms – just about everywhere! Sometimes I feel a little self-conscious about them, especially as I know my father had the same colouring. I guess it’s no surprise my mother lovingly refers to me as Freckles or Starling.

My childhood was not lacking and let me assure you that I did not suffer for having only one parent. I explored the meadows and forests outside of town, I learned to gather flowers and herbs. I climbed trees and waded in rivers. I made friends easily and I was (mostly) attentive during my mother’s lessons. I often climbed and sometimes fell, my cuts and scrapes always finding themselves kissed better. Ever since I was a boy, I loved the land and I loved the people who lived on it. Ever since I was a boy, I have wanted to join the Military Police, for the honour and the privilege of serving king and realm alike.

I enlisted into the military freely, joyfully even. Please don’t think this means I am brave. I seem to have a knack for managing my fear, but that doesn’t make me any less afraid. Every now and then, even though I am far from home, my nose is tickled by a scent that reminds me of bottled botanicals and burning peat. It makes me think of all that I left behind and that strengthens my resolve. I will be the change that I want to see in the world.

YOUR ALIAS:  Puffin
TIMEZONE:  GMT

« Last Edit: October 20, 2019, 11:05:33 PM by Marco Bott »

Re: Marco Bott
« Reply #1 on: May 03, 2017, 11:17:39 PM »

Tags: freeform 

* Tagbox

Refresh History

* Credits

Site banner, advert image and affiliate button created by Moon Child

Reluctant Heroes is in no way affiliated with Shingeki no Kyojin, Attack on Titan or Funimation and we give full credit to Hajime Isayama. Copyrights and trademarks for the manga and anime are held by their respective owners while all original content remains the property of the individual writers and artists.

We are grateful to former staff member Artsy for her creative input.