* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Season

Season 2

* Activity

Still active by Seikatsu
[September 17, 2017, 02:04:03 PM]

Notebook Entries by Erwin Smith
[August 20, 2017, 06:15:23 PM]

Natural Selection [Sasha] by Connie Springer
[August 19, 2017, 07:02:26 AM]

Survey Corps Rescue Mission by Guardsman93
[August 17, 2017, 06:47:39 PM]

Re: Roll Call #02! by Puffin
[August 17, 2017, 01:18:23 PM]

* Who's Online

• Dot Guests: 17
  • Dot Hidden: 0
  • Dot Users: 0

There aren't any users online.

* Wanted

* Chatbox

Refresh History
  • Puffin: Hey Artsy! Has work been going well? ~
    August 23, 2017, 02:31:05 PM
  • Artsy: I'm gooood
    August 21, 2017, 09:49:01 PM
  • Puffin: *flops* How is everyone today? ~
    August 17, 2017, 02:17:07 PM
  • Puffin: Awesome! I'm planning on catching up tomorrow, and doing some advertising for us. ^^
    August 15, 2017, 01:25:38 PM
  • SilverWings: I'll try to post this weekend ;-;
    August 10, 2017, 01:04:59 AM
  • Puffin: I'm dedicating almost all of tomorrow to posts. I can't wait. <3
    August 07, 2017, 01:59:22 AM
  • Puffin: Ugh, my phone is falling apart so I wasn't able to write at work today. I'm off tomorrow though, so posts to come then! <3
    August 01, 2017, 10:08:11 PM
  • Artsy: Too many haha
    July 31, 2017, 08:08:11 PM
  • Puffin: Oh no, hang in there Artsy! Are you getting lots of hours?
    July 30, 2017, 09:55:27 AM
  • Artsy: R.i.p this new job is murder
    July 30, 2017, 04:01:05 AM
  • Puffin: Amazing! I'm going to catch up a bit too, I hope. ^^
    July 28, 2017, 09:36:23 PM
  • SilverWings: I'll do my long awaited replies this weekend
    July 28, 2017, 03:11:19 PM
  • Guardsman93: I'm doing well
    July 28, 2017, 12:31:41 PM
  • Puffin: How are you? ~
    July 27, 2017, 11:21:59 AM
  • Puffin: Not bad, thanks!  Hoping to get some posts out today, at long last. ^^
    July 27, 2017, 11:21:56 AM
  • Guardsman93: hows it going?
    July 27, 2017, 01:46:48 AM
  • Guardsman93: jk haha
    July 27, 2017, 01:46:41 AM
  • Guardsman93: Huh...just realized I've been logged in for almost 3 days now lol
    July 27, 2017, 01:46:36 AM
  • Puffin: Me too, man! There's so much potential for Survey Corps threads - these are all great ideas! ~
    July 25, 2017, 02:07:59 PM
  • Guardsman93: Let's get this part started then! post when youa re ready people, now I'm getting super excited!!!
    July 24, 2017, 02:59:57 PM

* Our Server

Join our Discord server!

* Directories

RPG-DRPG Initiative

Author Topic: Scientific retreat [Hange]  (Read 271 times)

Scientific retreat [Hange]
« on: June 01, 2017, 01:41:08 AM »
Amelia stood up, gazing down at her bloodied hands before flicking her gaze just a little to look down to the dead cadet she had been attempting to save. He was so young, too young, and far too naïve to be out in titan infested territory, but who was she to say otherwise? It was the same story for many of the bodies on the cart he would soon be piled onto. People she couldn't have saved, even if she tried. The expedition had failed and as thought, a larger group was needed to actually make the progress needed. With large sigh she pulled out a rag and wiped the teenagers blood into it before turning her back and moving on, always focus on those actually still alive.

She pulled on her mares’ reigns, walking off past the cart of the dead to the infirmary cart and the people she actually stood a chance of saving. With a knot she perfected in training, she hitched her to the side before glancing around those mounted up, many were walking wounded but they could make their own way back on their own horses. She quickly swiped her forehead, took a final deep breath and hauled herself up into the back of the wagon. She scanned the patients with her hazel eyes, some she had already treated but were too wounded to ride back, the others she had to prioritize. Broken leg, unconscious but breathing fine, dislocated leg an… oh. Those large round eyes widened a little at the patient at the very front of the cart. “Squad leader Hange?” She knelt next to the leader, scanning her wounds briefly before jolting as the cart started its long run back to safety.

She had heard so much from the various squads she had assisted, Hange was skilful, incredibly intelligent, passionate but also ‘insane’, ‘ruthlessly unpredictable’. So from a distance the medic had admired her, but now was not the time for admiration. She scanned the lean figure in front of her. Shoulder damaged possibly broken or dislocated, field bandaged forehead and scuffed up right arm. “On a scale of one to ten, one being bearable, ten being “damn it my brain is being stabbed repeatedly”, how bad is the pain?”

Re: Scientific retreat [Hange]
« Reply #1 on: July 08, 2017, 07:53:35 AM »
Hange held herself upright by clutching the edge of the wagon, scanning the orderly horde of horses. It was a moment of reprieve; with no titans in sight, people regrouped, either searching for their potentially-dead friends or taking a breather on their own. Though Hange saw some familiar faces, nowhere could she see the members of her squad.

Hange turned at the sound of her name. The long, strawberry blond hair of the medic rang a bell, though she couldn’t recall ever speaking to her personally. It took a moment to process the woman’s words, but when she did, a faint lifted her cheeks. “Have you seen a…snake, or rabbit or something, spasm as it dies? Like that, but with a spasming knife buried in my head.” Hange raised her hand to her hairline, pressing the heel of her palm against her head as if to hold that knife still. “So…seven. I bashed it on a tree branch,” she added with a frustrated grimace. She’d been dazed immediately after—semiconscious, maybe, she conceded to herself—and she had fragmented memories of her squad pulling her onto a horse as she shouted something about titans looking backwards…?

Lowering her hand, she squinted at the medic—fortunately, her goggles were fully intact—and said, “Hey, d’you know anything about Squad Four? We were on the right flank, I think… I don’t see them around here.” Verbalizing it was an instant mistake. Something sick quivered in her stomach. It was unlike her teammates to leave her behind; really, normally at least someone would be here. “I guess they thought I was hurt too badly to to rejoin them,” Hange added, forcing a note of offense into her tone as she twisted to crane her head at the crowd. “As if a headache is gonna…keep me away from the titans.” Hange squeezed her injured shoulder experimentally, wincing, as she looked back at the medic. “I didn’t get to finish testing—their field of vision? Yeah…that’s what I was testing. I hurt my arm first, that’s what made me lose control and hit my head.” She’d been talking quite a bit, Hange realized belatedly, though the woman seemed to be paying attention. “Hey, what’s your name again? I’m Hange. Are you okay?” Hange asked, for the first time wondering if the blood on the medic belonged only to others.

« Reply #2 on: July 13, 2017, 03:41:31 PM »
Sitting back on her heals Amelia listened as the woman in front of her launched into a fast paced conversation, as if she had suddenly remembered it was an ability she had neglected for years. She tried her best to keep up with the sudden barrage. Spasming knife but only a seven…bashed it on a tree? Seeing as the last two seemed connected and much more likely, she decided that the truthful answer was seven. The collision with the tree would also explain the disjointed sentences.

She met the squad leaders’ gaze when she was squinted at, a small smile forming on her lips which was soon replaced with confusion at the question about the squad. Flicking her head round, she glanced around the medic’s cart glancing to all the groups of soldiers in sight. The soldier she was looking for was Moblit, being a patient Amelia had treated more than once, and the only member of Hanges’ squad that she knew. He was no were to be found, and if the retreat formation was being stuck to, then they would be pretty near the front rather than the middle. “I’m sure they haven’t gone far Hange, probably back to their place in the formation for the retreat.” She turned back as she spoke, pausing again as the other woman berated her squad for leaving their injured leader behind before speaking about the incident which caused her injuries. So connecting it all together, the squad leader had injured her shoulder doing research work around the titans, lost control of her gear and collided with a tree. All injuries explained.

Having seen multiple squad’s lose friendships over apparent desertion due to injury, Amelia felt responsible to try and defend Squad Four. “Hange, from what I can tell you have a pretty nasty head wound and an even worse arm wound, your squad did everything they could for you to get you safety. Oh, my name is Amelia” She smiled warmly as her own health was inquired about. “I’m perfectly okay, but I would like to take a look at that arm and shoulder of yours.“ With the head already bandaged up, the arm was the priority, in the moving cart any sudden jostles or jumps from the road could make the injury worse. She shuffled across a little she took her position to the side of Hange, waiting for permission to explore the wounded shoulder. “I need to know if it’s broken or dislocated so that I know if I need to pop it back into place or secure it till we get you to the medical base.”

« Reply #3 on: July 28, 2017, 04:35:14 AM »
Amelia, Hange mused. In her muddled state, it would have been easy to overlook that piece of information, but the medic’s heartfelt smile after she was asked was marked enough to snag Hange’s notice. “Good, good, you’re okay,” she echoed. Amelia hadn’t said anything about whether her squad mates were injured, Hange noticed anxiously, and she tamped down the urge to ask, again, if Amelia had seen anyone from her squad. “Huh…? Oh, sure,” she said, releasing her shoulder to allow Amelia access to it.

As Amelia examined her shoulder, Hange reached out with her good hand and gripped the edge of the wagon tightly, gritting her teeth against the pain. Her eyes flitted among the other people in the wagon, many of whom had braced themselves against the jolting pain of the cart’s motion over the uneven ground. She may have known a few of them, but the grime and anguish from the expedition made them difficult to recognize. “Ah—” A grunt escaped her as something throbbed beneath Amelia’s examination. “It’s not…too bad. It’s not too bad, right? When I was a kid I tried to race my sister up a tree and I fell and broke my clavicle. After, I was surprised that I couldn’t move my arm ’cause I hadn’t realized my clavicle was connected to my arm… But I can move my arm, so it’s not so bad.” To demonstrate, Hange rotated her shoulder slightly, grimacing because damn did that hurt. “And look, the chicken flap,” she joked weakly, wiggling her elbow a little.

* Tagbox

Refresh History
  • Connie Springer: Opener for Sasha finally made! [link]
    August 19, 2017, 07:03:07 AM
  • Puffin: Roll call has closed and all inactive characters have been archived. If you need to retrieve anything from the archives, or want your OOC account reactivated, just nudge a member of staff. <3
    August 17, 2017, 01:40:40 PM
  • Tobias Solomon: @jean [link] woopwoop tobi and jean
    August 08, 2017, 06:09:36 AM
  • Hilda Meissner: Here's a backdated post with Hilda, open to any cadet [link]
    August 07, 2017, 05:03:50 AM
  • Armin Arlert: [link] Armin is feeling better lol @Connie
    August 05, 2017, 05:50:33 PM
  • Connie Springer: Connie is the best listener Armin, I promise -snort- [link]
    August 05, 2017, 09:01:05 AM
  • SilverWings: [link] For Connie owo
    August 03, 2017, 11:08:23 AM
  • Connie Springer: Oh shoot, forgot to post here. Here yah go SilverWings! [link]
    August 02, 2017, 10:36:13 PM
  • Puffin: Our roll call will be running from today through to the 9th of August inclusive, be sure to check in! [link]
    August 02, 2017, 02:23:42 PM
  • SilverWings: [link] Another one @Connie
    July 31, 2017, 10:25:52 PM

* Credits

Site banner, advert image and affiliate button created by Moon Child

Reluctant Heroes is in no way affiliated with Shingeki no Kyojin, Attack on Titan or Funimation and we give full credit to Hajime Isayama. Copyrights and trademarks for the manga and anime are held by their respective owners while all original content remains the property of the individual writers and artists.