* Who's Online

• Dot Guests: 596
  • Dot Hidden: 0
  • Dot Users: 1
  • Dot Users Online:

* Wanted

* Chatbox

Refresh History
  • Quiet: So we just need to figure out what group finds Anka and when!
    Today at 01:00:22 AM
  • Puffin: Things are going pretty well here, thanks! ^^
    November 16, 2019, 11:26:30 PM
  • Webs: oh man yessss
    November 16, 2019, 10:17:54 PM
  • Quiet: Can't complain! How are things on your side of the globe?
    November 16, 2019, 09:44:42 PM
  • Puffin: How are you, Quiet? <3
    November 16, 2019, 09:41:42 PM
  • Puffin: Ooooh! I love that idea!
    November 16, 2019, 09:41:34 PM
  • Quiet: What do y'all think about one of the cadet groups finding Anka? Let's traumatize the baby children even more lol.
    November 16, 2019, 09:24:28 PM
  • Quiet: Howdy y'all!
    November 16, 2019, 09:22:48 PM
  • Puffin: That's a looooong day!
    November 16, 2019, 06:20:27 PM
  • Jem: No hurries, I am stuck in class for 9 more hours ㅠ
    November 16, 2019, 01:08:04 AM
  • Puffin: Also, I'll get a PM back to you this evening, Jem! ^^
    November 15, 2019, 04:21:36 PM
  • Puffin: I'm super late, but I love the Rico posts! And Pixis too. <3
    November 15, 2019, 04:21:22 PM
  • Webs: mutant AU sounds like fun XD
    November 14, 2019, 02:49:31 PM
  • Jem: I like this idea a little too much, so watch it be the only thing I think about during work today  O:-)
    November 14, 2019, 02:01:45 AM
  • Quiet: As long as Rico gets Mystique-like powers! Mutant Levi would be awesome!
    November 14, 2019, 02:00:35 AM
  • Jem: Ah yes, please imagine mutant!Levi
    November 14, 2019, 01:27:22 AM
  • Quiet: XMen/SNK crossover!
    November 14, 2019, 01:26:15 AM
  • Webs: oh it definitely would XD
    November 14, 2019, 01:25:32 AM
  • Jem: It would make for an interesting character trait though, you can't deny that :D
    November 14, 2019, 01:23:11 AM
  • Webs: that's a little bit of a leap ;)
    November 14, 2019, 12:56:08 AM

* Directories

RPG-DRPG Initiative

Author Topic: Playing With Food (Mara)  (Read 315 times)

Playing With Food (Mara)
« on: August 15, 2019, 03:38:28 AM »
Hilda was glad that she and Mara had managed to volunteer to do kitchen duty on a day they had indoor classes instead of exhausting outdoor classes that would leave her too tired to function. 

She’d headed to the kitchen an hour early but didn’t go inside, instead sitting under a tree outside the kitchen and reading. She knew it’d be time to go in when she saw Mara. Her eyes went wide as she got to a cliffhanger at the end of the chapter she was reading, but before she could move onto the next one, she heard footsteps approaching and looked up to see her friend.

“Hi!” she smiled, placing a ribbon into her book and stuffing it into her bag. “Ready to get started?”

Re: Playing With Food (Mara)
« Reply #1 on: October 17, 2019, 11:32:33 PM »
Mara had a skip in her step as she headed to the kitchen for their big day. Making potato dumplings! She couldn't wait to see what the other cadets made of it. Spotting Hilda, she walked up to her friend and smiled brightly. "Very ready. It's a little daunting... but I know we can do this!" She offered a hand to help her up. "We can go straight in now, can't we? Are you looking forward to seeing what everybody thinks?" « Last Edit: October 17, 2019, 11:32:52 PM by Mara Sonnenschein »

« Reply #2 on: October 19, 2019, 01:25:57 AM »
“Thanks.” Hilda took hold of Mara’s hand and stood up before releasing it. “I’m pretty sure we can.” she answered with a hopeful smile. “Yeah, I hope they like it. I’ve never cooked for anywhere near this many people before!”

The dumplings were simple enough to make, it was the sheer number of dumplings they’d have to make that made this a daunting task. But she supposed that would make it all the more satisfying if they were well-received.

« Reply #3 on: October 22, 2019, 12:19:37 AM »
She nodded, making her way into the kitchen attached to the mess hall. "Neither have I. We'll have to figure out the best way to do it... but a mistake here or there won't be too terrible, and as long as the portions are fine everybody will get fed enough," she smiled, looking around the kitchen. "We should work out what to do... Who does what job. What would you like to do?" she asked, eyes bright as she turned to face her.

« Reply #4 on: October 28, 2019, 07:25:36 AM »
“Hm… well, before we work out who does what, let’s see if we can find some ingredients to use as a filling, so we have a better idea of exactly what we need to do.” Hilda answered, setting her bag down in an out of the way corner of the kitchen. “I know we can make the dumplings without a filling, but they’d be kind of boring without it.” She doubted there was any of the really good stuff like cheese, but there might be enough onions or herbs.

« Reply #5 on: October 30, 2019, 06:16:56 PM »
"If we can't find a filling, we might be able to season them instead," she supposed, searching around the kitchen. The pantry was, of course, stocked, but it was mostly the same old ingredients. Those they could mass produce and regularly fed the cadets, rather than anything that might serve as a filling. "There's some parsley here." She didn't think that would be enough, but she did start picking up some potatoes. They'd have to cook them, after all, and the sooner they did that, the more they could search and prepare their other ingredients. She filled a basket while searching for any mislaid ingredients, but there was nothing else there. "Have you found anything?"

Tags:

* Tagbox

Refresh History

* Credits

Site banner, advert image and affiliate button created by Moon Child

Reluctant Heroes is in no way affiliated with Shingeki no Kyojin, Attack on Titan or Funimation and we give full credit to Hajime Isayama. Copyrights and trademarks for the manga and anime are held by their respective owners while all original content remains the property of the individual writers and artists.

We are grateful to former staff member Artsy for her creative input.