* Who's Online

• Dot Guests: 241
  • Dot Hidden: 0
  • Dot Users: 3
  • Dot Users Online:

* Wanted

* Chatbox

Refresh History
  • Badtz-Milk: I'd love to do the RH casting call for my own characters, but I just don't know actors... LOL
    February 24, 2020, 06:55:07 AM
  • Lemon: I need to check on here a bit more often. Oops. Late but, hehe, a little eyecandy never hurt. ;D Hve a great day everyone!
    February 24, 2020, 06:23:24 AM
  • Quiet: Aww thank you so much!
    February 24, 2020, 12:15:42 AM
  • Puffin: I hope everyone is having a great Sunday. And I loved the Rico post, Quiet! <3
    February 23, 2020, 10:09:12 PM
  • Puffin: A little bit of sugar to sweeten the weekend. ;)
    February 23, 2020, 10:06:59 PM
  • HiddenBaroness: Lemon and Puffin coming in with the eyecandy this morning on the RH casting call!
    February 23, 2020, 04:00:08 PM
  • Quiet: Yay weekend!
    February 22, 2020, 02:02:39 AM
  • HiddenBaroness: It's the weekend! Yay!
    February 22, 2020, 12:34:57 AM
  • HiddenBaroness: Aw yes it is his birthday today isn't it? Bless him.
    February 20, 2020, 05:02:16 PM
  • Quiet: Happy Birthday Mitabi!!
    February 20, 2020, 02:35:50 PM
  • HiddenBaroness: (Sent from the wrong account but you get the idea)
    February 18, 2020, 01:39:34 AM
  • Siegfried Justica: *distant chanting* Garrison, Garrison, Garrison
    February 18, 2020, 01:39:05 AM
  • Quiet: Yay! Another Garrison member! Looking forward to seeing him in play!
    February 18, 2020, 12:08:48 AM
  • Webs: Sorry for the delay, Vixen!
    February 17, 2020, 11:39:27 PM
  • Vixen: Just gonna quickly drop here a quick reminder that Santiago is ready for review c: (didn't feel like bumping his app, as I've already done that in the past)
    February 17, 2020, 02:36:48 PM
  • Webs: hoping to get some more replies done asap <3
    February 15, 2020, 09:39:39 PM
  • Webs: XD it happens!
    February 15, 2020, 09:39:33 PM
  • Vixen: Finally figured out how to remove the "WIP" from Santiago's app. I feel so accomplished x)
    February 15, 2020, 09:16:10 PM
  • HiddenBaroness: Happy Valentine's Day! Love y'all! <3
    February 14, 2020, 11:42:17 PM
  • Quiet: Same to you! And to everyone! <3 <3 <3 <3 <3
    February 14, 2020, 06:16:25 PM

* Directories

RPG-DRPG Initiative

Author Topic: scare away the dark  (Read 3736 times)

scare away the dark
« on: May 05, 2017, 11:28:30 PM »

DALTON LIGHTBODY
SIXTEEN | CADET | TROST
GENTLE | NAÏVE | STEADY

‹ FRIENDS ›
In the absence of his extensive family, whom he misses fiercely, Dalton longs for companionship.  He is a very affectionate individual, often expressing his fondness through physical contact – hugs, hugs for everyone! – and small, thoughtful gifts.  It isn’t difficult to be his friend as he has the blessing (or curse) of seeing the good in everyone.  Naturally, he is most likely to form lasting ties with other cadets.  Given that Dalton is loyal, loving, understanding and hardworking, he has much to offer his circle of friends.

‹ ENEMIES ›
It is possible that tough-minded cadets will take advantage of Dalton’s sweet nature, preying on his desire to please as well as his inherent gullibility and lack of worldly wisdom.  Being a conscript, and seemingly being cut of entirely the wrong cloth to become a soldier, there is every chance that he could be the target of bullying.  That said, even if treated unkindly, it is very unlikely that Dalton would ever come to consider such people his enemies.  He’s much too passive, much too forgiving, to bear grudges.

‹ ROMANCE ›
Dalton positively brims with romance.  Even the way he treats his friends could, at times, be misinterpreted.  He enjoys nothing more than making other people happy, than making them feel valued, appreciated and loved – and he doesn’t even expect the same treatment in return.  The fact that he is painfully shy, stuttering and mumbling when he comes under scrutiny, means that Dalton will struggle with taking initiative and making the first move.  He also experiences little in the way of sexual desire, though this may change as he grows older.  Dalton is currently marked as heterosexual but with a question mark, as I feel that it would be possible for him to be attracted to people of other genders.  As always, I prefer for romantic relationship to develop organically through play, but I’m not opposed to hearing any ideas or possibilities you lovely folks might have in mind!

« Last Edit: May 29, 2017, 11:22:44 AM by Dalton Lightbody »

Re: scare away the dark
« Reply #1 on: May 28, 2017, 03:23:55 PM »
actual footage of ilya and dalton

his plot needs some love so i'm here to drop some thoughts for you!
  • dalton and ilya being v touchy and huggy and tbh ilya will definitely try to have cuddle sessions bc dalton is prolly the only one who would accept it
  • ilya trying to beat down anyone who hurts him. no one bullies dalton and gets away with it, but ilya will definitely get beat up and it'll be not so fun.
  • BUT I'M MOSTLY SCREAMING AT THE IDEA OF ILYA MISINTERPRETING HETERO-QUESTION-MARK DALTON'S ACTIONS AND IT'S REALLY A CLUSTERFUCK OF EMOTIONS AND THINGS AND IT'S JUST REALLY HILARIOUS. like its bad enough that ilya is surrounded by such young ppl but now he doesnt know what to think about how dalton treats him??? is he gay?? is he just really nice?? do the hugs mean anything??? whats happenign?????? idk you can totally shoot this down bc it might be awkward af for dalton ic which i will understand, but i just thought it'd be hilarious.
« Last Edit: May 29, 2017, 10:46:12 AM by Ilya Nikolaev »

« Reply #2 on: May 28, 2017, 03:37:37 PM »
Hello, my fellow cadet friend :)
I have a few ideas on how Armin and this hug-dealer may meet and become friends~
  • Armin is stressed because he can't figure out a certain ODM move, or how to land without almost breaking his ankles., and Dalton comes along offering his help, and they figure it out together.
  • Armin sitting down on the steps of his cabin looking like he's about to explode with tears and stress and Dalton comes along and just hugs him to cheer him up, and a slightly confused Armin just accepts it because he needs one.

« Reply #3 on: May 29, 2017, 10:39:04 AM »
Ilya & Dalton

Oh my goodness, and what beautiful footage it is! <3 

I can’t tell you how down I am for all the cuddles between these two. *flails*  Also, you know if Dalton gets spooked by ghost stories, he’s going to make a beeline for Ilya’s bunk. 

Precious Ilya, looking out for sweet, stuttering baby Dalton, even if he’s also a naughty li’l prankster.  Which reminds me, I must get my butt back over to Ilya’s plotter so we can hammer the 2spooky4me idea out!

*SCREAMS WITH*  I AM SO SO GAME FOR THIS!!  It will be awkward as all hell for Dalton, but that’s part of the beauty of it.  “You think I’m gay because I like cuddling with you and I bring you gifts and… oh.  Oh yeah.  Now I see.”

We have so many wonderful ideas, it’s hard to know where to start!  Should we thread when they initially meet before we jump into other stuff?  Should they be bunkmates?  Or get paired up in class?  Or maybe Dalton gets landed with some sort of chore or duty (bringing in training equipment of some kind?) that means he has to go out after dark.  He says he isn’t scared of the dark, he just doesn’t particularly like it, so he could ask Ilya to go with him and keep him company. XD

Armin & Dalton

Ahhh, I would love to see these two thread together!  They’re both sweet-natured, gentle souls.  I’m struggling to pick between your ideas because I think they’d both be so much fun – and so sweet – to write.  Maybe we could start with the latter?  Dalton would have no qualms marching over to an overwrought Armin and just giving him a hug because he looks like he needs it.  Do you have any preference on who kicks this off?  I’m happy to, or you’re welcome to start it if you’d like! ^^ 

I’m also totally game for us having a thread where they work together to master an ODM manoeuvre.  Dalton can be pretty clumsy, so it’ll take him a few tries and he’ll be grateful as all heck to have Armin’s help.  We could either start this thread now too, or once we get the other one rolling?  I don’t mind! <3

« Reply #4 on: May 29, 2017, 11:04:15 AM »
AHHHH THAT GIF IS SO ADORABLE AND ALSO WEIRDLY PERFECT. GRAY ILYA WILL PROTECT HIS ORANGE CUTIE WHEN HE IS SPOOKED. im actually getting emotional at how cute it'll be with ilya rousing awake to dalton climbing in his bunk to cuddle and ilya just pulling him close like 'its okay' and i just - clenches heart. soft bois. ;u;

cause like imagine when ilya is v confused and conflicted about if dalton likes him and he's not himself with cuddling or hugging and its weird but then after things are sorted out hes back into full cuddle mode. but ngl depending on how close they are when the Confusion happens, ilya might be a lil lowkey disappointed??? idk?????

and omg okay listen they're all great. firstly, i think bunk mates would be a good idea since if theyre gonna cuddle, it'd be easier to do it if they're close by and also they'd get to see each other a lot more for bonding moments. so maybe they meet each other as bunk mates but since ilya is ilya hes not too phased about meeting another kiddo, but then they could be paired for a chore where dalton has to do a thing out in the dark and then asks ilya for his company. then they can be adorable bois together and get a good start to their friendship??

« Reply #5 on: May 29, 2017, 03:05:52 PM »
Ilya & Dalton

THIS WILL BE A THREAD IN ITS OWN RIGHT.  Like, I’m sure the first time Dalton will be somewhat shy and awkward, and ask if he can bunk with Ilya for the night.  Ahhh, think of it Kay!  Those li’l sleepy boys with bed-messy hair, spooning the night away. *cries forever*  After that, not gonna lie, Dee’ll probably just invite himself on over there.  Tu cama es mi cama. XD

Oh gosh, the more I think about this, the more I realise there are going to be so many feels flying around.  Dalton would totally pick up on the change in Ilya and wonder what’s the story and then BAM.  Awkward conversation.  To be honest, this business might cause Dalton to question his sexuality (damn you, silver-haired sweetie) and make that question mark a hell of a lot more concrete.  Either way, I have no doubt they’ll have a real heart-to-heart and talk things out!

Yay bunk mates!! <3  Do you think meeting in the dormitory should be a thread or will we take it as a given and jump to the chore thread?  Assuming they’ve met before but have yet to have a meaningful conversation.  I’m cool with either!  Also… does Ilya want top or bottom bunk? ;)

« Reply #6 on: May 29, 2017, 05:16:52 PM »
SCREAMS BC I AM THINKING ABOUT IT AND IT MAKES ME SO WARM AND GIDDY LIKE THEYRE SO PRECIOUS I LOVE THEEEEEEEM. cause ilya is also gonna be v nervous at first like his friend is wanting to be in bed with him and it gives him a lot of feelings. sincere affection is something completely new to him and i just cant wait honestly. theyre so pure. and thinking of them doing so much its natural and not even a second to them gets me right in the heart. 😭

ishsjshrjdbdksna its killing me with this plot bc i was thinking about it earlier amd like ilya has never really had anyone interested in him that wasnt for his money or title, and then he ends up thinking that dalton likes him?? for him?? and thats why hes even more prone to being disappointed and tbh theres just a lot of angst i didnt expect with this and i love it.

hmm. we can always do both? we can always do an intro section in their thread before they get into the chore. honestly tho i'm totally cool if we just have the knowledge they met previously rather than writing it. up to you on this one since ivreally dont mind either way. ❤

« Reply #7 on: May 29, 2017, 06:21:26 PM »
Ilya & Dalton

Oh my goodness, and what beautiful footage it is! <3 

I can’t tell you how down I am for all the cuddles between these two. *flails*  Also, you know if Dalton gets spooked by ghost stories, he’s going to make a beeline for Ilya’s bunk. 

Precious Ilya, looking out for sweet, stuttering baby Dalton, even if he’s also a naughty li’l prankster.  Which reminds me, I must get my butt back over to Ilya’s plotter so we can hammer the 2spooky4me idea out!

*SCREAMS WITH*  I AM SO SO GAME FOR THIS!!  It will be awkward as all hell for Dalton, but that’s part of the beauty of it.  “You think I’m gay because I like cuddling with you and I bring you gifts and… oh.  Oh yeah.  Now I see.”

We have so many wonderful ideas, it’s hard to know where to start!  Should we thread when they initially meet before we jump into other stuff?  Should they be bunkmates?  Or get paired up in class?  Or maybe Dalton gets landed with some sort of chore or duty (bringing in training equipment of some kind?) that means he has to go out after dark.  He says he isn’t scared of the dark, he just doesn’t particularly like it, so he could ask Ilya to go with him and keep him company. XD

Armin & Dalton

Ahhh, I would love to see these two thread together!  They’re both sweet-natured, gentle souls.  I’m struggling to pick between your ideas because I think they’d both be so much fun – and so sweet – to write.  Maybe we could start with the latter?  Dalton would have no qualms marching over to an overwrought Armin and just giving him a hug because he looks like he needs it.  Do you have any preference on who kicks this off?  I’m happy to, or you’re welcome to start it if you’d like! ^^ 

I’m also totally game for us having a thread where they work together to master an ODM manoeuvre.  Dalton can be pretty clumsy, so it’ll take him a few tries and he’ll be grateful as all heck to have Armin’s help.  We could either start this thread now too, or once we get the other one rolling?  I don’t mind! <3

I'll throw up a starter with sad Armin sulking on the steps, can't wait to see them together :D

« Reply #8 on: June 01, 2017, 01:23:44 PM »
Oh my goodness! 😭  All the sincere affection for Ilya, forever and ever.  Dalton's heart will break if he ever learns that Ilya has been denied it in the past - and he'll make it his mission to show his friend that he deserves love!  This is going to be such a beautiful, heart wrenching plot. <3

Let's have a thread starting with their introduction in the dormitory, because I'm shameless!  We can always move onto the next scene after a few posts.  I'll try and get something up for us today. ~

*flails*  So excited!

Also, SilverWings, I adore the starter! <3 « Last Edit: June 01, 2017, 01:24:40 PM by Dalton Lightbody »

« Reply #9 on: December 07, 2017, 02:37:24 AM »
So while Trost District isn't exactly a small place, I think there might be a decent chance Axel and Dalton might have known each other pre-training given family occupations (the tavern and the baker)? They're not exact opposites, but while Dalton seems patient, Axel is not, but they're both fairly observant and can read situations well it seems. Plus they both help others where possible, and Axel seeks out people who might struggle more socially - he'd likely find Dalton a little odd but he'd still want him as some kind of acquaintance if anything. We could see where they might go, perhaps? Knowing each other before doesn't have to be a thing, of course, up to you! « Last Edit: January 02, 2018, 03:08:27 AM by Draco »

Axel | Claude | Damien | ErenGustav | Gunther | Kade | Mara | Nack | Quirin | Ymir

« Reply #10 on: December 08, 2017, 12:37:14 PM »
Ooh, I would love for Axel and Dalton to have known each other pre-training!  Chances are Dalton's family wouldn't always be able to bake enough bread, etc. to feed their guests and punters - so cue Dalton dashing to buy some from the Falkenraths!  As you say, they're definitely both the sort to look out for and help others, so I imagine they'd get on pretty well. I know Dalton would be glad of a familiar face amongst the cadets, and gladder still of having someone who is patient with his stammer and faltering conversations.  Do you have any thoughts or preference on a scenario for our thread?

« Reply #11 on: December 08, 2017, 07:08:47 PM »
It works well! Not too close but not too far either, and knowing that they have someone there back at home. And, in a more morbid way, means that if one dies and the other survives... they know each other's family. Scenario wise, we could either backdate to the first day and realising the other is there, or build off from what they've been through thus far and have a catch-up (I assume they have letters from home and so on to keep up to date with family things). Or we can go action-y with sparring or one of those military exercises where you have to carry your partner or generally weigh them down (Axel being not very muscled... wouldn't go brilliantly when it's his turn XD but it has the option for more conversation at least)/ « Last Edit: January 02, 2018, 03:08:38 AM by Draco »

Axel | Claude | Damien | ErenGustav | Gunther | Kade | Mara | Nack | Quirin | Ymir

« Reply #12 on: December 10, 2017, 06:50:30 PM »
Oooh, that morbid aspect!  To be honest, Dalton isn't the greatest cadet that ever was and there's no way he's making the top ten.  It would give him an odd peace of mind to know that Axel could carry sad news to the Lightbody family, or check in with them from time to time.

Those are all fantastic options!  Part of me is tempted to start at the beginning, when they first realise the other is there, but the other part of me is really drawn to them doing some sort of military exercise involving strength.  Dalton is a big enough guy, but he's gentle and timid, so it'll be a beautiful disaster!  Maybe we could roll those two thread ideas into one?  Maybe it's one of their first drills as cadets and they spot each other in the crowd?  From there they can pair up!  What do you think? ^^

(On another note, Dalton is totally a letter writer and he's definitely up-to-date with his family's news!)

« Reply #13 on: December 11, 2017, 02:40:18 AM »
Axel would definitely check in with Dalton's family if anything happened to him, and he'd hope Dalton would do the same for him - considering his mother lost his father to Titans too, and her being in the Garrison, whoops.

I love the merging idea! The best of both worlds, and they can link up early. If Axel finds out that Dalton was conscripted too at some point, whether in that thread or another... He's going to do his damnedest to try and help him. At least he's here by choice. This'll be fun! And painful, probably hopefully. Do you want to throw up a starter? Otherwise I can, of course. « Last Edit: January 02, 2018, 03:09:06 AM by Draco »

« Reply #14 on: December 30, 2017, 08:16:33 AM »
Armin and Dalton

I think it’s high time these two had another thread together, near the beginning of third year, Dalton would be a good someone for him to fall on since he needs some helpd in both his physical and mental recoveries, still in that cast and all :)

Tags:

* Tagbox

Refresh History

* Credits

Site banner, advert image and affiliate button created by Moon Child

Reluctant Heroes is in no way affiliated with Shingeki no Kyojin, Attack on Titan or Funimation and we give full credit to Hajime Isayama. Copyrights and trademarks for the manga and anime are held by their respective owners while all original content remains the property of the individual writers and artists.

We are grateful to former staff member Artsy for her creative input.