* Who's Online

• Dot Guests: 549
  • Dot Hidden: 0
  • Dot Users: 1
  • Dot Users Online:

* Wanted

* Chatbox

Refresh History
  • Quiet: So we just need to figure out what group finds Anka and when!
    Today at 01:00:22 AM
  • Puffin: Things are going pretty well here, thanks! ^^
    November 16, 2019, 11:26:30 PM
  • Webs: oh man yessss
    November 16, 2019, 10:17:54 PM
  • Quiet: Can't complain! How are things on your side of the globe?
    November 16, 2019, 09:44:42 PM
  • Puffin: How are you, Quiet? <3
    November 16, 2019, 09:41:42 PM
  • Puffin: Ooooh! I love that idea!
    November 16, 2019, 09:41:34 PM
  • Quiet: What do y'all think about one of the cadet groups finding Anka? Let's traumatize the baby children even more lol.
    November 16, 2019, 09:24:28 PM
  • Quiet: Howdy y'all!
    November 16, 2019, 09:22:48 PM
  • Puffin: That's a looooong day!
    November 16, 2019, 06:20:27 PM
  • Jem: No hurries, I am stuck in class for 9 more hours ㅠ
    November 16, 2019, 01:08:04 AM
  • Puffin: Also, I'll get a PM back to you this evening, Jem! ^^
    November 15, 2019, 04:21:36 PM
  • Puffin: I'm super late, but I love the Rico posts! And Pixis too. <3
    November 15, 2019, 04:21:22 PM
  • Webs: mutant AU sounds like fun XD
    November 14, 2019, 02:49:31 PM
  • Jem: I like this idea a little too much, so watch it be the only thing I think about during work today  O:-)
    November 14, 2019, 02:01:45 AM
  • Quiet: As long as Rico gets Mystique-like powers! Mutant Levi would be awesome!
    November 14, 2019, 02:00:35 AM
  • Jem: Ah yes, please imagine mutant!Levi
    November 14, 2019, 01:27:22 AM
  • Quiet: XMen/SNK crossover!
    November 14, 2019, 01:26:15 AM
  • Webs: oh it definitely would XD
    November 14, 2019, 01:25:32 AM
  • Jem: It would make for an interesting character trait though, you can't deny that :D
    November 14, 2019, 01:23:11 AM
  • Webs: that's a little bit of a leap ;)
    November 14, 2019, 12:56:08 AM

* Directories

RPG-DRPG Initiative

Author Topic: wash away my sins  (Read 2675 times)

wash away my sins
« on: June 29, 2017, 08:39:41 PM »
IAN DIETRICH
THIRTY-ONE | GARRISON REGIMENT | KROLVA DISTRICT
RESOURCEFUL | STEADFAST | TETCHY

‹ FRIENDS ›
First off, Ian isn’t as grumpy as he looks.  Or at least, he isn’t that grumpy all the time.  Those most likely to call themselves friends will be other dutiful soldiers, regardless of the regiment they are sworn to.  Given that Ian hails from Krolva and is stationed in Trost, he’ll certainly know civilians in both districts, and possibly elsewhere.  In a friendship, Ian can offer honesty.  He isn’t one to mollycoddle or soften blows – he’s much too terse and blunt for that sort of carry on – but he is considerate, in his own way, as well as incredibly loyal and unjudging.  Go drinking with him, I promise your characters will have fun and get trashed.

‹ ENEMIES ›
Beyond Titans, Ian is sure to butt heads with those who refuse or resist their orders, whether coming from him or someone more senior.  He doesn’t tolerate backchat and sure as hell doesn’t have time for excuses; this fervent attitude will likely alienate some people.  Furthermore, given that his background is something of an ‘open secret’, there are bound to be a few who would seek to judge him based on his lowly birth.

‹ ROMANCE ›
Ian is all but unreadable when it comes to matters of the heart, and the very mention of romance is sure to earn the person speaking a pointed look.  He long ago made peace with the fact that he isn’t fair-faced – really, he’s heard about every insult under the sun, they’re all old to his ears – and, to further complicate matters, he endured prolonged exposure to the ugly and violent sides of carnal desire during his youth.  That isn’t to say love is an impossibility, only that I imagine it would take a special set of circumstances to make Ian fall.  Being demisexual, he is only able to feel romantic and sexual attraction towards those he has already formed a close emotional bond with. « Last Edit: September 14, 2019, 08:48:39 PM by Ian Dietrich »

Signature by the wonderful SilverWings! <3

Re: wash away my sins
« Reply #1 on: January 30, 2018, 02:54:18 AM »
Ian & Gustav

So, 1. Same district, 2. Same intake, 3. I have a character who won't die on Ian less than a year after meeting him? <3 and we have a pair who grew up in the same District where yours won't die on the other... right? So... what if, pre-cadets, Ian stole something and Gustav tried to stop him? Ian could have either escaped or they could have fought (Ian would win, naturally). Then in the training corps, Gustav recognised and avoided him for a while, before getting over it (either through a confrontation or training relying on teamwork, or whatever works). Nowadays, they could work well together when needed (Gustav delivering messages from Pixis, generally coming to bother him with work, or looking into the future of the Garrison, etc.) and maybe visit Krolva District sometime together?

Axel | Claude | ErenGustav | Gunther | Mara | Nack | Quirin | Ymir

« Reply #2 on: January 30, 2018, 07:54:56 PM »
Ian & Gustav

I WILL NEVER GET OVER MARA, AND NEITHER WILL IAN! *gross sobbing*

But yes!  I absolutely adore your idea!  I’m also a little scared because Ian was pretty much feral as a youth and desperation made him vicious.  If Gustav tries to come between him and a meal, or some coin, there will be hell to pay.  Which is what we want, right? XD  Ah, I’m so, so down for this!  Gustav the do-gooder can witness the theft and follow Ian, and we’ll go from there.  I also love that this first encounter would overshadow their early interactions in the Training Corps.  It probably doesn’t help that Ian is still a very, very angry boy during the first year or so of training.

The cherry on top would be having them later visit Krolva together as adults, having learned to work together and having made peace with the past. <3

Would you like me to start a thread for their first encounter?  What age do you think they ought to be? ~

(For what it’s worth, Ian will feel a stab of guilt years later.  Gustav is a good man and, whatever happens in the thread, he surely won’t have deserved it.)

Dalton Lightbody | Eld Jinn | Farran Falkenrath | Ian Dietrich
Jarek Valdeze | Laria Rockfield | Marco Bott | Struna Mayberry

« Reply #3 on: January 30, 2018, 11:32:41 PM »
Ian and Anka

Both grew up poor so they could bond over that. They might be excited to get their uniforms because they never had clothes so nice.

And maybe Anka is someone who has an idea about his feelings for Rico? Like she is good at reading people so she may have just the tiniest idea.

Also, he could try and get her to loosen up (w/ Mitabi's help of course) and she could just be like no...I had fun once and it was terrible.  XD XD :3 ^^

Anka Rheinberger | Dot Pixis | Arkin Holt | Miriam Gracey | Mina Carolina | Hugh Fraser | Rico Brzenska

« Reply #4 on: January 31, 2018, 12:01:16 AM »
Ian & Anka

Ahh, it's funny you should say that, QuietCelt!  I have it in my head the first footwear Ian has ever owned - just his, not another hand-me-down - were his military-issue boots.  He has refused to part with them and over the years they have been reheeled, relined, mended, etc. to the point where there literally is no original component remaining, but still Ian feels this sentimental attachment to them.  It'd be a similar case with the uniforms too!  Like, I imagine it would almost feel like they're playing dress up to begin with?  Kids from the streets aren't used to nice things.  Or to regular meals.  It'll be a whole new world to them!

OH GOSH ANKA.  I would love for her to be astute enough to pick up on Ian's feelings for Rico.  Heck, she might even detect them before he has even faced them head-on himself.  I'm so game for that! XD

"Having fun is terrible but you do it again, and again, and again, and suddenly it doesn't seem so bad.  C'mon, this round's on me."  I would love to bring Mitabi into a thread where they drag poor Anka on a pub crawl!  "Are you having fun yet?  No?  To the next tavern!"

I'm stalking the thread between Anka and Mitabi and I already love it so much, though it's breaking my heart.

« Reply #5 on: January 31, 2018, 12:08:11 AM »
LOL "my" Ian is a bit of a clothing pack rat. He's had the same coat since training and it was a focus in one of my fics. When they get their winter issue coats they could both be like, "I've never been this warm."

I think Anka may be a very not shy drunk, "LET ME TELL YOU SOMETHING MR DIETRICH! Imma tell you it RIGHT NOW!!!!! You and Mitabi are too damn tallllllllll!!!!!"

Well, Ian and Rico are my OTP and will make them happen as often as I can! This I swear on the old gods and the new.

The Anka/Mitabi thread will have a happy ending! I swear! « Last Edit: January 31, 2018, 12:08:53 AM by QuietCelt »

Anka Rheinberger | Dot Pixis | Arkin Holt | Miriam Gracey | Mina Carolina | Hugh Fraser | Rico Brzenska

« Reply #6 on: January 31, 2018, 12:39:14 AM »
Mitabi heard pub crawl and he says yes

Kieran Ashmiller || Mitabi Jarnach || Nanaba || Rosto Volkov

« Reply #7 on: January 31, 2018, 03:49:50 AM »
I just want Anka to tell Mitabi she likes his beard and then pass right out on the table.

"I like your beard." THUD.

« Reply #8 on: January 31, 2018, 08:29:10 PM »
Ian & Anka (& Mitabi!)

Ah, ahh! I read that fic of yours and it devastated me in the best possible way.  It's such a beautiful, painful, hopeful piece of writing. <3

Our poor sweet beans, swamped in their winter coats like a couple of impoverished burritos, ever so pleased with something so simple.

Ohmigosh, I need loud, drunk Anka in my life and clearly Ian does too!  "Mr. Dietrich?  No, Anka, please, that makes me feel ooooold."  Then Anka passing out and being carried home... and the hangover from hell the next day.  Imagine them all sitting around the kitchen table, pale-faced and quiet, while Rico purposely clatters about and glares disapprovingly at them all. XD

Clearly, these three need a thread out on the town. 8)  Do either of you have a preference on who starts?  Or would you like me to queue it up?

(What an OTP!  I love the dynamic they have.  I VOTE FOR PERCEPTIVE ANKA AS WINGWOMAN. ~)

« Reply #9 on: January 31, 2018, 09:05:05 PM »
Ian, Anka, Rico, Mitabi, and Gustav

I think Mitabi and Ian getting Anka plastered and then Rico and Gustav being less than enthused about it lol.

And thank you for the kind words about my fic. That is a special one for sure.

I will start the coat thread a little bit later today. Warm babies...

« Reply #10 on: January 31, 2018, 09:17:26 PM »
I think the interactions/dynamic between those who grew up more middle class and those who grew up in poverty would be interesting to explore.

« Reply #11 on: January 31, 2018, 09:23:49 PM »
I can tackle the Mitabi/Anka/Ian pub crawl thread if you like.  I can do it this weekend if you guys are willing to wait for it.  :)

« Reply #12 on: January 31, 2018, 09:59:25 PM »
I'm happy to wait.  :3 Loud drunk Anka should be funny.

« Reply #13 on: January 31, 2018, 10:48:00 PM »
Ian, Anka, Rico, Mitabi, Gustav: The Garrison Dream Team!

Ahhh, I am really looking forward to this lovely winter coat thread, QuietCelt! <3  It'll be nice that Anka and Ian can bond over having grown up in trying circumstances.  When joining the military, even eating several square meals a day must seem like such a novelty!  On that note, you're surely right about there being an interesting dynamic between cadets of impoverished backgrounds and those who lead relatively comfortable - or even privileged - lives.  I imagine there would be some serious friction at times.

That would be amazing, Lou! ^^  Even more reason to get excited for the weekend!  Bring on the drunken shenanigans! XD « Last Edit: January 31, 2018, 10:48:15 PM by Puffin »

« Reply #14 on: February 01, 2018, 01:29:44 AM »
Ok  I shall get something up. Any preferences on when it should take place? 

Mitabi is going to have too much fun with this me thinks.

Tags:

* Tagbox

Refresh History

* Credits

Site banner, advert image and affiliate button created by Moon Child

Reluctant Heroes is in no way affiliated with Shingeki no Kyojin, Attack on Titan or Funimation and we give full credit to Hajime Isayama. Copyrights and trademarks for the manga and anime are held by their respective owners while all original content remains the property of the individual writers and artists.

We are grateful to former staff member Artsy for her creative input.