* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Season

Season 2

* Activity

Still active by Seikatsu
[September 17, 2017, 02:04:03 PM]

Notebook Entries by Erwin Smith
[August 20, 2017, 06:15:23 PM]

Natural Selection [Sasha] by Connie Springer
[August 19, 2017, 07:02:26 AM]

Survey Corps Rescue Mission by Guardsman93
[August 17, 2017, 06:47:39 PM]

Re: Roll Call #02! by Puffin
[August 17, 2017, 01:18:23 PM]

* Who's Online

• Dot Guests: 18
  • Dot Hidden: 0
  • Dot Users: 0

There aren't any users online.

* Wanted

* Chatbox

Refresh History
  • Puffin: Hey Artsy! Has work been going well? ~
    August 23, 2017, 02:31:05 PM
  • Artsy: I'm gooood
    August 21, 2017, 09:49:01 PM
  • Puffin: *flops* How is everyone today? ~
    August 17, 2017, 02:17:07 PM
  • Puffin: Awesome! I'm planning on catching up tomorrow, and doing some advertising for us. ^^
    August 15, 2017, 01:25:38 PM
  • SilverWings: I'll try to post this weekend ;-;
    August 10, 2017, 01:04:59 AM
  • Puffin: I'm dedicating almost all of tomorrow to posts. I can't wait. <3
    August 07, 2017, 01:59:22 AM
  • Puffin: Ugh, my phone is falling apart so I wasn't able to write at work today. I'm off tomorrow though, so posts to come then! <3
    August 01, 2017, 10:08:11 PM
  • Artsy: Too many haha
    July 31, 2017, 08:08:11 PM
  • Puffin: Oh no, hang in there Artsy! Are you getting lots of hours?
    July 30, 2017, 09:55:27 AM
  • Artsy: R.i.p this new job is murder
    July 30, 2017, 04:01:05 AM
  • Puffin: Amazing! I'm going to catch up a bit too, I hope. ^^
    July 28, 2017, 09:36:23 PM
  • SilverWings: I'll do my long awaited replies this weekend
    July 28, 2017, 03:11:19 PM
  • Guardsman93: I'm doing well
    July 28, 2017, 12:31:41 PM
  • Puffin: How are you? ~
    July 27, 2017, 11:21:59 AM
  • Puffin: Not bad, thanks!  Hoping to get some posts out today, at long last. ^^
    July 27, 2017, 11:21:56 AM
  • Guardsman93: hows it going?
    July 27, 2017, 01:46:48 AM
  • Guardsman93: jk haha
    July 27, 2017, 01:46:41 AM
  • Guardsman93: Huh...just realized I've been logged in for almost 3 days now lol
    July 27, 2017, 01:46:36 AM
  • Puffin: Me too, man! There's so much potential for Survey Corps threads - these are all great ideas! ~
    July 25, 2017, 02:07:59 PM
  • Guardsman93: Let's get this part started then! post when youa re ready people, now I'm getting super excited!!!
    July 24, 2017, 02:59:57 PM

* Our Server

Join our Discord server!

* Directories

RPG-DRPG Initiative

Author Topic: Sorry, but I'm a Genius!  (Read 325 times)

Sorry, but I'm a Genius!
« on: July 04, 2017, 08:20:23 AM »

CONNIE SPRINGER
Fifteen | Cadet | Ragako

FRIENDS:
Connie is not unlike a puppy, easy to make friends, fast to make strong connections, but also oh so very obnoxious and ignorant. He seems young for his age, and puts a high value on entertainment and enjoying life for what it is, but isn't above buckling down to reach a specific goal when enough motivation is put behind it. If you are overly serious and super 'grr' he may find you a bit off putting, but it won't deter him from being nice unless you’re a colossal cow.

ENEMIES: DISLIKED:
Connie doesn't like to make enemies with people; even individuals in his hometown who teased him aren't 'ENEMIES'. He may dislike some people, but he will still be nice on some level past an occasional rude comment. To breach this category, someone would have to do something awful, or betray or lie to him in a horrible way, or be exceptionally mean spirited with teasing. Even then, his feelings would be more hurt than truly hated.

If someone did toggle over to that elusive post however, he will be very passive aggressive and problematic, becoming a stubborn pain that flings angry commentary at good opportunities.

RELATIONSHIPS:
AHHA nooo... he is too ignorant of the world around him to register such things, and seems to live on his own path to chase his ambitions. He places everyone into a friend category, with a few standing out even more than others as close friends that he would fight for passionately. Crossing the threshold to romance is like some awkward horrific barrier that is way too spooky to get close to. If someone has a crush on him, and he finds out, he is more akin to awkward laugh and skedaddle, than anything else.

OOC NOTE:
I am a bit awkward with plotting, and have issues reaching out sometimes ((Especially with new environments)), but am always open to ideas! So feel free to poke if you would like a thread!
« Last Edit: July 04, 2017, 08:25:20 AM by Connie Springer »

Re: Sorry, but I'm a Genius!
« Reply #1 on: July 06, 2017, 03:54:30 PM »
Jean is the king of finding loopholes in assignments, not getting caught and still keeping up a great grade. Maybe he could see Connie messing around during something like hand to hand combat and they start goofing off? Maybe during a non-important test they start throwing things around and laughing that the instructor can't figure out who's doing it?

Jean isn't all that goofy of a person, but when he's around the right people he has his moments.

« Reply #2 on: July 06, 2017, 04:58:07 PM »
I laugh imagining that that is the only reason Connie scored as high as he did in the show ahaha. Like, he has to have some talent of his own, can't cheat THAT amazingly that they turn failure into awesome, but it certainly could give him an edge! Especially since his one claim to fame is just his speed capabilities.

I'd love to have them goof around doing something sometime, is there a particular training setting you would like if you wanted a thread? A standard paper test could be amusing, trying to pass notes or do silly things, or hand to hand training like you said could be fun... Really, any idea that is pairing people up to practice something can be amazing. First aid training is another idea where one could be tasked to play injured, and the other has to diagnose and treat whatever mystery injury the one cadet got on a slip of paper. Which... would go about as well as you could expect.

« Reply #3 on: July 06, 2017, 05:11:50 PM »
First aid training for sure, I could see Jean having a blast with Connie and letting go of his hard side to have a little fun.

You want to start the thread or should I?

« Reply #4 on: July 06, 2017, 05:33:01 PM »
Either or! If you have a specific setting idea have at it, or I can swing by and come up with something.

« Reply #5 on: July 06, 2017, 07:34:33 PM »
I'll throw up a starter of them during first aid class here in a second haha

« Reply #6 on: July 06, 2017, 07:50:42 PM »
I look forward to it!

« Reply #7 on: July 07, 2017, 12:14:25 AM »
Armin & Connie

Armin finds Connie to be rather annoying, though a little friendly annoying is welcomed when Armin isn't trying to search for peace, plus Connie has a good vibe about him that seems to bring up the mood.

Idea- Armin's obviously not in a good mood and Connie thinks the best way to cheer him up is by distracting him, trying to be his silly quirky self and finally he thinks Armin is about to snap on him for being annoying but turns out Armin just smiles instead- just a bonding moment for the two since I feel like the main and support characters don't get enough time of that canonly

Idea 2- Connie tried asking about Eren's past, which is essentially Armin's past, but Eren is triggered easily and Mikasa just looks scary in general so he turns to Armin to ask him about his past, trying to probe to get a mental image of what it was all like, and Armin is surprisingly calm and glad to talk about it.

If you have any ideas of your own please share :D I enjoy plotting a little too much haha
You're doing a great job being Connie btw~

“Everyone can make a choice after they have learned what it will result in. It is so easy to say we should have done it this way afterwards. But you can’t know what your choice will result in before actually choosing.”

« Reply #8 on: July 07, 2017, 02:02:29 AM »
Ahh thank you for the kind words! I am still getting a feel for it, but I hope to do him justice!

As for plotting, hrmm, both of those ideas are good. I saw in your plotter you brought up his artistic talent, and that plus idea number one could do well, though honestly it may bleed over into idea two as well if the conversation migrates. Connie asking about the drawings and being curiously nosey... leading to 'why are you here'. Who knows! Can leave it open ended and let the characters do as they will :3 Have Armin sitting outside after dinner, and Connie meanders by to see him doodlin'.

« Reply #9 on: July 07, 2017, 02:53:17 AM »
Sounds like a great starter! Want to start it or may I? :)

« Reply #10 on: July 07, 2017, 02:55:55 AM »
If you want to you can have at it! Though I am realizing we may be having a titan convo in the other thread. BUT there are plenty of other things to chat about!

« Reply #11 on: July 31, 2017, 03:13:00 AM »
AHHH I DIDN'T KNOW WE HAD A CONNIE! We should totally rp!! These two could get into all kinds of shenanigans ^_^ What do you think of Connie (poorly) trying to keep some funny secret from Sasha, or doing something silly like trying to burp the alphabet, or maybe putting their heads together to try to study for a test (but mostly procrastinating and talking about other things lmao)?

« Reply #12 on: July 31, 2017, 07:20:13 AM »
Ahha! Connie best ninja! Hidin' from yah ;D

I am game for all kinds of shenanigans; I love that kind of stuff! I actually had posted some ideas for the comedy twins on your plotter, though they are a bit more action and open ended such as firecrackers at the festival, or hunting pigeons or rats with a slingshot XD I am actually working on the latter one In-Character already. Connie is looking for the right wood to carve the handle, and is going to make it his big project for a bit to show Sasha later, all proud of his accomplishments. It combines some of their interests, as if they are lucky and nail a less than conventional snack?... well... meat is meat.

I do like the idea of the secret thing, but I am kind of at a blank on what it could be at the moment, since I am still roughing out the character and trying to develop him a bit more in my head. I will have to put a pin in that for a bit, until I could come up with something I think is fitting, and that he wouldn't readily share with what is basically his best friend.

Studying could go very poorly for the two of them, for exactly the sort of stuff you pointed out. Can you say nothing accomplished? -cackle-

Really, I am game for all sorts of stuff! Could just shove them at one another and see what adventure forms!

« Reply #13 on: August 06, 2017, 03:38:52 AM »
Oh damn I can't believe I didn't check Sasha's plotter before posting here *headdesk* (Also sorry this is late, busy week!) Early bonding also makes sense to me, and I LOVE your idea about the slingshot and hunting rats lmao!! Do you wanna post the starter for that thread, and maybe do the Connie has a secret thread or studying thread next?

« Reply #14 on: August 06, 2017, 04:54:00 AM »
No problems! Real life always comes first!

I am happy to hear that you love the slingshot idea though, because I have wanted to play that for a bit now and think it could be absolutely fabulous ahhaa. I am more than willing to start an opener; I got an idea for it already. It just may take a day or two for me to complete it however if my laptop struggles to comply. My main computer is getting repaired because it crapped out this morning.

As for a follow up thread, I will try to come up with something Connie could try to hide that has some significance to it in the meantime. -salute-

* Tagbox

Refresh History
  • Connie Springer: Opener for Sasha finally made! [link]
    August 19, 2017, 07:03:07 AM
  • Puffin: Roll call has closed and all inactive characters have been archived. If you need to retrieve anything from the archives, or want your OOC account reactivated, just nudge a member of staff. <3
    August 17, 2017, 01:40:40 PM
  • Tobias Solomon: @jean [link] woopwoop tobi and jean
    August 08, 2017, 06:09:36 AM
  • Hilda Meissner: Here's a backdated post with Hilda, open to any cadet [link]
    August 07, 2017, 05:03:50 AM
  • Armin Arlert: [link] Armin is feeling better lol @Connie
    August 05, 2017, 05:50:33 PM
  • Connie Springer: Connie is the best listener Armin, I promise -snort- [link]
    August 05, 2017, 09:01:05 AM
  • SilverWings: [link] For Connie owo
    August 03, 2017, 11:08:23 AM
  • Connie Springer: Oh shoot, forgot to post here. Here yah go SilverWings! [link]
    August 02, 2017, 10:36:13 PM
  • Puffin: Our roll call will be running from today through to the 9th of August inclusive, be sure to check in! [link]
    August 02, 2017, 02:23:42 PM
  • SilverWings: [link] Another one @Connie
    July 31, 2017, 10:25:52 PM

* Credits

Site banner, advert image and affiliate button created by Moon Child

Reluctant Heroes is in no way affiliated with Shingeki no Kyojin, Attack on Titan or Funimation and we give full credit to Hajime Isayama. Copyrights and trademarks for the manga and anime are held by their respective owners while all original content remains the property of the individual writers and artists.