* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Statistics

* Season

Season 2

* Activity

Re: Red-Eyed Beauty by Hilda Meissner
[Today at 11:27:14 PM]

Re: Frustration in the forest. [Hilda] by Hilda Meissner
[Today at 11:14:03 PM]

Re: A taste of freedom [open] by Mara Sonnenschein
[Today at 09:08:33 PM]

Re: Initiation Celebration by Elena Vogt
[Today at 06:21:11 PM]

A taste of freedom [open] by Elena Vogt
[Today at 06:10:17 PM]

* Who's Online

• Dot Guests: 22
  • Dot Hidden: 0
  • Dot Users: 4
  • Dot Users Online:

* Wanted

* Chatbox

Refresh History
  • ShinriKiyaru Miyahira: good
    January 12, 2018, 05:22:32 PM
  • Puffin: Hey! How's it going? ~
    January 12, 2018, 02:13:23 PM
  • Zaerina: hi puffin
    January 12, 2018, 02:13:47 AM
  • Puffin: I'm late to the party but welcome Zaerina! ~
    January 11, 2018, 11:24:31 PM
  • Draco: Would be good if I posted from the right account but too late now. Welcome again :)
    January 10, 2018, 12:02:40 AM
  • Mara Sonnenschein: Welcome, Zaerina!
    January 10, 2018, 12:01:04 AM
  • Zaerina: Hello
    January 09, 2018, 10:51:16 PM
  • Artsy: WELCOME AND HELLO! <#3
    January 07, 2018, 11:36:01 AM
  • Lou: Oh will do
    January 06, 2018, 08:33:43 PM
  • Puffin: Yes please! And in meantime, if there's anything I can help with, let me know. <3
    January 06, 2018, 07:50:09 PM
  • Lou: All the plots!
    January 06, 2018, 07:16:19 PM
  • Puffin: We shall have to plot! ^^
    January 06, 2018, 03:41:49 PM
  • Lou: Thanks guys :)
    January 06, 2018, 03:27:01 AM
  • Puffin: Yes, welcome Lou! <3
    January 05, 2018, 06:50:10 PM
  • Axel Falkenrath: Welcome to RH, Lou!
    January 05, 2018, 04:25:41 PM
  • Puffin: Aww, thanks Seikatsu! Welcome to the forum! If there's anything I can help with, let me know. <3
    December 26, 2017, 10:20:52 AM
  • Seikatsu: Hello everyone, I hope you all have great holidays ^^
    December 26, 2017, 09:39:27 AM
  • Axel Falkenrath: and welcome, Seikatsu!
    December 26, 2017, 02:13:18 AM
  • Axel Falkenrath: Happy holidays all! And to a great end-of-year ^^
    December 26, 2017, 01:14:46 AM
  • Puffin: I hope everyone is enjoying the holidays! <3
    December 25, 2017, 10:34:19 PM

* Our Server

* Directories

RPG-DRPG Initiative

Author Topic: Karate Horse [Tobias]  (Read 557 times)

Karate Horse [Tobias]
« on: July 21, 2017, 12:24:12 AM »
Jean was more ready than ever to actually show off his moves now that winter was closing in on the corps, and the nice change of season was a cool welcome to many other cadets as well. No more having to walk around shirtless and be sweaty all the time, getting warm was much easier than keeping cool. The horse faced teen was also eager to prove that not just anyone could kick his butt like how Eren did on a certain day in the cafeteria. He was the joke in hand to hand for the rest of the week after that, today would be the day the joke died! Assuming it wasn't Eren he had to fight... that would just be unfair. Eren had to have trained with someone crazy good at fighting in order to do a cheap move like he did.

Jean, of course, was now too deep in seething thoughts about kicking Eren's ass that he didn't realise everyone pretty much already had a training partner for hand to hand, and he was left sort of... standing there looking like a confused tourist who was suddenly given ODM gear and told to defend a city.

He looked around quickly for someone to grab and pull into training with him, and one person stood out- of course, it was some wimpy looking kid who probably knew as much about fighting as a baby bunny. "You're going to be my dummy for the day." He stated as more of a demand than a question, brows furrowed as he took a pace back, mind focused on revenge so he wasn't really thinking clearly. His expression was in deep thought, though he looked about as angry as Eren did on a bad day.

Re: Karate Horse [Tobias]
« Reply #1 on: July 21, 2017, 03:11:01 AM »
The bold voice of their instructor rang high above, clearly indicating they each grab a partner. Crowds dispersed and he watched at many of the taller people dashed around and staked claims on their sparring partners. Out of reflex, Tobi began backing up from the separating crowd, clearly not intending to pair with anyone if he didn’t have to. Pale hood concealed his flaming hair and he ducked his face from meeting anyone’s eyes. Those honey hues shined from beneath the shade of his hood and for a moment Tobi hoped that he was invisible. Maybe he was extra and they had uneven numbers so he wouldn’t have to get wrecked at combat.

Slender fingers fidgeted at the straps gripping his chest and he let out a shaky breath, unfortunately, he couldn’t loosen them because when it came to ODM training he might slip out of the straps which could prove fatal. His skin was sensitive and he found the bruises to be disgusting on his ivory-white body. The sound of strong footsteps approaching him sent his eyes toward a taller male. Eyes of molten gold went wide of the sight of Jean’s intense face.

"You're going to be my dummy for the day."

“Oh…OH,” Tobi registered the demand quite quickly, Jean was leaving no room for argument but even then Tobi attempted an awkward smile, red lashes peeking from the confines of his hood. Jean’s immediate battle posture took him by surprise; he could see the primal gleam in the depths of his eyes with elicited a gulp.

“Dummy as in…Punching bag?” he asked the obvious, not quite like the sound of that. It was just his luck to be spotted by this maniac. Physical touches left him uncomfortable so combat most of all made him uncomfortable. Not to mention if he over exerted himself or takes a blow to the chest it could trigger his asthma and that wouldn’t be good.

“We could just pretend to battle, right?” he sheepishly laughed but just in case Jean struck he readied his footing, bright eyes staring towards the other male.

(Go ahead and just start the combat if you're tired of Tobi's back-peddling haha)

« Reply #2 on: July 21, 2017, 01:12:58 PM »
Jean growled as he thought about how Eren had bested him, simply just throwing him against the ground after sweeping his feet out from under him- how the hell did he manage to do it?! He weighed more than Eren for sure, and that pipsqueak had been training with Reiner right? Reiner certainly didn't know any moves like that, he wouldn't need to, if he wanted to sweep someone off their feet all he'd have to do is push them.

He huffed in an agitated tone and, forgetting the exercise they were supposed to be doing, just went to sloppily swing at Tobias's cheek as if the read head himself were Eren.

« Reply #3 on: July 22, 2017, 10:45:01 AM »
Tobias stared firmly at Jean, his honey kissed eyes seemed to plead with him, the rich hue glowing like a warm hearth. Tobi lifted his slender fists towards Jean, taking the necessary precautions but one glance could notice that he didn’t have his heart into it. While he technically knew how to fight, his stamina wasn’t the best and his blows weren’t strong just accurate so it meant he wasn’t very good at fighting. Jean’s eyes seemed lazed and unfocused, something was definitely bothering him and Tobi could see that from behind his specs. Gulping he dabbed his tongue curiously at the edge of his reddening lips as he attempted to form more words to reason with the taller cadet.

“You seem upset are you—“ the words halted in the apple-haired boy as just uttered forth a huff which stole his attention before his perceptive gaze noticed his step forward. Jean was advancing a strike but even though he could see it Tobi was still very surprised by the bold attempt towards him.

“EEP,” he squealed by reflex, the sound somewhat feminine from the higher pitch. Pivoting his own heel Tobi sidestepped from the swing, the momentum carried his hood from concealing his face and it freed the swathed locks. Like dancing flames the red tresses glided through the air in the motion of his dodge, the sunlight gleaming against his porcelain skin. Tobi’s face definitely appeared soft and sensitive and it was very startled by the fist that approached.

Vibrant eyes glanced timidly towards Jean, alert for another strike but even then he knew it couldn’t last long. Tobi attempted to maintain footwork, kind of vibrating in place as he kept a firm stare upon his impulsive partner.

“J-j-just not the face!”
he stuttered out, he clearly didn’t want his glasses to shatter and he almost wanted to say to not hit his chest too because that would prove problematic. Nonetheless, it appeared Jean was fighting haphazardly at best, something was ailing his mind, keeping his thoughts dull.
« Last Edit: July 22, 2017, 10:45:21 AM by Tobias Solomon »

« Reply #4 on: July 23, 2017, 03:14:51 AM »
Jean knashes his teeth and tilted his head so that his neck popped, hardly audible to his own ears, clenching his fists so tight that his nails were hurting his palms, he was furious he had missed, his conscious thrown out the window as he went for another swing while the boy was talking, though he drew it back quickly, as it was only suited for a distraction as he went to attempt the move Eren had done on him that night, or something with a similar outcome at least.

He quickly stuck his foot out and kicked Tobias' legs out from under him rather roughly, almost falling over himself as he made the motion, ready to just shove Tobias to the ground if he managed to still be standing.

« Reply #5 on: July 23, 2017, 04:34:03 AM »
Blazing locks of fire bounced with his movements, Tobias had attempted to remain focused but as he tried to endure the exertion his anxiety began to stir in his chest. The stress sped his heart and quickened his breathing and he could feel the stinging as air entering his defective lungs but Tobias attempted to quell such things. He couldn’t possibly cause a scene here. Jean’s lack of reaction was to be expected but Tobi was still very much bewildered at how angry he seemed, he couldn’t remember if he had ever angered him which meant it was unlikely he had. Tobias remembered everything. Fists trembled noticeably and he faced Jean with weakened vigor, lips reddening from his nervous chewing.

Tobi’s own actions slowed, growing tired of his readiness to dodge whilst molten hues remained trained on Jean. He would be lying if he said he wasn’t worried, he was relieved to be treated so normally like a person with an ailment but such roughhousing might trigger him, therefore, he was cautious. Around his throat was the mask like a scarf and he knew that if need be he could put it on to help calm his breathing but maybe Jean just wanted to scare him. The long-faced boy appeared pompous and snarky around others, he could potentially only be just taking frustrations out on him. Tobi’s eyes left Jean to glanced curiously towards the instructor, wondering if they noticed the odd display but they happened to be somewhat distanced from the others.

At the corner of his eye, he noticed Jean hurl at him like a panther and Tobi was far too unprepared for such a strike. A searing pain stuck his slender leg and Tobi yelped in response as he attempted to stir himself from the now teetering form. As if slowed down Tobi threw his arms out towards Jean desperately trying to grasp him and stop his plummeting form but his fingers just barely grazed his collar. The red-head mouthed his name but no sound escaped as he suddenly made an impact with the hardened ground below.

It was a limp thud and a hiss of air rapidly escaped his gapping mouth, Tobi’s eyes were wide with surprise and pain but he immediately attempted to calm himself and inhale breath. The wind was knocked out and he was having a hard time catching his breath, only empty gasps upon his lips. Subconsciously he fumbled with the straps on his chest, the buckles felt like chains around his lungs. Tobi managed to free himself from the embrace of his belts but the breath was returning a bit slow but he could tell it wasn’t an attack, merely a strong hit. His lungs just didn’t recover as quickly or smoothly as normal peoples did.

Gripping his chest with his hand he obviously appeared pained by the naked eye and his shin stung as well. Timid eyes darted towards Jean, unsure how he would respond to him acting like a fish out of the water. Breathing was gradually returning to normal but he was still visibly panting just not looking like he was dying. “Nice move, Jean… I didn’t—Expect it,” he spoke through haggard breaths, attempting a sheepish smile despite himself.

« Reply #6 on: July 29, 2017, 12:13:03 AM »
"Hah! Take that, Eren!" Jean hissed and turned around, a happy smile on his face... He quickly faced Tobias again and his triumphant smile quickly faded. Great. He had just beat up some kid who couldn't defend himself. How the hell did that solve anything? Why did the think that was an okay thing to do? Because he was angry...

He quickly helped the boy up, expression apologetic, "Hey, I didn't mean to be so rough, I can't think when I'm mad." He said softly, rubbing his neck anxiously. What if it had been Armin or Marco he had been sparring with? He could have seriously hurt this guy... "You aren't hurt too bad right? ... Can't believe I just did that."

Sorry it's short ;0;)

« Reply #7 on: August 08, 2017, 06:08:58 AM »
"Hah! Take that, Eren!"

Through his struggle, those words rang clear enough to prompt confusion to paint his reddening cheeks. The fire-haired boy remembered that name and he knew he didn’t resemble the ‘suicidal maniac’ known as Eren but Tobias didn’t fault Jean despite such things. Fingers bent into the leather of his straps and his hectic breathing did its gradual slow but his lungs still stung with each intake of air. At least Jean seemed proud of his move even if the proud expression plummeted upon seeing his predicament.

There it is the face of someone that just realized something. The haze of fury washed from Jean’s face and Tobias couldn’t help his amused laugh at the way he appeared. He just throttled him and now he’s coping with the aftermath and Tobi didn’t expect such friendliness after a stunt like that. When Jean moved forward to help him, the ginger too reached and gripped onto Jean’s arm, a bit shaken still but still trying to act natural. His laugh was raspy and reflected the winded nature previously seen but he still held a gentle smile.

“I can see that,” he commented, breathing relatively normal now despite the pain that was evident. Feeling that his touch lingered far too long he retracted his own arm to stand on his own with the clear of his throat.

“I’m not hurt, the blow just caught me off guard is all,” kind of a lie but Tobias really didn’t want to tell Jean that his lungs were defective and he pretty much just thrashed someone far weaker than him. It wasn’t in his nature to admit something like that.

“Feeling better?” asked the timid red-head with a sheepish glance unsure if Jean was merely trying to catch him off guard and intended another blow, even if unlikely.

(billion years late)

« Reply #8 on: December 07, 2017, 05:41:28 PM »
Jean sniffed, wiping his face after sighing sharply. ”No, now I feel like an asshole, and instead of being mad at someone else I’m mad at myslef... that’s not better at all.” He said almost to himself, growling under his breath and putting his hands on his hips, looking Tobias over. ”I uh... I guess I’m not the best one for first introductions, eh?” Came his hoarse laugh, eyes glancing to the side as he rubbed his neck, and he mumbled a swear before clentching his fists at his sides.

”I’m Jean... I swear I’m not normally this pissy- So, you can take a free swing if you like.”

« Reply #9 on: December 11, 2017, 03:34:46 AM »
Gentle honey irises washed over the defeated man before him, apple-hued brows lowered in sympathy. Jean seemed amusing in his own way, for a moment Tobi was fearful but now he realized. Jean was simply a lovable idiot. Deciding that, he then knew what actions came next to console the poor idiot. Offering another smile, Tobias made his attempts at cheering up the man that just knocked him down. Soft fingers placed themselves against Jean’s shoulders, squeezing a bit before bouncing off his muscles in faint pats.

“There, there,” he comically said, a faint cheekiness to his grin. “Honestly, I’m fine,” mustered the boy despite the stinging in his chest. Internally he cursed his breathing and cursed the fact they didn’t function normally, all he ever wanted to be was normal. For a moment Tobi’s brow rose in question, he could have sworn most of the times he had seen Jean was him being agitated and pissy… Mainly because of a certain agitating other boy but still.

“S’that so?” Tobi mainly remarked to himself, the question barely above a mutter but it escaped nonetheless from his soft lips. Faint surprise etched along his flushed cheeks, his strength was subpar compared to Jean’s and when he would have preferred not to participate in combat, he had learned most people around her spoke with their fists. Jean likely wouldn’t forgive himself if he refused to hurt him so.

Suddenly he gripped Jean’s shoulder, his legs snaking below him and clashing against the back of his kneecap to disable the limb that held him. An eye for an eye, thought Tobias as he then applied pressure to the lack of support on this leg to attempt a similar maneuver and throw Jean to the ground. Even the effort it was taking to move like that started to ache in his lungs but even then, Tobi smiled. Perhaps Jean didn’t expect the smaller boy to retaliate so willingly but if Jean was successfully thrown down, Tobias would waste no time offering his hand to assist him up.

« Reply #10 on: December 11, 2017, 04:25:04 AM »
Jean relaxed his body, after rolling his eyes at the red-head's 'comforting' and braced himself for a free blow, what he was expecting was a punch to the gut or even a kick to the shin, so the maneuver the smaller bit pulled came as a complete surprise. Jean's eyes widened as the world washed past him in an odd blur as his back went towards the ground, arms flying to cross over his face instinctively just before his back met roughly with the dirt below. "Ow!" Jean wheeze out, opening his eyes as he laid back against the ground, arms going limb and falling to the dirt as well as he smirked up at the other cadet, laughing and holding his hand up for help.

"I deserved that, yep... Nice one though."

« Reply #11 on: December 11, 2017, 05:03:36 AM »
Tobi’s amber irises watched as his move successfully landed and his prey topple towards the terrain. Regret fluttered slightly but Jean was sturdy, unlike him and likely barely felt pain from falling. A wheeze whistled from his nostrils as he panted ever so slightly, physical activities was hard work for the asthmatic boy. Feeling Jean’s sturdy grip he assisted him upright like he had done and they were facing one another once more, a laugh playing along with his lips.

The instructor signaled for a break which was music to his ears, Tobias didn’t want another horrendous blow from Jean. Staring from beneath his specs he offered a sheepish laugh to him.

“Uh… Thanks, Jean,” fingers weaved into apple-hued locks, pale fingers tossing the auburn tresses casually about. While they were near, Tobi took the chance to scan Jean’s physique. He was masculine and could be identified as a strong male from miles away. Muscles rippled beneath fabric which elicited a gulp from the shy boy. Tobi was slender with long lashes; he could easily be mistaken for a female which bothered him sometimes. He couldn’t help his fragile physique.

“There’s a shaded spot over there if you want to go sit?” he prompted, reluctant to mention he actually wanted to sit and rest, his chest was hurting. Perhaps he would talk with Jean a little, better him than someone else. He seemed too dense to realize he had a breathing problem.

« Reply #12 on: December 11, 2017, 05:14:16 AM »
Jean dusted himself off after he was upright again, and then gave Tobias a rough pat on the shoulder. "Promise I wont beat you up anymore." Jean said with a good natures laugh, glancing around when the smaller boy questioned about a shady spot to break in.

"Ah, yeah, there looks good." He started walking, glancing down at his possible new friend with a smirk, "Guess we've both got this hand to hand thing down?"

« Reply #13 on: December 11, 2017, 05:25:07 AM »
The sudden pat against his slender back sent him rocking forward a bit too noticeable which induced a blush to pepper against his cheeks. Tobias stabled himself as well, attempting to laugh it off whilst standing before the taller boy. Relief freed some air from his tattered lungs and he grinned a bit towards Jean.

“I didn’t think you would, haha…” a shy laugh, he didn’t want Jean to feel bad that he scared him pretty bad before. He’s quite intimidating. Dust billowed from his steps as he flanked Jean on their route to the sitting spot. Tobi appreciated the lack of complaint to sit, he was actually very grateful that Jean wasn’t questioning his horrible display before. Perhaps he didn’t notice anything suspicious at all.

“Of course!” Tobias replied but he wasn’t so sure if his body agreed. While Tobi knew of many types of combat, doing the moves was harder said than done. But even then, technically he wasn’t lying if he agreed. While he was curious as to what angered him before, he thought against asking that and decided a new question.

“So what do you hope for in the future?” someone as skilled as Jean didn’t need to worry about the future like he did. Sometimes Tobi wondered if he’ll even last the winter trial coming up. 

« Reply #14 on: December 11, 2017, 05:30:27 AM »
Jean kept his signature smirk as he shrugged at the red head's inquiry about his future. "Lounging with the MP of course. Safe in the interior with all the top graduates, eating my fill and kicking back until I'm needed to patrol or something." Came his smarmy remark, just as always.

"What about you? You planning on the MP too? Shouldn't be too hrs to reach top ten, Aside from Mikasa, pretty much everyone else in the 104th is a chump."

* Tagbox

Refresh History

* Credits

Site banner, advert image and affiliate button created by Moon Child

Reluctant Heroes is in no way affiliated with Shingeki no Kyojin, Attack on Titan or Funimation and we give full credit to Hajime Isayama. Copyrights and trademarks for the manga and anime are held by their respective owners while all original content remains the property of the individual writers and artists.