The cost of wealth (Annie) (M) by Sylvia Charpentier
[July 05, 2020, 10:17:44 PM]

Re: Open Threads by Kara Brooks
[July 05, 2020, 08:52:30 PM]

A Question of Faith by Kara Brooks
[July 05, 2020, 08:26:05 PM]

Re: Kara Brooks [Completed] by Puffin
[July 05, 2020, 07:53:07 PM]

Re: be still my foolish heart, don’t ruin this for me [Sebastian] by Sebastian Schwarz
[July 05, 2020, 05:11:09 PM]

* Who's Online

• Dot Guests: 15
  • Dot Hidden: 0
  • Dot Users: 1
  • Dot Users Online:

* Wanted

* Chatbox

Refresh History
  • Lou: It is treating me well enough. I can't complain with the lovely WA weather
    June 30, 2020, 05:01:04 AM
  • Quiet: Howdy y'all. Hope summer is treating everyone as kindly as it can. :-)
    June 29, 2020, 03:17:05 PM
  • Nanaba: One post down wooo
    June 26, 2020, 10:37:42 PM
  • Nanaba: <3
    June 26, 2020, 10:37:35 PM
  • Puffin: Great job, Lou!!  Always love a Nanaba post. <3
    June 25, 2020, 10:01:00 AM
  • Nanaba: I will put it first on my list
    June 20, 2020, 08:27:15 PM
  • Nanaba: working on Utopia posts. If anyone has a Nanaba request, please let me know
    June 20, 2020, 08:26:52 PM
  • Nanaba: *falls in*
    June 20, 2020, 08:24:07 PM
  • Puffin: Phew, I'm glad you were able to get it back, Sora! :)
    June 18, 2020, 07:15:12 PM
  • Sora: lucky me :D
    June 18, 2020, 01:22:54 PM
  • Sora: Managed to recover it
    June 18, 2020, 01:22:50 PM
  • Sora: Damn...I can't believe this. I just lost my whole post for Mina *sniff*
    June 18, 2020, 01:19:29 PM
  • fleetingthoughts: Aaah thank you so much for your compliments :D I'm so glad you enjoyed her haha! That's perfect! I'll certainly be joining as soon as possible!
    June 16, 2020, 12:42:45 PM
  • Puffin: Hi there fleetingthoughts! I've been meaning to drop you a message, I really enjoyed Paula's app and her artwork is beautiful. :) I definitely recommend joining the Discord server, if it's something that appeals to you. There are quite a few plotting channels, etc. there that can help with getting some threads started.
    June 16, 2020, 12:03:42 PM
  • fleetingthoughts: Hello! I hope I'm not being too nosy if I ask this, but do you guys usually discuss more on your discord server? Because I am willing to get more involved into this website and I don't really know how to (except for commenting on plotters lol), so I thought I could join your discord server as well if that's alright with you all :)
    June 16, 2020, 11:23:04 AM
  • Puffin: Breakfast and coffee is always a great place to start! :) I'm not too bad thanks, having some trouble with work but I'm muddling through. How have things been with you?
    June 13, 2020, 08:33:34 PM
  • Nanaba: How are you?
    June 13, 2020, 06:12:55 PM
  • Nanaba: It is going.  took me awhile to get going, but now that I had breakfast and coffee, I am ready to tackle rp things
    June 13, 2020, 06:12:50 PM
  • Puffin: Hey Lou! How's it going? :D
    June 13, 2020, 05:16:55 PM
  • Nanaba: hey hey everyone
    June 13, 2020, 04:31:38 PM

* Directories

RPG-DRPG Initiative

Author Topic: Bertholdt Hoover  (Read 241 times)

Bertholdt Hoover
« on: October 13, 2019, 02:52:29 AM »

NAME:  Bertholdt Hoover
NICKNAMES (IF ANY):  Bert, Bertl
DATE OF BIRTH AND AGE (AS OF YEAR 845):  30th of December, 828, age 16.
PLACE OF BIRTH: Liberio Internment Zone, Marley
MEMBER GROUP:  Cadets
FACE CLAIM:  Himself

APPEARANCE:

Bertholdt stands head and shoulders above the rest, but mostly in the literal sense. He stands at a respectable 6'4, but this impressive stature goes against his meek personality. He is in incredible shape, having spent a good portion of his childhood training in the Warrior program, and then another stint in the cadets. His hand-to-hand fighting is less impressive than many of his peers, but his long arms and legs give him a distinct reach advantage, which in and of itself can prove just as useful as actual combat skill. His typical attire when out of uniform tends to consist of long pants, usually brown, black, or khaki, button up shirts of varying colors, and occasionally sweater vests.

Bertholdt is a rather tall, slender teenage boy. He has short, dark hair, pale green eyes, thin eyebrows and an elongated face. His facial features can change dramatically depending on his mood, causing him to go from looking as innocent as a child, to a face filled with an unrivaled rage. Additionally, Bertholdt has been noted by most of his friends and fellow cadets to sweat often, almost always perspiring, which he usually excuses as nothing more than his nervous nature, though, this isn't the case.

PERSONALITY:

Bertholdt is a quiet boy, often finding himself among those in the background of the action, and has self-identified himself as someone who often opts to follow popular opinion rather than thinking for himself. His self-confidence is remarkably low for a cadet as skilled as he is, and has referred to his lack of initiative often, even going so far as to address himself as a coward. His distant act has made it seem that he holds little remorse over his actions, instead only caring about the well-being of his partners, Annie and Reiner. However, he is actually far more guilt-ridden and personally conflicted than he lets on.

Bertholdt is fiercely loyal to his fellow warriors, and is easily driven to rash action and anger if he feels either of them is particularly threatened. He has shown himself to be wary of others and has acted as a voice of reason to his friends, not wanting anyone to lower their guard too much or for too long. Despite these tendencies, Bert has shown that he is more than capable of showing genuine kindness and compassion for others.

Ironically, despite his chaotic powers as the ‘God of Destruction’, and his alter-ego’s reputation as the biggest threat to humanity, Bertholdt himself is terrified at the prospect of dying.

STRENGTHS:

- Reserved
- ODM Maneuverability
- Power of the Colossal Titan
- Expert Marksman

WEAKNESSES:

- Lack of Initiative
- Vulnerable after Titan Transformation
- Unable to Transform Repeatedly
- Difficulty in Expressing Himself

ASPIRATIONS:

- Retake the Coordinate for Marley
- Return to his home with both Annie and Reiner

FEARS:

- Dying, specifically at the hands of a Titan
- Failing to retrieve the Founder
- Annie or Reiner getting hurt or killed

HISTORY:

Bertholdt was born into the Liberio Internment Camp controlled by the Nation of Marley. Like all the other Eldians, he faced discrimination on a daily basis, in the form of being spat on, assaulted, knocked around, and harassed. When he was no more than a child, his parents enlisted him in the Warrior program, hoping that he could prove himself to the Government worthy of taking one of the Nine Titans. Here, he met and became friends with another warrior cadet, Reiner Braun, and eventually began devloping feelings for another Warrior, Annie Leonhardt. After a series of trials and tribulation, he was selected to take possession of the Colossal Titan, arguably the most powerful ability of them all, which surprised some considering his documented lack of assertiveness.

Bertholdt didn't have long to revel in his status as an honorary Marleyan, before he was selected as one of the Warriors that would travel to the Island of Paradis, and retake the power of the Founding Titan. Along with Reiner, Annie, and the holder of the Jaws Titan, Marcel Galliard, Bert began the operation. Almost immediately, the mission went awry in the form of Marcel's consumption by a Pure Titan. Despite this major setback, the now Trio still reached the Wall, destroying it, and infiltrating the populace of the so-called Island Devils. Bertholdt now struggles with balancing his mission, guilty conscious, concern for his fellow warriors, and succumbing to his emotions, all while training hard to be a standout among the 104th Cadet Corps.

YOUR ALIAS:  Gehrig
TIMEZONE:  Eastern Time Zone

« Last Edit: May 18, 2020, 09:40:46 PM by Bertholdt Hoover »

Re: Bertholdt Hoover
« Reply #1 on: October 13, 2019, 08:07:32 PM »

Annie Leonhardt | Dalton Lightbody † | Eld Jinn | Farran Falkenrath | Ian Dietrich
Jarek Valdeze | Laria Rockfield | Marco Bott | Struna Mayberry

(avatar art credit)

Tags:

* Tagbox

Refresh History

* Credits

Site banner, advert image and affiliate button created by Moon Child

Reluctant Heroes is in no way affiliated with Shingeki no Kyojin, Attack on Titan or Funimation and we give full credit to Hajime Isayama. Copyrights and trademarks for the manga and anime are held by their respective owners while all original content remains the property of the individual writers and artists.

We are grateful to former staff member Artsy for her creative input.