* Who's Online

• Dot Guests: 512
  • Dot Hidden: 0
  • Dot Users: 2
  • Dot Users Online:

* Wanted

* Chatbox

Refresh History
  • Quiet: So we just need to figure out what group finds Anka and when!
    Today at 01:00:22 AM
  • Puffin: Things are going pretty well here, thanks! ^^
    November 16, 2019, 11:26:30 PM
  • Webs: oh man yessss
    November 16, 2019, 10:17:54 PM
  • Quiet: Can't complain! How are things on your side of the globe?
    November 16, 2019, 09:44:42 PM
  • Puffin: How are you, Quiet? <3
    November 16, 2019, 09:41:42 PM
  • Puffin: Ooooh! I love that idea!
    November 16, 2019, 09:41:34 PM
  • Quiet: What do y'all think about one of the cadet groups finding Anka? Let's traumatize the baby children even more lol.
    November 16, 2019, 09:24:28 PM
  • Quiet: Howdy y'all!
    November 16, 2019, 09:22:48 PM
  • Puffin: That's a looooong day!
    November 16, 2019, 06:20:27 PM
  • Jem: No hurries, I am stuck in class for 9 more hours ㅠ
    November 16, 2019, 01:08:04 AM
  • Puffin: Also, I'll get a PM back to you this evening, Jem! ^^
    November 15, 2019, 04:21:36 PM
  • Puffin: I'm super late, but I love the Rico posts! And Pixis too. <3
    November 15, 2019, 04:21:22 PM
  • Webs: mutant AU sounds like fun XD
    November 14, 2019, 02:49:31 PM
  • Jem: I like this idea a little too much, so watch it be the only thing I think about during work today  O:-)
    November 14, 2019, 02:01:45 AM
  • Quiet: As long as Rico gets Mystique-like powers! Mutant Levi would be awesome!
    November 14, 2019, 02:00:35 AM
  • Jem: Ah yes, please imagine mutant!Levi
    November 14, 2019, 01:27:22 AM
  • Quiet: XMen/SNK crossover!
    November 14, 2019, 01:26:15 AM
  • Webs: oh it definitely would XD
    November 14, 2019, 01:25:32 AM
  • Jem: It would make for an interesting character trait though, you can't deny that :D
    November 14, 2019, 01:23:11 AM
  • Webs: that's a little bit of a leap ;)
    November 14, 2019, 12:56:08 AM

* Directories

RPG-DRPG Initiative

Author Topic: Who Chooses To Be This?  (Read 193 times)

Who Chooses To Be This?
« on: October 15, 2019, 01:26:01 AM »
                      Who?

Here is my plotter for everyone’s favorite sweaty warrior, Bertholdt!

Friends- Bertholdt is a friendly guy, though not all that talkative. He will try to make friends with anyone who puts forth the effort to reach out to him. However, he is somewhat awkward and always seems a little bit uncomfortable, no matter who he’s talking to. Plus the guy sweats like, all the time... it’s a little off-putting.

Enemies- Bertholdt has no room in his heart for people who he dislikes. In his perfect world, everyone gets along just fine, but unfortunately, that isn’t the world we were born in to. To satiate the need to not have any enemies, Bert is ruthless with them, and won’t offer a second chance to anyone that he deems a threat to him or his friends.

Romance- Bertholdt in a romantic relationship is comparable to a deer in headlights. He has a small idea of what to do, but he’s so terrified to do anything that he’s utterly ineffective. This isn’t to say he can’t be sweet and kind to anyone he’s attracted to, as he is capable of holding a relationship, just not at taking the lead in it.

Re: Who Chooses To Be This?
« Reply #1 on: October 15, 2019, 02:33:50 AM »
Hey and welcome! I'd love to toss Mina at Bert. She's a very kind girl who would be inclined to reach out with friendship to those who she thinks might have a need. She's also very self-doubting and hides it (as best she can) with her perky personality.  Mina would probably tell Bert he's glowing if he's really sweaty lol.

She's also 4'8 and her with Bert...that is just smol/tol gold.

I also write Dot Pixis, Anka Rheinberger, Arkin Holt, Miri Gracey, and Hugh Fraser. They are all adult characters (all but Hugh is in the Garrison - Hugh is in the SC) so I can't think of anything off the top of my head - but if you have any ideas I'd love to hear them.

“Kindness begins with the understanding that we all struggle.”

« Reply #2 on: October 15, 2019, 02:59:44 PM »
Hey there! Thanks for replying to the plotter! I think Bertholdt and Mina would have really good chemistry together in many different kinds of scenarios.  I think Bert could take some comfort in her knowing that he's not the only awkward cadet around!

Are there any threads you've got Mina involved in at the moment that you think we could work Bertholdt into?

« Reply #3 on: October 15, 2019, 07:50:59 PM »
Everyone's favourite sweaty warrior, indeed! <3

► Bertholdt and Struna

Bertholdt being quiet doesn't matter at all when Struna is willing and able to do enough talking for both of them! I know I messaged you about the events you can get your cadets involved in (hopefully it wasn't too overwhelming or rambling) but I'm thinking maybe we could get a small group together for the Winter Aptitude Test? I don't want to intrude on your plotting with Quiet, but it could be something for Mina to get involved with too, if you guys both fancy it? Struna doesn't take the Training Corps seriously, but I think she'd be a reasonably talented teammate in a survival situation.

Or we could do a non-event thread as well as or instead of this! Just spitballing. :) I also have Marco and Dalton, who I could offer up. Though I'm thinking Marco might be a good choice to thread with Eelja, as they're both gunning for the Military Police. Not that we can't have multiple threads with different combinations of characters!

« Reply #4 on: October 15, 2019, 08:15:18 PM »
Ymir might be the easiest to plot with Bertholdt in terms of where to start off - given their first, uh, 'meeting', any little clues that either of them don't belong will probably be picked up on easily enough. While she's both abrasive and dismissive, that might set the grounds for a short thread to see how they go unless you have any ideas in particular!

Also repeating this from Xavier's plotter just in case, but I also have Axel Falkenrath (a perfectionist fighter determined to be the best), Mara Sonnenschein (a friendly sweetheart too naive for her own good), and Nack Tierce (whose lies are compulsive and his boasts are usually far too exaggerated compared to his skills). If you have any ideas you'd like to explore with other cadets I'm all ears... eyes?

Axel | Claude | ErenGustav | Gunther | Mara | Nack | Quirin | Ymir

« Reply #5 on: October 15, 2019, 08:58:52 PM »
Hey again!

Maybe Mina and Bert are assigned to clean a storage room and she makes Bert a bit nervous by climbing the shelves like a little monkey? Or maybe Mina is assigned to do it herself but there are so many high shelves...I could see Bert offering to help if he sees she is having struggles. Just a thought. :) :)

Anka Rheinberger | Dot Pixis | Arkin Holt | Miriam Gracey | Mina Carolina | Hugh Fraser | Rico Brzenska

« Reply #6 on: October 16, 2019, 02:30:37 PM »
Hey!

Good idea! I can definitely see either of those scenarios playing out smoothly! I think Bert offering his help would be good for the character building as the gentle giant kind of guy that he is, so I think that version would be better set for us!

« Reply #7 on: October 16, 2019, 09:51:57 PM »
Struna & Bertholdt

I think doing the Winter Aptitude Test with Bert involved is a very good idea! I wouldn’t mind being a part of that, and I could probably find an easy way to work in Xavier or Eelja as well! I’m also completely fine if Quiet wants to get Mina involved, seeing as it will be based on the cadets working in groups, I think the more we’ve got involved the merrier!

« Reply #8 on: October 16, 2019, 09:56:06 PM »
Webs

Ymir and Bertholdt have always been a duo that had so much possibility for interaction to me! I think that, like you said, the little things that they’d notice about one another that seem out of place would be incredibly good for building a sizzling suspicion between the two of them!

As for the other cadets, I think they’d go very well in with the Winter Aptitude Test, and could allow many different cadets the chance to get the interactions with one another, including Bertholdt, and possibly even Eelja or Xavier!

« Reply #9 on: October 16, 2019, 10:20:01 PM »
Mina/Bert - Sounds good! I will start the thread in a few days. I need to get caught up on what I owe.

Bert/Mina/Struna - I'm 100% down with a group thread. It would be good to get the kiddos working together. :-) Just let me know where and when!

Anka Rheinberger | Dot Pixis | Arkin Holt | Miriam Gracey | Mina Carolina | Hugh Fraser | Rico Brzenska

« Reply #10 on: October 17, 2019, 12:09:13 AM »
Bertholdt/Ymir - Absolutely! The build-up makes it so much sweeter. Are there any situations you envision them in or think they might communicate more in? Ymir is consistently difficult no matter what, of course... could be kitchen or cleaning duty, pairing up for a training exercise, somewhere in the training grounds. Wherever! Sorry if this is too much choice! It's up to you which and who starts, I'm more than happy to start if you like ^^

Nack is free for a Winter Aptitude Test! I'd love to explore how he gets on in their first year with anybody you like, especially given Nack is two-parts boastful and one-part coward... Freezing snowdrifts and hiking in the cold? He would not cope well!

Axel | Claude | ErenGustav | Gunther | Mara | Nack | Quirin | Ymir

« Reply #11 on: October 17, 2019, 11:07:05 PM »
► Bertholdt, Struna, Mina (and Nack?)

Perfect! I've started work on a starter for us and I'll get it posted ASAP. If not tonight, then tomorrow. We've got a good mix of personalities here, I think it'll be great fun! Amidst the threat of frostbite, hypothermia, wolves, bears, etc. ;)

Dalton Lightbody | Eld Jinn | Farran Falkenrath | Ian Dietrich
Jarek Valdeze | Laria Rockfield | Marco Bott | Struna Mayberry

Tags: plotter 

* Tagbox

Refresh History

* Credits

Site banner, advert image and affiliate button created by Moon Child

Reluctant Heroes is in no way affiliated with Shingeki no Kyojin, Attack on Titan or Funimation and we give full credit to Hajime Isayama. Copyrights and trademarks for the manga and anime are held by their respective owners while all original content remains the property of the individual writers and artists.

We are grateful to former staff member Artsy for her creative input.