* Who's Online

• Dot Guests: 95
  • Dot Hidden: 0
  • Dot Users: 1
  • Dot Users Online:

* Wanted

* Chatbox

Refresh History
  • Quiet: LOL he is for sure doing more with his life than I was when I was 16.
    March 24, 2020, 06:17:53 PM
  • Yuri Aximand: I believe in him!
    March 24, 2020, 05:03:42 PM
  • Yuri Aximand: Arkin can do it!
    March 24, 2020, 05:03:38 PM
  • Quiet: He's got it together pretty good for a 16ish year old....but this is A LOT!!!!
    March 24, 2020, 01:59:42 AM
  • Quiet: Poor Arkin just wants an adult lol.
    March 24, 2020, 01:55:38 AM
  • Yuri Aximand: hey :)
    March 23, 2020, 05:38:48 PM
  • Arkin Holt: How is everyone doing? Everyone doing okay? It's a hard and scary time for sure.
    March 22, 2020, 08:22:54 PM
  • Arkin Holt: Sounds good to me!!
    March 22, 2020, 05:31:34 PM
  • Michelle Whitaker: We can end the thread there if you want Hubert, it seems like a good place :)
    March 22, 2020, 05:22:34 PM
  • Michelle Whitaker: VERY!!!!
    March 19, 2020, 10:45:09 PM
  • Arkin Holt: Re Michelle: Rico IS scary lol!
    March 19, 2020, 10:26:26 PM
  • Quiet: Hope everyone is keeing well in this less than ideal situation!
    March 19, 2020, 03:35:03 PM
  • Mercedes Carello: She really is! <3
    March 19, 2020, 01:37:15 AM
  • Webs: ;) Mara is the light from stars. a dead star still projecting from light years away
    March 18, 2020, 06:53:44 PM
  • Michelle Whitaker: hi
    March 12, 2020, 02:04:20 PM
  • Quiet: Whenever I see a Mara post I get happy and then very sad lol.
    March 11, 2020, 09:39:05 PM
  • Quiet: Happy Birthday Ian!!!! <3
    March 10, 2020, 05:35:10 PM
  • HiddenBaroness: Hope everyone has a great week! <3
    March 09, 2020, 04:31:57 PM
  • Webs: Hope everyone is having a great March so far!
    March 06, 2020, 02:55:24 PM
  • Arkin Holt: Hey y'all!
    March 05, 2020, 11:39:49 PM

* Directories

RPG-DRPG Initiative

Author Topic: holy branches.  (Read 602 times)

holy branches.
« on: October 23, 2019, 03:15:05 PM »
cadet | an intellectual | doing His Best

FRIENDS | armin might not be all that outgoing, but he does make a good friend all the same. he cares a lot about the people he trains and works alongside, though they're more comrades than friends. he appreciates people that are amicable and intelligent. armin isn't particularly pushy without purpose, so if someone doesn't seem interested in speaking to him, it's unlikely that he would persist unless he has a specific request or a goal he aims to achieve. he's not made a friend since he was very young, so he doesn't have an amazing social skillset and can be a bit awkward during the first stages of befriending someone.

ENEMIES | for the most part, armin doesn't make many enemies and doesn't want to. he finds that tension of this sort isn't worth the time when there's more important things to deal with than petty grudges. even so, there are people that he regards with low opinions, and he can be a bit chilly towards those who go out of their way to make everyone's lives harder without ever seeming to consider the effects of those choices. he's plenty forgiving, but not endlessly so. if someone isn't sorry or least changing their ways, they won't be forgiven.

ROMANCE | armin doesn't have much of an interest in romance. he has no direct opposition to it, and a crush certainly wouldn't throw him into a crisis, but romantic relationships have different connotations and involvement than friendships do. armin focuses most on his friends, and the idea of having his attention divided that much isn't appealing in concept. in practice, though? the heart wants what it wants. (chances are that he wouldn't even notice someone flirting with him, though, since the idea of someone being interested in him is kind of laughable, as far as he's concerned.)

now all the birds have fled / the hurt just leaves me scared

Re: holy branches.
« Reply #1 on: October 23, 2019, 07:46:41 PM »
Armiiin! Ellie, I want you to know I peeked at his application when it was a WIP and it gave me such a giggle. "FEARS: a lot". XD

► Armin and Marco

We know in canon that these two often serviced their ODM gear together and, although we don't actually see them interact much, I feel like they would get on well? I know Marco would have so much respect for Armin's intelligence. Maybe they could be study buddies? Or make a relaxing hobby of trying to keep the peace between Eren and Jean. XD I'm trying to think of specific scenarios but I'm having a bit of a brain fart.

I don't want to swamp you but, as always, there's also Struna and Dalton if you want them!

Dalton Lightbody † | Eld Jinn | Farran Falkenrath | Ian Dietrich
Jarek Valdeze | Laria Rockfield | Marco Bott | Struna Mayberry

(avatar art credit)

« Reply #2 on: October 23, 2019, 08:30:41 PM »
he has ARRIVED! also HAHA thank you!!!! <3 there were a LOT of random jokes in there (and one made the cut i couldn't bear to NOT publicly roast eren for being a cokehead)

> armin & marco
yesss this would be so great! i feel like they definitely deserved to have gotten a bit more interaction; i would've loved to see more of them together. which is whyyyy rps exist!!! ^ ^ there would for sure be a lot of mutual respect between them. specific scenarios really ARE always where things get complicated, hehe. something simple works just fine, though! just them working on their gear together or looking through study materials for their Titan Classes or... ANYTHING would work! and that way it's a lower-pressure environment for them to just have a conversation, talk about growing up, their friends (and how a notorious two don't get along KEK), and what they're gonna do once they graduate... stuff like that! maybe a little further along during their training??

EDIT BC I'M FORGETFUL: ALSO YES I DO LOVE THEM BUT I'M TRYIN SO HARD TO NOT GO TOO HAM FSLGKDJBFHLNFG « Last Edit: October 23, 2019, 08:33:24 PM by the dear hunter. »

[my harem characters!]
sebastian schwarz | armin arlert | alice stamper | aderyn rossi | rosin köhler

« Reply #3 on: October 23, 2019, 09:32:49 PM »
I saw that and I loved it! Beautiful. XD

► Armin and Marco

Yes, thank goodness for RPs! That sounds lovely, a nice chill thread where they're comfortable in one another's company and can just talk. Shall we go with ODM maintenance? Maybe combine it with a bit of revision for an upcoming test? Further along in their training makes sense, when they're well settled into the Training Corps. Any preference on who starts?

(I just remembered in the Distress OVA Marco was team leader while Armin was the record keeper. Dream Team right there!)

And no worries! I'm in danger of swamping myself too so I'm happy to leave the others to one side for now. :)

(avatar art credit)

« Reply #4 on: October 24, 2019, 01:49:09 AM »
I love him so much, he's precious and just. My heart.

And I'm going to leave you MULTIPLE PLOTS AGAIN but we can figure out which we want to play with and which we want to just talk about or explore later!!

Armin & Axel
Ok so! Axel is... I mean. He's Axel. He's very into following rules and is very insistent on that fact considering he'll fight anybody who doesn't take training seriously though is also kind of a hypocrite too. He wavers between the Garrison and Survey Corps for where he wants to go for a While and might? maybe? get along with Armin. If Armin tells him about the outside world then he might be pretty scornful at first because it sounds pretty ridiculous to Mr Fed Garrison Propaganda From Birth (not the lazy kind tho) but it's definitely something he could get on board with too. He just wants to protect people! ALSO though, he tried to help the evacuees in Trost! Given him working in a bakery and all, he helped with baking bread and also handing it out when the Garrison were run off their feet and needed some extra hands. He's super into trying to make things fair and making sure people are fed so there's a chance like Zoe that he might have met Armin back then!

Armin & Ymir
Precious smol, tall girl would like a word. Ymir would find Armin interesting - he probably reminds her a bit of Krista (not just because he's small and blond or anything) - also because he's pretty genuine and hangs around that weirdo Eren. She's simultaneously the best and worst person he could talk about the outside world with tho. And mostly, she'd probably tease him. A lot. It's basically entertainment when she's bored and Krista isn't around aLTHOUGH maybe, if he would, he could help her with her writing?

Armin & Eren
I'm just. I just. After this current thread I am so psyched to see these two best buddies go through training together and also I NEED, one day, for them to try and spar because Eren rly doesn't want to hurt him while also rly wanting him to look after himself. But also: nightmares. Comfort. To either one of each other. Please? I imagine they're bunkmates (Eren calls top bunk) soooo...

And any of my others are open to you ofc.

Axel | Claude | Damien | ErenGustav | Gunther | Kade | Mara | Nack | Quirin | Ymir

« Reply #5 on: October 24, 2019, 03:10:07 AM »
KEK THANK YOU!!

> armin & marco
yess, we can definitely combine the two! we could place it maybe... spring/summer of 846?? that'd work pretty well for the two of them i think; enough time to have bonded but still giving us some development to work with. hrmm... i think i'd be set to start! might take a hot minute depending on how the rest of tonight goes for me, but i can take care of it~

(YAAA omg that's SO GOOD FOR THEM,,, such an UNDERRATED bond :pensive:)

thank you for your understanding i am but a weird human creature just tryna survive HLSFJGHLNGYHFG

[my harem characters!]

« Reply #6 on: October 24, 2019, 03:29:26 AM »
YES ARGHH I LOVE HIM SO, SO, SO,,,,

> armin & axel
VERY interesting pair here! i think that they would get along pretty well, even if there might be some disagreement between them on things like the survey corps at times. armin would love to tell him about all the amazing things he's read are out there to see, if axel would be willing to listen from time to time. he would be pretty understanding of his perspectives, of course; to get along with people, you gotta be lenient on those things! armin would appreciate his commitment to doing the right thing and wanting to help others. maybe he doesn't believe that there's much to do with right and wrong, but he still respects axel for (mostly) doing as he says he will, following his code, etc. it would be SUPER neat if they'd met, YES,,, armin would definitely remember him, and having seen/experienced him being fair and balanced with the refugees, he would for sure have a strong initial respect of him. also shh don't call her out!!!! lfgsjbhg maybe a thread of their first meeting again after joining training??

> armin & ymir
ANOTHER interesting pair! armin would be a little uncertain about ymir, at first. still, he'd like to know more about her and be friends!! he might take a little bit of time to adjust to so much teasing as a friendly thing, instead of the precursor to another bullying session, but he might even try to do some 'right back atcha!'s if he adjusted enough. if she asked or he saw her struggling, he would DEFINITELY help her with writing. he would wonder about her past, maybe, but it would be pretty judgment-free coming from him. armin loves books and writing so much that he thinks it's only fair everyone gets to experience and love them, too!

> armin & eren
I KNOWWW i'm so <3 because their friendship gives me... so, so many feelings. we can DEFINITELY have them spar-but-not at some point! armin might just straight up clock him without warning if he kept giving him weak punches and clearly not doing The Most HAHAHAHA. ohhhHHH my god you REALLY hit my weakness with the nightmares thing though, that trope gives me so. SO many emotions all at once. it would kill me in REAL LIFE (in. a good way) if armin were to be the one struggling through nightmares with eren really just doing his best to quietly calm him down in the middle of the night... :sob: armin would almost feel like he doesn't even deserve to put that on him when he feels like eren has experienced SO much worse than him.

[my harem characters!]

« Reply #7 on: October 24, 2019, 01:48:43 PM »
► Armin and Marco[/url]

Spring/Summer of 846 would be ideal! As you say, they'll be comfortable with one another then but there's still room for more development. I look forward to the starter, though there's no rush and no pressure! <3 I am also a fellow weird human creature, one who is only just managing to survive, haha. I feel ya. XD

(avatar art credit)

« Reply #8 on: October 24, 2019, 11:23:22 PM »
Armin & Axel
Y e s. Axel is definitely brought up to look after and protect others and he's honestly got real mixed feelings about Wall Maria evacuees ending up in the cadets - more so if they're conscripted ofc. Being in the military is important! But if they don't want to be there what use will they be? He honestly wants to be the best he can be and if the outside sounds promising then sure he'll support the idea of finding out what's out there - though it'd definitely take him time to accept the idea too because?? Outside?? Forbidden??? Definitely down for that second meeting once they're cadets!

Armin & Ymir
Ymir says friends are for... well, people like Armin - kids! She def wouldn't ask but she wouldn't really hide her struggles too much either, especially because Most people would ignore it or not bother with her over it (other than instructors ofc, though they might also put it down to her not trying or anything). Armin is so so so gooood.

Armin & Eren
CLOCK HIM ONE, ARMIN. EVERYBODY IS EGGING YOU ON. Eren sneaking into Armin's bunk to whisper to him that it's okay and that he's there. Eren waking him up (in a not so gentle way) so he's taken out of them quicker. Eren preparing stuff the night before so he has an easy distraction for Armin if he wakes up in the night. Eren DOING EVERYTHING HE CAN TO MAKE ARMIN COMFORTABLE. Eren sneaking things under Armin's pillow before lights out so if he wakes up and Eren isn't up then he can check under his pillow for little notes or, more likely, shoddy doodles to make him smile. Eren trying to find something he can give Armin to help better at night but he doesn't HAVE anything to give so he starts trying to trade up with other cadets to find him something - and then ending up just balling up a shirt for him instead and just "I know you don't need something to cuddle like a little kid but you can, I don't know, pretend it's a Titan's head to squeeze dead or hold it like... I... Look just see if it helps!" Because Emotions Are Hard.

Axel | Claude | Damien | ErenGustav | Gunther | Kade | Mara | Nack | Quirin | Ymir

« Reply #9 on: October 25, 2019, 02:14:05 AM »
> armin & axel
aWWW the idea of him coming around on the outside is SOOO good. armin would appreciate the sympathy for the refugees in the military, even if HE did still come by choice. i'm SO :sob: LIKE I WANT TO DO ALL THE PLOTS BUT MY LOGICAL MIND IS LIKE [ellie you'll die, stop it] so i. hHRNHGGH we should pick this one up after we finish armin and eren's first thread, MAYBE?? that would work out i THINK,,,

> armin & ymir
of COURSE she'd not wanna ask... 'twas a fool! it might not bother most people, but armin is not MOST people; he's gotta at least try. he'd really do his best as a teacher, and that's all one can ask for!! this one... HRMMM,,, geez louise scheduling things is difficult idk when to say we should pick this up but. when the time feels right i fuckin guess lmfao,,,,

> armin & eren
JUST DO IT!!!! oh N   O bruh i. catch me cryin in the CLUB. this is so good i hurt from angst but my heart threatens to E X P LODE when it's sad AND S O  F T... even though he might be a little :/ about feeling babied and all on top of the residual guilt, armin would still VERY MUCH appreciate all those gestures. even if something didn't REALLY work, he'd still hold it dear for the effort alone. i'm a Foolish Fool but i want this so bad that i MIGHT JUST... YOU KNOW... GO AHEAD AND WRITE A STARTERRR,,

[my harem characters!]

« Reply #10 on: October 25, 2019, 11:24:51 PM »
f o u r

Armin & Axel
That works out!! At our current pace I'm sure we'll get that thread done in no time, and probably this one before their friendship (or lack of, depending on how it goes - acquaintanceship?) is needed with the events of Utopia (titans make the best distractions).

Armin & Ymir
Noted down! We can do it whenever you feel up to it XD and yess. gimme smol teacher armin dealing with the world's WORST student Ymir until she realises that it probably will benefit her better in the long run

Armin & Eren
We can totally do it where eventually Armin gets to Pay Him Back by comforting Eren after one of HIS nightmares and then they'll be all fair and square though Eren says he does Not want fuss. GO AHEAD> I look forward to the starter muahaha. is that four just between us now? :think:

« Reply #11 on: December 18, 2019, 01:28:43 PM »
Armin & Bertholdt

So aside from the elephant in the room (no pun intended), these two have a lot of similarities, but also many differences. When it comes to action in the field, Bertholdt is a very useful character, while Armin is quite lacking in that field. However, Armin is great at planning and thinking on the fly, something Bertholdt seems to have no capability of. Despite that, both are very intelligent, and would make good companions, both in terms of their meek personalities, and the shared sense of being in the shadow of a friend.

I can think of multiple plots they could be a part of together, whether having a study session as cadets, helping one another with their shortcomings on the battlefield, or even just talking in the barracks. Armin seems like the kind of friend Bertholdt can relax around, but also stay heavily on guard, not wanting the blonde to figure out anything with his wicked wit! I look forward to plotting with the bowl-cut king!

« Reply #12 on: February 19, 2020, 12:46:19 AM »
I'm sorry it took me so long to get here!

Mercedes and Armin
There is absolutely no pressure whatsoever to thread these two, as my ideas are pleasantly vague and limited to "study buddies" (I feel like a lot of 'Cee's threads have been centering on physical activity and want to branch out a little more) or "let me stick up for you", but admittedly I just love Armin and I love you so HERE WE ARE.

Mercedes Carello | Tamsin Spiegel | Miranda Carlstedt-Gaus 
Julia Carello | Minister Siegfried JusticaMinister Saul Holloway | Alein Valdeze | Meera Valdeze

Tags:

* Tagbox

Refresh History

* Credits

Site banner, advert image and affiliate button created by Moon Child

Reluctant Heroes is in no way affiliated with Shingeki no Kyojin, Attack on Titan or Funimation and we give full credit to Hajime Isayama. Copyrights and trademarks for the manga and anime are held by their respective owners while all original content remains the property of the individual writers and artists.

We are grateful to former staff member Artsy for her creative input.