* Who's Online

• Dot Guests: 76
  • Dot Hidden: 0
  • Dot Users: 0

There aren't any users online.

* Wanted

* Chatbox

Refresh History
  • Quiet: LOL he is for sure doing more with his life than I was when I was 16.
    March 24, 2020, 06:17:53 PM
  • Yuri Aximand: I believe in him!
    March 24, 2020, 05:03:42 PM
  • Yuri Aximand: Arkin can do it!
    March 24, 2020, 05:03:38 PM
  • Quiet: He's got it together pretty good for a 16ish year old....but this is A LOT!!!!
    March 24, 2020, 01:59:42 AM
  • Quiet: Poor Arkin just wants an adult lol.
    March 24, 2020, 01:55:38 AM
  • Yuri Aximand: hey :)
    March 23, 2020, 05:38:48 PM
  • Arkin Holt: How is everyone doing? Everyone doing okay? It's a hard and scary time for sure.
    March 22, 2020, 08:22:54 PM
  • Arkin Holt: Sounds good to me!!
    March 22, 2020, 05:31:34 PM
  • Michelle Whitaker: We can end the thread there if you want Hubert, it seems like a good place :)
    March 22, 2020, 05:22:34 PM
  • Michelle Whitaker: VERY!!!!
    March 19, 2020, 10:45:09 PM
  • Arkin Holt: Re Michelle: Rico IS scary lol!
    March 19, 2020, 10:26:26 PM
  • Quiet: Hope everyone is keeing well in this less than ideal situation!
    March 19, 2020, 03:35:03 PM
  • Mercedes Carello: She really is! <3
    March 19, 2020, 01:37:15 AM
  • Webs: ;) Mara is the light from stars. a dead star still projecting from light years away
    March 18, 2020, 06:53:44 PM
  • Michelle Whitaker: hi
    March 12, 2020, 02:04:20 PM
  • Quiet: Whenever I see a Mara post I get happy and then very sad lol.
    March 11, 2020, 09:39:05 PM
  • Quiet: Happy Birthday Ian!!!! <3
    March 10, 2020, 05:35:10 PM
  • HiddenBaroness: Hope everyone has a great week! <3
    March 09, 2020, 04:31:57 PM
  • Webs: Hope everyone is having a great March so far!
    March 06, 2020, 02:55:24 PM
  • Arkin Holt: Hey y'all!
    March 05, 2020, 11:39:49 PM

* Directories

RPG-DRPG Initiative

Author Topic: Discord at Dusk  (Read 165 times)

Discord at Dusk
« on: January 13, 2020, 02:22:56 AM »
{Late August 846}

Amanda wandered the quiet streets of the Stohess District as the sun dipped below the early evening horizon. She tugged her new jacket with the wings of freedom on the back into place proudly as she wandered about. It had been a while since she had felt a feeling of optimism, but committing to the scouting legion gave her a sense of freedom that seemed long dead in the blonde female.

She found a place to sit, facing the setting sun on a park bench. If the city was settled, the park was even more so. The trees gently swayed with the wind as the familiar wilderness scent filled her senses. It made her happy to remember, but also a little bit sad that she was still stuck in a cage. A series of walls… and it felt like nothing could be worse than being caged in. This gave a brief moment of release from that.

There was still a lot going on in the walls. She couldn’t ignore the pressing feeling that she had over all of the tragedy being faced as she entered into the fray. She’d be going on her first expedition soon, and she’s been cautioned that this is usually when fledgling scouts die. The titans still terrified her, but… it was face them head on with new knowledge and strength behind her, or die trying at this point.

She blinked. She’d been so lost in thought that she hadn’t noticed an MP in the corner area of the park. When did they appear? Had they always been there and she hadn’t taken notice?
In any case, maybe she should put her disdain for the military police behind her. She was no longer a thief fighting to survive, she was a soldier, a sister in arms with them. She gave a small sigh and waved at the MP, who appeared to have noticed her existence in the park as well.

What could it hurt to be friendly?

Re: Discord at Dusk
« Reply #1 on: January 13, 2020, 03:06:04 AM »
Faolán was BORED. He loved and hated patrols along Stoehess' outer ridge; the birds were slowly calming down for the night and the world around him was starting to grow quiet. His hair seemed to glow in the setting sun, it's rays lighting up the orange hue. Silver eyes seemed to focus on the lone person- was that a scout? Ugh. Faolán couldn't help the sneer that started to appear on his lips as he closed the distance between them.

Faolán reached up and fixed the black leather gloves that covered his hand. "So-" He drawled, coming closer and looking far from impressed at the scout. "What is an all glorious scout doing here? Aren't you supposed to be with your buddies?" He let his somewhat uninterested gaze roam over the woman before him. She was pretty- a shame she's titan fodder.

« Reply #2 on: January 14, 2020, 12:01:32 AM »
Amanda felt her jaw drop just a bit. This guy was not going to be the one to break her disdain of the military police, apparently. All glorious?

Her eyes narrowed at the man in front of her. He was about as tall as Captain Levi, and she wondered idly if it was a thing for short men to also have short tempers… she just waved at him, its not like she was doing anything… rash.

“All glorious? Shit boy, you know how to hype a lady up,” she leaned back on the bench and crossed her arms, looking him over a bit more. Orange hair looked like fire in the setting sun and he had intense grey eyes that weren’t hard to look at. “And I don’t make friends easily, so no, I’m not supposed to be with my ‘buddies.’”

She looked around behind him. “What about you? Don’t you MPs travel in pairs? You know, like, in case there’s any evil afoot in a fucking park?”

« Reply #3 on: January 18, 2020, 11:33:05 PM »
"You're a scout, you tend to travel in packs of like five each normally." An orange brow was raised in a mocking manner as he placed a hand on his hip. Why was this one so difficult? What were they doing all the way out here in the middle of nowhere. "My partner is somewhere, Most likely a bar." Faloan gave a shrug of his shoulders and sighed.

"Look, This park isn't exactly known for being a terrible shit hole, surprisingly it's one of the nicer ones." But that doesn't mean shit to them, anything could happen and Fal was a bit too relaxed in his worry. He scratched the back of his neck before rolling his eyes and taking a step back.

« Reply #4 on: January 19, 2020, 01:00:50 AM »
Amanda’s gaze flickered to the side a bit. “Yeah, well… Not me. I’d rather not get attached.” She tried not to make that sound sad, but… it did by default. But the last thing she needed is flame boy here thinking she needed a hug or some shit.

She sat up straight and stared him down again, meeting his stormy eyes as the light from the sun died behind him.

She noticed him scratch his neck. Was he nervous? Even after admitting that the park wasn’t dangerous? The moon started to peek through the trees and painted everything silver, making her blonde hair stand out in the darkness.

“Bars not your thing, then?” she asked, backing off of her mean front. It was nice to actually talk to someone… even if he was a bit feisty.

* Tagbox

Refresh History

* Credits

Site banner, advert image and affiliate button created by Moon Child

Reluctant Heroes is in no way affiliated with Shingeki no Kyojin, Attack on Titan or Funimation and we give full credit to Hajime Isayama. Copyrights and trademarks for the manga and anime are held by their respective owners while all original content remains the property of the individual writers and artists.

We are grateful to former staff member Artsy for her creative input.