* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Statistics

* Season

Season 2

* Who's Online

• Dot Guests: 50
  • Dot Hidden: 0
  • Dot Users: 4
  • Dot Users Online:

* Wanted

* Chatbox

Refresh History
  • Draco: Definitely! I'm loving stalking every single reply going by
    Today at 06:16:20 PM
  • QuietCelt: Great writing all around.  :D :D
    Today at 05:24:16 PM
  • QuietCelt: Everyone is doing such a great job with their posting!
    Today at 05:23:57 PM
  • Draco: He could take care of himself and he had the budding emotional trauma to prove it! <3 it's beautiful
    Today at 01:59:35 PM
  • Puffin: That Bert starter is wonderful, Drew! <3
    Today at 08:23:59 AM
  • Kaori: Night!
    Today at 02:45:45 AM
  • QuietCelt: Well I'm old so I'm going to bed. Night all!
    Today at 02:45:26 AM
  • QuietCelt: Awwww. Just give it more time. Sometimes characters are a hit right off the bat and sometimes they take a little time. One is not better than the other. All good. No stress. No worries.
    Today at 02:43:00 AM
  • Kaori: Its just Arkin and squad Dita if those guys ever get taken
    Today at 02:42:42 AM
  • Kaori: Luke isnt popular IC either, from the way I wrote him
    Today at 02:42:19 AM
  • Kaori: The arkin thread is his first thread with an actual reply tbh
    Today at 02:41:10 AM
  • Kaori: Lol
    Today at 02:40:46 AM
  • Kaori: Luke isnt actually very popular to rp with here
    Today at 02:40:42 AM
  • QuietCelt: Like Luke. People are drawn to Luke because they know he will be kind and listen and help.
    Today at 02:39:35 AM
  • QuietCelt: He's nice. People are drawn to niceness. And he has a skill that people need.
    Today at 02:39:17 AM
  • Kaori: Arkin is quite popular, it would seem
    Today at 02:38:02 AM
  • Kaori: Yeah
    Today at 02:37:43 AM
  • QuietCelt: The animation is beautiful.
    Today at 02:32:36 AM
  • QuietCelt: I'm not super familiar with Ancient Magus Bride. I've seen most of the episodes though. But Lindel IS great and I also like Shannon and Shanahan.
    Today at 02:31:11 AM
  • Kaori: Lindel is great
    Today at 02:29:36 AM

* Our Server

* Directories

RPG-DRPG Initiative

Author Topic: What's So Funny? (backdated to Spring 845, OPEN)  (Read 594 times)

What's So Funny? (backdated to Spring 845, OPEN)
« on: August 07, 2017, 04:48:32 AM »
 Hilda’s grandfather always said that one could get used to anything- even hanging. She wasn’t so sure that was true. Even though it was only a few weeks since training began, she wasn’t sure she could ever get used to life as a cadet. Getting up so early, the exhausting training that left her sore at the end of the day, struggling to keep up with everyone else and not being allowed to slack off for even a second. At this point, being subject to a hanging didn’t look so bad in comparison, she thought wryly.

It was the end of training for the day, and Hilda was dripping with sweat and sore as ever, feeling as if even her eyelashes ached. But even the fact that she ached all over wasn’t at the forefront of her mind. She was too thirsty to even think about anything but making it to the nearest well and getting some much-needed water. Exhausted, she staggered to the well and got some water. Though she had once complained that the water from the well at home was much better, nothing ever tasted so good or refreshing to her as this water did right then.

She heard some snickering behind her from the group of cadets behind her, waiting to get some water themselves and shook her head, confused and embarrassed- they seemed to be laughing at her. She walked off to the side and took her uniform jacket off to examine it for any possible “Kick Me” signs- she’d seen it happen once to a classmate at school last year- but there was none. Maybe her hair looked stupid. Maybe she stepped in horse dung- she checked her boots, but they were thankfully free of anything but a little dirt.

Or maybe it was the crimson stain on the back of her light-colored uniform pants, unbeknownst to Hilda. She then noticed someone standing right behind her, gaping as if not knowing what to say. She whirled around to face them.

“What’s wrong?” she blurted out, confused. “Why is everyone laughing at me?”

Re: What's So Funny? (backdated to Spring 845, OPEN)
« Reply #1 on: December 12, 2017, 02:53:59 AM »
Armin was a young boy with a wide knowledge of a variety of things, knowledge was power... And everyone said Armin was a good leader, though he didn't see what they meant. He wasn't good at confrontations. He wasn't food with first introductions. He didn't have many people skills at all. So when he happened to glance down at what other people were pointing out, he flushed a bright pink, letting out a small sound of shock, doubly surprised when the young woman whipped around and demanded what was wrong.

"... You uh..." He bit his lip, leaning in and speaking softer, "I think you've bled through your pants..."

« Reply #2 on: December 16, 2017, 07:27:56 AM »
Hilda's mouth gaped open in disbelief upon hearing Armin's words. Blood? On her pants? Her face burned with embarrassment. Unable to speak for a moment, she quickly removed her uniform jacket and tied it around her hips, silently cursing the uniform pants. Why couldn't they wear black pants?

"Oh... I must have... sat in some paint." she lied, though she knew as soon as she spoke that it wasn't a very good lie. Of course the person she had to ask why everyone was laughing would be a boy. A girl... well, if this was what she thought it was, girls might at least understand, it was less embarrassing with them. Maybe she could ask a girl what to do, but what would a boy know? At least Armin didn't seem like the sort of boy who would make fun of her about this.

If this hadn't been her first period, she would have gone straight to the girls' barracks to deal with the matter, but it wasn't, and she didn't know what to do. She supposed a nurse might know what she should do.  Unfortunately, she couldn't remember where the infirmary was. She'd only been there once in her time here so far.

"Do you by any chance know where the infirmary is?" she asked, her face a bright pink all over. "I... ah, think I sprained my wrist, but I should check to make sure it's not something worse."

« Reply #3 on: December 16, 2017, 02:03:29 PM »
Armin was no idiot. He knew very well the difference between a paint stain and a blood stain... since most of the teenage cadets would often complain about the light colored pants. Mikasa had informed him some as well, so the flustered boy simply played along, not wanting to embarass Hilda further. He was glad he was not a woman.

The blonde boy started walking, guesturing for Hilda to follow, trying to think of something they could talk about to take ghe poor girl’s mind off of it... as well as his own. ”I’m Armin,” came his soft introduction, ”I just came from ballistics training, can bardly hear a thing.” He joked lightly.

« Reply #4 on: December 18, 2017, 05:50:20 AM »
Hilda followed Armin towards the infirmary, now walking with a strange gait due to her awareness of the blood stain on the seat of her pants, though it was now hidden by her jacket. Her lips turned up in a faint smile at the other cadet's joke.

"I'm Hilda." she said. Still a little embarrassed due to her situation there was a brief awkward silence before she spoke again. "You're a first year, too, right?" She was pretty sure she recognized him as being in a few classes with her.

« Reply #5 on: December 20, 2017, 01:09:39 AM »
The young teen was happy for the mood shift, feeling a little warmer inside at the fact he had possibly saved this person from some pretty heavy embarassemt. Perhaps this would be some sort of new friend? During his first few days here in the training corps, he had been surprised to find so many people who were ... nice. Too many to count, though of course none of them would be as close as Eren and Mikasa were with him, they were still good friends. ”Uh, yeah. Guess us first years are drawn to eachother.” he said innocnelty, brushing some stray strands of blonde hair behind his ears once more. He offered a brighter smile to Hilda, tilting his head curiously.

”So, what regiment are you planning on joining? It’s a long way off but some people came here knowing what they want.”

« Reply #6 on: December 28, 2017, 05:39:44 AM »
"It does seem that way." Hilda commented, laughing a little. She hadn't met too many of the second or third-year cadets yet. As they only shared classes with those of the same year, she supposed that it was only natural that cadets of the same year tended to gravitate towards their peers, unless they knew a cadet of a different year beforehand.

"I haven't really given much thought to regiments just yet." she admitted, adjusting her jacket to better hide the stain. After all, prior to the conscription, the thought of going into the military at all hadn't crossed her mind for even a second. "My main focus right now has been surviving training. But I guess right now I'm leaning towards the Garrison. What about you?"

Though she didn't always listen to her parents, she was taking their suggestion that she go into the Garrison into account. On what she'd learned so far about the regiments, it seemed to make the most sense for her right now.

« Reply #7 on: December 29, 2017, 05:07:04 AM »
Armin nodded at her, and then rubbed his neck as she shot the question back. ”Ah, the Scouts. I have... complicated reasons, but that’s why I’m here.” He guestured around him, scoffing under his breath, ”Flunking physical exams and having to tutor people on math... I’ve heard things only get harder, so I guess it’s a good thing I came with friends who know the other side so well.”

”Garrison makes sense though. Lots of people are shooting for the MP but... Well it’s ideal to many, even though the higher ups there are dicks, meanwhile the scouts is pretty much signing on your own funeral notice.”

« Reply #8 on: January 01, 2018, 02:53:46 AM »
Hilda wasn't blessed with social skills, but she sometimes learned from trial and error. Often a lot of error. And while she was curious to know what those complicated reasons for wanting to join the Scouts were, her past errors taught her that 'complicated reasons' was probably Armin's way of saying he didn't want to talk about his reasons. "So I'm guessing you chose to come here instead of being conscripted?" she asked. "What do you mean by the other side?"

"I don't know much about the higher ups in the MP, but I admit I never really considered it either way, mostly because I guess making the top ten probably isn't going to happen for me." she shrugged. It did seem more glamorous than the other regiments, and Hilda was quite fond of nice things and glamour, but the top ten was a really high bar to clear- at this point making it to graduation alive was her main priority, and anything better than that would be icing on the cake.

« Reply #9 on: January 01, 2018, 07:00:50 PM »
Armin nodded when Hilda asked if he had come by choice, and then flushed when she inquired about ‘ the other side’. ”Y’know... strong? Passionate about fighting? THat kind of thing. Real soldier personalities.” he explained briefly, and let out a thoughtful hum when she mentioned not being able to reach the top ten.

”It’s a very high trial task to make top ten, it’s better to be prepared for Garrison with that logic.” He added his agreement, wondering just who among the people he knew had a shot... Yimr and Mikasa for sure, those two had nothing but talent and a personality of a mean blank slate.

« Reply #10 on: January 04, 2018, 06:41:22 AM »
"Ah, I get it." Hilda nodded. She supposed he meant his friends were good at the fighting-oriented aspects of training, like hand-to-hand, or 3DMG training.

"Hm, yeah." she murmured. "It seems like hardly anyone is aiming for the Garrison, but I guess it makes the most sense for me. " She supposed though few cadets were aiming for it, that that's probably where most of them were going to end up.

* Tagbox

Refresh History

* Credits

Site banner, advert image and affiliate button created by Moon Child

Reluctant Heroes is in no way affiliated with Shingeki no Kyojin, Attack on Titan or Funimation and we give full credit to Hajime Isayama. Copyrights and trademarks for the manga and anime are held by their respective owners while all original content remains the property of the individual writers and artists.