• Webs: i feel you!
    Today at 02:38:49 AM
  • Quiet: I'm still not okay lol
    Today at 01:10:06 AM
  • Puffin: Right?! It was a wild ride!
    December 06, 2019, 11:16:31 AM
  • Webs: yessss
    December 05, 2019, 09:05:01 PM
  • Quiet: This new chapter y'alllllllllll!!!!!!
    December 05, 2019, 05:31:10 PM
  • Javier Renée: Very nice! Reminds me of Rue, from the Hunger Games haha
    December 04, 2019, 02:36:12 AM
  • Mercedes Carello: I love the name Ruth for some reason!
    December 02, 2019, 04:38:42 PM
  • Puffin: Ruuuuuth! <3 <3
    December 02, 2019, 12:05:12 PM
  • Webs: thanks! inspired by Jonah ^^
    December 02, 2019, 01:34:04 AM
  • Quiet: Cool idea about the families Webs!
    December 02, 2019, 01:18:44 AM
  • Webs: yessss
    December 02, 2019, 12:40:52 AM
  • Quiet: Ruth meet Eld. Eld...this is Ruth.  <3 <3 <3
    December 02, 2019, 12:32:34 AM
  • Quiet: Cheers mate!
    December 02, 2019, 12:03:37 AM
  • Puffin: Nothing in particular, I leave her in your capable hands! I look forward to seeing what you do with her, and to all the plotting of course. :D <3
    December 02, 2019, 12:00:31 AM
  • Quiet: I'll take her. I already have a semi-okay backstory that would work. Please let me know if there is anything you need/want in her bio.
    December 01, 2019, 11:50:42 PM
  • Puffin: That would actually be amazing, Quiet!! <3
    December 01, 2019, 11:44:35 PM
  • Rosebelle Renée: Do it!
    December 01, 2019, 11:23:17 PM
  • Quiet: Should I take Eld's fiance? I think I should take Eld's fiance.
    December 01, 2019, 10:30:57 PM
  • HiddenBaroness: Keep safe if y'all are!
    December 01, 2019, 03:51:26 PM

* Directories

RPG-DRPG Initiative

Author Topic: Fear Inoculum. [Eren]  (Read 47 times)

Fear Inoculum. [Eren]
« on: November 16, 2019, 10:42:55 PM »
[ year 845 ]

Before the world ended, Armin dreamed in color, of places he'd never seen and people he'd never met. He saw life breathed into the illustrations of his grandfather's book, its inkstrokes reborn into perfect color and bathed in light. The light would catch on water that stretched beyond the horizon, glittering with its invitation. Those dreams had been so kind to him, back then.

Now, he saw the ocean before him and its beckoning was unkind. The sun was gone, and the starless sky turned the water inky black. Armin didn't want to walk in, but he was doing it anyway, every choice out of his control as his feet carried him towards the edge. The seafoam looked filthy, a reddish tinge of rust around it. When he stepped into the water, it was warm. It was alive. Pulling him closer, further out, till his toes couldn't touch the bottom anymore. Something brushed against his leg and his eyes turned towards the shore, only to see that it didn't exist anymore. There was only ocean and darkness. When something wrapped around his ankle to pull him beneath the surface, his panic made him thrash. He desperately tried to keep himself afloat, choking on the sharp iron taste of water- no, blood- trying to find its way into his throat.

Armin was screaming, he knew he was. But he couldn't hear it. There was no sound, and everything was still silent when he was tugged all the way down to the ocean floor. He could see nothing through the murkiness. It was quiet, even as he kept trying to shout and scramble away. It wasn't real. He knew it wasn't. And this was nothing compared to the hell that came to him some nights, he should be grateful that he was just drowning.

Re: Fear Inoculum. [Eren]
« Reply #1 on: December 03, 2019, 01:44:13 AM »
Sleep did not come easily. Eren wasn't sure when he'd last had a sound sleep throughout the night - exhaustion helped little. Between the snoring and shuffling and groaning of the other bunks against his own nightmares, he struggled to sleep more than a few hours at a time. Disturbances, of all kinds, kept him on the edge of tiredness and clawed him awake multiple times each night. The nightmares were the worst, and usually began as dreams, lulling him in, false security tricking him.

Tonight, he woke to a sound he knew was familiar, but couldn't quite place. Thrashing sheets, wheezing breath... still half-asleep, he delayed investigating until it clicked. Too late, too slow; because Armin was screaming. Whether the others were woken by it or not he didn't care.

He clumsily rolled off of the top bunk, hitting his knee sharp against the wood in the process, landing on his ankle haphazardly to boot. The aches didn't matter, scrambling instead to focus on his friend. "Armin... Armin, it's okay," he whispered, leaning in to grab at the sheet, pulling it back and away so he didn't end up tying himself up. "I'm here - it's safe. You're safe. Wake up... wake up, I'm here, I'm right with you. It's okay, Armin."

Tags:

* Tagbox

Refresh History
  • Kaien Engelbrecht: Reply for Shay! [link]
    December 05, 2019, 07:38:34 PM
  • Marco Bott: Reply for Jean! [link]
    December 05, 2019, 02:34:49 PM
  • Jarek Valdeze: Reply for Quirin! [link]
    December 05, 2019, 12:26:02 PM
  • Marco Bott: Reply for Jean! [link]
    December 04, 2019, 11:11:35 PM
  • Javier Renée: Javier jumping in on the ODM Aptitude Test with Mara, Struna, Mercedes, and Elenor! [link]
    December 04, 2019, 01:54:38 AM
  • Webs: Claude for Battlefield Medics 2 (Bertholdt, Darcy, Eelja, Mina, Mercedes) [link]
    December 03, 2019, 09:49:51 PM
  • Marco Bott: Reply in the Winter Aptitude Test for Jean, Eren and Javier! [link]
    December 03, 2019, 06:35:39 PM
  • Marco Bott: Reply for Kaien! [link]
    December 02, 2019, 11:56:59 PM
  • Jarek Valdeze: Reply for Kaien! [link]
    December 02, 2019, 12:29:29 PM
  • Javier Renée: Javier is joining up with Eren, Marco, and Jean for the Winter Aptitude Test! [link]
    December 02, 2019, 02:08:41 AM

* Credits

Site banner, advert image and affiliate button created by Moon Child

Reluctant Heroes is in no way affiliated with Shingeki no Kyojin, Attack on Titan or Funimation and we give full credit to Hajime Isayama. Copyrights and trademarks for the manga and anime are held by their respective owners while all original content remains the property of the individual writers and artists.

We are grateful to former staff member Artsy for her creative input.