• Dot Users Online:

* Wanted

* Chatbox

Refresh History
  • Webs: I love it!!
    Today at 12:58:13 AM
  • Webs: omg
    Today at 12:58:08 AM
  • Quiet: Gunther and Tabby are Mando and Baby Yoda lol.
    December 07, 2019, 10:00:35 PM
  • Quiet: Happy Birthday Rico!!
    December 07, 2019, 09:36:19 PM
  • Webs: kind of reeling XD
    December 07, 2019, 02:38:54 AM
  • Webs: i feel you!
    December 07, 2019, 02:38:49 AM
  • Quiet: I'm still not okay lol
    December 07, 2019, 01:10:06 AM
  • Puffin: Right?! It was a wild ride!
    December 06, 2019, 11:16:31 AM
  • Webs: yessss
    December 05, 2019, 09:05:01 PM
  • Quiet: This new chapter y'alllllllllll!!!!!!
    December 05, 2019, 05:31:10 PM
  • Javier Renée: Very nice! Reminds me of Rue, from the Hunger Games haha
    December 04, 2019, 02:36:12 AM
  • Mercedes Carello: I love the name Ruth for some reason!
    December 02, 2019, 04:38:42 PM
  • Puffin: Ruuuuuth! <3 <3
    December 02, 2019, 12:05:12 PM
  • Webs: thanks! inspired by Jonah ^^
    December 02, 2019, 01:34:04 AM
  • Quiet: Cool idea about the families Webs!
    December 02, 2019, 01:18:44 AM
  • Webs: yessss
    December 02, 2019, 12:40:52 AM
  • Quiet: Ruth meet Eld. Eld...this is Ruth.  <3 <3 <3
    December 02, 2019, 12:32:34 AM
  • Quiet: Cheers mate!
    December 02, 2019, 12:03:37 AM
  • Puffin: Nothing in particular, I leave her in your capable hands! I look forward to seeing what you do with her, and to all the plotting of course. :D <3
    December 02, 2019, 12:00:31 AM
  • Quiet: I'll take her. I already have a semi-okay backstory that would work. Please let me know if there is anything you need/want in her bio.
    December 01, 2019, 11:50:42 PM

* Directories

RPG-DRPG Initiative

Author Topic: [EVENT] Team Eight: Battlefield Medics 2 [Assault on Utopia]  (Read 178 times)

Team Eight: Battlefield Medics 2 [Assault on Utopia]
« on: November 17, 2019, 04:40:33 PM »
Characters involved (this is not a posting order):

• Bertholdt Hoover - 4/4 pairs of blades remaining; 88% gas remaining
  • Claude Larsen - 4/4 pairs of blades remaining; 91% gas remaining
  • Darcy-Jo Windsor - 4/4 pairs of blades remaining; 89% gas remaining
  • Eelja Fythan - 4/4 pairs of blades remaining; 88% gas remaining
  • Mina Carolina - 4/4 pairs of blades remaining; 91% gas remaining
  • Mercedes Carello - 4/4 pairs of blades remaining; 89% gas remaining

As the cadets, instructors and other military personnel mobilise, it immediately becomes apparent that the inner gate of Utopia District - the very one that will allow the civilians to evacuate swiftly and safely - has also been tampered with.  It is locked closed and Garrison members are currently working to restore the mechanism.

Charged with the task of providing first aid to all other teams, this squad will move throughout Utopia - the direction and speed of their travel to be decided amongst themselves - with the intention of tending to injured soldiers and even civilians.  Each squad member is carrying medical supplies in a backpack, which adds a little to their weight and restricts their manoeuvrability to some degree.

Failure to meet their objective will compromise the efforts of all other teams (and may lead to fatalities) and could potentially result in the loss of Utopia, as well as a catastrophic number of civilian casualties.

As this is a site-wide plot, the NPC account may occasionally feature in the thread, acting as a checkpoint and controlling non-player characters.

In order to keep the storylines moving forward, the posting orders do not need to be maintained, and participants are instead invited to post whenever time and muse permits. « Last Edit: November 27, 2019, 12:32:21 AM by Webs »

Re: Team Eight: Battlefield Medics 2 [Assault on Utopia]
« Reply #1 on: November 17, 2019, 10:01:32 PM »
Mina’s hands shook as she was handed the backpack - filled with medical supplies that she was to use to aid the injured. Her legs were locked to keep the rest of her body from trembling as she listened to the officer - a tall woman with kind eyes who already looked exhausted - describe what had happened and what was expected of the cadets gathered together.

It was a blur of information, Utopia had fallen...the gates were not functioning...civilians and soldiers alike would need medical attention and assistance getting to safety. Mina and the other cadets were being tasked to supply medical aid to those who needed it. Never in her life had Mina been given such an important task and she prayed to whoever was listening that she would be able to be of help to at least a few people. Honestly - Mina felt like she was going to throw up and had to blink back tears. She looked around at the others and wondered what they were thinking.

The pack felt heavy as Mina shifted it to her back. Heavier than it probably actually was. Her mind ran wild with what types of injuries they would encounter and another wave of nausea washed over her. She bit the inside of her cheek to give herself something to focus on for a moment and then forced herself to speak, "You can count on us ma'am!" Mina hoped she sounded confident. She was not. Not at all.

"We can do this," Mina said as the group headed out, running because there was no time to waste. "We don't have a choice," she added under her breath. By the Walls...what awaited them?

“Kindness begins with the understanding that we all struggle.”

« Reply #2 on: November 27, 2019, 04:26:01 PM »
Mercedes felt buoyed up by the importance of the task at hand -- her back straightened, her muscles tensed in readiness, her mind began to rush. As the officer moved away to the haphazardly-arranged treatment zone where the injured were already trickling in, Mercedes assessed the immediate goal. There'd be little information about the movements of the other teams -- especially Team Five, the other battlefield medics -- but she'd worked with less information before. The composition of her own team would be the most vital factor. A strategy began to fall into place in her mind's eye.

Mercedes hefted the pack she'd been given and decided to wear it backwards, with the main weight on her chest, for better balance. She turned south and spotted Mina already ahead, not so much taking the lead but simply being the first to swallow the fear and go.

Good, we have Mina. I can count on Mina. Mercedes saw Claude next and felt a twinge of anxiety, but smiled at her. She then looked at the others: Eelja, Bertholdt, Darcy. The strategy began to refine.

Mercedes started to jog after Mina, and could see not far from base camp was the mouth of the street and a crossroads. The ground shook from distant Titan travel and crumbling buildings. She could hear screaming and directives mingling with the dust.

She raised her voice, "Do we have a plan? I think we should stay on the ground wherever possible -- we'll miss more people in the air and we need to conserve gas. I'll try to do the bulk of the killing if we absolutely have to." « Last Edit: November 27, 2019, 10:43:48 PM by Mercedes Carello »

“I’m surrounded by the past and it is demanding something from me.”

~ Anna Akhmatova

« Reply #3 on: December 01, 2019, 02:45:49 AM »
 Bertholdt was having trouble keeping his composure as the commanding officer gave out the instructions to his team. How... how was the wall open? Bertholdt definitely didn’t open it, and he would’ve known if one of his secret companions had. Maybe... maybe one of the others... no Bertholdt would know, they’d have told him, right? Unless there was someone else they didn’t know of who would do this.

He fumbled with his medical pack, mind racing, and struggled to pull it over his shoulder. Mercedes and Mina both spoke, with the former announcing a specific plan for what to do. "Good idea, if we run out of gas it’s over. Conservation is key." he agreed with Mercedes, fastening the straps on his backpack. Looking around, he took note of his fellow team members, notably Mina, who had joined him in the winter Aptitude test earlier in their time as cadets.

Besides them, who else was he meant to team with? Darcy, Claude, and Eelja. He didn’t know much of those three, and didn’t want to become attached to them as friends, but they all seemed like reliable hands when it came to their mission.

{I need to investigate the wall too, see if I can’t get to the bottom of this before anyone else does.} He thought, staring down to his boots now. Bertholdt might have been tasked with providing medical assistance to those in need throughout Utopia, but there was something much bigger going on here, and someone needed to find it out, Bertholdt just hoped he’d discover the truth first.

« Reply #4 on: December 02, 2019, 03:03:16 PM »
Darcy was trying to wrap her mind around what was happening as she and the rest of her group headed out. Their objective was to travel around the titan infested Utopia district and provide medical care to other squads around the city. Both gates had somehow been disabled, meaning titans were still coming in, and citizens were not evacuating.

She listened as Mina, Mercedes and Bartholdi spoke, and promptly agreed with their plan. ”We need to try and stay together if possible, at least in pairs if we have to split up.” Darcy added, not liking the idea of having to leave any of their group behind. If they lost each other, it’d be hard to relocate them in the chaos and titans.

She hadn’t worked with any of the members of her group before, and only knew each by there names: Mina, Mercedes, Bertholdt, Claude, and Eelja. Darcy felt strange being around people she barely knew, but tried her best to keep her focus on their job.

There were likely injured scattered all throughout Utopia, and they had limited medical supplies and no real way to transport anyone safely. They also had to worry about the titans that seemed to be everywhere. ”Where should we start?” She asked, glancing around as she continued running with them.

« Reply #5 on: December 03, 2019, 09:39:26 PM »
She didn't know what to think, or what to look at. Strapping the backpack securely, Claude stared at the ground in abject horror. Never had she imagined this to happen anywhere again. Their training had made her confident that they could take on plenty - if teenagers could learn how to fight, if they could do so well, why should the titans still be a threat? But here they were. And with such little information to go on, they didn't know what they were going into. What if it was those abnormals from Shiganshina, the ones rumours whispered about but hadn't been seen again?

"We'll... we'll be slow," she said, almost too soft to hear. "Will that be okay?" Maybe they'd be fortunate. Perhaps the military knew what they were doing better now, and hardly anyone would get any injuries at all. First they had to get over the Wall and find where to start though. Everything her squadmates said made sense, but she still feared so much. If they failed, would that hurt the other teams? She thought she'd heard the soldier say that, but everything seemed so muddled now.

Instead, she stuck by them, a little slower than the others, though not because she was usually slow. She could sprint well enough, but the load of medical supplies was a little much for her smaller frame. Swallowing some of her fears, she took a breath and looked towards each of them, until her eyes rested ahead of them. They could do this. They had to. "They'll already be fighting them back, won't they?" she finally called in answer to Darcy. "Maybe we should get close to..." The thought trailed off quickly. No. They didn't want to go right to the front. At least, she didn't. But maybe they didn't have a choice.

« Reply #6 on: December 04, 2019, 04:11:31 AM »
All he could think of was his brother. Eelja was miserably putting on his medical pack, and he couldn’t even do that in peace. He knew that his little brother, Xavier, was out there somewhere. He shouldn’t be worrying about him, after all, Xavier outperformed Eelja on a regular basis anyways, but he just couldn’t help it. The titans had entered the city, and Utopia was under siege. No, humanity was.

He finally secured the medical equipment to his back and faced the others, listening to them all speak, putting their two cents in on the situation. Finally Eelja couldn’t take simply listening anymore and he decided to speak up himself. "We aren’t going to have a choice here. If you think about it, it’s obvious where the majority of the injuries will be..." he griped, looking around at his fellow cadets. "We are gonna have to go near the gate, that’s bound to be the hotbed of casualties."

Eelja gazed at each and every one of them that he stood with, trying to figure them out. He realized that they were all trying to rationalize the situation they were in. Trying to convince themselves that everything would be alright. Someone needed to be the root lodged in reality, so it might as well be him. They were not prepared, they were not equipped, and they were not ready to face an onslaught of Titans, yet that was what they were about to do.

“I doubt we are all gonna make it, Hell, I don’t think any of us will, but there are people out there who need us...” he added, turning away from the others.

Under pressure, there was no space for mistakes, no time to adjust. All that existed in Utopia now was victory or death, with no middle ground to stand on. Eelja knew this, and he knew it was now their job to make sure the other soldiers and civilians made it out of the district alive.

* Tagbox

Refresh History

* Credits

Site banner, advert image and affiliate button created by Moon Child

Reluctant Heroes is in no way affiliated with Shingeki no Kyojin, Attack on Titan or Funimation and we give full credit to Hajime Isayama. Copyrights and trademarks for the manga and anime are held by their respective owners while all original content remains the property of the individual writers and artists.

We are grateful to former staff member Artsy for her creative input.