• Webs: i feel you!
    Today at 02:38:49 AM
  • Quiet: I'm still not okay lol
    Today at 01:10:06 AM
  • Puffin: Right?! It was a wild ride!
    December 06, 2019, 11:16:31 AM
  • Webs: yessss
    December 05, 2019, 09:05:01 PM
  • Quiet: This new chapter y'alllllllllll!!!!!!
    December 05, 2019, 05:31:10 PM
  • Javier Renée: Very nice! Reminds me of Rue, from the Hunger Games haha
    December 04, 2019, 02:36:12 AM
  • Mercedes Carello: I love the name Ruth for some reason!
    December 02, 2019, 04:38:42 PM
  • Puffin: Ruuuuuth! <3 <3
    December 02, 2019, 12:05:12 PM
  • Webs: thanks! inspired by Jonah ^^
    December 02, 2019, 01:34:04 AM
  • Quiet: Cool idea about the families Webs!
    December 02, 2019, 01:18:44 AM
  • Webs: yessss
    December 02, 2019, 12:40:52 AM
  • Quiet: Ruth meet Eld. Eld...this is Ruth.  <3 <3 <3
    December 02, 2019, 12:32:34 AM
  • Quiet: Cheers mate!
    December 02, 2019, 12:03:37 AM
  • Puffin: Nothing in particular, I leave her in your capable hands! I look forward to seeing what you do with her, and to all the plotting of course. :D <3
    December 02, 2019, 12:00:31 AM
  • Quiet: I'll take her. I already have a semi-okay backstory that would work. Please let me know if there is anything you need/want in her bio.
    December 01, 2019, 11:50:42 PM
  • Puffin: That would actually be amazing, Quiet!! <3
    December 01, 2019, 11:44:35 PM
  • Rosebelle Renée: Do it!
    December 01, 2019, 11:23:17 PM
  • Quiet: Should I take Eld's fiance? I think I should take Eld's fiance.
    December 01, 2019, 10:30:57 PM
  • HiddenBaroness: Keep safe if y'all are!
    December 01, 2019, 03:51:26 PM

* Directories

RPG-DRPG Initiative

Author Topic: Zealotry contained. [Church of the Walls]  (Read 29 times)

Zealotry contained. [Church of the Walls]
« on: December 01, 2019, 02:16:11 AM »
CHURCH of the WALLS

The Walls are sacred.
The Walls must be protected.
God gave us these Walls, we shall defend them against impurity.

OVERVIEW
Led by ministers, the Church of the Walls (alternatively known as the Order of the Walls) is a religious organisation focused on the sanctity of the three Walls and preserving them 'as God intended'. They should not be meddled with, nor marked by foul hands. The Walls give them strength, and without them the titans would surely devour humanity. Nothing is worth befouling these great structures.

PLOTS & PURPOSE
The Fall of Wall Maria would have brought both disbelievers and fresh recruits to the church, as people scrambled for something that made sense. That would protect them. There they were, the church with open arms, who denounced meddling to the Walls as the reason for the broken Wall Maria. An act of God, one that would warn against their current paths.

With ties in the royal government, the military, and the newspapers, the church has fingers across the Walls, readied to act as needed. Following Wall Maria's abandoning, they surely rebuked the Garrison for meddling with artillery and repairs, denounced the Survey Corps ever more for leaving the protection of the Walls, and sunk teeth into the Military Police and nobles to have more on their side.

Assault on Utopia will surely bring them out in their droves again, especially given this mysterious sabotage of both outer and inner gates. Preying upon the grief and mourning of families, trying to force their agenda and beliefs on others... or perhaps trying something new to garner sympathy and allies.

CHARACTERS
Minister Nick is the only named canon character so go crazy! Other ministers who try to exert influence over citizens? Nobles affiliated with the church? Soldiers who believe in the preachings of the church? Anything and everything - most will no doubt be NPCs, and we have a fair bit of freedom with them. Per spoilers, generally I highly doubt any of them Know The Truth (what's inside the Walls) other than ministers/pastors, and anything regarding their actual creation is almost definitely unknown to any but those at the very top.

My personal offering to any members of the Church of the Walls:
Quirin Drexler, asshole extraordinaire Military Police bodyguard who may well occasionally protect ministers who need it in public, a sympathiser who might be 'convinced' to 'believe'.
Gustav Volk, Garrison soldier who would be very tired of their antics and attempts to stop the military doing anything with the Walls.
Nack Tierce, cadet who would absolutely be easily dared to graffiti (through carving...) into the Wall and might be easily caught. « Last Edit: December 01, 2019, 02:17:38 AM by Webs »

Axel | Claude | ErenGustav | Gunther | Mara | Nack | Quirin | Ymir

Tags:

* Tagbox

Refresh History
  • Kaien Engelbrecht: Reply for Shay! [link]
    December 05, 2019, 07:38:34 PM
  • Marco Bott: Reply for Jean! [link]
    December 05, 2019, 02:34:49 PM
  • Jarek Valdeze: Reply for Quirin! [link]
    December 05, 2019, 12:26:02 PM
  • Marco Bott: Reply for Jean! [link]
    December 04, 2019, 11:11:35 PM
  • Javier Renée: Javier jumping in on the ODM Aptitude Test with Mara, Struna, Mercedes, and Elenor! [link]
    December 04, 2019, 01:54:38 AM
  • Webs: Claude for Battlefield Medics 2 (Bertholdt, Darcy, Eelja, Mina, Mercedes) [link]
    December 03, 2019, 09:49:51 PM
  • Marco Bott: Reply in the Winter Aptitude Test for Jean, Eren and Javier! [link]
    December 03, 2019, 06:35:39 PM
  • Marco Bott: Reply for Kaien! [link]
    December 02, 2019, 11:56:59 PM
  • Jarek Valdeze: Reply for Kaien! [link]
    December 02, 2019, 12:29:29 PM
  • Javier Renée: Javier is joining up with Eren, Marco, and Jean for the Winter Aptitude Test! [link]
    December 02, 2019, 02:08:41 AM

* Credits

Site banner, advert image and affiliate button created by Moon Child

Reluctant Heroes is in no way affiliated with Shingeki no Kyojin, Attack on Titan or Funimation and we give full credit to Hajime Isayama. Copyrights and trademarks for the manga and anime are held by their respective owners while all original content remains the property of the individual writers and artists.

We are grateful to former staff member Artsy for her creative input.