• Dot Hidden: 0
  • Dot Users: 3
  • Dot Users Online:

* Wanted

* Chatbox

Refresh History
  • Puffin: Ah, so happy you think she's a fit! :D
    June 05, 2020, 12:49:13 PM
  • Quiet: Luna Lovegood as Annie! I'm here for that.
    June 05, 2020, 12:24:04 AM
  • Quiet: Sounds like a plan! Looking forward to it. :-)
    June 04, 2020, 06:28:11 PM
  • Puffin: Long overdue, but I'll be sending you a wee message tonight! It'll be great to catch-up and plot. <3
    June 04, 2020, 06:03:07 PM
  • Puffin: Not too bad, thanks! Had a stressful few weeks with work, but finally got put on furlough yesterday, so that's a relief.
    June 04, 2020, 06:02:35 PM
  • Quiet: Can't complain! How on things on your end?
    June 04, 2020, 03:20:16 PM
  • Puffin: Hey Quiet! How's it going? You're the face claim queen, Dormer is fab! :)
    June 04, 2020, 03:19:39 PM
  • Quiet: Howdy y'all!
    June 04, 2020, 02:51:43 PM
  • Anka Rheinberger: Awww yisss!!!
    June 04, 2020, 12:17:18 AM
  • Puffin: Ruth is wonderful, Quiet!  I can't wait to plot. <3
    June 04, 2020, 12:13:55 AM
  • Rico Brzenska: Howdy y'all!
    June 03, 2020, 10:32:01 PM
  • Puffin: And happy birthday to best girl Anka! :D
    June 01, 2020, 11:28:44 PM
  • Puffin: Hey Quiet! <3 We're living in some strange times, I hope you're coping okay and that all's well in your corner of the world. I'll be in touch properly soon. :)
    June 01, 2020, 11:28:26 PM
  • Quiet: Howdy y'all. The world has gone to hell and a handbasket...but just wanted to pop in and say hi. And happy birthday Anka. Hope everyone is staying safe and making good choices.
    June 01, 2020, 11:22:43 PM
  • the dear hunter.: please i forgot i can't do multiple question marks...
    May 12, 2020, 01:28:44 AM
  • the dear hunter.: howzit???? :0
    May 12, 2020, 01:28:32 AM
  • Puffin: Quiet! I hope you're well. <3 I'm sorry to have been so absent folks, replies are coming, I promise. Stay safe, everyone. :)
    April 20, 2020, 12:02:31 PM
  • Quiet: Happy Monday y'all! Hope everyone is keeping well!
    April 06, 2020, 10:02:32 PM
  • Quiet: LOL he is for sure doing more with his life than I was when I was 16.
    March 24, 2020, 06:17:53 PM
  • Yuri Aximand: I believe in him!
    March 24, 2020, 05:03:42 PM

* Directories

RPG-DRPG Initiative

Author Topic: Freeing experiences. [Hange]  (Read 612 times)

Freeing experiences. [Hange]
« on: December 12, 2019, 03:33:34 AM »
[ early 838 ]

Gunther leaned forwards, stroking the dark mane if his steed before they headed out. Still growing used to how the Survey Corps worked, nervousness crept in his stomach and made itself comfortable. At last, the order to leave the district's gate was given, and with it came the thundering of hooves. He flicked the reins, following after the older troops out into the wilderness. The untamed. The unknown.

He weaved through some of the other soldiers to find Hange's side, her presence of some comfort. Familiar. Though the formation was almost crushed together, they were spread out enough to allow for the movement. At first, he didn't speak - the thudding of the horses' hooves drowned out the shouts ahead. Following the charge was easy though.

"Hange!" Gunther called across to her, tugging his mare closer to his former fellow cadet. "Look!" The hulking titan figures out in the barren land dotted the landscape, far from them. So many. Last expedition he hadn't seen nearly as much lingering on the horizon.

Re: Freeing experiences. [Hange]
« Reply #1 on: December 12, 2019, 04:01:14 AM »
Hange rode her creamed colored horse, looking over at the hulking titans walking in the distance, her glasses held up with some bands. “I see....I didn’t think we would see them again so soon....and so many.” She sighed. Perhaps she didn’t make the right choice doing this...there could of been any other way of proving herself...but it was too late. She was committed now.

Her former fellow cadet was a source of comfort as well...she nodded over at him, preparing for a fight with the titans. She steeled her thoughts...this wasn’t the time for them.

« Reply #2 on: December 13, 2019, 01:35:45 AM »
"Maybe they were expecting us," Gunther said uncertainly. Could the titans hear them? He assumed so, but they'd been taught that titans had few working organs. Whether they were smart enough to lay in wait for humans was unclear - they simply seemed drawn in to concentrations of people. Waiting by the gate might have even attracted them. Whatever the mystery of the titans, he knew, as they stormed towards the monsters, it didn't entirely matter. Information seemed slow and infrequent, and any advantage was welcomed, but it was the fight that they lived for. Cutting down a few more titans, just to improve their chances.

As they rode onwards, he took his grips and attached one blade, then the others, and nodded back to Hange. "I've got your back," he promised. They were almost there, orders shouted, horses pulled to the sides as their riders dismounted into a gust of gas.

« Reply #3 on: December 13, 2019, 02:01:39 AM »
Hange nodded. “Same to you.” She said. At least she had some form of friendship around. She dismounted off her horse, going off the Titans...having an odd hope that she would die in this.

She hated the lack of information on Titans, however. They barely knew what they were fighting against! It was almost unfair at this rate....they would always have the advantage.

« Reply #4 on: December 14, 2019, 09:24:47 PM »
Gunther braced himself, releasing the reins of his horse and tapping her flank gently with his foot. As she began to turn off to the side, following her kindred, he got one foot up, knee bent. Then he followed, a kick of gas launching him forwards and up as he took up his blades. "On your right," he suggested in a call to her, watching as others struck at the other titans, moving as deftly as acrobats. A dance of death. Still, he kept her within most of his view, prepared to charge in and take the titan's attention off of her. "Want me to blind it?" He'd learned, last expedition, that blinding was neither as easy as he'd expected it to be, yet not awfully difficult for him either. His handling of his hooks was well enough to keep himself safe.

So far, at least.

« Reply #5 on: December 14, 2019, 09:50:14 PM »
“Just do what feel is right.” She sighed, a kick of gas taking her closer to them. They were...oddly cute in a way now that she was closer. Their eyes...their grinning faces. Their hair. A little macabre, but she had to admit, some of them were pretty adorable, especially the smaller ones...something about her wasn’t sitting right at the moment she thought was she went over to attack one, pulling out a pair of blades. “Let’s finish this one off!”

« Reply #6 on: December 17, 2019, 10:25:16 PM »
Gunther didn't respond, taking that easily as an answer. There was no time anyway - he focused on the titans around them, the way they charged, ran, waddled towards the humans. "I'm on its left!" he informed her, firing a hook into the titan's shoulder. It snatched into the flesh, just barely, enough to use to propel himself and twist around to catch its attention; a distraction for Hange to take it on. He levelled his blades, ready, in case all the same.

« Reply #7 on: December 17, 2019, 11:49:51 PM »
She went to it’s right, toward the nape is it’s neck, giving it a clean slice with her blades. She sighed as she watched it fall almost gracefully, before attaching herself to the shoulder of another. “You get this one.” She said simply, trying to distract it.

« Reply #8 on: December 20, 2019, 03:23:34 AM »
Hange was undeniably skilled - there was a reason she had placed fifth. Watching her finish off the titan, he remained aware of his surroundings, and immediately set to their next target, the retraction of his next fired hook pulling him hard in its direction, the tilt of his body twisting him through the air. He planted a boot at its shoulder as he slashed down with his blades, kicking off after to leave it to crumple. "No abnormals around," he noted. He hadn't seen any last expedition either, though he knew one had been around. In the distance, he could hear screams - sadly, an endless background sound, one that set him on edge. It was something he had to grow used to. Such lack of titan knowledge and their endless stream of monsters meant people would always die, and would surely never change until they got somewhere.

« Reply #9 on: December 20, 2019, 03:48:54 AM »
Hange gritted her teeth as she heard the scream, looking around for anymore of the monsters. “Come on, there has to be an abnormal!” She yelled, landing to the ground, frantically searching the area with a quick gaze, her grip so tight on the hilts of her blades that it looked like they would shatter. “Come on! Where are you now?!” She yelled, all of her frustration coming out. Her parents not approving her choice, everyone dying around her, the chances of her own survival getting slimmer. She kicked the head of a nearby titan in frustration, watching as it just snapped off and rolled away.

“....it’s....light?” She asked herself, walking over to it.

« Reply #10 on: December 24, 2019, 06:45:39 PM »
Hange's want to meet an abnormal concerned him in part, but he didn't say anything in response. He'd rather stay alert, to make sure they weren't surprised by any titans storming through their fellow soldiers. It had happened before - he'd spent the time since last expedition listening to tales from more experienced Scouts. Brushing his forehead with the back of his hand, Gunther turned to watch a titan fall, then looked back at Hange. The titan's head, attachment to its body loosened by the deep cuts, rolled and he froze. "What?" he asked, seeing her lips move but not hearing the words spoken. He jumped over, a quick retraction of his hooks speeding the movement.

« Reply #11 on: December 25, 2019, 01:41:37 AM »
She walked over to the titan head, kicking it again to watch it roll. “It’s light!” She says again, almost confirming it as she starts to laugh manically. “But why?” She asks her self, walking over to it. She goes to the neck where it was once connected to its shoulders, looking inside. “Jeez! There’s basically nothing in there! It’s just it’s spine skull and a few organs....” She says, moving her blades to take a stab inside it.

« Reply #12 on: December 28, 2019, 09:21:22 PM »
"Hange!" he exclaimed, staring at her. He couldn't make sense of her actions - who would really want to get that close to a titan's neck? It was fortunate he could see the steam rising off of it, else he might have worried its headless torso might swallow her up. "Careful." Approaching far more warily, he shielded his face against the heat emanating from the body. "What does it mean? That they're light?" Their anatomy was close enough to humans that, surely, the titans had all the organs and bones they did? "Are they... made of this steam?" he wondered aloud, watching the body began to burn away, flesh first.

« Reply #13 on: April 19, 2020, 12:47:02 AM »
“Who knows?!” She smiled wide, her grin taking over her face with ease now. Had she finally snapped? Yes. But she was free! So very free! She pulled out her blades, noting the blood on it as the titan body started to evaporated. She licked the blood on the blade, gagging. “Ah. Just as I thought. It tastes awful.” She shook her head, looking over at her friend. “Hm? What’s that look for? You look so...confused....?”

« Reply #14 on: May 04, 2020, 04:42:05 PM »
She'd already worried him, but seeing her lick titan blood made him worry even more. What if she died from it? "Don't do that," he appealed at her question, his eyebrows furrowed. "You could... get ill or something. What are thinking?" The last phrase wasn't in concern, but more steeped in cautious confusion. The titans were mysterious things, and while he frowned over the possibility that she'd get hurt, the more they learned about their enemy, the better.

* Tagbox

Refresh History

* Credits

Site banner, advert image and affiliate button created by Moon Child

Reluctant Heroes is in no way affiliated with Shingeki no Kyojin, Attack on Titan or Funimation and we give full credit to Hajime Isayama. Copyrights and trademarks for the manga and anime are held by their respective owners while all original content remains the property of the individual writers and artists.

We are grateful to former staff member Artsy for her creative input.