* Who's Online

• Dot Guests: 107
  • Dot Hidden: 0
  • Dot Users: 0

There aren't any users online.

* Wanted

* Chatbox

Refresh History
  • Quiet: LOL he is for sure doing more with his life than I was when I was 16.
    March 24, 2020, 06:17:53 PM
  • Yuri Aximand: I believe in him!
    March 24, 2020, 05:03:42 PM
  • Yuri Aximand: Arkin can do it!
    March 24, 2020, 05:03:38 PM
  • Quiet: He's got it together pretty good for a 16ish year old....but this is A LOT!!!!
    March 24, 2020, 01:59:42 AM
  • Quiet: Poor Arkin just wants an adult lol.
    March 24, 2020, 01:55:38 AM
  • Yuri Aximand: hey :)
    March 23, 2020, 05:38:48 PM
  • Arkin Holt: How is everyone doing? Everyone doing okay? It's a hard and scary time for sure.
    March 22, 2020, 08:22:54 PM
  • Arkin Holt: Sounds good to me!!
    March 22, 2020, 05:31:34 PM
  • Michelle Whitaker: We can end the thread there if you want Hubert, it seems like a good place :)
    March 22, 2020, 05:22:34 PM
  • Michelle Whitaker: VERY!!!!
    March 19, 2020, 10:45:09 PM
  • Arkin Holt: Re Michelle: Rico IS scary lol!
    March 19, 2020, 10:26:26 PM
  • Quiet: Hope everyone is keeing well in this less than ideal situation!
    March 19, 2020, 03:35:03 PM
  • Mercedes Carello: She really is! <3
    March 19, 2020, 01:37:15 AM
  • Webs: ;) Mara is the light from stars. a dead star still projecting from light years away
    March 18, 2020, 06:53:44 PM
  • Michelle Whitaker: hi
    March 12, 2020, 02:04:20 PM
  • Quiet: Whenever I see a Mara post I get happy and then very sad lol.
    March 11, 2020, 09:39:05 PM
  • Quiet: Happy Birthday Ian!!!! <3
    March 10, 2020, 05:35:10 PM
  • HiddenBaroness: Hope everyone has a great week! <3
    March 09, 2020, 04:31:57 PM
  • Webs: Hope everyone is having a great March so far!
    March 06, 2020, 02:55:24 PM
  • Arkin Holt: Hey y'all!
    March 05, 2020, 11:39:49 PM

* Directories

RPG-DRPG Initiative

Author Topic: Lie to Me [Alain Plotter]  (Read 259 times)

Lie to Me [Alain Plotter]
« on: January 14, 2020, 04:28:13 AM »

104th Cadet Corps | Born: May 24th, 325 April 20th, 830 | Gemini Tauros | ISTJ-T
Pansexual | 5'10 / 178 cm | 150 lbs / 68 kg

Alain Schröder is a young man who claims to have been a victim of Shiganshina, however, his supposed trauma left him an amnesiac. He has no past, he has no family, he has nothing but his duty to serve as a dedicated soldier. He is cold, bitter, and even harsh, and his ruthless persona only has ostracized him from his fellow cadets. Alain doesn’t make friends, because he only believes that everyone dies alone.  He aims for the Military Police, knowing that only the best of the best can find themselves among them. But Alain Schröder has a secret, one that he would never speak aloud to anyone. His identity is a lie and his only goal in life is revenge for his family’s killers, members of the Military Police….

Friends are a foreign concept to Alain. He keeps to himself for a reason. He doesn’t make friends. That being said, there are people he can tolerate more than others, perhaps simply because of the proximity of having to be with them and around them nigh constantly for a solid good two years of training. Alain is never quite ‘friendly’ with others, though a keen eye could see that he purposefully distances himself from most people. There is a part of Alain that would value true companionship, but that takes trust, while Alain has no trust to give.

It’s not that hard to get Alain to dislike you. It appears as though the young man has a distaste for most people in general. Alain rather expects most people to let him down, and in his experience, he’s never been quite wrong. He has a tendency to hold grudges. He never forgets nor does he forgive, almost ironic, since he claims he can’t remember anything prior to 845…

The idea of romance, like the idea of friendship, is an almost laughable concept to Alain. Beyond just his anti-social tendencies is just a young man who has long closed himself off to anything that would leave him vulnerable. Of course, his heart was the first to be sacrificed for the sake of that defense. He has no room, no desire for love. Another part of him sees it as a weakness, exploitable by those who would dare take him away from the things he cared about. To Alain, love would simply make him weak.

Prior to the year 840, Alain Schröder once went by another name. Ludwig Myerscough. Ludwig was a noble, elite young man whose family, the Myerscough’s, was in the business of making corrupt bargains. However, long ago, Ludwig turned a blind eye to these immoral practices, instead choosing to live the life of a naive, young heir.  Of course, one day, his family made the wrong deal and they were judged harshly for it. The punishment had been death, made to look like an ‘accident.’ On that night, years ago, Ludwig Myerscough died as well. If you’d like to know ‘Ludwig’ before ‘Alain’, I’m open to plotting!
« Last Edit: January 21, 2020, 04:50:48 AM by Alain Schröder »

Re: Lie to Me [Alain Plotter]
« Reply #1 on: January 14, 2020, 08:18:50 PM »
I made it! So glad to see Handsome Revenge Boi at last!

Mercedes & Alain
I don't know why, but I really like the idea of Alain being one of the few people 'Cee just...doesn't know what to do with. She typically leaves loners alone as-is but seeing his skillset and his focus will mean that he'll be like a splinter she can't get out. And of course we've talked about them trying to outshoot the other! I also just want to note that she may need a revenge buddy later on. ;)

Miranda & Alain
Ah yes, another 'challenge' cadet! His talent with firearms will of course impress her but also probably worry her a little and make her question his true goal and, probably by association, who he really is. Whether that actually comes up in conversation is another matter. I imagine he'd resist any attempts to pry! She would of course probably be the one to either pit Alain and Mercedes against one another for funsies or at least be witness to it and stop them from, y'know, using up a month's ammunition in one day. "Your proficiency is scaring the other children!"

Siegfried & Alain
I'm only dropping this here because I can't remember if we briefly brought up a possibility of them interacting somehow? I can't recall, can you? No worries if not.

Mercedes Carello | Tamsin Spiegel | Miranda Carlstedt-Gaus 
Julia Carello | Minister Siegfried JusticaMinister Saul Holloway | Alein Valdeze | Meera Valdeze

« Reply #2 on: January 15, 2020, 04:18:54 AM »
I made it! So glad to see Handsome Revenge Boi at last!

Mercedes & Alain
I don't know why, but I really like the idea of Alain being one of the few people 'Cee just...doesn't know what to do with. She typically leaves loners alone as-is but seeing his skillset and his focus will mean that he'll be like a splinter she can't get out. And of course we've talked about them trying to outshoot the other! I also just want to note that she may need a revenge buddy later on. ;)

Miranda & Alain
Ah yes, another 'challenge' cadet! His talent with firearms will of course impress her but also probably worry her a little and make her question his true goal and, probably by association, who he really is. Whether that actually comes up in conversation is another matter. I imagine he'd resist any attempts to pry! She would of course probably be the one to either pit Alain and Mercedes against one another for funsies or at least be witness to it and stop them from, y'know, using up a month's ammunition in one day. "Your proficiency is scaring the other children!"

Siegfried & Alain
I'm only dropping this here because I can't remember if we briefly brought up a possibility of them interacting somehow? I can't recall, can you? No worries if not.

Mercedes & Alain
My oh my do I love it! All in all, I doubt that Alain would ever find himself interested in Cee, but he certainly WOULD find himself very, very frustrated with her being curious or constantly annoyed with her. I can imagine her asking questions, but he'll simply see this as interrogation and his immediate fight or flight responses would be triggered. Of course, our fun little shooting match could be incorporated in this, to eventual confrontations or further reasons for interaction!

Miranda & Alain
Yes yes! Alain's skills with firearms would certainly seem like an unusually honed, 'natural' talent. Miranda would probably be one of the few Instructors Alain would outwardly respect, simply because of her own skill with them as well. Though, any questions and prodding would make him revert back to his old, angry, guarded-individual self. And the competition between Cee and Alain would probably drive her crazy in another way LOL

Siegfried & Alain
Ah yes, what DOES happen when you put two people with dead lives in the same room together? Alain is a liar, and while Siegfried doesn't necessarily seem to be lying or covering up his past(?), he is still being someone he originally was not. Not exactly sure how the two could meet, but perhaps the minister is attempting to sway the minds of wayward youth/refugees after the fall of wall maria? The two just happen to cross paths and Alain just happens to catch the minister's eye and vice-versa. Maybe the two understand that they are 'lying' about who they are and can see that each other has a past that haunts them... « Last Edit: January 15, 2020, 04:19:38 AM by Badtz-Milk »

Malcolm Watanabe | Mercy Watanabe | Rosebelle Renée | Javier Renée | Marjorie Hadley | Avent Winter | Alain Schröder

« Reply #3 on: January 16, 2020, 01:55:49 AM »
Alain & Mercedes
Sounds like we've got ourselves some mutual enemy-rivals! In all honesty she probably won't like the fact that he's one of the few not interested in her in the slightest, haha. However, I will say that post-Utopia, depending on how successful he is with getting his revenge and the timing of it all, she would be willing to help in however small a way.

Alain & Miranda
I'm really hyped for this impromptu competition thread now, haha. How do we want to do this? When do we do this?

Alain & Siegfried
Utopia may end up being an easier way in for us, here, now that I've moved Siegfried's base of operations. Do you know what your plans are for him in Utopia or immediately after it? Depending on how quickly Siegfried recovers from his own mini existential crisis he will likely be moving through Utopia 'comforting' those left alive and probably doing humanitarian work (a genuine impulse, but with the wrong endgame). While I'm sure Alain wouldn't be the type to need comfort, there's at least the possibility of them running into one another in a non-combat scenario. Like you say, even if it's from afar they could catch on to a fellow person with a dead life in their shadow!

Julia Carello | Minister Siegfried JusticaMinister Saul Holloway | Alein Valdeze | Meera Valdeze

« Reply #4 on: January 21, 2020, 03:28:05 AM »
Alain deserves nothing but love :'))

Linde and Alain
I'd love to see these two interact!! Sweet, shy Linde and cold, ruthless Alain. But I'm not sure what circumstances would bring them together lol. Maybe bonding over their dislike of the MPs? Although his is more utter resentment while hers is due to fear. I dunno, what do you think?

Linde Everhart

« Reply #5 on: January 21, 2020, 04:45:07 AM »
Alain & Mercedes
Sounds like we've got ourselves some mutual enemy-rivals! In all honesty she probably won't like the fact that he's one of the few not interested in her in the slightest, haha. However, I will say that post-Utopia, depending on how successful he is with getting his revenge and the timing of it all, she would be willing to help in however small a way.

Alain & Miranda
I'm really hyped for this impromptu competition thread now, haha. How do we want to do this? When do we do this?

Alain & Siegfried
Utopia may end up being an easier way in for us, here, now that I've moved Siegfried's base of operations. Do you know what your plans are for him in Utopia or immediately after it? Depending on how quickly Siegfried recovers from his own mini existential crisis he will likely be moving through Utopia 'comforting' those left alive and probably doing humanitarian work (a genuine impulse, but with the wrong endgame). While I'm sure Alain wouldn't be the type to need comfort, there's at least the possibility of them running into one another in a non-combat scenario. Like you say, even if it's from afar they could catch on to a fellow person with a dead life in their shadow!

Alain &  Mercedes
Alain really is a tough nut to crack, but having someone who somehow urks him without him really knowing why would be both interesting and somewhat hilarious LOL And yes?? I revenge buddy honestly sounds like a much needed guidance/someone to rein in him from going off the walls bonkers with revenge and his idea of it. Or maybe, Mercedes would encourage him? *insert thinking emoji here* Not sure which she would do to be very honest!! Because goodness knows, he might need someone to do so. Of course, his revenge won't kick off til post graduation/post Utopa so we could see where it goes from there. Somehow, Mercedes being the levelheaded one almost sounds scary LOL

Alain & Miranda
If you'd like to start off Miranda setting up shooting/arms training at the range then I'm down for it! It could be a bigger, involved thread with other cadets too! And then, after it wraps up we could have other solo thread with just Alain/Mercedes and/or Alain/Miranda to talk about his certain set of skills....

Alain & Siegfried
It's like 'I had a past life' radar. LOL. Setting it post Utopia could work?? Or mid-Utopia while herding refugees/civilians in a relatively 'safe' place could work too! Alain could be set on guard duty during the evacuation and he just happens to catch eyes with Siegfried >.> Or perhaps it could be pre-Utopia, Alain running errands in Utopia/hanging out and he sees the Minister on his soapbox, preaching to the wayward and lost. I imagine really, it would just make Alain Incredibly pissed off in some way because he's just a temper tantrum waiting to be set off and he also just doesn't think that anyone is nice for the sake of being nice (IE feeding the hungry, sheltering the poor or comforting refugees)

Alain deserves nothing but love :'))

Linde and Alain
I'd love to see these two interact!! Sweet, shy Linde and cold, ruthless Alain. But I'm not sure what circumstances would bring them together lol. Maybe bonding over their dislike of the MPs? Although his is more utter resentment while hers is due to fear. I dunno, what do you think?

Alain needs a lot more than Love to keep him sane because he's teetering off the edge a BIT too much. LOL 

Linde & Alain
My oh my does my boy HATE MPs with a passion. Of course, he doesn't really say this out loud. He's very, extremely private about his true goals and obsession for revenge. Though, he strictly says OUTWARDLY that his goal is the MPs because he wants to prove himself as the best of the best, something along the lines of "only the strongest survive." Which he also actually believes in fully. Hence, why he is so dedicated to his duties and the aspects of being a 'soldier.' Maybe he could notice her being 'scared' of something (the MPs for instance) and so he makes comments about she's unfit to be a soldier if she's showing 'fear.'

Regarding this, it could lead to an odd brother-sister relationship, though only if we'd want to build a kind of understanding/camaraderie between the two. I've mentioned it previously, but post graduation/post utopia Alain is going to be on the hunt for revenge, but once he achieves this he lowkey has nowhere to go/nothing to live for anymore. He might need people to reel him in or hold him back from just giving up on life entirely afterwards. The idea that Alain could build a 'new family' with someone else could give him something to live for again! And I know that you mentioned you'd like Linde to learn that family can be people you choose to be with and who have mattered to you most. I'd love to have Alain come to learn this too! « Last Edit: January 21, 2020, 04:45:41 AM by Badtz-Milk »

Malcolm Watanabe | Mercy Watanabe | Rosebelle Renée | Javier Renée | Marjorie Hadley | Avent Winter | Alain Schröder

« Reply #6 on: January 21, 2020, 06:22:12 PM »
Alain &  Mercedes
Alain really is a tough nut to crack, but having someone who somehow urks him without him really knowing why would be both interesting and somewhat hilarious LOL And yes?? I revenge buddy honestly sounds like a much needed guidance/someone to rein in him from going off the walls bonkers with revenge and his idea of it. Or maybe, Mercedes would encourage him? *insert thinking emoji here* Not sure which she would do to be very honest!! Because goodness knows, he might need someone to do so. Of course, his revenge won't kick off til post graduation/post Utopa so we could see where it goes from there. Somehow, Mercedes being the levelheaded one almost sounds scary LOL

Yeah, it really will depend on the timing as to whether 'Cee is level-headed enough to rein him in. Because let's be fair, she may be at the point that she'd say "Go crazy. Make sure you hit this address on your way through." lol I do have a fun image of them teaming up to snipe people. The only time they ever get along!

Alain & Miranda
If you'd like to start off Miranda setting up shooting/arms training at the range then I'm down for it! It could be a bigger, involved thread with other cadets too! And then, after it wraps up we could have other solo thread with just Alain/Mercedes and/or Alain/Miranda to talk about his certain set of skills....

Yes! That seems the easiest approach. I think what I'll do is verify a couple of things with Quiet first and then kick off that open classroom thread I'd mentioned a while back -- shooting rotten melons -- and then like you say at some point we can do an offshoot or two from there that will cover A/Cee or A/M. The chaos will, ironically, illuminate those that are not chaotic in the slightest, haha.

Alain & Siegfried
It's like 'I had a past life' radar. LOL. Setting it post Utopia could work?? Or mid-Utopia while herding refugees/civilians in a relatively 'safe' place could work too! Alain could be set on guard duty during the evacuation and he just happens to catch eyes with Siegfried >.> Or perhaps it could be pre-Utopia, Alain running errands in Utopia/hanging out and he sees the Minister on his soapbox, preaching to the wayward and lost. I imagine really, it would just make Alain Incredibly pissed off in some way because he's just a temper tantrum waiting to be set off and he also just doesn't think that anyone is nice for the sake of being nice (IE feeding the hungry, sheltering the poor or comforting refugees)

Hmm, how about for now we go with pre-Utopia as an initial confrontation meeting, and then they see each other again either mid/post-Utopia? Has it been determined which team Alain is on for Utopia madness?

« Reply #7 on: January 21, 2020, 06:37:58 PM »

Linde & Alain
My oh my does my boy HATE MPs with a passion. Of course, he doesn't really say this out loud. He's very, extremely private about his true goals and obsession for revenge. Though, he strictly says OUTWARDLY that his goal is the MPs because he wants to prove himself as the best of the best, something along the lines of "only the strongest survive." Which he also actually believes in fully. Hence, why he is so dedicated to his duties and the aspects of being a 'soldier.' Maybe he could notice her being 'scared' of something (the MPs for instance) and so he makes comments about she's unfit to be a soldier if she's showing 'fear.'

Regarding this, it could lead to an odd brother-sister relationship, though only if we'd want to build a kind of understanding/camaraderie between the two. I've mentioned it previously, but post graduation/post utopia Alain is going to be on the hunt for revenge, but once he achieves this he lowkey has nowhere to go/nothing to live for anymore. He might need people to reel him in or hold him back from just giving up on life entirely afterwards. The idea that Alain could build a 'new family' with someone else could give him something to live for again! And I know that you mentioned you'd like Linde to learn that family can be people you choose to be with and who have mattered to you most. I'd love to have Alain come to learn this too!

Linde and Alain
I think that would be a very interesting interaction, especially since what he says on the surface doesn't seem to coincide with the behaviors of the MPs that Linde knew. It would certainly intrigue her as to why he's joining them. She'd also know that he's right, that she needs to be fearless, and would probably thank him even if his intention wasn't to help her xD Linde likes to believe in the good in other people, since Johann did that for her, and so would want to do the same for Alain.

I'd love to see a brother/sister relationship between them!! Especially once Linde understands that family doesn't always equate to blood. And in regards to Alain post-graduation/post-Utopia, Linde would definitely want to help out with supporting him. She knows what it's like to not feel like you have anything to live for, and to see other people go through that is heartbreaking to her. More than anything, she wants to be to others what Johann was to her.

Linde Everhart

« Reply #8 on: February 24, 2020, 06:48:51 AM »

Linde and Alain
I think that would be a very interesting interaction, especially since what he says on the surface doesn't seem to coincide with the behaviors of the MPs that Linde knew. It would certainly intrigue her as to why he's joining them. She'd also know that he's right, that she needs to be fearless, and would probably thank him even if his intention wasn't to help her xD Linde likes to believe in the good in other people, since Johann did that for her, and so would want to do the same for Alain.

I'd love to see a brother/sister relationship between them!! Especially once Linde understands that family doesn't always equate to blood. And in regards to Alain post-graduation/post-Utopia, Linde would definitely want to help out with supporting him. She knows what it's like to not feel like you have anything to live for, and to see other people go through that is heartbreaking to her. More than anything, she wants to be to others what Johann was to her.

Yes yes! Lol sorry for the late reply, I realize that I didn't exactly provide a scenario in which they could meet? Hmmm >insert thinking emoji here< perhaps the two are assigned duties as cadets, say chores or supply inventory or the like, and the close proximity between them may eventually force the two to talk to each other. Though Alain, really isnt't much of a conversationalist or a conservation starter LOL Or perhaps the two are set as training partners, sparring or even practicing ODM gear. Of course, the more soldier/training oriented things would allow Alain's harshness to really shine through, essentially challenging Linde on the idea of what a 'good soldier' is supposed to be.

« Reply #9 on: March 03, 2020, 07:46:35 AM »
 Sylvia and Alain

These two might grow to become friends, though it might take a while before Sylvia admits to forming a friendship with him due to her preference for calm logic over emotion. She is surprisingly empathetic and more emotional in private/in the company of a few close friends. If she found out about his past/he told her she would try to help him, but would not tell anyone else as it is not her place to do so. Not that she might inquire and or dig around in his past, since whatever happened is his business.

As for anything like love, Sylvia might not be the easiest person to find that with or develop it for.

Tags:

* Tagbox

Refresh History

* Credits

Site banner, advert image and affiliate button created by Moon Child

Reluctant Heroes is in no way affiliated with Shingeki no Kyojin, Attack on Titan or Funimation and we give full credit to Hajime Isayama. Copyrights and trademarks for the manga and anime are held by their respective owners while all original content remains the property of the individual writers and artists.

We are grateful to former staff member Artsy for her creative input.