* Who's Online

• Dot Guests: 62
  • Dot Hidden: 0
  • Dot Users: 0

There aren't any users online.

* Wanted

* Chatbox

Refresh History
  • Quiet: No stress and no worries! Take your time. I'm finally adding to Ruth's bio lol.
    January 17, 2020, 10:16:06 PM
  • Puffin: Ahh, I'm so glad you like it, Quiet!  I hope all is well with you. <3  I promise I'll reply soon, I'm sorry I'm so slow.
    January 17, 2020, 09:45:17 PM
  • Quiet: Aww Mitabi's advert is lovely!
    January 17, 2020, 06:04:45 PM
  • Mercedes Carello: Good for you! I hope it's extra-relaxing! <3
    January 16, 2020, 09:22:55 PM
  • Quiet: Just want to let everyone know that I'm going to be extending my break into the second week of Feb or so. Still going to be working out plots and such until them.  :)
    January 16, 2020, 08:50:22 PM
  • Quiet: I was mathing to try and figure out what training group Hugh was in...and then I was like...what training group was Pixis in!!??
    January 14, 2020, 02:01:35 AM
  • Webs: Snack Attack <3
    January 14, 2020, 12:25:37 AM
  • Quiet: SNK character speed dating lol.
    January 14, 2020, 12:24:07 AM
  • Quiet: Any time I see Nack and Struna is just wanna yell "Snack Attack!"
    January 14, 2020, 12:05:21 AM
  • HiddenBaroness: (Also lol @ Rico's preferences. Me too, Rico, me too.
    January 13, 2020, 07:12:16 PM
  • HiddenBaroness: Glad you made it safely, Quiet! Have a nice relax!
    January 13, 2020, 07:07:22 PM
  • Quiet: Howdy y'all! Got to the hotel and gonna relax for a bit. Gonna fill out the shipping post I think!
    January 13, 2020, 06:54:06 PM
  • the dear hunter.: it’d be fun to have a garrison get-together, for sure!!! enjoy your trip! <3
    January 12, 2020, 05:13:52 AM
  • HiddenBaroness: Totally support Garrison BBQ! Sounds fun! Be safe and comfy on your travels, Quiet, and enjoy yourself!
    January 12, 2020, 03:44:38 AM
  • Quiet: Go watch Cowboy Kent Rollins on YouTube and tell me you don't get cowboy Dot vibes lol.
    January 12, 2020, 02:26:36 AM
  • Quiet: Please more people take Garrison characters because I want Pixis to host a Garrison BBQ. Or whatever the SNK world equivalent of a BBQ is. Garrison members can totally bring non Garrison guests.
    January 12, 2020, 02:21:53 AM
  • Quiet: It's nice. Small...but it's NYC so that is to be expected lol.
    January 12, 2020, 02:20:06 AM
  • Puffin: Ooh, I hope you're enjoying the hotel, Quiet! :D
    January 12, 2020, 02:14:53 AM
  • Webs: Hey Quiet!!
    January 12, 2020, 12:22:07 AM
  • Quiet: Howdy from a hotel y'all!
    January 11, 2020, 10:35:28 PM

* Directories

RPG-DRPG Initiative

Author Topic: Blocking basics. [Cain]  (Read 45 times)

Blocking basics. [Cain]
« on: January 14, 2020, 03:40:02 PM »
[ summer 845 ]

Stretching his arms across his shoulder one by one, Axel readied himself as the instructor intoned, then demonstrated, and then finally set them to get paired up. Hand-to-hand combat was shaping up to be his best class thus far, though he didn't put less or more effort into it than their other lessons. He wasn't alone in having an 'advantage' over his fellow cadets, though whether they too had had informal training from their families or they simply excelled was beyond him. It wasn't something to ask. Why bring up homesickness and distress in the midst of all this? Most didn't want to think about home outside of those times they sat, scratching away at a letter, or comfortably alone.

He approached his chosen partner with a bouncy confidence, a spring in each step, pumping up a rush of adrenaline through his body. The class sizes were small enough to be manageable, but enough that he hadn't been able to familiarise himself with most of the others - especially given just how many there were in the 104th.

The block was fairly basic, an act of swiping a hand backwards to block with the back of the hand. To push an arm away, or a gun in that unlikelihood. "Do you want to block or punch?" he asked, stopping by him, a glint in his grey eyes. Hopefully he'd been paying attention to the instructor - the last person who hadn't had thoroughly irritated Axel from the offset.

Re: Blocking basics. [Cain]
« Reply #1 on: January 14, 2020, 05:11:10 PM »
It was a regular day at the summer camp, Cain stood in the field while he watched his instructors demonstrating blocking techniques. With an arched eyebrows, he knew for sure it wasn't his favorite lesson at the camp, maybe his most-hated lesson. Hand-to-hand wasn't his thing, he wasn't ready to get his weak body getting crushed by another cadet, or maybe by the instructor. The instructor gave him a partner, another cadet, at least I'm not fighting an instructor. Do practice really makes it perfect, despite his short body? He didn't know for sure, but he knew for sure that he must abide the instructor. Not trying to get crushed by an instructor.

His partner came into his sight with a bouncy attitude, a slim build cadet, but of course taller than Cain. He really didn't care, either big muscly body or slim nerd, he thinks he will get crushed eventually. With a poker face, Cain rolls his gaze towards Axel's face, leaning his body upwards. It might be offensive, but he-didn't-really-care.

A choice? between punching and blocking, is this guy stupid or something? Cain know for sure that he'll pick punching role to decimate the chance of him being crushed. Do I need to speak? Nah, I don't think so. He raised his arms, placing it infront of his own face, widens his stance, forming a puching position.

All I need to do is punch him, right?

He sighed as he threw two punches towards Axel, he knew for sure that his punching form is wrong, very wrong.

« Reply #2 on: January 15, 2020, 03:37:01 AM »
He didn't need a verbal answer, though he was surprised he didn't get one. The stance said everything, and he easily slipped into a more defensive stance - feet shoulder-width apart, weight centred, hands hovering before him and not clenched into fists. Axel's gaze didn't leave his opponent, watching how he placed himself before the punches came in. Sloppily.

Striking with one hand first, cutting with the flat edge of his hand to push the first arm up, then doing the same on the opposite side, he dropped his arms as soon as he'd succeeded. "No," he sighed, exasperated. "When you punch, you really need to focus on your target fully. The best place to aim is the throat - connect a punch there and you'll disable your enemy while they struggle to breathe."

He looked him over, debating his form briefly. The other cadet looked weaker than him, though that wasn't awfully surprising. "Strength doesn't come into it as much as form. Look." Tightening his hand into a fist, he rotated it to show him how his hand was clenched, thumb crossing over his forefinger and middle finger. "Slip your thumb too far up to the joint and you'll get it caught. Can't afford to be flimsy either."

It wasn't exactly what they were meant to be doing, but so be it. The brunet slipped back into a defensive stance. "Try again."

« Reply #3 on: January 15, 2020, 11:54:42 AM »
Attempt went awfully, he expected this as his strike slipped away from his partner defensive stance. After two tries, he stepped back to build a defensive stance, but he was too slow, two strikes flew upon him - of course he was unable to block the punches, he closed his eyes as he hold his breath to reduce the pain.

He was impressed by his partner's fighting ability, well he wasn't that impressed, it was just his fault being so weak at fighting. But what's the point of all this training? We are going to fight titans right? It slipped into his mind. His partner removed their stance, signalizing to hold the fight. Cain relaxed his body, letting his joints to rest as he listened to his partner mutters some word about fighting techniques.

Okay Mr. Know-it-all, just start all over again, I want this to end quickly.

He was anxious, but there was no other choice for him, rather than to fight. Implemented some of his partner's techniques, Cain stretched his right arm to reach his partner's body, while he forgot to be in fighting stance before striking. He continued to throw several punches.

« Reply #4 on: January 16, 2020, 01:50:35 AM »
Axel waited, readying himself back into his stance and preparing for the blows, while watching his partner's efforts closely. The punches that came weren't terrible given the lack of solid preparation by the boy, and while Axel blocked the first, he allowed the others to land against his arm, just to see how strong he was.

"You need to stick with the basics first," he said - not intentionally unkindly, his tone was more thoughtful as he stepped back from him. "Get into your offensive stance, if you can activate your muscles - tighten them - and pose properly, I can make sure you're not doing anything wrong." What was the point in progressing with today's lesson if his opponent was so far back in training that his punches weren't hitting right? Axel supposed it was worth the extra training too - he wanted to help others, but he especially wanted to work on how to train others. It made him stronger for it, as well as them.

Admittedly he felt the familiar draw of impatience pull him in, but he buried it for the moment. At least for now, anyway.

* Tagbox

Refresh History

* Credits

Site banner, advert image and affiliate button created by Moon Child

Reluctant Heroes is in no way affiliated with Shingeki no Kyojin, Attack on Titan or Funimation and we give full credit to Hajime Isayama. Copyrights and trademarks for the manga and anime are held by their respective owners while all original content remains the property of the individual writers and artists.

We are grateful to former staff member Artsy for her creative input.