* Who's Online

• Dot Guests: 151
  • Dot Hidden: 0
  • Dot Users: 5
  • Dot Users Online:

* Wanted

* Chatbox

Refresh History
  • Razahir Kōri: Howdy everyone! ^^ Soem of you may still remember me! :D I just want to write that I'm terribly sorry for disappearing for such a long time! IRL took it's tll on me in the past few months! Both my work and my MSc studies kinda things for me/ With that I would like to apologize to everyone I made wait! Starting next week I'm planning on catching up with all my replies! After that I'll be really slow till February, but I'll try to write at least every two weeks in case I receive replies! ^^ Again sorry everyone and I hope all of you are doing well! ^^ Sora
    November 22, 2020, 07:58:14 PM
  • Petra Ral: I am good thanks, you?
    November 22, 2020, 03:43:51 PM
  • Petra Ral: Hey Puffin! Sorry I did not see this xD
    November 22, 2020, 03:43:46 PM
  • Puffin: Mercy! <3  How are you?
    November 20, 2020, 09:23:37 PM
  • Petra Ral: Evening all
    November 19, 2020, 05:08:50 PM
  • Petra Ral: Hi!
    November 10, 2020, 02:50:53 PM
  • Puffin: How is it Sunday already?! I hope everyone is having a good weekend!
    November 08, 2020, 04:26:45 PM
  • Webs: Hi, Ramgami!! And hello to all guests :)
    November 04, 2020, 05:50:40 PM
  • Puffin: Happy November, everyone! <3
    November 02, 2020, 12:06:19 PM
  • Puffin: I hope everyone is having a good weekend so far! ^^
    October 24, 2020, 06:14:05 PM
  • Quiet: And Kenny!  :D
    October 21, 2020, 01:17:46 AM
  • Quiet: Hi Lingwasta! Welcome to RH!
    October 21, 2020, 12:56:07 AM
  • Quiet: But yeah I think Fergus will be interesting to write once he gets in the game. :-)
    October 18, 2020, 01:48:13 AM
  • Quiet: I was proud of that lol!
    October 17, 2020, 11:58:44 PM
  • Puffin: Love Colin Morgan for Fergus Hardt, Quiet!  And I thoroughly enjoyed the GIF of him munching in his application. :D
    October 17, 2020, 11:40:51 PM
  • Puffin: Miri deserves all the hugs!
    October 17, 2020, 11:40:37 PM
  • Quiet: Miri got a hug! Blessed moment!
    October 17, 2020, 11:23:14 PM
  • Puffin: You too, Quiet! <3 I can't believe the weekend is here already, this week passed so quickly.
    October 16, 2020, 11:42:07 PM
  • Quiet: Hope everyone is having a good Friday and is heading into a relaxing weekend!
    October 16, 2020, 06:52:25 PM
  • Quiet: Happy Birthday Erwin!  ^^
    October 14, 2020, 01:22:27 PM

* Directories

RPG-DRPG Initiative

Author Topic: [COMPLETE] Mia Kaster  (Read 305 times)

[COMPLETE] Mia Kaster
« on: February 21, 2020, 07:56:14 AM »

NAME: Mia Kaster
NICKNAMES (IF ANY):  NA
DATE OF BIRTH AND AGE (AS OF YEAR 845): December 1st 838 Sixteen
PLACE OF BIRTH: Kaster House, Wall Rose
MEMBER GROUP: Survey Corps
FACE CLAIM: Elizabeth Liones

APPEARANCE:
 Small in height and slim in build, it may have been easy to overlook Mia as a soldier. Her hair was formerly a bright fiery ginger but has been turned completely white as a result of surviving an event so terrible, she cannot recall it. Mia possesses bright blue eyes. She is typically clad in the garb of the Survey Corps, though nothing every seems to fit her properly uniform wise, always looking awkward on her. Mia usually carries a satchel attached so it does not interfere with her ODM gear to help carry first aid supplies.

PERSONALITY:
 Mia Kaster is the sole survivor of a failed Survey Corps Expedition beyond the Wall. At least that is what everyone assumes as she is the only one to have ever returned from it. She has no memory of what terrible events transpired, but her hair was turned a ghostly white as a result. Though outwardly she still attempts to be the same woman she once was, wearing her uniform with pride (if rather poorly and ill fittingly), caring for others with the same dedication as ever... But always she carries the burden of her own guilt and shame.

She is forever besieged by nightmares, of seeing nameless people devoured by Titans. As such it is rare for her to not wake up in the night screaming in mind numbing terror. Mia knows she must be dreaming about those who were slain in the Expedition. She greatly dislikes talking about the nightmares and what events she does recall. It is not much, but she remembers travelling from the safety of the human cities and their Walls, but after that... Nothing.

Mia is very smart, with a black twisted sense of  gallows humor, and extremely dedicated to those under her care. If anyone presumes to know better for the care of her patients it would be wise to reconsider. Especially as ranks mean precious little to Mia, especially if someone is foolish enough to tell her how to do her job. Armed with her sharp sense of humor, she often has witty comebacks for anyone trying to tell her differently. She will do whatever it takes to save a life. Mia is a very caring young woman, armed with an equally gentle nature.

She does not fear retribution, leading some to believe Mia longs for a way out. In truth, part of her does want to die, a bullet from a firing squad is fine for her. After all, she believes herself to be already a dead woman, little more than walking carrion to stubborn to die. It is a side effect of the near constant nightmares that she longs for even the slightest measure of peace and comfort. Mia likes to write in a journal, having kept one her entire life. She used to like rereading them, but since her amnesia and the horrors that she no longer recalls, she does not. She however is not defensive about others reading them, so long as they ask first which many find surprising.

She is generally sweet and gentle nature despite what has happened to her, she has seemingly not allowed it to turn her cold or bitter towards others. Though many have noted since her solitary survival, her morale, particularly when danger threatens is considerably weak. Thus some have pegged her as a flight risk, whether this judgement is correct or not remains to be seen.

STRENGTHS:
  • Medical training
  • Caring
  • Kind
  • Agile
  • Good listener
  • Gentle Nature
  • Will never leave a wounded comrade behind
WEAKNESSES:
  • PTSD (Sole Survivor)
  • Night Terrors
  • Rank means little to her
  • Guilt ridden
  • Low morale
  • Cannot stand crowds
ASPIRATIONS:
  • To save as many lives as she can
  • To redeem herself and find peace
  • To actually win this war not just survive until the Titans pick them off one by one
  • To have a meaningful death when the time comes
FEARS:
  • That she has lost her essential humanity
  • Crowds
  • Titans
  • Sleeping, this is less of a fear of actual sleep, rather in fact of the nightmares she has where she sees nameless people die, over and over again, night after night after night.
  • Finding out the truth as to how she survived
HISTORY:

Mia Kaster is the sole survivor of a failed expedition, having returned alone on her horse, half starved and perhaps according to some at the time driven half mad by the horrors she witnesses. As time passed it became known that she was afflicted by Antoinette syndrome as well as amnesia as a result of her experiences. It is unclear how this one scout survived when so many others were slain.

The Kaster family were once an extensive family, however time and brutal attrition in war has brought the line to near extinction, with only Mia herself surviving into the current era. Most have died in battle, though two of her brothers both part of the Survey Corps are listed as Missing in Action.

Growing up in the shelter provided by Wall Rose, Mia was the youngest daughter with five elder brothers. She never knew much of her mother, who died before Mia turned two, as such she was largely raised by her four elder brothers and her father. This resulted in her being distinctly tomboyish in terms of her behaviour and actions.
From a young age, it was clear that Mia wished to follow in the footsteps of her father and ancestors, by choosing to serve a career in the military.

She proved herself to be her mother's daughter by possessing the same talent for medicines she held in life. Mia spent a considerable part of her childhood and later adolescence learning from those skilled in the art of healing as well as reading her mother's books on the subject. The news of the Fall of Wall Maria shocked Mia who had already joined the military and been training for about a year.

As a cadet, Mia was average at most of her subjects save for anything medical. Her combat skills were passable but only just, but she showed a natural talent for ODM gear. When it came her turn to graduate, it came as a surprise to no that she elected to join the Survey Corps and follow in the footsteps of her family.

This decision was to have tragic consequences for her however. Selected as part of a small expedition, Mia set out and was determined to do her part. At first regular messages were sent back to civilisation, informing them of the progress of the expedition... Yet without warning communications ceased. Days passed, then weeks, no word was received, yet in this dark hour when they were all written off as dead, a lone rider returned... Mia half mad and half starved, hair turned white as snow, she was the only survivor.

In the months since her return, Mia has worked hard on her recovery, knowing that humanity needs every last person capable of fighting to do so. Yet she is also immensely terrified of the thought of returning to the land outside the Walls.

YOUR ALIAS: Mercy
TIMEZONE: GMT

« Last Edit: February 21, 2020, 12:03:27 PM by Mia Kaster »

Re: [COMPLETE] Mia Kaster
« Reply #1 on: February 21, 2020, 12:19:17 PM »

Annie Leonhardt | Dalton Lightbody † | Eld Jinn | Farran Falkenrath | Ian Dietrich
Jarek Valdeze | Laria Rockfield | Marco Bott | Struna Mayberry

(avatar art credit)

Tags:

* Tagbox

Refresh History
  • Dalton Lightbody: Reply for Kilian! [link]
    November 16, 2020, 12:42:30 PM
  • Hilda Meissner: Reply for Mara! [link]
    November 14, 2020, 09:59:19 PM
  • Laria Rockfield: Reply for Utopia's Team Seven! [link]
    November 06, 2020, 10:03:42 PM
  • Dalton Lightbody: Reply for Kilian! [link]
    November 05, 2020, 03:36:10 PM
  • Puffin: Site Update #07 is here! [link]
    November 02, 2020, 04:39:39 PM
  • Puffin: There has been an update to the rules, be sure to take a look. [link]
    November 02, 2020, 12:32:41 PM
  • Puffin: Roll Call #15 is live! [link]
    November 02, 2020, 12:13:27 AM
  • Tamsin Spiegel: Tamsin for Hugh! [link]
    October 24, 2020, 11:52:48 PM
  • Puffin: New staff announcement! A big thank you to Gehrig and to everyone who put themselves forward. ♡ [link]
    October 24, 2020, 02:00:50 PM
  • Petra Ral: Michelle for the Garrison/team six (Utopia) [link]
    October 21, 2020, 04:13:24 PM

* Credits

Site banner, advert image and affiliate button created by Moon Child

Reluctant Heroes is in no way affiliated with Shingeki no Kyojin, Attack on Titan or Funimation and we give full credit to Hajime Isayama. Copyrights and trademarks for the manga and anime are held by their respective owners while all original content remains the property of the individual writers and artists.

We are grateful to former staff member Artsy for her creative input.