* Who's Online

• Dot Guests: 141
  • Dot Hidden: 0
  • Dot Users: 0

There aren't any users online.

* Wanted

* Chatbox

Refresh History
  • the dear hunter.: please i forgot i can't do multiple question marks...
    May 12, 2020, 01:28:44 AM
  • the dear hunter.: howzit???? :0
    May 12, 2020, 01:28:32 AM
  • Puffin: Quiet! I hope you're well. <3 I'm sorry to have been so absent folks, replies are coming, I promise. Stay safe, everyone. :)
    April 20, 2020, 12:02:31 PM
  • Quiet: Happy Monday y'all! Hope everyone is keeping well!
    April 06, 2020, 10:02:32 PM
  • Quiet: LOL he is for sure doing more with his life than I was when I was 16.
    March 24, 2020, 06:17:53 PM
  • Yuri Aximand: I believe in him!
    March 24, 2020, 05:03:42 PM
  • Yuri Aximand: Arkin can do it!
    March 24, 2020, 05:03:38 PM
  • Quiet: He's got it together pretty good for a 16ish year old....but this is A LOT!!!!
    March 24, 2020, 01:59:42 AM
  • Quiet: Poor Arkin just wants an adult lol.
    March 24, 2020, 01:55:38 AM
  • Yuri Aximand: hey :)
    March 23, 2020, 05:38:48 PM
  • Arkin Holt: How is everyone doing? Everyone doing okay? It's a hard and scary time for sure.
    March 22, 2020, 08:22:54 PM
  • Arkin Holt: Sounds good to me!!
    March 22, 2020, 05:31:34 PM
  • Michelle Whitaker: We can end the thread there if you want Hubert, it seems like a good place :)
    March 22, 2020, 05:22:34 PM
  • Michelle Whitaker: VERY!!!!
    March 19, 2020, 10:45:09 PM
  • Arkin Holt: Re Michelle: Rico IS scary lol!
    March 19, 2020, 10:26:26 PM
  • Quiet: Hope everyone is keeing well in this less than ideal situation!
    March 19, 2020, 03:35:03 PM
  • Mercedes Carello: She really is! <3
    March 19, 2020, 01:37:15 AM
  • Webs: ;) Mara is the light from stars. a dead star still projecting from light years away
    March 18, 2020, 06:53:44 PM
  • Michelle Whitaker: hi
    March 12, 2020, 02:04:20 PM
  • Quiet: Whenever I see a Mara post I get happy and then very sad lol.
    March 11, 2020, 09:39:05 PM

* Directories

RPG-DRPG Initiative

Author Topic: Check-In Thread  (Read 158 times)

Check-In Thread
« on: March 23, 2020, 12:51:29 AM »
Just wanted to start a check-in thread. It's a pretty scary time and I think everyone could use support. We don't have to be totally isolated (see the internet can actually be good for something lol). We are a really good group of people here and I think we can really help support and uplift each other.

What are we all doing for self-care? I'm working on organizing the house. I'm hoping that getting rid of a lot of the stuff we don't use and just making the house less jumbled will help with stress.

How are we all doing? I'm okay. Starting to get a little cabin fever but otherwise doing okay. I almost impulse painted the living room lavender - but I did stop myself from ordering the paint lol.

Anything else you want to talk about? We are here for each other.

Anka Rheinberger | Dot Pixis | Arkin Holt | Miriam Gracey | Mina Carolina | Hugh Fraser | Rico Brzenska

Re: Check-In Thread
« Reply #1 on: March 23, 2020, 07:49:39 PM »
What a great idea, Quiet! Thanks for starting this. <3

Hello darlings!

If you don't see me around much, it's because my work continues despite not being able to go in to the office. Unfortunately this means things take longer. Outside of work we're in the process of doing things around the house (such as flooring) when me and my Darling Viking aren't tied to conference calls. My brain has been a little preoccupied lately!

Semi-isolation has been my lifestyle for a while now so honestly, not much has changed for me, with the exception of my fella now being home. Mentally/emotionally I'm doing okay and I'm trying to keep that up so I can calm down the more anxious people I know. I've been journaling regularly, too, and I'm trying to find positives and new healthy practices in all this, such as weaning off caffeine, working in my yard, and cooking more.

That's about it from me, really. I hope this surreal, scary time passes soon but in the meantime, feel free to message me! Quiet's right in that we have the Internet as a blessing.

~ B

Mercedes Carello | Tamsin Spiegel | Miranda Carlstedt-Gaus 
Julia Carello | Minister Siegfried JusticaMinister Saul Holloway | Alein Valdeze | Meera Valdeze

« Reply #2 on: March 23, 2020, 08:11:40 PM »
Hi Guys,
             This is an awesome idea.

As for my current operational status, things are grim but not yet decided. I will be getting paid still from my old place of work, just at 80% of my normal finances. Fortunately due to my living arrangements, this is more than sufficient for the moment. However the negative side of this is that my boss is usually late with the pay...

As some of you have probably read in discord, I am in the hunt for work and also getting into my fitness once more just in case the need turns dire and I have to reenlist.

I will be quite active and will always be down for threads/rps and have plenty of open threads, since it helps me to cope with the problems we currently face. If anyone ever needs to talk/vent, feel free to message me either on site or discord.

To close I would like to use a quote from a book I read, one which is used in defiance and as a battle cry, something to rally around and wield. "Cadia stands."

« Reply #3 on: March 24, 2020, 02:51:08 AM »
Having my husband around all the time is interesting so far. He mostly stays in the home office or bedroom and works but it's still just very out of the norm lol. His college is finishing out the semester online and he has never taught online classes so he is pretty nervous. I think he'll do great though.  :)

Mercy - You were in the service? Do you mind telling what branch? My folks were both in the Air Force and one grandfather was in the Navy and the other was Army. And I'm sending good thoughts and prayers for you in your job search. I know you'll knock whatever you do out of the park.

Baroness - You're right. This is a good time to try new things. I'm going to give yoga a try. I've always been interested in it - but never took the plunge. There are a ton of YouTube videos and I found a few that looked like I would not hurt myself doing them lol.

We should recommend podcats, movies, shows, YouTube channels to each other. :) :)

It's worth saying - please no one be ashamed to ask for help during this time. There are food pantries and other services out there to be utilized so please use them. It does not mean you failed in any way. If anything - it means society is failing itself because people are being put into a situation where they need those services.

Anka Rheinberger | Dot Pixis | Arkin Holt | Miriam Gracey | Mina Carolina | Hugh Fraser | Rico Brzenska

Tags:

* Tagbox

Refresh History

* Credits

Site banner, advert image and affiliate button created by Moon Child

Reluctant Heroes is in no way affiliated with Shingeki no Kyojin, Attack on Titan or Funimation and we give full credit to Hajime Isayama. Copyrights and trademarks for the manga and anime are held by their respective owners while all original content remains the property of the individual writers and artists.

We are grateful to former staff member Artsy for her creative input.