• Dot Hidden: 0
  • Dot Users: 1
  • Dot Users Online:

* Wanted

* Chatbox

Refresh History
  • Puffin: Ah, so happy you think she's a fit! :D
    June 05, 2020, 12:49:13 PM
  • Quiet: Luna Lovegood as Annie! I'm here for that.
    June 05, 2020, 12:24:04 AM
  • Quiet: Sounds like a plan! Looking forward to it. :-)
    June 04, 2020, 06:28:11 PM
  • Puffin: Long overdue, but I'll be sending you a wee message tonight! It'll be great to catch-up and plot. <3
    June 04, 2020, 06:03:07 PM
  • Puffin: Not too bad, thanks! Had a stressful few weeks with work, but finally got put on furlough yesterday, so that's a relief.
    June 04, 2020, 06:02:35 PM
  • Quiet: Can't complain! How on things on your end?
    June 04, 2020, 03:20:16 PM
  • Puffin: Hey Quiet! How's it going? You're the face claim queen, Dormer is fab! :)
    June 04, 2020, 03:19:39 PM
  • Quiet: Howdy y'all!
    June 04, 2020, 02:51:43 PM
  • Anka Rheinberger: Awww yisss!!!
    June 04, 2020, 12:17:18 AM
  • Puffin: Ruth is wonderful, Quiet!  I can't wait to plot. <3
    June 04, 2020, 12:13:55 AM
  • Rico Brzenska: Howdy y'all!
    June 03, 2020, 10:32:01 PM
  • Puffin: And happy birthday to best girl Anka! :D
    June 01, 2020, 11:28:44 PM
  • Puffin: Hey Quiet! <3 We're living in some strange times, I hope you're coping okay and that all's well in your corner of the world. I'll be in touch properly soon. :)
    June 01, 2020, 11:28:26 PM
  • Quiet: Howdy y'all. The world has gone to hell and a handbasket...but just wanted to pop in and say hi. And happy birthday Anka. Hope everyone is staying safe and making good choices.
    June 01, 2020, 11:22:43 PM
  • the dear hunter.: please i forgot i can't do multiple question marks...
    May 12, 2020, 01:28:44 AM
  • the dear hunter.: howzit???? :0
    May 12, 2020, 01:28:32 AM
  • Puffin: Quiet! I hope you're well. <3 I'm sorry to have been so absent folks, replies are coming, I promise. Stay safe, everyone. :)
    April 20, 2020, 12:02:31 PM
  • Quiet: Happy Monday y'all! Hope everyone is keeping well!
    April 06, 2020, 10:02:32 PM
  • Quiet: LOL he is for sure doing more with his life than I was when I was 16.
    March 24, 2020, 06:17:53 PM
  • Yuri Aximand: I believe in him!
    March 24, 2020, 05:03:42 PM

* Directories

RPG-DRPG Initiative

Author Topic: does not play well with others  (Read 66 times)

does not play well with others
« on: May 18, 2020, 10:58:31 PM »

ANNIE LEONHARDT
SIXTEEN | CADET | MARLEY
ATHLETIC | NONCHALANT | RESILIENT

‹ FRIENDS ›
Ideally, Annie aims to make it to graduation - and beyond - without forming any close relationships.  Bertholdt and Reiner have the advantage of already being known to her, but even they aren’t immune to the walls she has built around herself.  Chronically bored, seemingly unfeeling, she shows no apparent interest in any of her fellow cadets - but that doesn’t mean she lacks compassion, or is actively unkind.  Rapport of a quiet, unassuming sort is possible with Annie, but at the end of the day there isn’t a living, breathing soul she wouldn’t sacrifice in order to make it home.

‹ ENEMIES ›
Just as Annie doesn’t seek friendship, nor does she seek enmity.  All she desires is peace, and the opportunity to plan for the next step of the Warriors’ mission.  That doesn’t mean there won’t be characters who take umbrage with her, especially given her cold, blunt demeanour.  Some might even resent the fact that, although she presents as lazy and disinterested, she still manages to excel academically.  Quietly proud of her abilities and skill, she could be incensed into some healthy rivalries.

‹ ROMANCE ›
If being a friend to Annie is a challenge, becoming something more is bordering on impossible.  Between her youth, brutal upbringing, and the objective and promise that hang heavy over her head, Annie insists she does not understand the concept of love.  Trust does not come easily, and vulnerability makes her profoundly uncomfortable.  To feel any sort of affection - platonic or romantic - is akin to weakness to her, and is something she will shy from.  But despite her best attempts to remain entirely aloof, Annie experiences unwanted stirrings of compassion for others, so there is certainly room for other feelings to grow.  I generally prefer for romance to develop organically through threads, but I’m also open to talking about potential plots. - Bertholdt Hoover worked his magic, so Annie is closed to romantic plots.

‹ THREAD IDEAS ›

• All the Titan Trio goodness - past, present and future!
  • Annie is a master of hand-to-hand combat; she might be convinced to offer guidance.
  • Unbeknown to many, Annie has a sweet tooth.  Treats will buy her interest, for a time.
  • Apathy rolls off this girl in waves.  Perhaps a studious or passionate cadet is irked to see Annie slacking.
  • A group project?  Oh no!

(Just including a quick note to say I’m in the process of shaking off the rust after an unexpected hiatus.  I have a pile of other characters I still need to catch up with, so I plan on initially limiting the number of threads I throw Annie into.  Thanks to all you lovelies who have been so patient with me!)
« Last Edit: May 31, 2020, 10:38:10 PM by Annie Leonhardt »

Re: does not play well with others
« Reply #1 on: June 03, 2020, 10:47:27 PM »
*wanders in way after the party is over. like the cleaning staff are sweeping at this point*

I am also shaking the dust off and trying to regain some inspiration lol. So very dusty.

I can offer Mina (http://reluctant-heroes.com/index.php?topic=933.msg3609#msg3609). There is some canonical background between them and I think at least on Mina's end, she would have called Annie a friend.

Mina gets care packages from home and her mom and granny always include some sort of sweet treat. I'm sure she'd offer to share with Annie. Also, Mina is quick, but mediocre at hand to hand combat. She'd appreciate any help Annie could/would give her.

So...anyways. I'm open to anything you'd want to do and if you have ideas for any of my other characters - please let me know!

Anka Rheinberger | Dot Pixis | Arkin Holt | Miriam Gracey | Mina Carolina | Hugh Fraser | Rico Brzenska

« Reply #2 on: June 05, 2020, 01:03:54 AM »

► Annie and Mina

Don’t you worry Quiet, the party is just getting started - we can shake off the dust together!  Also, I couldn’t resist including this lovely art I stumbled across the other day. :D 

I imagine Mina would be precisely the kind of person Annie would plan to hide behind.  Your girl is cheerful, upbeat, chatty - hopefully the sort to fill any awkward silences and tolerate Annie’s general lack of enthusiasm.  Although Annie would likely never admit it out loud, Mina’s courage in the face of fear and her desire to join the Survey Corps would be something she admires, though she’d probably try to discourage her from her regiment choice the closer graduation looms.  Ultimately, I’d love to see Mina become one of the people Annie is - reluctantly - fond of.  If there is ever a Crystal Titan rampage against the Survey Corps on RH (not going to lie, I hope there is), I see Mina being one Annie would actively avoid killing, which is about as close to friendship as it gets with her.

Annie is like a stray, you feed her once and she keeps coming back. XD  We could start with a care package type thread - maybe they’re bunkmates, or bunk near to one another? - or perhaps hand-to-hand would be an earlier interaction for them.  I actually think Mina might be one of the few that Annie would actively approach to offer help to.  Smol girls have to stick together!

Annie Leonhardt | Dalton Lightbody † | Eld Jinn | Farran Falkenrath | Ian Dietrich
Jarek Valdeze | Laria Rockfield | Marco Bott | Struna Mayberry

(avatar art credit)

« Reply #3 on: June 05, 2020, 01:32:14 AM »
Whoooo...shake the dust off party!

What a pretty piece of art! Thanks for sharing it. I've seen some Annie/Mina art on Tumblr and it's always very sweet and sad. I do think Annie had some care for Mina. If I remember correctly, Mina is the body Annie is apologizing to.

I won't speak for Annie, but Mina is one of the rare characters that is shorter than she is. Per the wiki, Mina is about 4'9 lol. I know that when I meet a person who is actually smaller than I am...I'm always like...come stand by me!

I think starting them off as bunkmates and Mina getting a care package with cookies or something would work. Maybe Mina is on the top bunk and Annie just sees this hand come down with a treat, "What one!?" That could lead to a conversation about how Mina has seen Annie fight and wishes she could be better. Annie is someone Mina would want to be like in a way. She is someone Mina would admire.

I think...and this might be way way off in the future...if/when Annie is discovered and if Mina is still around - Mina might want to be the one to confront/help confront her. Or even try and take her out. That is far off though I think.

Yay short girls! Get Historia in here and they can complain about high shelves and pants that will never fit!

Anka Rheinberger | Dot Pixis | Arkin Holt | Miriam Gracey | Mina Carolina | Hugh Fraser | Rico Brzenska

« Reply #4 on: June 05, 2020, 11:11:20 AM »
► Annie and Mina

Party hats for everyone!! :D

There are some lovely pieces of Mina and Annie!  Often sad and sweet, as you say.  Typing my last post, I recalled the scene of Annie apologising to Mina’s remains too.  Annie is all wide-eyed and glassy-looking in the manga, there’s no way she wasn’t affected by Mina’s death.  I think there is care there too.  If I remember rightly, the girls are often seen in the background of scenes in each other’s company, so I get the sense they spent a good deal of time together.

4’9” - how tiny!  Annie will feel tall for the first time in her life!

Aww, Mina is such a sweetheart.  That scenario sounds absolutely perfect to me, Quiet!  It ties the hand-to-hand business in nicely too.  Do you have any preference on who starts?  I’m easy either way!

I think it would be great - and really powerful stuff - if Mina was one of the ones to confront Annie if/when the time comes.  It’ll be interesting to see how Utopia affects the Titan Trio’s scheming, but I get the feeling a confrontation is inevitable.

Haha, that would actually be brilliant!  Smol girl squad, unite! <3

Annie Leonhardt | Dalton Lightbody † | Eld Jinn | Farran Falkenrath | Ian Dietrich
Jarek Valdeze | Laria Rockfield | Marco Bott | Struna Mayberry

(avatar art credit)

« Reply #5 on: June 05, 2020, 01:25:20 PM »
We get hats! Sweet. :-)

Annie/Mina

I was surprised when I read how little Mina was lol. Had to double-check! Mina will always be the smol in a smol/tol ship lol. Annie and Mina did appear together a lot. I wonder if Annie ever wished she met Mina under different circumstances.

That works for me. Mina would get a care package every week or so and she would always be happy to share with Annie. And if they ever have cooking duty together, maybe Mina could teach her to cook/bake some things.

If you want to start the Annie/Mina thread, I will be happy to start the Eld/Ruth thread when we figure out what we want to do with that one.

Tags:

* Tagbox

Refresh History

* Credits

Site banner, advert image and affiliate button created by Moon Child

Reluctant Heroes is in no way affiliated with Shingeki no Kyojin, Attack on Titan or Funimation and we give full credit to Hajime Isayama. Copyrights and trademarks for the manga and anime are held by their respective owners while all original content remains the property of the individual writers and artists.

We are grateful to former staff member Artsy for her creative input.