* Who's Online

• Dot Guests: 149
  • Dot Hidden: 0
  • Dot Users: 5
  • Dot Users Online:

* Wanted

* Chatbox

Refresh History
  • Razahir Kōri: Howdy everyone! ^^ Soem of you may still remember me! :D I just want to write that I'm terribly sorry for disappearing for such a long time! IRL took it's tll on me in the past few months! Both my work and my MSc studies kinda things for me/ With that I would like to apologize to everyone I made wait! Starting next week I'm planning on catching up with all my replies! After that I'll be really slow till February, but I'll try to write at least every two weeks in case I receive replies! ^^ Again sorry everyone and I hope all of you are doing well! ^^ Sora
    November 22, 2020, 07:58:14 PM
  • Petra Ral: I am good thanks, you?
    November 22, 2020, 03:43:51 PM
  • Petra Ral: Hey Puffin! Sorry I did not see this xD
    November 22, 2020, 03:43:46 PM
  • Puffin: Mercy! <3  How are you?
    November 20, 2020, 09:23:37 PM
  • Petra Ral: Evening all
    November 19, 2020, 05:08:50 PM
  • Petra Ral: Hi!
    November 10, 2020, 02:50:53 PM
  • Puffin: How is it Sunday already?! I hope everyone is having a good weekend!
    November 08, 2020, 04:26:45 PM
  • Webs: Hi, Ramgami!! And hello to all guests :)
    November 04, 2020, 05:50:40 PM
  • Puffin: Happy November, everyone! <3
    November 02, 2020, 12:06:19 PM
  • Puffin: I hope everyone is having a good weekend so far! ^^
    October 24, 2020, 06:14:05 PM
  • Quiet: And Kenny!  :D
    October 21, 2020, 01:17:46 AM
  • Quiet: Hi Lingwasta! Welcome to RH!
    October 21, 2020, 12:56:07 AM
  • Quiet: But yeah I think Fergus will be interesting to write once he gets in the game. :-)
    October 18, 2020, 01:48:13 AM
  • Quiet: I was proud of that lol!
    October 17, 2020, 11:58:44 PM
  • Puffin: Love Colin Morgan for Fergus Hardt, Quiet!  And I thoroughly enjoyed the GIF of him munching in his application. :D
    October 17, 2020, 11:40:51 PM
  • Puffin: Miri deserves all the hugs!
    October 17, 2020, 11:40:37 PM
  • Quiet: Miri got a hug! Blessed moment!
    October 17, 2020, 11:23:14 PM
  • Puffin: You too, Quiet! <3 I can't believe the weekend is here already, this week passed so quickly.
    October 16, 2020, 11:42:07 PM
  • Quiet: Hope everyone is having a good Friday and is heading into a relaxing weekend!
    October 16, 2020, 06:52:25 PM
  • Quiet: Happy Birthday Erwin!  ^^
    October 14, 2020, 01:22:27 PM

* Directories

RPG-DRPG Initiative

Author Topic: Those That Remain (Rico/Open) Post-Utopia  (Read 62 times)

Those That Remain (Rico/Open) Post-Utopia
« on: October 14, 2020, 11:26:51 PM »
Garrison HQ/Late Afternoon

Rico's cheek itched and she fought the urge to claw at her face. During the battle for Utopia, Rico had gotten a fairly deep three or so inch gash across her left cheek. Closer to her jaw than to her eye. She had not noticed until Arkin had run up to her and slapped a bandage on her face. Rico had honestly just thought the wetness on her face was sweat. Arkin told her that the "meaty" part of her cheek was showing and she needed stitches. Rico had protested - saying there was too much to be done. But Pixis had ordered her to a medical tent where a nurse had stitched her up. The woman had told Rico she would probably have a scar, but Rico had just shrugged. A scar? She was luckier than many who had ridden into battle that day.

She'd just ridden back to Trost today and everything hurt. She was sore from battle and from the road. She wanted a bath and to crawl into bed to sleep for a week. But there was just too much that needed to be done. She'd been sent back to help organize that.

It was quiet as Rico made her way towards her office. That was to be expected. Most of the support staff had been mobilized to help in Utopia and many would not be coming back. Hyram, the friendly and efficient clerk that looked after the Garrison's Elite teams had fallen at Utopia. Rico had seen his torso in one of the carts that was hauling the dead away and had then had watched it burn on a pyre. She had wept.

And of course there was Anka. Pixis had put out a special order to locate her corpse, but so far nothing. It was foolish, but Rico still held a tiny sliver of hope that Anka would show up alive. Hope was often foolish.

Making her way to her office, Rico paused and looked at Hyram's desk. It still had papers on it. A few forms that needed her, Ian, and Mitabi's signatures, the supply list Rico had given him before all hell had broken loose, and a bunch of other papers Rico was sure were important. She sighed and rested her hands on the desk for a moment before cursing loudly and stalking away towards the cabinets where all the forms were kept. She needed a bunch.

When Rico realized she needed a key to open the cabinet, she rested her forhead against the cool wood and cursed again. Taking a few deep breaths, Rico scratched her stitches and wondered where the key would be.

"Shit."

“Our duty is to be useful, not according to our desires but according to our powers.”

* Tagbox

Refresh History
  • Dalton Lightbody: Reply for Kilian! [link]
    November 16, 2020, 12:42:30 PM
  • Hilda Meissner: Reply for Mara! [link]
    November 14, 2020, 09:59:19 PM
  • Laria Rockfield: Reply for Utopia's Team Seven! [link]
    November 06, 2020, 10:03:42 PM
  • Dalton Lightbody: Reply for Kilian! [link]
    November 05, 2020, 03:36:10 PM
  • Puffin: Site Update #07 is here! [link]
    November 02, 2020, 04:39:39 PM
  • Puffin: There has been an update to the rules, be sure to take a look. [link]
    November 02, 2020, 12:32:41 PM
  • Puffin: Roll Call #15 is live! [link]
    November 02, 2020, 12:13:27 AM
  • Tamsin Spiegel: Tamsin for Hugh! [link]
    October 24, 2020, 11:52:48 PM
  • Puffin: New staff announcement! A big thank you to Gehrig and to everyone who put themselves forward. ♡ [link]
    October 24, 2020, 02:00:50 PM
  • Petra Ral: Michelle for the Garrison/team six (Utopia) [link]
    October 21, 2020, 04:13:24 PM

* Credits

Site banner, advert image and affiliate button created by Moon Child

Reluctant Heroes is in no way affiliated with Shingeki no Kyojin, Attack on Titan or Funimation and we give full credit to Hajime Isayama. Copyrights and trademarks for the manga and anime are held by their respective owners while all original content remains the property of the individual writers and artists.

We are grateful to former staff member Artsy for her creative input.