* Who's Online

• Dot Guests: 74
  • Dot Hidden: 0
  • Dot Users: 3
  • Dot Users Online:

* Wanted

* Chatbox

Refresh History
  • Quiet: But yeah I think Fergus will be interesting to write once he gets in the game. :-)
    October 18, 2020, 01:48:13 AM
  • Quiet: I was proud of that lol!
    October 17, 2020, 11:58:44 PM
  • Puffin: Love Colin Morgan for Fergus Hardt, Quiet!  And I thoroughly enjoyed the GIF of him munching in his application. :D
    October 17, 2020, 11:40:51 PM
  • Puffin: Miri deserves all the hugs!
    October 17, 2020, 11:40:37 PM
  • Quiet: Miri got a hug! Blessed moment!
    October 17, 2020, 11:23:14 PM
  • Puffin: You too, Quiet! <3 I can't believe the weekend is here already, this week passed so quickly.
    October 16, 2020, 11:42:07 PM
  • Quiet: Hope everyone is having a good Friday and is heading into a relaxing weekend!
    October 16, 2020, 06:52:25 PM
  • Quiet: Happy Birthday Erwin!  ^^
    October 14, 2020, 01:22:27 PM
  • Quiet: I think she would be a fun and very interesting character to write!
    October 10, 2020, 12:42:38 AM
  • Unshaken: Hey Quiet! I am, yeah.  Thank you, i hope I do well in portraying her.
    October 10, 2020, 12:33:05 AM
  • Quiet: Hey Unshaken! You're taking Hange? That is great! You're going to do awesome!
    October 10, 2020, 12:08:21 AM
  • Quiet: Greetings from the good old USA everyone. Hope things are as well as possible wherever you are. :-)
    October 09, 2020, 10:14:14 PM
  • Puffin: I hope you're staying safe too, Quiet!  And that everyone is having a relaxing weekend so far. <3
    September 26, 2020, 09:32:21 PM
  • Quiet: Happy Tuesday everyone! Hope everyone is staying safe! :-)
    September 15, 2020, 01:24:15 PM
  • Quiet: Looks like we are getting an Oluo! That is wonderful to see!
    September 10, 2020, 11:34:41 PM
  • Puffin: I hope everyone is having a good week so far.  Not long now until the weekend! <3
    September 10, 2020, 10:27:20 PM
  • Quiet: Morning y'all! Or afternoon or evening! Whatever it is where you are. :-)
    September 08, 2020, 02:01:52 PM
  • Quiet: As good as to be expected!
    September 06, 2020, 10:12:24 PM
  • Puffin: Hey Quiet! <3 Holding up okay here, thanks. How are you? I'm glad Mrs. Carolina would be happy to know her cookies were a big hit! :)
    September 06, 2020, 10:11:23 PM
  • Quiet: Hows everyone doing?
    September 06, 2020, 03:28:28 PM

* Directories

RPG-DRPG Initiative

Author Topic: [OPEN] Serious Tea Talk (Post Utopia/OPEN)  (Read 1558 times)

Re: Serious Tea Talk (Post Utopia/OPEN)
« Reply #45 on: September 20, 2020, 09:26:36 AM »
Moblit chuckled at the thought before shaking his head. They didn't have time to worry about such pointless things. But he hoped that one day soon, they wouldn't have to worry about their friends and family dying. That they could live care free lives and joke about the smaller things in life. "Heh. If that's the case then at least they know who's side I'll always take in a fight." he said, a playful smile tugging at his lips.

"I think you're being too hard on yourself." He said. Everything she made had always tasted amazing. He had his doubts that any regular meals coming from her would taste horrible like she claimed. It wasn't much different from baking. "Hm. I have to agree fresh bread is pretty great." He murmured.

Once Moblit was in the bed, he had opted to lay on his side, facing Petra. He had wanted to get closer to her, but had waited for some sort of conformation. Why was he nervous though? They had plenty of physical contact already, this wasn't any different. He had noticed Petra seemed nervous. He couldn't help but feel worried. Moblit was about to ask Petra if she was alright, but had stopped when he saw her reaching her hand out to him.

He stayed quiet as she spoke, feeling his cheeks heat up. So she didn't mind then. Moblit's gaze softened and he scooted closer to Petra. He wrapped an arm around her, pulling her close, his hand resting on her lower back. He gently rested his chin on top of her head. He could feel himself relax now that she was close to him. At least in this moment, he knew she was safe.

"Of course I saved your life. We all need you safe, Petra." He murmured quietly. They were comrades after all, so it was only natural they help each other. Even so, he knew he'd go out of his way to keep her safe. He didn't want to think about what would happen if they lost her. Moblit glanced over at the wall, pushing his thoughts away. "You don't have to worry about me falling off. I know I'm clumsy sometimes, but I know how to not roll off a bed." He said, a tired laugh leaving him.

We are the ones who will never be broken
With our final breath
We'll fight to the death

« Reply #46 on: September 20, 2020, 08:47:04 PM »
 Petra laughed sleepily at that. "I'll always have your back too." She promised, hoping the only fights that they needed to back each other up in would be friendly squabbles with comrades. But alas, the reality of the world was one of conflict. They had to fight Titans for if not them then who? The Scouts were responsible for most if not all of the knowledge against the Titans, if no one else rode out what truths might they never uncover?

She shook her head at him. "I'm not, baking is where I am skilled." She appreciated his vote of confidence in her all the same, even if she believed it to be wrong. "It is. Unless you explode a bag of flour in the kitchen." Petra added with a mischievous light in her eyes. It had been one of those times in life where you either laughed or cried about it, fortunately for Petra she tended to go with the former rather than the latter.

Petra let him scoot over then pull her close, she let out a contented sigh as his warmth slipped into her body. She wrapped an arm round him, yet she felt surprised by how safe and content she felt like this. Even if it was only for a moment, such moments deserved to be enjoyed. "I have to keep an eye on the Levi squad and you." She whispered to him. "If you do I'll laugh." Petra promised, she was in no danger of falling out since the wall happened to be behind her. She let out a quiet yawn and snuggled closer, her eyelids fluttering shut before flicking open again as Petra waged unequal struggle against the desire to fall asleep.

« Reply #47 on: September 20, 2020, 09:39:32 PM »
Moblit smiled faintly at that and glanced down. "That's reassuring to hear." He murmured softly.  He was grateful she had his back, but he if a fight ever broke out, he wouldn't want to drag her into it. Not that he ever wished for himself to get into a fight. He thought his communication skills were well enough to talk through most things. A faint scoff left him. "If only talking worked on titans. That would make things much easier for us." he murmured.

Moblit laughed quietly and smirked a bit. "I can help you learn to cook a new dish." He offered softly. His cooking skills weren't anything spectacular, but he could manage something small. Not that he really ever cooked much of anything these days, but once in a while he would.

He stilled as Petra shifted and got into a more comfortable position. He let out a small hum, turning his head down to press a soft kiss to Petra's forehead. He glanced away for a quick moment before looking back at her. "You don't have to keep an eye on me, Petra." he mumbled, his smile fading slightly. The last thing he wanted was to become a distraction to her. "I'll be alright. I don't plan on getting killed any time soon." He said.

He then settled back down beside her, chuckling softly. "You laugh and i'm tugging you off too." He warned playfully. He was joking of course, but he didn't mind messing around with her.

With our final breath
We'll fight to the death

« Reply #48 on: September 20, 2020, 09:50:11 PM »
"I would not be a very good girlfriend if I did not join in." She said sleepily. "Cannot have you beating people up without me." Petra joked, though she doubted that either of them would find cause to start a fight or end up involved in a fight against their fellow humans any time soon.
She nodded the once. "You are right. But..." A yawn interrupted her before she could finish the sentence. "But you and Hange are doing experiments to find out if they can engage in communication with Titans..." Honestly, Petra did not know what happened to be more terrifying, the fact that Titans might not be able to communicate or that they could, but chose not to communicate. Both seemed equally terrifying.

"I'd like that thank you." Petra replied, she could teach him how to bake and he can teach her some meals to cook. It seemed like a fair trade to her.

"I do..." She protested sleepily. "You're my boyfriend I have to watch out for you as you do for me." Petra replied with the logic and clarity of a sleep muddled brain. "On duty we are both capable of looking out for ourselves, but off duty we are a couple." Petra sleepily argued, clearly losing the battle to stay awake as her eyes had fallen shut.

"I'll put my ODM gear on just in case." Petra countered, a tired smile forming on her face as her eye lids flickered briefly open to look at him. "Please stay..." She whispered, her tired mind wondering and fearing that he might decide to leave during the night.

« Reply #49 on: September 21, 2020, 05:09:45 PM »
Moblit glanced down at Petra and rose an eyebrow. "Join in?" He questioned. He really didn't see her as the type to join in fights if it wasn't a titan. He then shook his head and smiled. "Petra, how many fights do you honestly believe I've been in?" he asked teasingly.

He nodded, sighing softly and looked over towards the wall. Yes, they were doing experiments. Or, rather Hange was. He was just there to keep her out of a titan's mouth. At this point, one would think Hange would be more cautious. But so far Moblit had yet to witness that. "The experiments have been...interesting to say the least." he murmured.

Moblit smiled and looked down at Petra. "Sure. I'll have to make some free time one of these days then." He said. He wasn't the greatest teacher when it came to food, but he would try.

A soft laugh escaped Moblit at her protest. It was sweet to hear how much she cared. He gently ran his hand along her back before his hand stilled again. "Alright. So long as I don't distract you from your job then I don't mind." he murmured, holding her close. She had a point. They were both capable and skilled soldiers. Still, that didn't let him worry any less about her safety. Or any of their comrades for that matter.

Moblit was silent for a moment. He then nodded a bit. "I'm not going to leave, Petra. I'll still be here in the morning. I promise." He said softly.

With our final breath
We'll fight to the death

« Reply #50 on: September 21, 2020, 05:23:04 PM »
 She shrugged her shoulders awkwardly. "I don't think you have been in many fights... You don't seem the type who start fights with people." At least that was what Petra thought, she had never heard of Moblit getting into fights, preventing Hange from getting eaten by a Titan yes, but not him fighting his fellow humans.

"I still don't know how you and Hange can get so close to them." Petra admitted, amazed by their bravery in both cases. She shuddered at the idea of getting so close to one of those monsters, even if it was immobile. What if it managed to break free? Another shudder, she understood the reasons for capturing them but all the same preferred to stay as far away from them as possible.

"Alright, you can teach me your cooking and I'll teach you to bake." She whispered, clearly struggling to stay away despite their conversation. It was a strange sensation to share a bed with another, but a welcome one all the same.
His warmth, his scent... It was just so relaxing, she could not help but feel herself start to fall into the welcome darkness of sleep.

She shivered at the delightful sensation as he ran his hand along her back. "You won't..." Petra promised, if other scouts could maintain relationships whilst on duty then so could they.

Petra smiled at him, then sleepily leaned forward and kissed him on the lips. It was a brief kiss as she pulled back and settled back down. Her eyes starting to close. "Goodnight Moblit, thank you..." She mumbled quietly before finally falling into the inky darkness of sleep.

« Reply #51 on: September 21, 2020, 05:48:47 PM »

Moblit glanced down at Petra and hummed softly. True, he hadn't been in many. But he had his fair share. "I've been in fights before." He admitted, looking her over. He was shocked that no one had mentioned anything. He was a different man when he first joined the Scouts. "I argued a bit with a few of the commanders when I was first recruited." He said after a moment. Needless to say he had changed over the years.

Moblit felt Petra shudder in his arms and frowned softly. Sure, the thought of being so close to one could be terrifying to anyone. If Hange was afraid, she never showed it. And while he never wanted to get close to them, he knew it was unavoidable. And it was possible one day the captured titans could break free. In which case, well...he didn't want to think of what could happen.

Moblit nodded and smiled softly. "I look forward to learning." He murmured. He was sure she would do a much better job then him.

Moblit smiled warmly at Petra. He was glad she thought this could work. Sure they weren't the only ones dating in the scouts. And so far it seemed to be working out alright. His eyes widened a bit at the kiss, but he relaxed quickly and kissed her back until she broke away.

"Goodnight, Petra." he murmured softly, watching as she fell asleep. Once the other drifted off, he settled in as well, closing his eyes. If anything, he should be the one thanking her. But there would be time for that in the future. He took a while longer to pass out, but eventually drifted off to sleep as well.

With our final breath
We'll fight to the death

« Reply #52 on: September 21, 2020, 07:07:19 PM »
  The night slowly past, but Petra twitched and whimpered in her dreams. She dreamed of Titans, of some of the greatest and most terrible nightmares she bore tragic and unwilling witness to in the waking world. Now born anew in the realm of sleep, these monsters assaulted her a fresh. Part memory, part dream, all horror. With a jolt she sat upright, the awful sensation of massive hands and digits entrapping her still present despite having returned to reality. Her heart raced in her chest and she shivered, eyes wild and staring in the darkness of the room. It took her a few long moments to realise that firstly she was safe and secondly she was not alone. Moblit was still there, still in the room, his presence served as an anchor for her racing mind as it attempted to calm down from the nightmare.

That Titan haunted her memory still, despite being slain, despite being dead... It tormented her in nightmares.  She shuddered, shivering as she remembered those crawl clasping hands grabbing her, lifting her aloft and bringing her up, up towards that distended maw lined with bloody fangs.
Blades blunted, ODM broken... It had been all she could do to reached for a branch to delay what would have been an inevitable and terrible demise. A desperate thrust preventing those jaws from closing and ending her. She would have died once the branch broke or gave way, had Mike not arrived out of nowhere to kill the Titan and save her life.

Yet all the same, that call with death haunted her, perhaps more than being trapped beneath the wreckage. She swallowed, not quite able to find her voice.

« Reply #53 on: September 21, 2020, 07:56:25 PM »
As the night dragged on, Moblit had been asleep peacefully. It wasn't often that he got to enjoy a night of peace, or really more then an hour or two of sleep. His work with Hange prevented him from having a normal night's rest, so this was a welcomed change. It had been undisturbed for the most part.

That is, until he heard the faint whimpers and felt the shaking coming from Petra. Moblit wasn't a particularly heavy sleeper, so it had caught his attention pretty easily. Moblit cracked oopen his eyes, moving his head back to look down at Petra who was still nestled beside him. He couldn't see much in the dark, but from what he gathered, he could tell she was suffering from a nightmare.

He had debated on waking her up. He didn't want to startle her, but he didn't want her to have to go through the nightmare anymore. Before he could do anything though, she had sat up quickly in bed. Moblit drew his arm away from her, a bit startled by her quick actions. It only took him a moment to recover though, staring up at her from where he still laid on the bed.

"Petra?" He asked, keeping his voice quiet and gentle. He slowly shifted on the bed, moving to sit up as well. He went to reach out to her, but stopped before he touched her arm. He wasn't sure if physical contact would upset her more. He would hold off on that.

"Hey...it's alright." Moblit said. It had pained him to see her so upset and terrified. Though he had a feeling he knew what had plagued her dreams. And sadly there wasn't much he could do to get rid of what scared her. "We're safe." He murmured softly, taking a risk and gently set his hand on her back.

With our final breath
We'll fight to the death

« Reply #54 on: September 21, 2020, 08:19:27 PM »
 Petra had not intended to wake Moblit, but she guessed her quick and sudden unexpected wake up must have. "Sorry." She whispered her mouth almost reluctant to speak. She hated the frightened tinge to her voice, but her mind was slowly pulling itself out of a nightmare and assuring her that she was safe, Moblit too assured her that she was safe. Petra swallowed, feeling the reassuring weight of his hand on her back. She hugged him suddenly, seeking a sense of security in the physical presence of another. "I... Thank you I did not mean to wake you." Petra whispered softly as if afraid someone might over hear her talking. "It was a nightmare." She added, though she guessed that must have been obvious given her reactions and behaviour.

Despite still being tired, she felt unwilling to immediately return to sleep, just in case the Titan still lurked in her dreams. Another shudder went through her, she felt cold. Petra knew many of the Scouts suffered from nightmares, their job made sure they all possessed plenty of opportunity to gather nightmare fuel. However she had hoped that the presence of Moblit might be enough to prevent any nightmares from occurring sadly not. At least however, he happened to be here, it would be worse to deal with all of this alone.

She shuffled on the bed, taking several deep breaths not sure if she wanted to talk about the nightmare or if she wanted to talk about anything else, just as long as it happened to be her and Moblit. Yet a silence hung over her as if she feared speaking might draw the attention of a phantom or some unknown Titan, she tried to shake off the feeling of the nightmare. She was a soldier, not some frightened child spooked by a bad dream. Still, she hugged Moblit tight as if by doing so it might ground her tired mind in reality and prevent the return of the nightmare.

« Reply #55 on: September 21, 2020, 09:50:32 PM »
Moblit shook his head when she apologized. She had nothing to be sorry for. Nightmares were common amongst soldiers. He'd had his fair share of them in his years of being with the Survey Corps. He had yet to find a way to prevent them, but the comfort of being next to someone else always helped. It was reassuring.

Moblit had been a bit shocked by the sudden hug. His hands hovered by her for a moment before he wrapped his arms around Petra. He held her securely to his chest, placing a soft kiss to her head. He frowned softly and hushed her, rubbing her back. He hated how he couldn't do more for her. But he wasn't going to let her suffer alone.

"It's alright. We're both still alive and safe." He murmured, looking down at the bed. For now at least. As much as he tried to be optimistic, deep down he was worried about what the future held. But for now, he wasn't going to make Petra feel any worse worrying about that. "Nothing is going to hurt you while I'm here." he said.

With our final breath
We'll fight to the death

« Reply #56 on: September 21, 2020, 10:05:43 PM »
 She took a deep breath, glad he was with her, glad they were together here in this world. Despite the nightmare, she felt a small flicker of a smile as he kissed her head. Petra felt herself calm as he rubbed her back and held her close to him. Petra nodded, he was right they were both alive and safe. "You are right." She tried to not let her mind consider that this safety was based only on the fact that the Wall still stood, however she needed to only look back a few days to see how easily that illusion of safety could be shattered. "Thank you." She murmured, wondering perhaps if her father was right, that she was too young to dedicate herself to the Levi and the squad, to the Scouts. Maybe she should transfer to the Garrison. Yet even as her mind brought up such treasonous thoughts, she knew she could never abandon the Scouts, regardless of nightmares or what might happen to her.

"It was about the time when I got separated from the rest of the Scouts in the forest." Petra began, finding herself unwilling to stop now that she had given voice to her bad dream. "It was pouring with rain and more Titans kept coming in... I was low on gas, blades and I had no idea where my horse or the regiment was." She fell silent for a few seconds clearly remembering. "I cut down three in rapid succession but then another came... But my canisters were out and I was left with two broken blades. I... I blinded the creature and ran but you know how fast they recover... It caught me and..." She trailed off picturing those jaws closing, no branch to delay them, no Mike to swoop in and save her this time... Just those jaws terrible jaws.

She shuffled again as she attempted to cuddle closer to him. "It was just a bad dream." Petra reassured herself, though it was clear she doubted it but said it regardless.

« Reply #57 on: September 22, 2020, 09:37:41 PM »
Moblit stared down at Petra, a soft frown on his lips. He knew this probably wasn't doing much in terms of reassuring her. But it was all he could do in the moment. He felt Petra nod against him and he willed a small smile to tug at his lips. "Of course I'm right. When have I ever been wrong?" He asked teasingly, trying to lighten the mood a bit. In truth he had been wrong several times, but he tried not to linger on those moments too much.

Moblit stayed quiet as Petra started retelling him the events of her nightmare. It had pained him to hear. Not only because she had to relive these events, but because it had happened in the first place. He could only imagine how terrified she must have been. Or still was. Oddly enough, his experiences with almost being eaten alive, it somehow numbed him to the fear of it. That didn't mean it still never terrified him when he witnessed his comrades going through the same thing. But at least she survived.

"I'm sorry." He mumbled after a moment, closing his eyes. Whatever else he could have said wouldn't make a bit of difference. It was a nightmare that sadly Petra would have to endure more of. And every time she left the walls, Moblit knew it wouldn't be pleasant. "I wish there was more I could do to help you." He whispered.

With our final breath
We'll fight to the death

« Reply #58 on: September 22, 2020, 09:50:16 PM »
"And there I was thinking it was only us girls who got to be right all the time." Petra countered with some half hearted teasing of her own. She took a deep breath, glad of his presence, enjoying the warmth of him and the steady reassuring beat of his heart. "You have a strong heart." She whispered softly.

"You are helping me." Petra reassured him, it had been her closest brush with death but she survived, she could live on and dedicate herself towards what she wished to do with her life. Her dad would never receive the news that she had fallen because she still lived. Petra knew however the nightmare would remain with her, even when she was old and grey, but at least she would have survived to reach such an achievement. Most Scouts never lived beyond four years in the regiment.

Petra lifted her head off of his chest and kissed him on the cheek. "You don't need to apologise Moblit. The fact you are here is enough." She promised him, feeling more settled now as the effects of the nightmare began to fade properly. 

« Reply #59 on: September 22, 2020, 11:26:49 PM »
Moblit rolled his eyes and gave her a gentle squeeze, a faint smile tugging at his lips. "Hey, I never said you weren't right." He said, turning his head to press a soft kiss to the side of her head. He wasn't going to be the one to argue with her. He smirked a bit playfully. "I know better then to start a fight with the women here. I would never win." He murmured softly.

Moblit felt his cheeks heat up at her next comment. "Oh uh...thank you? I think?" He murmured, clearly a bit thrown off by her compliment. He didn't think it was anything special, but if it helped Petra relax, then he didn't see any problem with that.

Moblit blinked, pulling back when he felt Petra shifting. He felt her kiss his cheek and sighed faintly. Sure, he didn't need to apologise for anything. But he just felt useless. He couldn't do much in the way of warding off nightmares. Still, he was here. And he didn't plan on going away any time soon. He couldn't really control that, but he would try his hardest to stick around for her.

"Yeah. And you're here too." He murmured, raising his hand and gently rested it on her cheek. Part of him still couldn't believe that he was lucky enough to have her by his side. He smiled reassuringly at her. "And I plan on being here for years to come." He murmured.

With our final breath
We'll fight to the death

Tags:

* Tagbox

Refresh History

* Credits

Site banner, advert image and affiliate button created by Moon Child

Reluctant Heroes is in no way affiliated with Shingeki no Kyojin, Attack on Titan or Funimation and we give full credit to Hajime Isayama. Copyrights and trademarks for the manga and anime are held by their respective owners while all original content remains the property of the individual writers and artists.

We are grateful to former staff member Artsy for her creative input.