* Who's Online

• Dot Guests: 57
  • Dot Hidden: 0
  • Dot Users: 2
  • Dot Users Online:

* Wanted

* Chatbox

Refresh History
  • Quiet: Happy Tuesday everyone! Hope everyone is staying safe! :-)
    September 15, 2020, 01:24:15 PM
  • Quiet: Looks like we are getting an Oluo! That is wonderful to see!
    September 10, 2020, 11:34:41 PM
  • Puffin: I hope everyone is having a good week so far.  Not long now until the weekend! <3
    September 10, 2020, 10:27:20 PM
  • Quiet: Morning y'all! Or afternoon or evening! Whatever it is where you are. :-)
    September 08, 2020, 02:01:52 PM
  • Quiet: As good as to be expected!
    September 06, 2020, 10:12:24 PM
  • Puffin: Hey Quiet! <3 Holding up okay here, thanks. How are you? I'm glad Mrs. Carolina would be happy to know her cookies were a big hit! :)
    September 06, 2020, 10:11:23 PM
  • Quiet: Hows everyone doing?
    September 06, 2020, 03:28:28 PM
  • Petra Ral: hello
    September 04, 2020, 07:32:26 PM
  • Quiet: I think Mrs. Carolina would be happy to know Annie liked the cookies!
    September 02, 2020, 11:50:29 PM
  • Razahir Kōri: Howdy! Sorry for my absence! I didn't disappear guys! :) I try to get to everyone either tomorrow or throughout next week! That is a promise! ^^
    August 29, 2020, 07:52:06 PM
  • Puffin: The weekend is almost here! <3
    August 28, 2020, 08:24:31 AM
  • Badtz-Milk: LOL
    August 17, 2020, 02:07:21 AM
  • Badtz-Milk: need tow work on my slepe schedule took a 4 hour nap this evening so i won't sleep tonight i guess
    August 17, 2020, 02:07:18 AM
  • Quiet: Happy Sunday y'all!
    August 16, 2020, 07:29:42 PM
  • the dear hunter.: happy saturday! ♥
    August 15, 2020, 02:58:36 PM
  • Quiet: Why am I just noticing the Plot Prompts post? The Garrison ones are top notch!
    August 14, 2020, 10:30:16 PM
  • HiddenBaroness: It's Friday! Hope everyone's had a great week! <3
    August 14, 2020, 05:44:08 PM
  • Quiet: Happy end of Wednesday and hope everyone has a wonderful Thursday!
    August 13, 2020, 02:26:11 AM
  • the dear hunter.: and happy wednesday, folks <3
    August 13, 2020, 01:09:35 AM
  • the dear hunter.: congrats jem!! bask in your success!!
    August 13, 2020, 01:09:22 AM

* Directories

RPG-DRPG Initiative

Author Topic: New Meets Old...Well...Older (Miri/Floch)  (Read 86 times)

New Meets Old...Well...Older (Miri/Floch)
« on: September 15, 2020, 02:06:12 AM »
Garrison HQ/Late Morning

Miri was very happy. Not that she was not normally happy. Happy was Miri's baseline mood. But right now she was ecstatically happy. She had just finished with her yearly review with her Team Leader and she had gotten a very good marks. Miri was proud. By the Walls she was so happy that she gave Team Leader Jarnach a hug. He'd laughed and accepted it and told her to keep up the good work. Miri had practically danced out of his office.

Garrison HQ could best be desribed as a maze. It was easy to get lost if you were not used to the layout. As a green newbie - Miri had gotten lost more than a few times. She knew her way around now, but she would admit it took a while.

Her cloud of blonde hair bouncing around her head and shoulders, Miri skipped through the halls humming to herself. She actually had the rest of the day off and was thinking about what she wanted to do to celebrate her good review.

She was so lost in thought that she did think to slow down while rounding a corner. With a thud, Miri collided with someone. While no one was knocked down, it was enough to knock her glasses askew and she did drop her folder - the papers spreading out around her. Adusting her glasses, Miri took a step back and looked at the person who she had bumped into. Young...like...a kid...with a nice shade of red hair.

"Aw honey! I'm sorry! That was my fault. You okay sweetie?" She took another look at the young man. He did not look familiar. "Ohhh! Are you new? That is so great! I'm Miri. What's you name?" « Last Edit: September 15, 2020, 01:13:36 PM by Miriam Gracey »

“I would always rather be happy than dignified.”

Re: New Meets Old...Well...Older (Miri/Floch)
« Reply #1 on: September 15, 2020, 11:10:09 AM »
Floch had finally been accepted into the Garrison Regiment. It had been a much welcome change from the training barracks. While he didn't have much to do yet, he was sure in time that would change and he would be busy everyday. Not that he minded of course, work was a great distraction.

He had heard the recent news of the attack in the Utopia district. He knew deep down he should have signed up to help. But yet again, his nerves got the better of him and he backed out. He knew several of his former classmates had been killed. Some had a bright future ahead of them, so it was a shame what had happened. Still, there was no sense in regretting past decisions. All they could do now was move forward. And now that Floch was graduated, he couldn't run from the titans anymore.

The young boy had been wandering the halls of the HQ. He wasn't looking for anything in particular. He just wanted to learn the building layout to find his way around it when needed. He had turned a corner, only to bump into someone. He took two steps back, watching as papers flew out of a folder and onto the ground.

Floch opened his mouth to make a comment, but had stopped quite quickly at the woman's apology. He was a bit thrown off by how happy she had seemed. Where did she get her energy from? He had yet to see anyone else in the Garrison match her personality. And sweetie? He hadn't been called that before.

Realizing he had been silent for a bit longer then he should have been, he gave a slight nod. "Yes, I am. Just recently joined." he said. He got down on one knee and started picking up the papers, stuffing them back into the folder. He rose to his feet again, handing Miri the folder. "I'm Floch Forster." He greeted.

He is so faithless
All he once embraced
He now disowns

« Reply #2 on: September 15, 2020, 11:44:14 PM »
"Yes, I am. Just recently joined."

Miri smiled. It hurt - she was pretty bruised and cut up from her time in Utopia - but it was just so good to see a new member of the Garrison. "That's great to hear!" It really was. The Garrison had a reputation of being filled with lazy and useless drunks. And yes...it was. But there were also many dedicated and brave soldiers who would go above and beyond to do their duty. Or at least not be completely lazy.

"I'm Floch Forster."

Miri stuck out her hand,"It's nice to meet you honey! Miriam Gracey. But call me Miri!"

She looked at Floch for a moment - peering over the rims of her glasses. He was young - maybe sixteen or seventeen. She'd been about the same age of course when she donned her own rose jacket. And ten or so years on the kids just coming out of training made Miri feel old. Not in a negative way. It was not bad feeling knowing she had some experience under her belt.

"How are you finding everything so far?" Miri asked. "What are you assigned to?"

Miri had been lucky. When she graduated and joined the Garrison she had found more than a few friendly faces to help her along. She'd hoped be that for those coming after her.

"Just wandering around or are you looking for something or someone?"

« Reply #3 on: September 16, 2020, 12:48:16 AM »

Floch quickly glanced Miri over as she smiled before flicking his gaze back up to meet hers. While her smile seemed genuine, he could see a slight grimace of pain in it. Given her bruises all over her, he wouldn't be shocked if she was sore. While he wasn't aware of what had happened, he could probably guess that she was present for the attack in Utopia and got injured.

Floch gave a small nod after a moment. The Garrison must be desperate for soldiers if she was happy someone like him had joined. Floch shifted his gaze down when she called him 'honey' again. It wasn't terrible to hear, but he wasn't used to being called anything nice. "It's nice to meet you too, Miri." Floch murmured, looking back at her. He tried to reflect her smile, but it probably looked a bit uneasy.

Floch shuffled on his feet for a minute under her peering gaze. At her next question, he rose a hand, rubbing at the back of his neck. "It's alright. I'm still trying to get settled in." Floch said. He was getting there, but he needed a bit more time to get used to everything. "Oh, nothing extensive yet. They have me patrolling a part of the wall. It's nice in a way." He murmured. The views from atop the wall were really something.

He then shook his head. "No miss. I'm just exploring to memorize the layout of the building." He admitted, a bit embarrassed. He didn't have the greatest memory when it came to locations, so he figured it would be beneficial for him to take his time to get to know where he was.

"Are you alright?" Floch asked after a moment of silence. Normally he wouldn't have even asked, but Miri had been nothing but nice to him so far. And it didn't feel right to not at least ask if she needed help. "You seemed to be in pain before." Floch mumbled softly.

He is so faithless
All he once embraced
He now disowns

« Reply #4 on: September 17, 2020, 12:26:27 AM »
"It's nice to meet you too, Miri."

Miri was admittedly not the most observant young woman, but she was savvy enough to notice Floch's slight change in demeanor. Miri knew she could come on strong. And she did not want to scare the kid or make him uncomfortable. She was just very excited to meet a new Garrison member and she had gotten over excited. Okay girl...take it back a bit, Miri thought to herself.

"It's alright. I'm still trying to get settled in."

Miri nodded in sympathy. New places were always hard. And the poor guy graduated at a helluva time.

"Oh, nothing extensive yet. They have me patrolling a part of the wall. It's nice in a way."

"That's how they start most of us office," Miri chirped, "The first time I went up there I was just like whoaaaaa." Her first time on the wall had been an experience Miri never would forget. While she was used to it at this point - sometimes it could still take her breath away.

"No miss. I'm just exploring to memorize the layout of the building."

"I used to get lost alllllll the time when I first got out of training. Like I'd be looking for the pay office and I'd wind up down by the store rooms." Miri shook her head and laughed a little at the memory. "I know my way around now but it did take a little while. It's a big ol' building."

"Are you alright? You seemed to be in pain before."

Miri blinked at Floch, not understanding at first. Then...oh...her face. "Aw honey...you're gentleman. I'm fine. Sore..." Miri paused and looked at her feet for a moment, "Luckier than a lot of people."

She was silent for a moment before smiling at Floch again, "What do you say I give you a proper tour! Show where all the important things are." And maybe point out some people Floch might want to get on their good sides.

« Reply #5 on: September 17, 2020, 01:29:00 AM »
Floch watched in silence as Miri spoke about her first time up on the wall. A small breathy laugh escaped him. He had to agree with that. The views were simply breathtaking. It really made him appreciate the world they lived in more. He appreciated what the scouts were trying to reclaim for all of humanity. He hoped they succeeded. They were far more brave then he could ever hope to be.

A small smile made its way onto Floch's face. In a way, it was amusing to think that the veteran soldiers got lost. They seemed so organized, at least from what he's seen so far. But they all had to start out somewhere right? He would get settled in soon enough.

Floch's eyes widened a bit at the compliment. Him? A gentleman? That was a bit of a stretch. "Oh, I don't know about that, Miri." He mumbled, shifting slightly. He was far from a good person, that was for sure.

"Luckier than a lot of people."

Floch looked down at her comment. She was lucky, there was no doubt about that. But he was sure she also lost plenty of close comrades and friends in the fight. While he didn't lose anyone he was close to, he still understood a lot of people would be grieving for a while. "I'm sorry for any losses you sustained. I'm...sure they were good people." Floch said. He mentally cursed at himself. That sounded pretty pathetic when he said it out loud, but what else could be said?

At her offer though, he met her gaze again and nodded. "I would really appreciate that." Floch said, smiling a bit. With the help of a vet, he was sure this would go a lot smoother. She seemed to really know her stuff, and he wouldn't turn down any advice she could give him.

He is so faithless
All he once embraced
He now disowns

« Reply #6 on: September 19, 2020, 03:21:23 AM »
"Oh, I don't know about that, Miri."

"I'm a great judge of character," Miri said in her nasally and singsong voice. Miri really thought she was. She was inclined to try and see the good in everyone. In the ten minutes she had known him - she had gotten good feeling about Floch.

"I'm sorry for any losses you sustained. I'm...sure they were good people."

Miri nodded and adusted her glasses again. Going over the death roster, Miri had recognized so many names. During the battle she'd seen several people she had known since training die right in front of her. Horrific did not scratch the surface of what Utopia had been.

"Very good people. The best. Bravest people I ever knew." She gave Floch a sad look that lingered for a moment and then gave a sad smile, "Best way to honor them is to be good soldiers."

Her face broke into a bigger smile, "And you're here now! So that's great! I bet you'll be a great asset to us!"

This was normall the part where Miri would go in for the hug - but she remembered Floch's reaction earlier and stopped herself midstep. She gave his shoulder a squeeze instead.

"I would really appreciate that."

"Stick with me kid! We'll get you all settled!" Miri gestured for Floch to follow her. First she was going to take him to payroll and introduce him to Janice. Janice was an old friend and she'd be a good person for him to know.

« Reply #7 on: September 19, 2020, 10:49:01 AM »
"I'm a great judge of character"

Floch hadn't expected her to say that in the least. And deep down, he had a small twinge of doubt. She could ask anyone else he's ever spoken to and they wouldn't say Floch was the gentleman type. He'd rarely ever been this kind to anyone else. Still, it was a pleasant change to hear these things, even if they were untrue.

At Miri's saddened look, Floch had cast his gaze down. He hadn't meant to make her upset. He truly was horrible at offering words of guidance or sympathy. Should he have not said anything instead? That seemed too rude as well. He really needed to get better at this. Floch glanced up at her again, sighing. "I'm sorry, Miri. I didn't mean to bring back such horrible memories." Floch said. He truly was sorry, but it wasn't like that would do any good. Being sorry wasn't going to bring back the friends she lost.

She had a point. It was their duty as a soldier to keep their fallen comrades alive in memory and honor their sacrifice. Floch watched as she broke out into a smile and reached for his shoulder. He couldn't help but to tense up slightly, but he didn't pull away. His eyes flickered to her hand for a moment before back up at her. "I will do my best." He murmured. Although whatever his best was good for, he wasn't sure yet.

Floch relaxed when she let go and watched as she gestured to follow her. Floch started following alongside her, glancing ahead of them. "Thank you for doing this, Miri. But if you're busy, I don't want to impose." Floch said. Surely he could find his way around by himself. He didn't want to take up her time if she had urgent things to attend to.

He is so faithless
All he once embraced
He now disowns

* Tagbox

Refresh History

* Credits

Site banner, advert image and affiliate button created by Moon Child

Reluctant Heroes is in no way affiliated with Shingeki no Kyojin, Attack on Titan or Funimation and we give full credit to Hajime Isayama. Copyrights and trademarks for the manga and anime are held by their respective owners while all original content remains the property of the individual writers and artists.

We are grateful to former staff member Artsy for her creative input.