* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Season

Season 2

* Activity

Re: Team Six: Garrison Regiment [Assault on Utopia] by Arkin Holt
[September 15, 2018, 01:46:46 AM]

Site Update #05 by Puffin
[September 14, 2018, 08:30:28 PM]

Re: Roll Call #06! by Puffin
[September 14, 2018, 06:54:04 PM]

Re: Roll Call #06! by Kouki
[September 12, 2018, 09:31:30 PM]

Re: Staff Promotion by Webs
[September 12, 2018, 06:02:57 PM]

* Who's Online

• Dot Guests: 11
  • Dot Hidden: 0
  • Dot Users: 0

There aren't any users online.

* Wanted

* Chatbox

Refresh History
  • Quiet: Awwwww thank you!
    September 15, 2018, 11:21:57 PM
  • Lou: <3
    September 15, 2018, 09:38:32 PM
  • Lou: Arkin
    September 15, 2018, 09:38:23 PM
  • Puffin: Quiet has the power! :D
    September 14, 2018, 07:09:31 PM
  • Lou: Dangerous Quiet...oh man
    September 13, 2018, 05:38:13 AM
  • Lou: hahaha
    September 13, 2018, 05:37:54 AM
  • Quiet: LOL it finally clicked how to do it - so now I'm dangerous. ;-)
    September 12, 2018, 06:23:55 PM
  • Puffin: Quiet, that is some perfect gift usage. <3
    September 12, 2018, 04:39:39 PM
  • Puffin: Pretty good, thanks! Glad the working day is over. :D
    September 12, 2018, 04:39:18 PM
  • Webs: how is everybody?
    September 11, 2018, 11:28:11 PM
  • Webs: <3
    September 11, 2018, 11:28:08 PM
  • Mitabi Jarnach: I am happy it is the weekend.
    September 08, 2018, 03:51:31 AM
  • Quiet: Hope everyone is having a good time heading into Friday and has a great weekend!!
    September 07, 2018, 03:12:48 AM
  • Auruo Bossard: Also I need to switch accounts cause yeah
    September 05, 2018, 04:40:49 AM
  • Auruo Bossard: I can't wait until this weekend because I will have time to playyyyy
    September 05, 2018, 04:40:34 AM
  • Auruo Bossard: YUSSSSS
    September 05, 2018, 04:39:29 AM
  • Quiet: As am I.  :-X >:D XP
    September 03, 2018, 09:30:08 PM
  • Puffin: Ooft, my feelings! I can't wait to see how it all unfolds. And I'm curious how Ian will react...
    September 03, 2018, 09:25:21 PM
  • Quiet: But still mostly angry!
    September 03, 2018, 01:18:09 PM
  • Auruo Bossard: awwwww
    September 03, 2018, 04:06:48 AM

* Our Server

* Directories

RPG-DRPG Initiative

Author Topic: Tangled in Love (Eld)  (Read 1002 times)

Tangled in Love (Eld)
« on: January 04, 2018, 08:46:57 PM »
The short strawberry blonde adjusted the belt straps tat attached her ODM and buckles to her hips, grumbling about how worn they looked under her breath. The bands were peeling from useage, and the clasps looked bent, but not broken quite yet... They were getting there though, she would need to file new straps before their next expidition... Unless, of course, she wanted to end up in the stomach of a titan. Of course, that wasn't too appeasing an idea.

However, getting new straps and hooks was a hell load of a nuisance. Having to take everything off bit by bit and then remove the individual clasps and other aurmor, only to put more on. Her brows furrowed at her memory of what happened last time, she'd spent hours trying to get her new ones on, only to find that the new straps were broken, and again had to put them on. Normally scouts like herself would just sleep in their gear, sometimes wear them under their clothes so they could still dress without having to do and undo so many freaking things. It was all anything but fun.

Currently, she was waiting on Eld for some practice runs in the course set up by the younger scouts. Her clasps would have to work for now, not like she had a replacement on hand.

Re: Tangled in Love (Eld)
« Reply #1 on: January 06, 2018, 02:24:17 PM »
While Eld was almost as comfortable in the air as he was with both feet on the ground, using ODM equipment had never quite lost its magic.  There was something invariably exhilarating, and liberating, about being able to don gear that all but allowed the wearer to fly.  No wall nor tower was insurmountable, no tree impossible to climb.  As long as there was somewhere for the anchors to find purchase, a soldier could travel with deadly agility, felling monsters many times their own size.  Even the deep burn, as every muscle tightened and the chambers of his heart pumped hard, was pleasant in its own way.

That he and Petra wouldn’t be on the lookout for real Titans was a bonus.  They could work as a team and practice the maneuvers that might very well save their lives in future.

“Hey scrub,” Eld greeted as he approached, brushing blond hair out of his eyes.  “You ready to fly?”  Tilting his head, that was when he noticed Petra was fastening the last of her straps.  He couldn’t help but smirk.  “Or maybe you want a hand with those buckles first?”

Signature by the wonderful SilverWings! <3

« Reply #2 on: January 06, 2018, 10:30:44 PM »
Petra arched a brow at her comrade, fixing her last buckle before she stood, ”Right, bet you’d love to have your hands near my belts, eh?” She teased almost challengingly, ”I got it, Im a big girl.” She added before she put her hands on the gear triggers, pulling out blades with them and clinking them together. ”I’m ready to fly if you’re ready to keep up.”

« Reply #3 on: January 07, 2018, 10:17:56 AM »
“Yes, I would, very much,” Eld answered plainly, not even attempting to disguise the wickedness that smouldered in his dark eyes.  “And your belts would just be the beginning…”  Petra was teasing him, he knew that, but somehow the knowledge didn’t make her any less effective.  The fact that she seemed set on carrying out their military exercises only fed his desires, however much he tried to dampen them.

Stepping in the direction of the course, Eld ran one last check on his own harness and equipment - finding they were all to his satisfaction - and drew his blades.  He cast a look sideways at his petite companion, at the smallest ‘big girl’ he had ever met.  “Show me what you’re made of, short stuff.”  With those words, he flashed his partner a fleeting, dazzling grin and launched his wires.

« Reply #4 on: January 30, 2018, 07:26:58 PM »
Petra winked at his wordly advance, “Maybe you’ll get the chance to later.” she teased playfully before clicking the gear triggers, and pushed the gas, her tiny form zooming off and catching up with Eld quickly. Thanks to the fact this was a practice run, and her lightweight, she was content using up her gas as much as she wanted. Petra normally took these things seriously, but after their recent expeditions turning up more and more sour, she needed a loose competitive break. … that and speed. She reeled her hooks back after traveling up several meters, letting herself drop, grabbing loosely onto a branch like an acrobat, swinging herself up again, and took to get gears once more, letting out a howl of joy, dancing through the air as she regained balance.

The wind making her hair beat against her face, the smell of open forest, and Eld by her side, today was the perfect day.

« Reply #5 on: February 03, 2018, 05:48:47 PM »
His boldness earned him a wink, as well as a handful words that Eld hoped to turn into a promise.  They were as much the cause for the sudden spike in his heart rate as the rush of adrenaline that came with soaring through the air.  It was liberating, to utilise their ODM gear without the constant threat of Titans, to simply enjoy the thrill of it, to revel in the low burn in their muscles, the way the wind ran cool fingers through their hair.  The forest smelt green, of all things living - pine needles and sunshine, earth and spring water - even now that autumn had arrived in earnest and many leaves turned slowly to shades of red, yellow and brown.

Petra’s heart must have been as full as his own, if the joyous sound that bubbled up from her lips was anything to go by.  Launching his wires in the trunk of a distant tree, Eld pulled up alongside his partner and comrade, going harder on the gas to match her brisk speed - he was significantly larger and heavier, after all.  Dappled sunlight caught in her strawberry-blonde hair, highlighting the red that ran beneath the gold.  He had been going to say something, but the words escaped him as hazel eyes turned his way.  All he could do was smile.

« Reply #6 on: February 11, 2018, 09:16:21 PM »
The ginger woman let out another howl of laughter as she took to the sky, zipping around at her leisure. This rare kind of fun was always so short lived, though a part of her found it was better that way. It made it more special, and having Eld here made it all the more memorable. She swung herself around a tree to propell forwards, having forgotten Eld’s position for a moment, in a stroke of pure genius- and their wires were doomed to overcross. Petra gasped, trying to utter a warning, or retract her gears, though she feared that might make things worse. There was nothing else to do about it- they would collide.

« Reply #7 on: February 21, 2018, 05:55:34 PM »
Petra's joy was infectious and even Eld, so often stony-faced​ and solemn​, cracked a wide, wolfi​​sh smile​​​ - though it swiftly vanished ​the moment​ there came the sudden, telltale tug of snagged wires.  Eld's expression flickered, surprised and uncertain, dark eyes darting towards his partner. The wires hummed and reverberated through him even before he saw Petra​, wind whipping through her strawberry-blonde hair, barrelling towards him.

Their were paths crossed, they were doomed to collide.

​"Fu-"​  The curse was cut short, Eld's stomach lurching with the sudden shift in momentum as their overlapped wires pulled them together.  Braced for impact, he opened his arms, hoping to catch Petra before she slammed into him, but she was moving much too quickly.  Tiny though she was, she struck him solid and square in the chest.​

​Then they were suspended, dishevelled, grapples anchored into the branches about them, their wires tangled and intertwined - like a graceless pair of marionettes.  Eld couldn't help but laugh, the sound husky and quiet. 
​"Fuck."​

« Reply #8 on: March 05, 2018, 07:50:05 PM »
Petra drew in a sharp last breath, pulling her body close against itself and shielding her face with her arms as she braced for impact, thumping right against her partner’s chest enough so that the wind was taken from her. It hurt like hell, but at least they weren’t dead. Yet, anyway. Hearing his curse assured her that he was okay as well- for the most part. Slowly she peeked her head up at him, golden eyes meeting Eld’s sheepishly.

“... Oops?” she started softly, tiny fists grabbing onto the larger man’s shirt to steady herself, she felt almost weightless, a discomforting feeling since they were suspended in air for the moment, tangled in their ODM gear haphazardly. “Guess I got carried away. Are you alright? Nothing broken or missing?” She felt immensely guilty, showing off like she had when she was younger and putting them in such a predicament that they were both stuck. She hardly could move her hips! How were they going to get down? That seemed an impossible feat from her perspective, gathering her courage she glanced down and clung tighter to Eld. They were but five feet from the ground. She had been mid-swing upwards, after all, luckily they were tangled in the air and not smashed against the ground or a tree. She would take this and mark it as one of the other very many lessons learned about ODM usage… as soon as she could feel her feet on the ground again, of course.
« Last Edit: March 05, 2018, 07:50:48 PM by Petra Ral »

« Reply #9 on: March 16, 2018, 04:38:38 PM »
The heartwarming sight of Petra peeking up at him, oh so sheepishly, would have been enough to smother any annoyance - not that Eld was remotely irritated or frustrated.  In fact, getting tangled up like this was enough to make him feel young again.  Like they were cadets once more, about to get into trouble with their instructor for poor judgement and silly lapses in concentration.  Instead of grumbling, the soldier laughed quietly, breathlessly, briefly bowing his head to rest his forehead against Petra’s own.  Her hands were clenched into small fists, tightly clutching the fabric of his shirt, further anchoring them together.  “Nah, I got everything I need right here,” he flashed Petra a fleeting grin, bumping his nose against hers affectionately, before following her golden gaze downwards. 

“At least we’re not far from the ground…” he mused, then smirked - a sure sign he was thinking mischievous thoughts.  “Well, it’s not far for me, but with your little legs we may as well be fifty metres up!”  He chuckled softly, a forbidden sound, and looked skywards, to where their hooks were anchored into tree branches.  Their hold seemed secure enough, which meant they ought to be able to carefully untangle themselves before pulling their release triggers.  Dappled light shone through the canopy, catching in hair of gold and copper, as Eld tentatively shifted his weight, and experimentally tugged on one of the unruly wires.

« Reply #10 on: June 05, 2018, 06:41:34 AM »
Petra gave a sharp sigh of relief as Eld confirmed the good news. They weren't dead or injured, as such accidents could easily lead to that sort of peril. Bodies were delicate, feeble, hitting someone else's wires going fast as the human eye? She had heard a story of someone getting cut in half like that before, and though the idea seemed far fetched, it was completely plausible. Eld's doubled assurance mixed with that charming grin and a low laugh...  How dare this man be so alluring in a time like this!

"At least we're not far from the ground..."

Petra had opened her mouth to speak, before her brows went from relaxed to furrowed against her eyes from the second statement that followed-  What a remark to ruin the mood. "Of all times to tease my height... couldn't you have waited till after I kissed you? Now you spoiled the moment, guess you'll have to earn it again later." She challenged him, trying not to smile as she turned her head away. Of course she wasn't actually offended, if she were then at such a close range the man would have been easily disposed of, but honestly she loved the playing around. They normally teased one another, even long before they had been an item. She was just good at upping the steaks, getting her way.

Currently the way she wanted was down... but then again, being trapped with Eld forever didn't sound too bad. "I say we give the wires a good yank. I can move my arms around and grab where it's tangled? If we pull one of them loose then I can untangle the knots- it would just take a while to figure out what went where?" « Last Edit: June 05, 2018, 06:41:52 AM by Petra Ral »

« Reply #11 on: June 21, 2018, 11:29:27 AM »
“After you…?  Wait, I take it back!”  Eld twisted in his harness, holding Petra by the hips and pulling her closer even as she turned her face away, teasing him mercilessly.  As much as he wanted to kiss those smirking lips, he had to admit he liked being refused.  Petra knew this too, he was quite sure, which why she often set fire to his blood and then denied his affections, or enticed him in places where was powerless to act on his desires.  It was a game he was more than happy to play.

The plan was a sound one, though he wasn’t in a hurry to return to the ground.  Relenting in his attempts to steal a kiss, Eld obediently reached out and grasped one of the wires closest to him, giving it a single and obviously half-hearted tug.  His dark eyes met Petra’s amber shades, the faintest of smiles on his lips.  “Oh no, it’s stuck fast,” he observed flatly, without the least bit of bemoaning in his voice.  That ghost of a smile grew as his hand returned to the curve of her waist.  “Looks like we’ll need to await rescue…” he continued with faux solemnity, speaking quietly as he pulled Petra closer, so that she was flush with him.  His next words - the question of however will we pass the time? - died on his tongue when there came a low, creaking sound and the wire he had pulled on so gently suddenly pinged free from the branches above.  The anchor glinted metallically in the soft, dappled light as it whistled past them.  “Damn it,” Eld hissed, this time with a genuine note of lament.

Tags:

* Tagbox

Refresh History
  • Arkin Holt: ** move not movie!
    September 15, 2018, 01:48:13 AM
  • Arkin Holt: Short Arkin post for Utopia to movie it along. [link]
    September 15, 2018, 01:47:45 AM
  • Puffin: Site Update #05 is live! [link]
    September 14, 2018, 08:31:24 PM
  • Puffin: We have another staff announcement - Webs has traded in their moderator badge for an administrator one! [link]
    September 12, 2018, 03:56:54 PM
  • Puffin: We have a new staff member joining the ranks! Congratulations to Guardsman! [link]
    September 03, 2018, 03:51:37 PM
  • Puffin: Roll Call #06 is live! Be sure to drop in and post. [link]
    September 03, 2018, 01:44:20 PM
  • Dot Pixis: Anka and Pixis for Gustav! Also this is where we are going to start to link the 2 Garrison threads. :-) [link]
    September 02, 2018, 01:20:18 AM
  • Puffin: A reminder relating to the Assault on Utopia event has been posted! [link]
    August 28, 2018, 03:47:27 PM
  • Hilda Meissner: Reply for Mara! [link]
    August 26, 2018, 11:52:08 PM
  • Mara Sonnenschein: Reply for Hilda! [link]
    August 24, 2018, 11:47:29 PM

* Credits

Site banner, advert image and affiliate button created by Moon Child

Reluctant Heroes is in no way affiliated with Shingeki no Kyojin, Attack on Titan or Funimation and we give full credit to Hajime Isayama. Copyrights and trademarks for the manga and anime are held by their respective owners while all original content remains the property of the individual writers and artists.