* Chatbox

Refresh History
  • Jem: I promise I am not dead, just struggling
    May 03, 2021, 09:43:28 AM
  • Sora: *replies
    April 23, 2021, 07:16:54 PM
  • Sora: Finqlly! Reies coming tomorrow! Thank you for everyones patience! ^^
    April 23, 2021, 07:16:41 PM
  • HiddenBaroness: How's it going, folks?
    March 29, 2021, 07:14:51 PM
  • hangesglasses: hi hi one day late
    March 20, 2021, 02:59:21 AM
  • Lou: Hey hey
    March 18, 2021, 03:30:38 AM
  • Hono Kaen: beep
    March 11, 2021, 09:41:15 AM
  • Puffin: I love Lady Lara. <3
    February 13, 2021, 12:48:28 AM
  • Puffin: Hi Rhea! How are you?
    January 09, 2021, 11:39:03 AM
  • Rhea: Hi
    January 09, 2021, 12:55:29 AM
  • Hitch Dreyse: Hey hope everyone is doing okay
    December 09, 2020, 10:08:46 AM
  • HiddenBaroness: Hey Raze! Good to hear from you again! Don't worry, I think a few of us had RL things take over for a hot minute.
    November 30, 2020, 03:10:32 PM
  • Razahir Kōri: Howdy everyone! ^^ Soem of you may still remember me! :D I just want to write that I'm terribly sorry for disappearing for such a long time! IRL took it's tll on me in the past few months! Both my work and my MSc studies kinda things for me/ With that I would like to apologize to everyone I made wait! Starting next week I'm planning on catching up with all my replies! After that I'll be really slow till February, but I'll try to write at least every two weeks in case I receive replies! ^^ Again sorry everyone and I hope all of you are doing well! ^^ Sora
    November 22, 2020, 07:58:14 PM
  • Petra Ral: I am good thanks, you?
    November 22, 2020, 03:43:51 PM
  • Petra Ral: Hey Puffin! Sorry I did not see this xD
    November 22, 2020, 03:43:46 PM
  • Puffin: Mercy! <3  How are you?
    November 20, 2020, 09:23:37 PM
  • Petra Ral: Evening all
    November 19, 2020, 05:08:50 PM
  • Petra Ral: Hi!
    November 10, 2020, 02:50:53 PM
  • Puffin: How is it Sunday already?! I hope everyone is having a good weekend!
    November 08, 2020, 04:26:45 PM
  • Webs: Hi, Ramgami!! And hello to all guests :)
    November 04, 2020, 05:50:40 PM

* Directories

RPG-DRPG InitiativeRPGfixTop RP Sites

Author Topic: [OPEN] Working hard or hardly working (OPEN)  (Read 4746 times)

Working hard or hardly working (OPEN)
« on: December 06, 2020, 03:23:08 PM »
 The canal barge continued at a leisurely and unhurried pace, slowly cutting through the water. But this was no mere barge used for transporting supplies, nay it belonged to some rich merchant who had business at the exterior, one of the Districts in Wall Rose. As such it was quite opulently furnished as barges went.  Due to the amount of wealth onboard, some Military Police had been sent along for the journey to serve as a deterrent. However Hitch suspected that it was more to do with the fact that the man paid a lot of money to get some protection from the MPs, rather than the actual threat of armed robbery.

Though Hitch initially groaned and protested at the work, it soon became apparent that whilst aboard ship there was precious little to actually do. The quarters assigned to the MPs, was well furnished, though crowded due to space being at a premium on the ship. However there room for two sets of bunk beds, each formed from polished oak, with swan feather pillows and mattresses and a thick red carpet which their boots seemed to sink in. While it might not be as opulent as the rest of the vessel, it was still a pleasant place to stay during the journey.

But Hitch was not there, she was on the deck, drinking in the good weather. She had nodded off, sleeping against the wall, her jacket rolled up as an ad hoc pillow. Her rifle was propped nearby, within easy reach should trouble come, but Hitch doubted anything might come. Evidently, Hitch was hard at work not working. She was not going to wander round the decks of the vessel, preparing for some invisible foe that only the merchant believed in. Why bother with anything like that?
Besides where would a criminal run off to anyway? They were trapped by the Walls and if they somehow got over them, the Titans would soon finish them off.

Re: Working hard or hardly working (OPEN)
« Reply #1 on: January 13, 2021, 10:46:37 PM »
Marlowe had been assigned to the keeping the merchant and his goods safe as well. While not a hard job, it was still something he had planned on taking seriously. Sure, all had been quiet so far, so what was there to worry about? But it was still good for the public to see the Military Police at least acting like they took their duties seriously. Though from what he'd seen on the boat so far, he was the only one actually doing that.

He was currently on the deck, making a few rounds to make sure all was in order. Thankfully things seemed fine, aside from a few sly comments some of their fellow comrades made to him. He was used to it at this point. Despite wanting to lecture them to get to work, he fought the urge and had continued on.

Glancing around, Marlowe soon stopped in his tracks when he spotted someone familiar. Hitch was passed out. He should have known better then to hope she would be doing anything productive. Still, seeing her look so peaceful, he could let it slide. Glancing around, he made sure no one was heading their way before glancing back down at the other.

Marlowe made his way closer to Hitch, kneeling down in front of her. "Hitch? Get up." he murmured, his voice gentle.

« Reply #2 on: January 13, 2021, 11:12:20 PM »
 Hitch stirred slightly, her face twitching as Marlowe's words registered with her. She rolled over on her makeshift pillow. "Five more minutes Marlowe." She mumbled evidently teasing him as a smirk flickered onto her face. With a sigh, she forced herself to open her eyes and yawned, blinking about as the sunlight dazzled her eyes. "What did you wake me up for?" She inquired. "It can't be lunch time already? Or..." She shot him a teasing wink. "Were you thinking of sneaking into a cabin?" Not that she suspected he would do anything of the sort, more a patrol the areas they were supposed to, go to the areas they were supposed to go to.

"It's kinda like a holiday." She told him, perhaps sensing the lecture coming or that she knew Marlowe so well she guessed one was on the way. After all, he was her boyfriend. Hitch was stilled amazed that he found her attractive, but he did and that was all what mattered really at the end of the day. So long as he liked her and she liked him, who cared right? Hitch had not exactly got up, she was sitting up, so it was a start at least.

« Reply #3 on: January 14, 2021, 12:01:04 AM »
Watching as Hitch stirred, a fond smile tugging at his lips. She was beautiful. He was so lucky to have her by his side officially. Ever since they agreed to wait as cadets, he was glad they finally got together. He chuckled softly, raising a hand to gently brush her hair away from her eyes. Laughing softly at her joke, he shook his head.

"I don't plan on sneaking anywhere, Hitch." He murmured truthfully. Where would he even sneak off to? The boat wasn't that large really. He could be easily found here. He could always jump overboard if he wanted to get away from everyone, but the thought of swimming through the canal wasn't that appealing. "I woke you because you're all sprawled out on the deck. If you're tired, go to the rooms provided for us." he said. It was strange that he wasn't lecturing her about sleeping on duty. But he would go easy on her today. After all, nothing was going on. "We don't need anyone tripping over you and for you to get hurt." He said.

Seeing her sitting up, Marlowe rose to his feet, clearly satisfied that she was at least willing to move a bit. He made his way over to the edge of the boat, leaning down a bit as he rested his arms on the railing of the barge. "You consider this a holiday?" he asked curiously.

« Reply #4 on: January 14, 2021, 08:28:50 AM »
 Hitch smirked when he brushed her hair from her eyes. She rolled her eyes at his comment. "I meant we could sneak someone on the ship together." She knew her cheeks were reddening as she spoke. "You know... Maybe make out a little. We are on a boat after all." Though it would be fun, she was also hoping to make him blush a little, punishment for waking her up and disturbing a perfectly good nap.

"You woke me up to say I could go back to sleep?" The smaller MP questioned, her eyes gleaming with amusement, trust Hitch to take his comment that way. "That's why I am out of the way, but also able to enjoy the sunlight." She finished this comment with a loud yawn. "Besides if I did get hurt, I'd have you to look after me. Like when I got... Fine like when I get hungover." She corrected herself, of course she did not always get drunk, but Marlowe had seen her at her worst one night. He had come by to visit and discovered a drunk Hitch, wasted on the anniversary of her dad's death, where she told him a story few people knew.

Hitch trusted Marlowe, a rare thing for her to do and rarer thing for her to admit to.

Seeing as he had moved to the edge of the boat, Hitch forced herself to her feet, getting quickly into her jacket and slipping her right arm through her rifle's sling before heading over to him.
"Well I'm on a long boat journey with my boyfriend, I see this as a holiday." She chuckled. "Guessing you are seeing this as work, work that I'm not taking seriously." She shook her head and stared down into the water as the boat gently slid through it. "Well they did put you in charge of the whole operation so I'm guessing you want everything done properly." She reached out and rested an hand on his arm. "If it helps I can start saluting you and saying sir a lot." She teased her voice a whisper as she leaned close to say those words in his ear.

« Reply #5 on: January 14, 2021, 08:46:17 AM »
Marlowe stared at Hitch, his eyes widening slightly. Oh...she certainly wasn't shy in saying what she wanted. He turned his gaze away from her, his face flushed with color. In truth he wouldn't mind doing just that, but she didn't have to be so upfront in suggesting it. He shrugged slightly, turning his gaze back to her. "If that's what you want." he murmured quietly.

You woke me up to say I could go back to sleep?

Marlowe chuckled softly and gave a small nod. "Well I wasn't going to ask you to work. I know you wouldn't do that." He murmured teasingly. At the mention of her getting hurt, he gave her a slight scolding glare. They'd already had one scare, he'd prefer to never see her injured again. Of course that was probably inevitable. "I hope you won't get hurt. But if you do then yes. I'll take care of you." He assured softly.

Hearing Hitch shuffling behind him, he turned his head to watch as she got to her feet and moved over to him. He sighed softly at her comment of him seeing this as work. Of course he was. "When don't I see anything as work?" He asked curiously, raising an eyebrow. Upon her teasing, Marlowe fell silent, avoiding her gaze. Alright, she knew how to shut him up.

« Reply #6 on: January 14, 2021, 09:15:19 AM »
 Hitch grinned, seeing him blush, score one for her. "What about you?" She inquired, guessing he felt too embarrassed to say it. "You don't have to answer your blush gives it away." She teased playfully with a wink at him. But she supposed it would have to wait till he came off duty, but then they could find themselves a quiet spot and start kissing. The image sent her heart beat racing and with difficulty she pushed it aside for now.

She chuckled at his comment. "I work hard, at not working." She gave him another smile, leaning her head against his shoulder. "Me too, but glad to hear you'll take care of me. I would do the same for you." Hitch ignored the scolding glare he gave her, she knew any mention of her getting hurt brought back bad memories for him, it also brought back bad memories for her too. But she had saved his life, even if it meant losing a favorite shirt and a flask.

"Sometimes you are asleep." Hitch teased playfully. Seeing that he had fallen silent, Hitch then added. "Only when we are alone of course. I don't want to embarrass you."

« Reply #7 on: January 14, 2021, 09:27:27 AM »
What about you?

He glanced down at her, sighing softly. "I would also like to, but it's probably best to leave it to when we're off the boat." He said. He didn't mind showing affection in public, but to openly make out? He'd rather know they were both alone before doing that. He placed a soft kiss to her cheek as a small apology before pulling away again.

He relaxed slightly when he felt her rest her head on his shoulder. Adjusting his arm, he wrapped it around her waist, pulling her to his side. He hummed quietly, looking down at her. "Would you? Or would you tell me to suck it up?" He asked teasingly. He had no doubt that if he was actually hurt, Hitch would do her best to help him. That being said, he also knew he should expect her to give him a hard time too.

He chuckled quietly and smiled a bit. "True, sometimes I am asleep. I'm sure you love those moments since you don't have to hear my lectures." He said.

« Reply #8 on: January 14, 2021, 09:20:44 PM »
 Hitch nodded the once, though she continued to smirk at her. "Sure, we'll check into a hotel." She chuckled quietly to herself, though it would be great to spend time with him, alone, cut off from the world even if only because of a door.

She nuzzled into him as he wrapped an arm round her, pulling her closer. Now that they were both open with their feelings for each other, Hitch had no problem with being affection towards Marlowe, or displaying her affections for him.
"If you have a cold, I'd tell you to suck it up whilst giving you soup, if you were hurt, I'd look after you, with maybe a comment about how you cannot stop me whilst you are laid up." Hitch knew something like that might get him rolling again if he were hurt or otherwise injured.

"Well that... Plus you look cute when you are asleep and you are really warm to cuddle up to." Hitch often found she fell asleep a lot easier when they were sharing even something as simply as a blanket, his heat, his presence, his scent, just made her relax and fall asleep a lot faster.

« Reply #9 on: January 15, 2021, 01:52:59 AM »
Marlowe chuckled softly, smiling. She wanted to go to that extent to get some alone time with him? They could just hide out in the barracks somewhere. Or just go out into town. "If that's what you wish." he murmured.

He relaxed slightly, turning his head down to press a kiss to her head. He then looked ahead, sighing softly. He smirked slightly, laughing to himself. "You make it seem that I still can't lecture you if I'm hurt." he said teasingly. Of course he wasn't hoping he'd ever get injured to the point he couldn't work. Though given his record with his superiors, it could certainly happen one day.

Marlowe hummed softly, giving her a gentle squeeze before looking down at the water, watching as it rippled against the side of the barge. "I don't mind. I enjoy being close to you." He said.

« Reply #10 on: January 15, 2021, 07:20:40 AM »
 "It is not just my wishes that count." Hitch pointed out. "It has to be something you want too." Sure her wishes and desires were important, Hitch was a big fan of looking out for herself, but she had a boyfriend, Marlowe's thoughts, feelings, ideas, desires and hopes were just as important as her own in their relationship together. It would not be good for either of them if they only did the things which she liked.

She grinned as he kissed her. "I mean you could try to, but all I'd have to do to get away is leave the room." Hitch teased playfully. "You would have trouble to lecture me if I've escaped down the corridor." Not that she would leave him to deal with his injuries or illnesses alone, but to escape a lecture she might briefly.

"That is good otherwise us going out would be real awkward." Hitch said, closing her eyes and enjoying the moment. It was translation for, I care about you too in Hitch, but she knew Marlowe would know what she meant to say.

« Reply #11 on: January 15, 2021, 08:57:37 PM »
Marlowe smiled softly at her words. It was kind of her to consider his wants as well. But he had to admit, he was quite content. "When we have time, I'd love to as well." He said, looking down at her. He gave her a reassuring smile. "Though, I will admit I don't mind doing small mundane things either so long as I'm with you." he said.

Marlowe then chuckled and smirked a bit. "True. I guess I couldn't really do much to stop you then." He said. Though if he was being honest, he probably wouldn't be in the mood to lecture anyone if he was injured or not feeling well. "I suppose I'd have to spare you then." he said teasingly.

Marlowe remained silent as Hitch spoke, watching her for a while before looking down at the water again. For a while, he stood there in silence, just enjoying being close to her. It was a rare moment of peace for the both of them. A fond smile tugged at his lips after a moment.

"Hey Hitch?" He asked softly, looking down at the other. "How do you feel about marriage?" He asked curiously. The question may have seemed out of place, but he was genuinely curious to if she'd ever consider it. In the future, assuming their relationship continued strong, he could see himself proposing to her if she was comfortable with the idea.

« Reply #12 on: January 15, 2021, 10:34:18 PM »
"We'll have some free time when we get off this boat." Hitch pointed out, technically they did have some now, but she doubted that he would accept it. After all, they were in fact meant to be at work protecting a rich merchant, a fat, rich, paranoid merchant and his cargo. But what could they really protect against whilst on a boat or perhaps more accurately who would try to attack them on the barge?

"You could shout at me from the window?" She suggested with a mischievous smirk. "You know before I ran off and out of range." Hitch guessed however if he were sick or injured he might not feel up to lecturing Hitch about some of her more mischievous or lazy actions.

They were silent for a while, Hitch wondered if he was enjoying spending the time together with her as much as she was with him. At his question, she turned to look at him. "Hey Marlowe." She teased, though the amused smile vanished from her face as fast as it had appeared. She glanced away, knowing her cheeks were reddening. "I... I... It might be nice, my parents were married... They seemed happy." She turned her head away trying to hide how much she was blushing. "Why do you ask? What do you think of marriage?" Yes, haha, you're turn to blush, Hitch thought whilst desperately seeking for a way to compose herself.

« Reply #13 on: January 16, 2021, 02:47:42 AM »
Marlowe glanced down at her, staying silent for a while. Well, they had free time now, really. He wasn't exactly worried about anyone trying to attack the barge. After all, the canal was pretty wide on either side. If anyone wanted to try and rob the merchant, how would they even get on board? He released a soft breath, smiling at her. "We have time now, if you wish to do something." He murmured. It certainly wasn't like him to suggest ditching their duties to do other things. But Hitch was right. He couldn't always be so serious.

You could shout at me from the window?

A soft laugh escaped him as he shrugged his shoulders. "I suppose I could. I wouldn't want to disturb the peace though." he said. More so he didn't want to get in trouble for causing a ruckus. He had enough troubles with his comrades already without adding more.

At her comment, he found himself smirking at it, but his smirk had softened into a warm smile moments after. Seeing that he had caused her to blush, he chuckled softly. It was amusing to see her still get so easily flustered. Listening as she spoke, he kept his eyes on her until she asked him the same. What did he think of marriage?

Marlowe turned his gaze away from her. He removed his arm from around her waist, resting his arm back on the boat. "I think that one day when I ...when we...are ready, I think I would love the chance to be able to call you my wife." He admitted softly. His cheeks were flushed with color, but in the moment, he didn't seem to mind.

« Reply #14 on: January 16, 2021, 09:17:27 AM »
 Hitch shot Marlowe a surprised look, a genuinely surprised look. "I was wondering when you were going to start kissing me." She said teasingly, though she did not expect Marlowe to suggest ditching work. Maybe she was having a positive influence on him, at least in regards to helping him relax. He was incredibly handsome.

"I'll disturb the peace for you don't worry." She promised with a smirk. "I will come wake you up really early if you like?" Of course, assumed that Hitch would actually be awake at that time, or if she managed to set an alarm that she was able to crawl out of her bed.

"Wife?" She echoed, imagining him asking her the question, imagining her answering the question. Hitch suddenly turned to him, placing a hand on his cheek to turn his head towards her, before kissing him passionately. She her other arm about him and pressed herself closer to him.

Tags:

* Tagbox

Refresh History

* Credits

Site banner, advert image and affiliate button created by Moon Child

Reluctant Heroes is in no way affiliated with Shingeki no Kyojin, Attack on Titan or Funimation and we give full credit to Hajime Isayama. Copyrights and trademarks for the manga and anime are held by their respective owners while all original content remains the property of the individual writers and artists.

We are grateful to former staff member Artsy for her creative input.