• Puffin: I love Lady Lara. <3
    February 13, 2021, 12:48:28 AM
  • Puffin: Hi Rhea! How are you?
    January 09, 2021, 11:39:03 AM
  • Rhea: Hi
    January 09, 2021, 12:55:29 AM
  • Hitch Dreyse: Hey hope everyone is doing okay
    December 09, 2020, 10:08:46 AM
  • HiddenBaroness: Hey Raze! Good to hear from you again! Don't worry, I think a few of us had RL things take over for a hot minute.
    November 30, 2020, 03:10:32 PM
  • Razahir Kōri: Howdy everyone! ^^ Soem of you may still remember me! :D I just want to write that I'm terribly sorry for disappearing for such a long time! IRL took it's tll on me in the past few months! Both my work and my MSc studies kinda things for me/ With that I would like to apologize to everyone I made wait! Starting next week I'm planning on catching up with all my replies! After that I'll be really slow till February, but I'll try to write at least every two weeks in case I receive replies! ^^ Again sorry everyone and I hope all of you are doing well! ^^ Sora
    November 22, 2020, 07:58:14 PM
  • Petra Ral: I am good thanks, you?
    November 22, 2020, 03:43:51 PM
  • Petra Ral: Hey Puffin! Sorry I did not see this xD
    November 22, 2020, 03:43:46 PM
  • Puffin: Mercy! <3  How are you?
    November 20, 2020, 09:23:37 PM
  • Petra Ral: Evening all
    November 19, 2020, 05:08:50 PM
  • Petra Ral: Hi!
    November 10, 2020, 02:50:53 PM
  • Puffin: How is it Sunday already?! I hope everyone is having a good weekend!
    November 08, 2020, 04:26:45 PM
  • Webs: Hi, Ramgami!! And hello to all guests :)
    November 04, 2020, 05:50:40 PM
  • Puffin: Happy November, everyone! <3
    November 02, 2020, 12:06:19 PM
  • Puffin: I hope everyone is having a good weekend so far! ^^
    October 24, 2020, 06:14:05 PM
  • Quiet: And Kenny!  :D
    October 21, 2020, 01:17:46 AM
  • Quiet: Hi Lingwasta! Welcome to RH!
    October 21, 2020, 12:56:07 AM
  • Quiet: But yeah I think Fergus will be interesting to write once he gets in the game. :-)
    October 18, 2020, 01:48:13 AM
  • Quiet: I was proud of that lol!
    October 17, 2020, 11:58:44 PM
  • Puffin: Love Colin Morgan for Fergus Hardt, Quiet!  And I thoroughly enjoyed the GIF of him munching in his application. :D
    October 17, 2020, 11:40:51 PM

* Directories

RPG-DRPG InitiativeRPGfixTop RP Sites

Author Topic: [OPEN] Working hard or hardly working (OPEN)  (Read 1198 times)

Re: Working hard or hardly working (OPEN)
« Reply #15 on: January 16, 2021, 12:56:17 PM »
Seeing her surprised look, he rose an eyebrow. She was always the one saying he needed to relax more. Why was she so shocked that he took her up on her offer? A quiet, breathy laugh left him. "It's like I keep telling you, Hitch. I know how to relax when I want to." He said. It was rare, sure. But in the moment, he didn't mind.

Marlowe could only laugh at that. She disturbed the peace around the base often enough. And he couldn't imagine her getting up early just to wake him. "You do realize I'm always up before you, right?" he asked curiously. Hitch always slept in, that wasn't anything new. Normally he always had to wake her up.

Marlowe avoided her gaze as she spoke. Should he not have said anything? Maybe not. They were still new to their relationship, despite having feelings for each other longer then a few months. Maybe it was strange to be thinking about the future right now.

When his head was turned to her, he was startled by the sudden kiss. His eyes widened for a moment before he found himself relaxing. He closed his eyes, kissing her back. Well, this was her answer it seemed. He tugged her closer, lightly resting a hand on her waist.

Into the fire you fall
Only you can make it right
Stand up and fight for resolve

« Reply #16 on: January 16, 2021, 06:05:40 PM »
"But you always seem so dedicate to your work... I just never expected you to agree." Hirch admitted, though she was pleased that he happened to be taking up her advice and making use of it. The last thing she would have wanted was for him to stress himself out with work.

She smiled at his laugh, it was good to hear him laugh. "That's not exactly difficult. I do like to sleep in, or forget my alarm, or ignore my alarm, or switch off the clock before I go to bed." She chuckled. "Any excuse for a few extra minutes in bed." Of course only the Military Police allowed for that level of laziness.

Hitch smirked, between kisses, feeling him relax. She grinned when he pulled her closer to him and felt his hand on her waist. She continued to kiss him, to finally, breathlessly, she broke the kiss spell, pausing to catch her breath, her bright brown eyes looking up at him as she caught her breath.

« Reply #17 on: January 16, 2021, 07:08:41 PM »
Marlowe shrugged at that, watching the other. Sure, he was dedicated. And that wasn't going to change just because he felt like taking a break in the moment. Besides, today was slow. And should anything happen, they'd know and he'd be the first to jump to action. "Guess I'm full of surprises." he said with a soft laugh. Either that, or Hitch was just rubbing off on him. The latter seemed more likely.

He shook his head as he smile fondly at her. She did love to sleep in when possible. He smirked teasingly at her. "Sleep in all you want, Hitch. But if there's ever an emergency, don't expect me to wake you." he said. He would if it truly was important.

He allowed Hitch to pull away, looking down at her breathlessly. He rose his hand, gently cupping her cheek as he placed a soft kiss to her forehead. "I take it your answer would be yes then if I ever proposed to you." he whispered, lightly stroking her cheek. Perhaps one day he would.

Into the fire you fall

« Reply #18 on: January 17, 2021, 07:55:51 AM »
"It is part of what makes you so fascinating as a person." Hitch told him with a small smirk on her face. Sure he was handsome and clearly strong willed enough to resist the temptations that claimed most of their regiment, but the fact that he was full of surprises made him just that extra bit interesting.

She laughed at that. "I know you Marlowe, you would wake me up. Besides you need me to watch out for you." Plus knowing him, if anything ever happened to her because he did not wake her up, he would forever fell guilty about it.

"Ask me again when you ask the question." Hitch whispered teasingly. "A girl has to have her secrets after all." She rested her head against his chest, feeling the reassuring beat and rhythm of his heart. "How do you know I won't ask you first?"

« Reply #19 on: January 17, 2021, 05:48:43 PM »
He chuckled quietly and looked down. That's what made him fascinating? Wanting to take a break? Hitch was setting the bar pretty low wasn't she? "Well, thank you." He murmured, smiling at her rare compliment, even though she still had her usual teasing tone to her voice.

He let out a sigh, shaking his head. Alright, she knew him too well. If anything had happened, he'd be there to wake her up. He scoffed softly, looking down at her. "Watch out for me?" he asked curiously. He didn't need to be looked after. He could handle himself. "Hitch, you don't need to worry about me. I can handle myself." He said.

Watching as she rested her head on his chest, he sighed softly. He rose his arms, wrapping them around her. He chuckled quietly, smiling a bit. "You'd probably forget to." He said.

Into the fire you fall

« Reply #20 on: January 17, 2021, 10:15:07 PM »
"You are always full of surprises, be it buying me late birthday gifts or kissing me under the mistletoe." Hitch whispered to him softly. "I still have the necklace you gave me you know." She did not wear it often, for fear of losing it or it getting damaged. It was the only real jewelry that she owned.

She snorted at that. "You need me to watch you back." Hitch insisted with a wry smirk. "Not that I mind that view at all, but it helps to keep you alive too. I'd be rather upset if you died, especially before you managed to finish your crusade." She could not resist teasing him about his self imposed quest to reform the Military Police from the ground up. Anyone else who was interested in him would have helped, Hitch was however Hitch. She did not actively hinder his goals, his dreams, nor did she aid him, save as a friend and preventing him from getting too beat up. Not really good girlfriend behaviour she thought bitterly, but she doubted he would prefer the pair of them getting beaten up.

"I would not." Hitch protested. "I'd remember to ask the man I love to marry me..." She trailed off feeling her cheeks redden at the mention of the word love, Hitch rare put a label on her affections. About the only person she was truly close to was him. She never felt comfortable around anyone else but him.

« Reply #21 on: January 17, 2021, 10:31:34 PM »
Marlowe chuckled softly at that. He tried to be a good boyfriend to her. Whether he was actually doing so, he had no idea. He hoped he was at least. His eyes widened at the mention of her still having the necklace. "You do?" He asked, his voice quiet. He thought for sure she would have sold it for money or something. It was touching to know it held some sentimental value to her though.

He let out an exasperated sigh at that, but his smile remained. She was never going to let up on poking fun at him and his goals was she? Not that it mattered, it just gave him determination to continue at it. He shook his head slightly, watching her. "I'm not dying, Hitch. Not anytime soon, so don't start thinking like that." he murmured. He couldn't leave her alone. He didn't know how she'd cope then.

Seeing her blush, his gaze softened and he tightened his arms around her a bit. It was rare she openly admitted her love to him. Her affection came in the form of her jokes as he's come to realize. So to hear her say it, it was a welcomed change. "I love you too, Hitch." He whispered, placing a kiss to her head.

Into the fire you fall

« Reply #22 on: January 19, 2021, 05:48:11 AM »
"Of course." Hitch confessed honestly. "I don't have it with me to prove it, but I have it all the same." Sadly she was not in the position to simply start discarding and or selling gifts on. Presents, were not a common thing during her youth, in the time before the military. Kinda hard to buy gifts when the family lived a near hand to mouth existence. If only her dad had never been a Scout, then perhaps all of that suffering could have been avoided. But he wanted to  be free, to see the world and make it safe for all humanity.
A noble goal perhaps, but one that meant little in the end as it left his family scrabbling to survive till Hitch had been old enough to enlist. With one less mouth to feed and the few coins the military paid it's cadets, it had been enough to keep her family alive till her brothers were old enough to help out by getting jobs themselves.

"Good you still have to ask me a question." Hitch responded teasingly, bringing the conversation away from death and his heroic crusade against corruption to the marriage proposal topic earlier. If he was dead, he could not ask the question and Hitch could not exactly give him her answer.

She felt him tighten his arms around her and Hitch let out a quiet sigh, it was a contented sigh. "I still wonder as to why you  do, but I am happy that you do." Hitch whispered quietly, her insecurities about her actions towards him bubbling up. "I know we're going out but... I'm not exactly the best person." Marlowe could have his pick of any girl in the military not just the regiment, or if he fancied it any girl outside of it. Yet here he was with her, a sarcastic and lazy young woman. 

« Reply #23 on: January 19, 2021, 09:18:06 PM »
Marlowe watched her, a fond smile on his lips. It was touching that it meant that much to her to keep it. He'd have to just take her word for it since she hardly wore it. He hummed softly, looking down at the floor. "Well, that's good. It did look nice on you." he said. Although he could see why she didn't want to wear it. It could be easily lost or stolen from her.

Marlowe chuckled at that and nodded a bit. "That's true, I do." he mumbled quietly. One day he would propose to Hitch. Right now didn't seem the right time. But in the future, he would for sure if things went smoothly for their relationship.

Hearing her sigh, he shifted his gaze to her. As she spoke, his smile faded and was replaced by a look of concern. It wasn't like her to talk so openly about her insecurities. Did she really feel this way? He heaved out a heavy sigh, pulling away to meet her gaze. "Hitch, no one is the best person." He murmured, lightly resting a hand on her cheek. "You're not perfect, but that's fine. No one is. I love you for who you are, flaws and all. I don't ever want you to change." He murmured reassuringly. Sure, he'd like if she took her duties more seriously sometimes. But was that going to effect how he viewed her? Not at all.

Into the fire you fall

« Reply #24 on: January 20, 2021, 09:36:58 PM »
"I might wear it when I'm off duty again... It's not worth risking on duty." Especially if the pair of them got into trouble. She would be mortified if she lost the gift. It had been the first present he ever truly gave her. It was something she cherished, Hitch would have cherished it even if it had not come from him, but the fact it had... Well it made the gift have even more value to her.

She smirked at him, she had no doubt that he would one day ask the question. It was merely a matter of when and where. Hitch knew that was down to him, unless she decided to jump the gun and ask him first.

She glanced away from him, feeling her cheeks flush with colour as he explained that he loved her, that he still loved her flaws and all. "Thank you." Hitch said quietly to him, giving him a smile. "You mean a lot to me."

« Reply #25 on: January 20, 2021, 10:07:29 PM »
Marlowe hummed softly and nodded. "I get it. Though if you lost it, I'd just have to replace it." he murmured. It wouldn't be the first item of hers he had to replace. He didn't have to replace her shirt that got ruined when she got shot. But he had wanted to. And he'd replace the necklace too should she ever lose it.

Seeing her blush, his gaze softened as he lightly brushed his thumb along her cheek. "You mean a lot to me too." he whispered. Of course she did. He loved her. He was only sorry it took him so long to realize his feelings towards her. He leaned down, giving her a soft kiss for a moment before pulling away again.

He chuckled quietly, looking away. "Sorry. Didn't mean to embarrass you in public." He said. He then moved away from her, leaning against the edge of the boat. He sighed softly, watching their surroundings as they sailed by. He turned his gaze back to Hitch. "And sorry for interrupting your nap. I won't wake you if you wish to sleep again." he said.

Into the fire you fall

« Reply #26 on: January 21, 2021, 06:33:38 PM »
"It would not be the same though." Hitch pointed back, touched by the idea that he would replace such an expensive gift again as if it were nothing. She had been surprised he had been willing to pay for such a gift at the time, but Marlowe was the generous sort, or at least to her he was.

She smirked up at him, then returned the kiss. Hitch loved Marlowe, even if it did not look like she truly cared for him. She preferred to play her cards close to her chest, few people other that Marlowe actually knew where they stood with her, which was exactly how Hitch liked it. Marlowe knew how she felt about him and that was all that mattered.

"You're getting your own back considering how much I do it to you." Hitch reassured him, though her voice held her familiar teasing tone. She was clearly starting to recover. "I'm awake now, besides it means we get to hang out together, somewhere outside of work." She leant herself against the edge of the boat as well. "The world is a lot more beautiful than we realise..." Hitch commented, watching the scenery slowly glide past.

« Reply #27 on: January 21, 2021, 06:56:03 PM »
Marlowe shrugged at that. True, it wouldn't be the same. But, at least the thought was nice, right? Sure, it was expensive. And replacing it would cost a bit as well. But, Hitch was worth it, in his eyes. And he wouldn't just go out of his way and do this for anyone. So really, she was special. And he had a feeling she knew that. "I know. But aren't boyfriends supposed to spoil their girlfriends?" He asked with a soft smile, looking down at her.

As she returned the kiss, he smiled faintly before pulling away. He chuckled softly at her reassuring, looking down. "Perhaps, but you know I don't mind your teasing anymore." He murmured. Well, not as much. It was endearing in a way. He doubted she'd ever drop it completely, so he had grown to accept it.

Watching as she leaned against the side, he followed her gaze forward, looking around. Yeah, some parts within the walls were really beautiful. He smiled softly, nodding in agreement. "It is." He murmured quietly. He glanced down at Hitch after a moment. "Though, perhaps somewhere outside of these walls, there's lands far more beautiful then this." He stated, looking ahead again. He sighed softly. "If the scouts ever manage to rid the world of the titans, I'd love to travel the world with you one day." He murmured.

Into the fire you fall

« Reply #28 on: January 23, 2021, 09:17:25 PM »
"They are and the same can be said for girlfriends and their boyfriends." Hitch countered with a smirk, feeling her cheeks warming. Did she spoil Marlowe? Memories flickered through her mind of her hanging out with him, lying across his chest on his bed, that one time during winter survival training where they shared a sleeping bag to avoid freezing to death.

"I never thought you did." Hitch responded with a wry smile and a shrug of her shoulders. Of course during the early days of their friendship in the Cadets, her teasing comments were not always meant as a sign of affection. But her teasing comments soon became a sign of affection, even if it would take a very long time for her to actually admit her feelings towards him.

She opened her mouth to say something then closed it before saying instead. "Me too." Hitch knew Marlowe understood her opinion on the Scouts, but he also understood why and how she felt that way about them. But it might be nice to see new things with Marlowe after the Titans were defeated.

« Reply #29 on: January 23, 2021, 09:37:48 PM »
Marlowe smirked and shook his head. Did she spoil him the way he did with her? Not really. But that was fine. He didn't need materialistic items from her. She showed her love for him in her own unique way and that was enough for him. He glanced down, moving his hand to gently hold hers. "I wouldn't say you spoil me. But, regardless you do make me feel loved and appreciated. So thank you for that." he murmured softly, running his thumb along her hand.

Marlowe chuckled, lightly nudging his shoulder against hers. "I did during our first year of training." He said. She knew that though. He couldn't quite place when he started enjoying her sly comments, or really like being around her. But it was shocking when he came to terms with it.

He glanced down as she spoke, hesitating a bit. He knew how she felt about the scouts. She had no love for them. He could understand why given her situation. "Hey...before, I was only joking, Hitch. I don't plan on joining the scouts." He murmured, hoping it would reassure her. Had he thought about it once or twice? Sure. But that was before they became an official couple. He knew his chances of survival were slim. And he didn't want to hurt her by dying out there.

Into the fire you fall

Tags:

* Tagbox

Refresh History

* Credits

Site banner, advert image and affiliate button created by Moon Child

Reluctant Heroes is in no way affiliated with Shingeki no Kyojin, Attack on Titan or Funimation and we give full credit to Hajime Isayama. Copyrights and trademarks for the manga and anime are held by their respective owners while all original content remains the property of the individual writers and artists.

We are grateful to former staff member Artsy for her creative input.