* Who's Online

• Dot Guests: 58
  • Dot Hidden: 0
  • Dot Users: 1
  • Dot Users Online:

* Wanted

* Chatbox

Refresh History
  • HiddenBaroness: How's it going, folks?
    March 29, 2021, 07:14:51 PM
  • hangesglasses: hi hi one day late
    March 20, 2021, 02:59:21 AM
  • Lou: Hey hey
    March 18, 2021, 03:30:38 AM
  • Hono Kaen: beep
    March 11, 2021, 09:41:15 AM
  • Puffin: I love Lady Lara. <3
    February 13, 2021, 12:48:28 AM
  • Puffin: Hi Rhea! How are you?
    January 09, 2021, 11:39:03 AM
  • Rhea: Hi
    January 09, 2021, 12:55:29 AM
  • Hitch Dreyse: Hey hope everyone is doing okay
    December 09, 2020, 10:08:46 AM
  • HiddenBaroness: Hey Raze! Good to hear from you again! Don't worry, I think a few of us had RL things take over for a hot minute.
    November 30, 2020, 03:10:32 PM
  • Razahir Kōri: Howdy everyone! ^^ Soem of you may still remember me! :D I just want to write that I'm terribly sorry for disappearing for such a long time! IRL took it's tll on me in the past few months! Both my work and my MSc studies kinda things for me/ With that I would like to apologize to everyone I made wait! Starting next week I'm planning on catching up with all my replies! After that I'll be really slow till February, but I'll try to write at least every two weeks in case I receive replies! ^^ Again sorry everyone and I hope all of you are doing well! ^^ Sora
    November 22, 2020, 07:58:14 PM
  • Petra Ral: I am good thanks, you?
    November 22, 2020, 03:43:51 PM
  • Petra Ral: Hey Puffin! Sorry I did not see this xD
    November 22, 2020, 03:43:46 PM
  • Puffin: Mercy! <3  How are you?
    November 20, 2020, 09:23:37 PM
  • Petra Ral: Evening all
    November 19, 2020, 05:08:50 PM
  • Petra Ral: Hi!
    November 10, 2020, 02:50:53 PM
  • Puffin: How is it Sunday already?! I hope everyone is having a good weekend!
    November 08, 2020, 04:26:45 PM
  • Webs: Hi, Ramgami!! And hello to all guests :)
    November 04, 2020, 05:50:40 PM
  • Puffin: Happy November, everyone! <3
    November 02, 2020, 12:06:19 PM
  • Puffin: I hope everyone is having a good weekend so far! ^^
    October 24, 2020, 06:14:05 PM
  • Quiet: And Kenny!  :D
    October 21, 2020, 01:17:46 AM

* Directories

RPG-DRPG InitiativeRPGfixTop RP Sites

Author Topic: [OPEN] Working hard or hardly working (OPEN)  (Read 2299 times)

Re: Working hard or hardly working (OPEN)
« Reply #75 on: February 21, 2021, 11:05:22 PM »
Marlowe glanced her over, watching as she contemplated his words. At her answer, he chuckled softly. He'd be shocked if she had accepted honestly. He knew paperwork wasn't exactly her favorite thing to do here. He wouldn't force her to then. "Alright Hitch." he murmured, pressing a kiss to her head.

Whether she could or not, he had no idea. He wouldn't hold it against her if she couldn't. All he was hoping for was she'd try. He pulled her closer to his side, offering a reassuring smile to her. "If I pass out can I trust you won't cause trouble while i'm out?" he asked curiously.

Into the fire you fall
Only you can make it right
Stand up and fight for resolve

« Reply #76 on: February 23, 2021, 06:40:55 AM »
 Hitch smirked at his kiss before leaning up to kiss him on the mouth. She pulled away after a few seconds, pleased that they wouldn't be needing to do any paperwork. At least for a while, paperwork was too much like hard and actual work, two things she came to the Military Police to avoid.

Hitch let him pull her closer and she leaned against him. "Of course, I'm a good girl I can take care of myself and you." She reassured him, eyes shining with amusement. "Probably going to need help to drag you to your bed but other than that I should be fine."

« Reply #77 on: February 23, 2021, 12:21:41 PM »
Marlowe froze at the sudden kiss, not having expected it. He quickly relaxed however, closing his eyes as he kissed her back. When she pulled away, he glanced down at her, smiling a bit. He chuckled softly, looking down. God he loved her.

Of course, I'm a good girl I can take care of myself and you.

Marlowe rolled his eyes at that. He didn't believe that for a second. He couldn't help but to chuckle. "Sure Hitch. I'll wake up and see that you've robbed someone or something." He murmured teasingly.

He was silent for a moment before sighing. Was she that certain he'd pass out? Fine, he wouldn't make her work then. "If that's your main worry then why not go to a bed right now? Save you the effort of having to drag me?" He asked.

Into the fire you fall

Re: Working hard or hardly working (OPEN) M
« Reply #78 on: February 24, 2021, 11:07:25 AM »
 Hitch smirked up at him after he returned the kiss, for the longest time she had believed that the only chance of them kissing was in the realm of day dreams. But life as ever has a sense of humour and found a way for them to fall in love. Despite their differences in regards to morals, work ethics and activity levels. But perhaps it was because of their differences that they fell in love, hadn't her Mom always said opposites attracted?

"Hey give me some credit, I'd tie you up first, then rob the place blind." Hitch laughing jokingly. She was not about to start committing crimes, at least not any time soon. Besides, being a criminal in the last place belonging to humanity seemed like a foolish move to Hitch. There was only so much space to hide in, sooner or later any criminal would be found, regardless of how good they might be.

She felt her cheeks redden. "Are you..." Hitch began uncertainly. "Are you asking if I want to... Erm... You know..." Why was it so easy to think it but impossible to say it?

« Reply #79 on: February 24, 2021, 03:48:28 PM »
Marlowe smiled at her, gently nudging her shoulder with his own. He loved these small moments of affection between them. It was a brief break from Hitch's usual teasing, so he was grateful for it.

Marlowe laughed at her joke, shaking his head a bit. "Really? How charming of you." he said teasingly. He honestly wouldn't put it past her. It was just a matter of actually managing to tie him up first. He'd like to see her try.

At her sudden blush, he rose an eyebrow. What was she suggesting? He hesitated a bit, looking her over. Oh. His eyes widened and he quickly shook his head. "No...that's not what I was implying." he said quickly.

Into the fire you fall

« Reply #80 on: February 24, 2021, 08:48:16 PM »
She eyed him mischievously and smirked. "Of course, I'd bat my long eyelashes at you and whilst you're distracted by my wily feminine charms I'd slip you a drugged drink and you'd be out for the count." Hitch was of course joking, she would never do anything. But there were handy things that could be learned from plants and medicines. Who knew when she might need to knock someone out?

Hitch's blush deepened as he explained what he had actually meant. It had been a bit of cross communications between the two of them. "Good... I... I know we sleep together... I mean lie in bed and fall asleep... But..." She trailed off realising she was only digging herself a deeper pit. "So... How are you finding the weather?" Hitch asked, switching the topic suddenly and hoping to extricate herself and him with some dignity from the awkward conversation.

« Reply #81 on: February 27, 2021, 02:01:08 PM »
Marlowe stared at her with slight wide eyes. Oh, she was serious wasn't she? "You scare me sometimes." he murmured, looking her over. He'd have to make a note to never take any drink offer from her in the future. While he was sure she never would actually drug him, he wouldn't put it past her. Especially if they ever got into an argument in the future or she just got sick of him for the day.

Seeing her blush darken, his cheeks heated up as well. He glanced away from her, clearing his throat. "I'm not saying I would never be down for trying Hitch. But...a crowded boat isn't exactly an ideal place for it." he said. If they were somewhere more private, then sure. But not where anyone could walk in whenever they pleased. Of course only if Hitch would be alright with it. He was never going to do anything to her she wasn't comfortable with.

Marlowe gave her hand a reassuring squeeze before letting go. At her question about the weather, he chuckled softly. "The weather is great." he answered. He glanced around, sighing softly. It was warm out today. Hardly a cloud in the sky. It was perfect honestly. "Wish everyday could be like this." He murmured. Sadly winter was just around the corner. He couldn't say he was looking forward to the colder weather.

Into the fire you fall

« Reply #82 on: February 27, 2021, 03:45:19 PM »
 Hitch chuckled at that statement, amused by it. "I'd never actually do that to you." She attempted to reassure her boyfriend. "I'm sure there are sometimes I am scared of you." She said quietly, though was unwillingly to say they were generally more scared of him dying or getting hurt. His crusade against corruption gave him few friends. She was the exception there, but admittedly she had her own more than friends interests. Much to the surprise of everyone in the regiment, since at the best of times it seemed all they did was argue.

She nodded, feeling her cheeks grow hot and nodded the once in agreement. "Yeah..." She rubbed the back of her neck feeling awkward and embarrassed. She mentally kicked herself for having become confused by the fact that he had mentioned sleeping. It was what started this awkward slide into an awkward topic.

Hitch returned the squeeze. They were okay despite the slide into a new topic but one they probably needed to have even if they had not actually intended to discuss it. "Yeah... That's why I was having a nap." Till Marlowe came and woke her up, but it was nice to spend some time with him, even if he had woke her up because it was her duty to be on guard. "Me too." She told him softly. 

« Reply #83 on: February 27, 2021, 05:09:48 PM »
Marlowe smirked at her comment. "I know you, Hitch. You would." he stated simply. He was only teasing her though. He hoped she would never get to that point. He glanced her over, hesitating. "You're scared of me?" he asked quietly, a bit unnerved by her statement. Had he done something wrong to have hurt or freak her out? Sure they had tiny arguments, but they always made up. He couldn't recall anything that would have made her scared of him.

Deciding to move away from the topic, he glanced down at the water. He wouldn't continue this topic since he didn't want to embarrass Hitch more. It was just a misunderstanding, nothing more. But there was no harm in clarifying things.

Feeling her return the squeeze, he relaxed a bit. He chuckled softly, looking over at her. "I'm sorry for waking you up." he said quietly. "I can always leave you alone and you can rest again." He offered.

Into the fire you fall

« Reply #84 on: February 27, 2021, 05:42:39 PM »
 "I would never." Hitch objected. "It is how you ruin trust, putting stuff in your boyfriend's drink. I'd only do that if you were unwell." She knew a few herbal recipes and the like which might help him feel better if he was sick or injured. But all the same Hitch hoped to never need to use them. Hitch looked away suddenly feeling uncomfortable. "Not... Scared of you... Scared of you getting hurt." She admitted awkwardly. It was natural to be afraid of something bad happening to someone you loved, true, but Marlowe had a habit of getting himself into trouble with the bad elements. People who might not be merely content with beating him up."No I like spending time with you. Especially when we get to be alone like this." Hitch told him softly, finding her gaze falling to the water. "We could rest together, sometime."

« Reply #85 on: February 28, 2021, 07:17:06 PM »
Marlowe hummed quietly. "Sure." he murmured teasingly. He gently nudged her before looking down, sighing softly. It was touching that she'd take care of him if he was sick. But, he hoped he'd never be in that situation. He didn't want to burden Hitch with needing to work to care for him.

Not... Scared of you... Scared of you getting hurt.

Marlowe sighed softly, watching her with slight concern. It was true that he got hurt pretty often. Of course it was nothing he couldn't recover from, it was never anything serious. A few bruises here and there, but nothing ever needing medical attention. Of course, one day it could end up being serious, maybe even fatal. Maybe he should start being more cautious, just for Hitch's sake.

"I'll do my best to avoid getting hurt in the future. I promise." Marlowe said, offering a reassuring smile. Though, he wasn't sure how long he'd be able to hold onto this promise. Especially considering how often he got into fights with their superiors.

His gaze softened and he glanced ahead. "Perhaps. I'd like that." he said after a moment.

Into the fire you fall

« Reply #86 on: February 28, 2021, 08:10:44 PM »
 Hitch nudged him back. "You'd care for me if I got sick." She countered before adding teasingly. "Knowing you, you wouldn't leave my side even if I only had a flu or something." It was sweet of him to worry about her though, even if he did not necessarily need to do so. Hitch was used to taking care of herself, she knew at times it happened to be difficult to let someone else do that for her, not out of wanting something, but because it came from love.

"I'm glad to hear it." She sounded relieved at his promise. "Plus you forget I am there when you take your shirt off so I can tell if you got bruises or not." Hitch cared a lot more about Marlowe than she happened to be willing to let anyone know. "Rent a cabin in the woods, view of the lake and watch the sunset together." She sighed quietly, as if imagining that.

« Reply #87 on: March 01, 2021, 03:08:44 AM »
You'd care for me if I got sick.

Marlowe gave her a curious look. "Was that ever in doubt?" He asked, looking her over. He loved her. Her health and safety was always going to be his number one priority. If she truly believed he'd let her take care of herself if she was ever sick or hurt, she was wrong. Even if it was something minor, he'd still be there for her.

He gave a faint smile upon hearing how relieved she sounded. His smile had faded slightly at her next comment. That was true. It was hard to hide anything from her. It wasn't exactly like he wanted to lie to her. He glanced away from her, remaining silent. Perhaps he'd have to seriously start rethinking what he was doing in the Military Police. Even if he never got seriously injured, he knew any sort of injury on him only caused Hitch stress. He didn't want to keep doing this to her.

"Hitch?" he started, almost a bit hesitantly. His gaze turned to meet hers again. "You know as well as I do that I can't just drop my goal of wanting to change the MP's for the better." he stated. He refused to just let this corruption continue. "But, I know the way I'm going about it only leads to me getting injured. And I'm sorry for causing you that kind of worry. I...may start taking your advice." he admitted after a moment. Falling in line for now and working his way up to a promotion truly seemed to be the best course of action. It would be easy, if he could just control himself to not act impulsively.

Rent a cabin in the woods, view of the lake and watch the sunset together.

Marlowe had to agree, that sounded lovely. "I would love to do that one day." he murmured softly. Just a getaway with the two of them, away from work, it may do them some good. Hitch wanted Marlowe to start loosening up in life. That would certainly be a good way to do so.

Into the fire you fall

« Reply #88 on: March 01, 2021, 09:41:25 AM »
 Hitch looked away from her said in a very quiet voice, barely above a whisper. "I'm not used to having someone in my life I can rely on... It's strange... Having someone who will always be there for me." She confessed as if she were speaking of a sin to a priest. Given everything that had happened to her, being only ever able to rely on herself for much of her life... It was hard going to break down the barriers and to let someone else in.

She managed to meet his gaze. "I know you can't and... And I'd never ask you to give up something like that for me." Hitch blurted out, such a thing would be the height of selfishness and merely prove to all that she was a selfish person, thus meaning she was not worthy of being his girlfriend."Maybe the best way forward is to work smarter and not harder at it." Hitch agreed relieved that he might try a less direct approach and hopefully one that would not see him hurt. He believed in what he was trying to do and even though Hitch did not share his goal, there was a sort of nobility in his ideals.

"Me too... But I'm guessing we won't be able to get some time off of work for a while." Hitch sounded sad, but with everything that had taken place of late, with what remains of humanity facing extinction... Holidays and leave would probably be harder to come by, if at all possible.

« Reply #89 on: March 01, 2021, 10:12:54 AM »
Marlowe's gaze softened at her words. It was believable given her personality. It wasn't one who truly kept others around for long. Marlowe seemed to be the exception. It seems he was the only one who actually knew the real Hitch. She wasn't one for opening up to others. "Of course I'll be here for you Hitch." he insisted gently. After all, he was her boyfriend. He couldn't exactly just abandon her.

He was a bit thrown off by her sudden reaction, but he was grateful for it in his own way. He knew Hitch didn't care much for change. He knew she probably thought his ideas stupid and perhaps even a bit selfish. But, he was glad she wasn't asking him to change. Still, he had to agree with her. The way he was going about his goal right now wasn't doing much. "We'll see." he murmured, offering a reassuring smile to her.

Sadly, he didn't see them getting time off for the foreseeable future. Perhaps next year if they were lucky. But given recent events, that may not happen. "Well, that's alright. We can still have a great time around the district. We don't need to go to any cabin." he said. 

Into the fire you fall

Tags:

* Tagbox

Refresh History

* Credits

Site banner, advert image and affiliate button created by Moon Child

Reluctant Heroes is in no way affiliated with Shingeki no Kyojin, Attack on Titan or Funimation and we give full credit to Hajime Isayama. Copyrights and trademarks for the manga and anime are held by their respective owners while all original content remains the property of the individual writers and artists.

We are grateful to former staff member Artsy for her creative input.