* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Season

Season 2

* Activity

Re: Team Six: Garrison Regiment [Assault on Utopia] by Arkin Holt
[September 15, 2018, 01:46:46 AM]

Site Update #05 by Puffin
[September 14, 2018, 08:30:28 PM]

Re: Roll Call #06! by Puffin
[September 14, 2018, 06:54:04 PM]

Re: Roll Call #06! by Kouki
[September 12, 2018, 09:31:30 PM]

Re: Staff Promotion by Webs
[September 12, 2018, 06:02:57 PM]

* Who's Online

• Dot Guests: 50
  • Dot Hidden: 0
  • Dot Users: 0

There aren't any users online.

* Wanted

* Chatbox

Refresh History
  • Quiet: No stress and no worries. Mitabi can dangle for a little while longer. ;-)
    September 21, 2018, 12:24:41 AM
  • Lou: I will be posting here soon. I haven't forgotten about you all <3
    September 20, 2018, 03:17:08 AM
  • Quiet: Awwwww thank you!
    September 15, 2018, 11:21:57 PM
  • Lou: <3
    September 15, 2018, 09:38:32 PM
  • Lou: Arkin
    September 15, 2018, 09:38:23 PM
  • Puffin: Quiet has the power! :D
    September 14, 2018, 07:09:31 PM
  • Lou: Dangerous Quiet...oh man
    September 13, 2018, 05:38:13 AM
  • Lou: hahaha
    September 13, 2018, 05:37:54 AM
  • Quiet: LOL it finally clicked how to do it - so now I'm dangerous. ;-)
    September 12, 2018, 06:23:55 PM
  • Puffin: Quiet, that is some perfect gift usage. <3
    September 12, 2018, 04:39:39 PM
  • Puffin: Pretty good, thanks! Glad the working day is over. :D
    September 12, 2018, 04:39:18 PM
  • Webs: how is everybody?
    September 11, 2018, 11:28:11 PM
  • Webs: <3
    September 11, 2018, 11:28:08 PM
  • Mitabi Jarnach: I am happy it is the weekend.
    September 08, 2018, 03:51:31 AM
  • Quiet: Hope everyone is having a good time heading into Friday and has a great weekend!!
    September 07, 2018, 03:12:48 AM
  • Auruo Bossard: Also I need to switch accounts cause yeah
    September 05, 2018, 04:40:49 AM
  • Auruo Bossard: I can't wait until this weekend because I will have time to playyyyy
    September 05, 2018, 04:40:34 AM
  • Auruo Bossard: YUSSSSS
    September 05, 2018, 04:39:29 AM
  • Quiet: As am I.  :-X >:D XP
    September 03, 2018, 09:30:08 PM
  • Puffin: Ooft, my feelings! I can't wait to see how it all unfolds. And I'm curious how Ian will react...
    September 03, 2018, 09:25:21 PM

* Our Server

* Directories

RPG-DRPG Initiative

Author Topic: Big Buff Teddy-Weddy (Ian)  (Read 613 times)

Big Buff Teddy-Weddy (Ian)
« on: January 26, 2018, 10:07:14 PM »
Gladios stepped off of the lift and onto the wall, eyes glancing over the horizon out towards wall Maria before he turned his head back towards the capitol. He’d been asked to report here for his new post. So many of the garrison had been moved around back and forth, even a year after the fall of wall Maria, he’d been jolted all about the walls until they finally came to an agreement that he’d be placed here. He felt like he could settle this time, and enjoy the company of new friends, and his new permanent base. Getting to know the people in town would be even better, all the new animals and things to do.
He spotted another garrison soldier, approaching with a growing smile, despite his seemingly unfriendly features. He was glowing, like a cadet on their first day of the job with that same over enthusiastic vibe. “Hello!” Came his greeting, coated in his heavy slurrish accent. “I am new to outpost, Gladios.”

Re: Big Buff Teddy-Weddy (Ian)
« Reply #1 on: January 27, 2018, 04:59:34 PM »
It was a pleasant day on the Wall, the breeze that whispered over the ramparts warm and gentle.  Even Ian found the weather temperate, his rose-emblazoned jacket draped over the chase of one of the wall-mounted cannons.  The soldier worked diligently, ceaselessly, his head bowed as he examined the mechanisms and pulleys fastened with slender fingers and a keen eye.  Everything appeared to be in working order.

Satisfied, he was about to straighten and move onto the next piece of artillery, when a large shadow fell upon him.  Swallowed him, even.  For a brief flash, Ian felt as though he was twelve years old again, and about to be drawn into a brawl with a larger, stronger foe.  His wiry body stiffened in anticipation of a blow that would not come, grey eyes briefly widening in surprise before narrowing with mistrust.  He turned about instantly and, the moment his steely gaze settled on the hulking figure that blotted out the sun, Ian was able to relax.

This soldier, whose commitment to the Garrison Regiment was heralded by the flowers embroidered on his breast pocket, was the single tallest and broadest man Ian had ever laid eyes on.  Fearsome features were made kindly by their expression, a wide smile twisting the scar he bore, and while his accent was one the dirty-blond did not immediately recognise, the oddly formed and broken sentences didn’t go unmissed.

“Gladios…” Ian murmured thoughtfully, tilting his head back to regard the newest addition to the Trost contingent.  After a pause, he held out a hand, his fingers somewhat grubby from the maintenance work he was currently engaged in.  “The name’s Ian Dietrich.  I’ve been stationed in Trost for about as long as I can remember.”

Signature by the wonderful SilverWings! <3

« Reply #2 on: January 27, 2018, 05:53:47 PM »
The large man noticed how Ian first looked at him, startled and what might have been fear- emotions Gladios was used to seeing when eyes turned on him, quickly faded out. He beamed brighter, glancing to the man’s hand. His arms flew open, as if he were embracing the sun, and then he stepped forwards, taking the slender man into his arms and delivering a hard hug, bulky arms nearly lifting the other man, though it didn’t last for long, and Gladios chuckled lowly, ”It is so good to meet Ian! I have been moved around many time ever since fall of Maria, Shinganshina and other outer wall city members have been scattered all over.” His mood wasn’t dampened by speaking of the fall, he had blocked out those memories quite well.

”I am very happy for new outpost. They say ‘no more moving me,’ so now I can make good friends with all here.”

« Reply #3 on: January 27, 2018, 10:18:14 PM »
It seemed inconceivable that, so early into their first meeting, Gladios was prepared to throw his arms around him.  Hard-faced and often solemn, Ian’s appearance and disposition didn’t regularly inspire any sort of intimacy from those who knew him well, never mind from strangers.  The hug was fierce, tight, exactly the sort of embrace to be expected of a man built like a bear - and there were something genuinely joyful in it, as though Ian was a long-lost friend that Gladios was both relieved and delighted to be reunited with.  For that reason, even with his breath locked in his chest, Ian found himself snaking his arms awkwardly around Gladios’ mass and patting his broad back awkwardly, feeling nothing but solid muscle beneath his palms.

“Nice to meet you too,” he offered after they broke apart, glad to be able to breathe easy once more, but finding this new squaddie likeable in the first instance.  There as something inherently honest, perhaps even a touch simple, about Gladios.  The hulking soldier didn’t seem fazed by the loss of the outer Wall, but Ian attributed this to grief and trauma being strange creatures that took a different form for every person.  “Well, you’re off to a good start,” he continued, gazing up at that scarred face and offering the giant man the faintest of smiles.  “How long have you served, Gladios?”

« Reply #4 on: January 30, 2018, 03:25:11 AM »
Gladios had felt a little silly in the first moments of the hug. Normally such an action wasn’t met with a returned pat, and that was his normal first introduction. He couldn’t help himself. It felt like a such a natural means of welcoming someone into a possible friendship.

He was flustered when Ian asked how many years he’d served, and he quickly attempted to count on his fingers, resulting in numbers being mumbled and him biting his lips before finally speaking. ”Numbers... not strong suit. I think fifteen years I have served.” He gave a puppy like smile, unsure how he’d be taken in regards, his math and other achedmic skills... simply didn’t exist. He’d never been taught, and never thought to learn.

”I make up for poor skills. I am very good builder... and try to be kind.” His chest rumbled in a low chuckle, ”I help when I can... so long as help doesn’t mean math or reading.”

« Reply #5 on: February 01, 2018, 11:15:02 PM »
It seemed that one simple question - of how many years Gladios had served - left the large man flustered.  His expression, the childish way he attempted to count out on his fingers, wrenched at Ian’s heartstrings painfully.  It reminded him of his own patchy education in his early years, of evenings spent sitting in his mother’s lap as she patiently sounded out letters and read to him meandering verses of poetry that he would later come to regard as cloying.  There had been a time when he had counted using his digits, but those days were long past.  Immediately, Ian wished he could retract the query, or swap it for another. 

“Hey,” his smoky voice had softened, and he even managed to offer Gladios a small, reassuring smile of his own.  “Don’t worry about it.  The Walls still stand thanks to those with a flair for building and maintenance.  And kindness… well, that’s a virtue.”  Ian paused, long fingers pushing dirty-blond hair out of his eyes as he continued to look upwards, his gaze mapping the larger man’s coarse yet kindly features.  “You’ll meet Gustav Volk at some point - or maybe you have already?  He has a great head for numbers.  Even I turn to him for help from time to time.  There’s no shame in that.”

« Reply #6 on: June 05, 2018, 07:24:14 AM »
The change in the man's voice was noticed. As academically slow as the man was, he was good at reading people. Ian was a good person, that much he could gleam from this experience.  He smiled largely again, giving a single slow nod, "Thank you, my friend, I will be sure to speak with others for help. It is nice to have a friend so soon. I am glad I was moved here." He chimed and placed his hands on his hips, chest puffed out slightly as he smiled down at Ian still, though he felt their first meeting would soon come to a close- he had to be on his way to get paperwork read to him anyway, and find out where he could get building supplies... as well as permission to use such things. Perhaps whoever this Gustav man was would know.

"If you ever need help, I will come and do what I can for you, yes?" He offered and nodded off to the side, "But now I have thing I need to get to. I will see you later!"

Tags:

* Tagbox

Refresh History
  • Arkin Holt: ** move not movie!
    September 15, 2018, 01:48:13 AM
  • Arkin Holt: Short Arkin post for Utopia to movie it along. [link]
    September 15, 2018, 01:47:45 AM
  • Puffin: Site Update #05 is live! [link]
    September 14, 2018, 08:31:24 PM
  • Puffin: We have another staff announcement - Webs has traded in their moderator badge for an administrator one! [link]
    September 12, 2018, 03:56:54 PM
  • Puffin: We have a new staff member joining the ranks! Congratulations to Guardsman! [link]
    September 03, 2018, 03:51:37 PM
  • Puffin: Roll Call #06 is live! Be sure to drop in and post. [link]
    September 03, 2018, 01:44:20 PM
  • Dot Pixis: Anka and Pixis for Gustav! Also this is where we are going to start to link the 2 Garrison threads. :-) [link]
    September 02, 2018, 01:20:18 AM
  • Puffin: A reminder relating to the Assault on Utopia event has been posted! [link]
    August 28, 2018, 03:47:27 PM
  • Hilda Meissner: Reply for Mara! [link]
    August 26, 2018, 11:52:08 PM
  • Mara Sonnenschein: Reply for Hilda! [link]
    August 24, 2018, 11:47:29 PM

* Credits

Site banner, advert image and affiliate button created by Moon Child

Reluctant Heroes is in no way affiliated with Shingeki no Kyojin, Attack on Titan or Funimation and we give full credit to Hajime Isayama. Copyrights and trademarks for the manga and anime are held by their respective owners while all original content remains the property of the individual writers and artists.