* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Season

Season 2

* Activity

Re: OOC Sign Up by Webs
[July 16, 2019, 08:58:14 PM]

Re: OOC Sign Up by Fierro
[July 14, 2019, 09:15:33 AM]

Re: Mina Carolina by Webs
[July 13, 2019, 09:25:19 AM]

Re: The lost child [Serenity] by Tyler Morgan
[July 07, 2019, 04:49:22 PM]

Re: Wandering nostalgia. [Hilda] by Hilda Meissner
[July 07, 2019, 12:29:24 AM]

* Who's Online

• Dot Guests: 15
  • Dot Hidden: 0
  • Dot Users: 0

There aren't any users online.

* Wanted

* Chatbox

Refresh History
  • Webs: minaaaa
    July 03, 2019, 07:08:39 PM
  • Serenity Kinslea: Getting caught up on threads as wwell!
    June 29, 2019, 06:28:56 PM
  • Serenity Kinslea: Hey guys!
    June 29, 2019, 06:28:19 PM
  • Quiet: Just wanted to let everyone know I'll be getting caught up on threads when my husband and I get back home. Look for posts Sunday and Monday. :-)
    June 28, 2019, 10:47:06 PM
  • Nanaba: Welcome tategama
    June 22, 2019, 12:09:11 AM
  • Quirin Drexler: welcome, Tategama!!
    June 11, 2019, 09:04:17 PM
  • Puffin: Hi Tategama, welcome to the site! :)
    June 10, 2019, 09:35:46 PM
  • Tategama: Hello
    June 10, 2019, 09:33:17 PM
  • Webs: oh man i just saw this but YES for sure XD
    June 09, 2019, 07:58:03 PM
  • Puffin: I have to admit, the sticky floor gave me a giggle! Poor Anka and Gustav. XD
    June 07, 2019, 09:39:28 PM
  • Quiet: So if there was a Yelp in the SNK world....Gustav and Anka would be leaving the tavern a negative review lol.
    June 05, 2019, 01:26:26 AM
  • Nero: Thanks! And hi. :)
    June 03, 2019, 10:39:51 PM
  • Puffin: Oops, I was meant to do that for you, Nero! I'll take care of it now. Welcome to RH, by the way! :)
    June 03, 2019, 10:27:16 PM
  • Virgil Adair: How can I move my application into directory?
    June 03, 2019, 01:33:28 PM
  • Nero: Virgil's kinky like that, sry.
    June 02, 2019, 01:43:58 PM
  • Quiet: *waves*
    June 02, 2019, 12:47:00 AM
  • Lou: *flops in*
    June 02, 2019, 12:16:48 AM
  • Quiet: So not the first time Hugh has woken up with Virgil's hand over his mouth lol.
    June 01, 2019, 09:17:01 PM
  • Quiet: Webs!
    June 01, 2019, 02:21:14 AM
  • Webs: heyyy
    June 01, 2019, 01:53:43 AM

* Directories

RPG-DRPG Initiative

Author Topic: One Step At A Time  (Read 1418 times)

One Step At A Time
« on: January 27, 2018, 03:05:25 PM »
Anka | 30 | Garrison | Shy | Clever | Nitpicky | Kind

Friends~
While Anka is a shy person by nature, she would have some friends and friendly acquaintances. These would be people she has known for at least a few years at this point and she would still probably be pretty quiet around them. She is more of a listener than a talker (unless it is about tactical or duty matters) - even with people she has known since training or before.

Enemies~
I really don't see Anka with actual enemies. There may be people who don't care for her due to her blunt and silent disposition - but she is never really rude or mean. Some people just don't jive with each other so there is that.

Romance~
Certainly a possibility. Shy as she is, Anka may be hard to get to know and I'm not convinced battle plans are great pillow talk (depends on who you are I guess).  Still, Anka is warm and kind if someone can break down the walls and get to know her beyond duty, strategy, and trying to track people down because they filled out their paperwork wrong. It should happen organically.

Plot Ideas (Come at me with anything you can think of!)~
Trying to get Anka to loosen up.
Anything to do with work. The Garrison is a busy group and Anka would know and deal with most members to some extent.
Also d/t her position - she would at least know most leaders of other groups like the Survey Corps.
Past/Training Threads
Books and flowers - Anka's two favorite non-work related topics.
I am really open to any and all ideas! « Last Edit: January 28, 2018, 08:40:38 PM by Anka Rheinberger »

"Rise up."

Re: One Step At A Time
« Reply #1 on: January 27, 2018, 06:45:15 PM »
*flails*

Okay, so!  I know we were talking plots on Tumblr but I figured it might be best to get everything laid out here.  I'm tossing a couple of characters your way but if there's anyone else from my cast you would like threads with - it would be amazing if Marco could meet Anka someday, as they both adore flowers - all you need do is say! ^^  But for now:

Anka & Eld

I love the idea of these two knowing one another from Karanes.  Eld occasionally ran away from home during his youth, so it's possible Anka could first meet him when he is loitering on street corners, trying to earn money by sleights of hand and by singing.  I know he could really do with a friendly face during those times, and they have a mutual love of books to bond over.  More simply, they could live on the same street, in the same dodgy neighbourhood.  It would be wonderful if Anka became one of the very few people Eld trusts enough to cut his hair, as per that lovely headcanon of yours.

Anka & Ian

So these guys will be in the same intake of cadets, alongside Rico and Nanaba!  We actually have a group thread, based at the end of their first year of training, where the cadets are organised into groups and tasked with navigating the frozen wilderness of the north.  You can peek at it here, and you are very welcome to have Anka join in!  It's only just started, so you haven't missed out on anything. ~

In any case, I would love for Anka and Ian to be friends, and I'm game for threads set in the past as well as more current Garrison-related shenanigans.  Maybe, as cadets, Ian shows an interest in a book Anka is reading?  Or they are paired up in one of their classes?  I don't know whether Anka drinks or not, but they could head to a tavern together as all-grown-up soldiers.  Or heck, maybe Anka goes looking for Commander Pixis one night, suspecting he's on the bottle, only to find an inebriated Ian.

Just throwing out ideas, feel free to build on any that interest you, or to make your own suggestions! <3

Dalton Lightbody | Eld Jinn | Farran Falkenrath | Ian Dietrich
Jarek Valdeze | Laria Rockfield | Marco Bott | Struna Mayberry

« Reply #2 on: January 27, 2018, 07:23:18 PM »
flails back

Anka + Eld
I really like the idea of the two of them as friends. Anka has a few years on him so I can see it as a little brother/big sister relationship - made better by the fact that he towers over her.

While Anka grew up just above poverty - I could see giving some food or coin to Eld when she had some to spare. Or lending him her books. He could bring her little flowers that he picked from the sides of the road! Also maybe he would spend time with her family. Her parents were never really around d/t working - but they were good people.

Anka would have been less than enthused that he picked the Survey Corps. She respects them - but hates seeing those she cares for ya know...die. Eld could be one of the people that can actually make Anka smile. :-)

We could go way back and have them meet as kids. Maybe Anka joining the military was one of the things that gave Eld the idea to do so himself.

Anka + Ian
I also really like the idea of them as friends. People are always trying to get Anka to loosen up so trying to get her drunk might be something that happens.  Maybe when they were younger, Anka got sick drunk and Ian had to rescue her. Now it's only right she looks after drunk Ian on occasion. I like the idea of her looking for drunk Pixis and finding drunk Ian.

I think they would work well together and maybe offer each other a little bit of balance. Ian could be a someone that Anka will actually so more than five words to outside of work!

This is exciting! Glad I decided to grab up Anka!

Anka Rheinberger | Dot Pixis | Arkin Holt | Miriam Gracey | Mina Carolina

« Reply #3 on: January 27, 2018, 07:29:22 PM »
And LOL yes - Anka as the barber would be a headcanon I would be happy to bring over here!

« Reply #4 on: January 27, 2018, 09:30:16 PM »
Gladios and Anka

Gladios is a 6’9” big buff teddy bear that’s moved to the Trost outpost in 846, Perhaps he could have met Anka previously from moving around so much from district to district, or maybe they’ve known eachother for a little bit?

Gladios isn’t great with words, poor guy is dumb as a rock, but he loves nature and animals especially. Maybe he’s on break and sitting in wall Rose territory feeding birds or somehow managing to pet a deer without it running away, and Anka stumbles upon him?

Or maybe they are on wall patrol together as a pair and start asking about one another? Just another sort of casual interaction.

Jean l Armin l Petra
Evan l Annet l Gladios l Ruby

« Reply #5 on: January 27, 2018, 09:55:47 PM »
Gladios and Anka

Gladios seems absolutely lovely!  :D

I think it stands to reason that Anka may have been one of the first people Gladios met when he was given his new assignment. Maybe Pixis was informed that Gladios was a little on the simple side and asked Anka to keep an eye on him for the first few weeks?

Anka likes flowers so she would spend time wandering around nature in her free time lol.

Anka is the paperwork queen of the Garrison so maybe he needs her help filling out his forms?

Gladios is a great character and I look forward to interacting with him!

« Reply #6 on: January 28, 2018, 12:47:11 AM »
*flailing intensifies*

Anka & Eld

Oh goodness, a little brother/big sister dynamic would be perfect!  I fully expect Anka will have her hair mussed by Eld on occasion.  As irritating as it may be, it’s just one of his ways of showing affection!

I absolutely adore the idea of them sharing and swapping books.  Eld’s father is a stern man and I know more than one book will have been tossed into the fire by his hand.  It’s made Eld understandably secretive about reading, so having someone to actually talk to and be open with will be so liberating.  I also love the idea of him picking flowers for her!  I foresee Anka often discovering them wrapped in tissue and pressed between the pages of books he lends her.

Eld has inherited a certain impassiveness from his father but I can see Anka breaking through and winning smiles.  He’ll be moved by her kindness, her willingness to share not only the odd piece of food or coin, but to also share her family with him.  It’d do him the world of good and he’ll never forget her compassion.

Funny, earlier on, just after first posting here the first time round, I had the thought that Eld would likely take inspiration from Anka in signing up to the Training Corps.  Life is hard for the working class and, while the military isn’t exactly the dream, at least it offers something.  It’d be interesting to see them later reunited at the cadet barracks.  Eld will think he’s ever so cool, knowing one of the older girls. 8)

If you’d like, I can start a thread for us, of their first meeting?

Anka & Ian

Sick drunk Anka, oh gosh, that should be a thread!  Perhaps the pair go drinking together, sometime very early on in their military careers, but Anka isn’t able to keep up with Ian?  Which is understandable, as he drinks like a fish.  It can result in him walking/carrying her back to the barracks, fetching her water, feeding her bread, and generally fussing and frowning with concern.  We can see the tables turn years later when Anka happens across an inebriated Ian, who managed to overdo it.  Bless her and her ability to handle the Garrison members and their penchant for drinking!  On another more serious note, I know he’ll deeply admire Anka’s flare for tactics as well as her dedication to the Garrison Regiment. <3

« Reply #7 on: January 28, 2018, 12:59:26 AM »
Then we are settled on Eld and Anka's relationship! It would be lovely if you started the thread. I think Anka was probably taller than Eld when they first met lol.

I have this image of Anka grumbling to herself about why she always has to deal with the drunk ones. lol.

This is brilliant!

« Reply #8 on: January 30, 2018, 12:58:00 AM »
Eeee, Eld starter is up for Anka!

Diamonds in the Rough

Let me know if anything needs tweaked. :)

« Reply #9 on: January 30, 2018, 01:04:33 AM »
It looks great!

"Rise up."

Tags:

* Tagbox

Refresh History

* Credits

Site banner, advert image and affiliate button created by Moon Child

Reluctant Heroes is in no way affiliated with Shingeki no Kyojin, Attack on Titan or Funimation and we give full credit to Hajime Isayama. Copyrights and trademarks for the manga and anime are held by their respective owners while all original content remains the property of the individual writers and artists.