* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Season

Season 2

* Activity

Re: Getting back into RP by Lou
[June 19, 2019, 04:05:35 AM]

Re: Team One: Civilian Evacuation [Gate House] by Farran Falkenrath
[June 16, 2019, 04:13:59 PM]

dressed for a fight. [Virgil] by Quirin Drexler
[June 11, 2019, 09:20:33 PM]

Re: The Welcoming Committee [Erwin & Laria] by Laria Rockfield
[June 10, 2019, 03:52:05 PM]

Re: The Final Furlong [Survival Hike] by Struna Mayberry
[June 09, 2019, 06:10:17 PM]

* Who's Online

• Dot Guests: 9
  • Dot Hidden: 0
  • Dot Users: 0

There aren't any users online.

* Wanted

* Chatbox

Refresh History
  • Quirin Drexler: welcome, Tategama!!
    June 11, 2019, 09:04:17 PM
  • Puffin: Hi Tategama, welcome to the site! :)
    June 10, 2019, 09:35:46 PM
  • Tategama: Hello
    June 10, 2019, 09:33:17 PM
  • Webs: oh man i just saw this but YES for sure XD
    June 09, 2019, 07:58:03 PM
  • Puffin: I have to admit, the sticky floor gave me a giggle! Poor Anka and Gustav. XD
    June 07, 2019, 09:39:28 PM
  • Quiet: So if there was a Yelp in the SNK world....Gustav and Anka would be leaving the tavern a negative review lol.
    June 05, 2019, 01:26:26 AM
  • Nero: Thanks! And hi. :)
    June 03, 2019, 10:39:51 PM
  • Puffin: Oops, I was meant to do that for you, Nero! I'll take care of it now. Welcome to RH, by the way! :)
    June 03, 2019, 10:27:16 PM
  • Virgil Adair: How can I move my application into directory?
    June 03, 2019, 01:33:28 PM
  • Nero: Virgil's kinky like that, sry.
    June 02, 2019, 01:43:58 PM
  • Quiet: *waves*
    June 02, 2019, 12:47:00 AM
  • Lou: *flops in*
    June 02, 2019, 12:16:48 AM
  • Quiet: So not the first time Hugh has woken up with Virgil's hand over his mouth lol.
    June 01, 2019, 09:17:01 PM
  • Quiet: Webs!
    June 01, 2019, 02:21:14 AM
  • Webs: heyyy
    June 01, 2019, 01:53:43 AM
  • Quiet: Hey y'all!
    May 30, 2019, 10:33:45 PM
  • Puffin: I'm in the very same boat, Webs! I think we've all had our hands full recently. We'll get back into the swing of things. <3
    May 27, 2019, 08:53:00 PM
  • Webs: i'm easing back in to everything
    May 04, 2019, 09:11:16 PM
  • Webs: so sorry for the disappearance act, guys <3
    May 04, 2019, 09:11:04 PM
  • Quiet: Webbbsss!!!!
    April 18, 2019, 01:12:24 PM

* Directories

RPG-DRPG Initiative

Author Topic: Character Voices!  (Read 585 times)

Character Voices!
« on: February 04, 2018, 02:16:51 PM »
It recently occurred to me that just because an OC has a particular face claim it doesn't mean they actually sound like that character.  So this is just a bit of fun, to share with everyone your charrie's voice as you hear it, and to share some related headcanons if you so please!  Canons are welcome too, should you fancy showing off their dulcet tones - or maybe you have a preference between their Japanese and English voice actors. ;)

I'mma come back with others in due course but, for now, just to get the thread started, here are my lovely canon boys:

♢  ELD JINN | Related headcanon:  Eld doesn't much like his voice.  To his ears, it sounds nasally, like he's always on the verge of a cold.  He is musically inclined, and as a boy he sang on street corners for coin, but once he joined the Survey Corps his songs are seldom heard.  Eld also has a tendency to speak quietly, born of a childhood spent trying to go unnoticed.  He calls his friends and colleagues by pet names and other terms of endearment.

♢  IAN DIETRICH | Related headcanon:  Smoking has roughened the edges of Ian's voice.  He reads a lot, which shows in his diction, and helps disguise his lowly roots.  Over the years, he has tired to reduce the amount of swear words he drops into conversation, as well as attempted to iron out some of his impoverished Krolva accent.  He uses a lot of colloquialisms, some of which are off and specific to his home district, and isn't afraid to raise his voice.

♢  MARCO BOTT | Related headcanon:  Marco thinks before he speaks, choosing his words carefully, which gives his sentences a measured pace.  His voice will deepen a little more after graduating, levelling out into his adult cadence.  As of the present day, he harbours an undiscovered flare for dirty talk. « Last Edit: February 04, 2018, 02:18:06 PM by Puffin »

Dalton Lightbody | Eld Jinn | Farran Falkenrath | Ian Dietrich
Jarek Valdeze | Laria Rockfield | Marco Bott | Struna Mayberry

Re: Character Voices!
« Reply #1 on: February 04, 2018, 04:10:10 PM »
I love it! Though since I only watch the anime with English subs, I'm going to skip my canons. I love their Japanese voice actors too much.

Axel Falkenrath | (spoilers for The 100 I guess, I haven't watched it, and the clip of him speaking lasts 2 seconds if you want to avoid more)
▶ If he's not being blunt, he either really likes the person he's speaking to or he's ill - mincing words just to be nice isn't the way he rolls. He speaks quietly up until anger grips him, then he'll either be as loud as he wants or dangerously quiet, depending on if the threat is just a threat or if he really would do what he whispers. Give him an objective and he might as well sound mechanical, and every word he says has a point to it, plus he's generally quieter unless trying to take charge.

Mara Sonnenschein | she's so peppy in this show, I can't not link it
▶ She has a lot of emotion in her voice, and most times her words are accompanied with a smile, or else some pretty expressive eyes. If she doesn't sound optimistic or peppy, something's definitely wrong with the situation. When she's worried about something, she apologises more, trails off her sentences, and stammers. She's fairly eloquent, which she puts down to her father's charisma and it rubbing off on her as he has to be persuasive as a merchant, but is also down to her love of stories - anybody's, really.

Axel Falkenrath | Mara Sonnenschein | Ymir | Gustav Volk | Nack Tierce | Quirin Drexler | Gunther Schultz

Tags:

* Tagbox

Refresh History

* Credits

Site banner, advert image and affiliate button created by Moon Child

Reluctant Heroes is in no way affiliated with Shingeki no Kyojin, Attack on Titan or Funimation and we give full credit to Hajime Isayama. Copyrights and trademarks for the manga and anime are held by their respective owners while all original content remains the property of the individual writers and artists.