* Chatbox

Refresh History
  • Achilles: Hello!
    Today at 11:16:37 PM
  • Vixen: Happy Monday to you too! c:
    Today at 11:13:14 PM
  • Quiet: Happy Monday everyone!
    Today at 10:49:49 PM
  • Quiet: We have a Reiner!!! That is wonderful!
    January 26, 2020, 10:15:01 PM
  • HiddenBaroness: Oh no! Sorry you've been sick! I hope your recovery is speedy and don't worry about us, focus on *you*!
    January 25, 2020, 06:36:21 PM
  • Viking Girl: Hey I’m still here. Just got really really sick. I’m and out of the hospital with fever. Finally starting to improve now, so I’ll be finishing my character within the next day or two.
    January 25, 2020, 04:18:50 PM
  • Quiet: Culture shock for sure. I'm...and no shame whatsoever...pretty much a redneck lol. So a big city is pretty WHOAAAA to me lol.
    January 22, 2020, 12:48:28 AM
  • the dear hunter.: i can only IMAGINE!! defs gotta be some culture shock there LOL glad you made it back home safe!
    January 22, 2020, 12:26:06 AM
  • Quiet: Back home now lol. But yes. Fun and done for a while now. NYC...damn those are some tall buildings. Tallest building here is a church because of the steeple.
    January 21, 2020, 02:39:30 AM
  • the dear hunter.: the BIG CITY!!!! hope you're having fun, quiet!
    January 21, 2020, 02:33:52 AM
  • Quiet: NYC is a helluva place lol.
    January 20, 2020, 01:40:35 AM
  • Vixen: That's great! Replied! Though I must say that I have quite a bad feeling about Valeria x_x
    January 19, 2020, 08:38:51 PM
  • Jem: Yes, all MPs welcome :)
    January 19, 2020, 02:56:48 AM
  • Vixen: I suppose the "Of Words and Men" thread is for all MPs, right? I would hate to post where I'm not supposed to. x3
    January 18, 2020, 11:08:10 PM
  • Quiet: cannon not canon lol
    January 18, 2020, 10:13:09 PM
  • Quiet: If/when Mitabi is adopted I have an idea I’d love to talk about with the other canon Garrison members his age.
    January 18, 2020, 10:12:49 PM
  • Webs: Yesss. It's a nice fun thing to think about ^^
    January 18, 2020, 10:11:17 PM
  • Webs: Safe travels, Quiet!!
    January 18, 2020, 10:11:08 PM
  • Vixen: Aw, I'm really glad you do! The others are really great too <3
    January 18, 2020, 10:08:27 PM
  • Quiet: Hey! Using the last bit of WiFi before we get on the train and it gets super spotty lol.
    January 18, 2020, 10:07:36 PM

* Directories

RPG-DRPG Initiative

Author Topic: waters and the wild  (Read 1734 times)

waters and the wild
« on: February 07, 2018, 08:33:56 PM »

STRUNA MAYBERRY
SEVENTEEN | CADET | THE GREAT LAKE
RISK-TAKING | CHEERFUL | SUPERSTITIOUS

‹ FRIENDS ›
At seventeen years of age, Struna is one of the oldest cadets in the 845 intake.  She possesses seemingly endless cheer and is generally a sunny and optimistic girl; some might find this grating, while others may see it as endearing.  A lover of songs and tales, Struna is a talented singer and storyteller.  Having grown up in a remote village, she finds her new situation (and even the dusty, crowded districts themselves) rather overwhelming and could certainly use having a solid group of friends around her.

‹ ENEMIES ›
While Struna isn’t likely to wage war with every bullying or obstinate cadet, she will rise when people she cares about are targeted.

‹ ROMANCE ›
Certainly a possibility, as Struna is capable of experiencing attraction.  As of right now, I don’t imagine gender will be an influencing factor for her.  Other than that, who knows!  I generally prefer for romance to develop organically through threads, but I’m still game for talking potential plots.

‹ THREAD IDEAS ›

• Struna loves making bracelets and necklaces.  It could make for a sweet group activity.
  • This girl is super superstitious.  There are so many quirks and ‘rules’ she lives by that I couldn’t hope to list them all here.  One is that killing spiders is bad luck.  Maybe she tries to rescue an arachnid from some would-be squasher?
  • Taking part in a study group.  Struna isn’t studious and would probably serve more as a distraction than a help.

Re: waters and the wild
« Reply #1 on: February 07, 2018, 08:44:12 PM »
A NEW PLOTTER!

POUNCE!

Any who, I like Struna <3 She seems like a really nice and cool character. It might be fun making bracelets together? I kind of want to do a girl's dorm thread where they're all up late one night and talking/interacting with each other. Either way, Sophia would surely approach Struna if she noticed the older girl feeling uncomfortable. If it was because of the crowds, Sophia would ask if Struna wanted to eat outside of the mess hall away from said crowds.

« Reply #2 on: February 07, 2018, 09:44:04 PM »
Sophia & Struna

HELLO! <3

Ahh, I'm glad you like her! :)  You know, I was just recently thinking how lovely it would be to get a bunch of the girls together.  I think it'd be perfect if they all stayed up late one night, braiding hair, making bracelets, discussing their ambitions, talking about the boys (in general or in terms of crushes, which could be fun) and generally bonding.  Maybe we can get something started with this premise and throw it open to all female cadets?

That is actually so sweet of Sophia, she's so in tune with other people's feelings! *sobs*  I can see Struna coming to count that plucky girl as a true friend and I know she'll be keen to learn sign language.  I'm definitely down for this scenario. ^^

Dalton Lightbody † | Eld Jinn | Farran Falkenrath | Ian Dietrich
Jarek Valdeze | Laria Rockfield | Marco Bott | Struna Mayberry

(avatar art credit)

« Reply #3 on: February 19, 2018, 08:28:27 PM »
Kieran and Struna

He'd find her weird. I love to take that plot idea of her rescuing  a spider that Kieran is going to squash.  He'd be like "it is just a freaking spider what the heck"

Kieran Ashmiller || Mitabi Jarnach || Nanaba || Rosto Volkov

« Reply #4 on: February 19, 2018, 10:16:05 PM »
Kieran & Struna

Haha, I don't blame him, Struna is an odd one! XD  Ooh, I am so down for that!  Honestly, the thought of a person squishing a spider is so abhorrent to her, she will make it her mission to save any and all arachnids that she can!  Any preference on who starts?  I'm thinking it could be set either in one of the workshops, or in the mess hall - some of the giddier cadets can spook and dash away when they realise the spider is there.  Cue Struna trying to catch it, and Kieran's utter confusion. :D

(avatar art credit)

« Reply #5 on: February 19, 2018, 10:58:20 PM »
Oh the mess hall with giddier cadets dashing away from a spider...tons of eyerolling. 

I don't have a preference. If you want me, I can start one in a couple days. If you have the muse to start, I am cool with that as well.

Kieran Ashmiller || Mitabi Jarnach || Nanaba || Rosto Volkov

« Reply #6 on: February 24, 2018, 12:12:59 PM »
Awesome!  I may be able to get a starter up for us today, Lou.  Looking forward to this! <3

(avatar art credit)

« Reply #7 on: November 25, 2019, 03:01:00 AM »
Struna sounds so lovely!  <3

Struna & Mercedes
I think Mercedes would naturally want to gravitate toward an older cadet by default, being sixteen and a little precocious besides. Also, I can see her interest being piqued by a more 'feminine' activity that she's never had a chance to explore for herself growing up, which could lead to some unexpected bonding and vulnerability on 'Cee's part (she's not good with...well, not being good at things, or being seen to not be good at things). The fact that Struna is no stranger to hard work from a young age will be something Mercedes can relate to. 'Cee would likely come to unquestioningly trust Struna's knack for reading the weather, too!

“I’m surrounded by the past and it is demanding something from me.”

~ Anna Akhmatova

« Reply #8 on: November 25, 2019, 07:35:18 PM »
► Struna and Mercedes

Hi Baroness, welcome to Reluctant Heroes! <3 I've been meaning to post in your plotter but you've beaten me to it! There are so many wonderful plots for Mercedes, I'm excited to see what the future has in store for her. :)

I would love to see these two in a thread together, I think they would get along well - I am here for bonding and vulnerability! Honestly, Struna would be thrilled to find a girl she gets along well with (she feels like she sticks out amongst the cadets, that she's too crass, talkative, odd) and I know she would admire Mercedes' wit and ability to take control of situations. Shall we get these two making jewellery together, then? I'd also love to see Mercedes come to trust Struna's weather readings! Perhaps that could come in handy on a hike or something similar in future. ;)

(avatar art credit)

« Reply #9 on: November 25, 2019, 11:03:27 PM »
Thank you again for the warm welcome!

Totally up for starting a thread! Especially considering the things we just discussed, when everything turns out not so rosy for Mercedes I can see her needing to be around someone for whom she doesn't have to be 'switched on' all the time. Maybe Struna is able to intuit, where others can't, that she's upset about something and suggests a crafting activity to help distract/calm her? (Also, though Struna's talkativeness would take some getting used to, 'Cee welcomes anybody who's crass like she is!)

~ Anna Akhmatova

« Reply #10 on: December 15, 2019, 06:18:45 PM »
► Struna and Mercedes

Sorry this has taken such a long time for me to reply to! That sounds like a perfect premise, I imagine Struna is fairly adept at reading people, and I'd love for her to have a knack for reading 'Cee. Shall we set this in the girls' dormitories? Do you have a preference for when this takes place, and for how acquainted these two are by this point?

I'll respond to your other plotter posts soon, sorry again for my slowness! <3

(avatar art credit)

« Reply #11 on: December 15, 2019, 10:49:31 PM »
No need to apologize! Life is hectic enough by itself this time of year! <3

Struna & Mercedes
Yes, girls' dorm seems like the natural setting -- as far as other preferences go, maybe early to mid 846 at the earliest? Things haven't quite gone totally to hell for 'Cee yet (that's looking like post-Utopia so I don't know what plans you have for Struna there), but she's starting to secretly feel uneasy by then (thanks to Ymir!). If we want it to be post-Utopia we can DM about that but I really don't mind! I imagine by this point they're fairly well-acquainted but not CLOSE close. Once we decide on a vague start date, if it makes life easier for you I don't mind being the one to start the thread, but if you'd rather, that's cool too! « Last Edit: December 15, 2019, 10:50:24 PM by Mercedes Carello »

~ Anna Akhmatova

« Reply #12 on: December 17, 2019, 03:33:02 PM »
► Struna and Mercedes

Wonderful, girls' dorm it is, and mid-846 certainly works for me. ^^  Struna will bravely maybe even foolishly sign up to the Survey Corps post-Utopia, though during her training she primarily has the Garrison in her sights.  We could do post-Utopia if you'd prefer, in the days/weeks before the cadets pack up and move on to their chosen regiments?  Whatever we decide (and if it's easier to take this to Discord, we can certainly do that!) I'd be very grateful if you started it off. I'm the slowest poke.  Thank you again for being so patient. <3

(avatar art credit)

Tags:

* Tagbox

Refresh History

* Credits

Site banner, advert image and affiliate button created by Moon Child

Reluctant Heroes is in no way affiliated with Shingeki no Kyojin, Attack on Titan or Funimation and we give full credit to Hajime Isayama. Copyrights and trademarks for the manga and anime are held by their respective owners while all original content remains the property of the individual writers and artists.

We are grateful to former staff member Artsy for her creative input.