* Who's Online

• Dot Guests: 77
  • Dot Hidden: 0
  • Dot Users: 1
  • Dot Users Online:

* Wanted

* Chatbox

Refresh History
  • Lou: It is treating me well enough. I can't complain with the lovely WA weather
    June 30, 2020, 05:01:04 AM
  • Quiet: Howdy y'all. Hope summer is treating everyone as kindly as it can. :-)
    June 29, 2020, 03:17:05 PM
  • Nanaba: One post down wooo
    June 26, 2020, 10:37:42 PM
  • Nanaba: <3
    June 26, 2020, 10:37:35 PM
  • Puffin: Great job, Lou!!  Always love a Nanaba post. <3
    June 25, 2020, 10:01:00 AM
  • Nanaba: I will put it first on my list
    June 20, 2020, 08:27:15 PM
  • Nanaba: working on Utopia posts. If anyone has a Nanaba request, please let me know
    June 20, 2020, 08:26:52 PM
  • Nanaba: *falls in*
    June 20, 2020, 08:24:07 PM
  • Puffin: Phew, I'm glad you were able to get it back, Sora! :)
    June 18, 2020, 07:15:12 PM
  • Sora: lucky me :D
    June 18, 2020, 01:22:54 PM
  • Sora: Managed to recover it
    June 18, 2020, 01:22:50 PM
  • Sora: Damn...I can't believe this. I just lost my whole post for Mina *sniff*
    June 18, 2020, 01:19:29 PM
  • fleetingthoughts: Aaah thank you so much for your compliments :D I'm so glad you enjoyed her haha! That's perfect! I'll certainly be joining as soon as possible!
    June 16, 2020, 12:42:45 PM
  • Puffin: Hi there fleetingthoughts! I've been meaning to drop you a message, I really enjoyed Paula's app and her artwork is beautiful. :) I definitely recommend joining the Discord server, if it's something that appeals to you. There are quite a few plotting channels, etc. there that can help with getting some threads started.
    June 16, 2020, 12:03:42 PM
  • fleetingthoughts: Hello! I hope I'm not being too nosy if I ask this, but do you guys usually discuss more on your discord server? Because I am willing to get more involved into this website and I don't really know how to (except for commenting on plotters lol), so I thought I could join your discord server as well if that's alright with you all :)
    June 16, 2020, 11:23:04 AM
  • Puffin: Breakfast and coffee is always a great place to start! :) I'm not too bad thanks, having some trouble with work but I'm muddling through. How have things been with you?
    June 13, 2020, 08:33:34 PM
  • Nanaba: How are you?
    June 13, 2020, 06:12:55 PM
  • Nanaba: It is going.  took me awhile to get going, but now that I had breakfast and coffee, I am ready to tackle rp things
    June 13, 2020, 06:12:50 PM
  • Puffin: Hey Lou! How's it going? :D
    June 13, 2020, 05:16:55 PM
  • Nanaba: hey hey everyone
    June 13, 2020, 04:31:38 PM

* Directories

RPG-DRPG Initiative

Author Topic: More Trouble Than It's Worth  (Read 1675 times)

More Trouble Than It's Worth
« on: February 13, 2018, 05:50:20 PM »
Kieran Ashmiller

15 || Cold || Former Thief || Quinta District 

Kieran is a former thief from Quinta and was associated with an organized crime ring of sorts (there is totally a better way to explain it). Not only did he steal from people on the streets, but he broke into homes, and even assisted Rosto (his shady boss man) with forging some letters. Kieran barely escaped Quinta, no thanks to Rosto, and was brought to Trost by the Survey Corps. Anyways, he was conscripted to the military and overall is a grumpy, pessimistic loner who just wants to get through his training.   

He is more than likely going to join the Garrison.

I hope to develop him so that 847 Kieran has a slightly different outlook than 845 Kieran. He is going to be facing a difficult decision when Rosto comes back into his life.

Friends

Kieran doesn't have friends and he wants to keep it that way. He is cold, distant and rude for a reason. If you do crack open his hard exterior, he'd still not admit to having friends.

Enemies

Kieran is good at this.  He calls it as he sees it, regardless if it hurts feelings or not, so I imagine he has told a few cadets that they were stupid, weak, annoying, etc. He tends to butt heads with authority, so he finds himself in trouble quite often.

Romance

Considering that Kieran tends to puff up and lash out anytime he is shown affection, I think romance will be hard to come by, not to mention he isn't really making the effort to be on friendly terms with his fellow cadets. He is uncomfortable with people being close to people, so it would be quite the undertaking to form any kind of romantic relationship. 

Thread ideas

-Busting Kieran for trying to sneak out at night
-Butting heads with him
-Kieran gets hurts and has to be carried back to the training grounds...so much embarrassment.
-Catch him reading and try to connect over that
-Witness his sad attempt to ride a horse - he hates those stinkin animals.
-More to come later. « Last Edit: February 14, 2018, 01:25:35 AM by Kieran Ashmiller »

Re: More Trouble Than It's Worth
« Reply #1 on: March 15, 2018, 01:09:29 PM »
Kieran & Farran

So I just had to see if there was a way for us to plot my new Garrison boi with some of your lovely characters and I think I have some ideas, Lou. <3  If I remember rightly, Kieran is (mostly) set to join the Garrison and will likely be taking a place on Squad Ian, right?  Seeing him steal from a former thief is going to be so fun.  Buuut there is always the internship the cadets have in final year, maybe Kieran gets placed with Farran?  It'll be interesting to see how they interact, as I don't imagine Farran would tolerate outright rudeness, but Kieran has an interest in mechanics and Farran is an engineer...

Annie Leonhardt | Dalton Lightbody † | Eld Jinn | Farran Falkenrath | Ian Dietrich
Jarek Valdeze | Laria Rockfield | Marco Bott | Struna Mayberry

(avatar art credit)

« Reply #2 on: March 15, 2018, 05:13:25 PM »
Yus I love this idea.  Maybe he is placed with Farran because the instructors noticed that engineering and mechanics is  one of the classes he does not cause trouble  and is doing well in. They hope that Farran can help steer Kieran in the right direction. 

They send a heads up notice, you are getting a project child. Good luck.   Xp

There might be some attitude in the beginning but I am sure Farran can capture his interest and tone down the 'tude. « Last Edit: March 15, 2018, 05:22:02 PM by Lou »

Kieran Ashmiller || Mitabi Jarnach || Nanaba || Rosto Volkov

« Reply #3 on: March 15, 2018, 07:04:36 PM »
Kieran & Farran

Ahh, yay, I’m so glad you’re down for this Lou! :D  It makes sense Kieran would be assigned to Farran if engineering and mechanics seems to be his strongest subject.  I hope Farran can have a positive impact on him too, he’ll be braced and ready for the challenge. <3  Any preference on who starts?

Annie Leonhardt | Dalton Lightbody † | Eld Jinn | Farran Falkenrath | Ian Dietrich

(avatar art credit)

« Reply #4 on: March 15, 2018, 08:38:24 PM »
No preference as usual. :P I have no problem putting it on my to do list if you prefer. If you want to tackle it I am cool with that as well.

I know I am helpful :p

« Reply #5 on: March 15, 2018, 10:02:15 PM »
Haha, I'll put it on my list too and we'll see who gets there first - that's worked for us before! :D <3

(avatar art credit)

« Reply #6 on: March 15, 2018, 10:13:39 PM »
Sounds good to me

« Reply #7 on: December 17, 2019, 10:04:01 PM »
So I hear we will have Mercedes joining Kieran under Farran's wing for the internship! Yay! Thank you for agreeing to it! Thought I should pay Kieran's plotter a visit!

Mercedes & Kieran
OH BOY. This will be fun. They already seem to be on the same end of the scale as far as authority figures go, with the difference that Mercedes will at least play the game for a little while if it benefits her before she will disregard it completely -- maybe this could be something she tries to impart (successfully or not) during the internship? I also see him as the type to call her out on her bullshit and be annoyed by her charisma; she'll probably easily put up with his gruffness but at some point there may be an altercation. They're also similar in not wanting to show weakness, not wanting to be vulnerable, etc, so we may be able to play with that at some point. I'd like to think that after a rough start they may be able to work well together! She can either cart him back after he hurts himself, help him with horseriding, or encourage his reading without being patronizing! « Last Edit: December 27, 2019, 09:11:18 PM by Mercedes Carello »

“I’m surrounded by the past and it is demanding something from me.”
~ Anna Akhmatova

Tags:

* Tagbox

Refresh History

* Credits

Site banner, advert image and affiliate button created by Moon Child

Reluctant Heroes is in no way affiliated with Shingeki no Kyojin, Attack on Titan or Funimation and we give full credit to Hajime Isayama. Copyrights and trademarks for the manga and anime are held by their respective owners while all original content remains the property of the individual writers and artists.

We are grateful to former staff member Artsy for her creative input.