* Who's Online

• Dot Guests: 237
  • Dot Hidden: 0
  • Dot Users: 3
  • Dot Users Online:

* Wanted

* Chatbox

Refresh History
  • Badtz-Milk: I'd love to do the RH casting call for my own characters, but I just don't know actors... LOL
    February 24, 2020, 06:55:07 AM
  • Lemon: I need to check on here a bit more often. Oops. Late but, hehe, a little eyecandy never hurt. ;D Hve a great day everyone!
    February 24, 2020, 06:23:24 AM
  • Quiet: Aww thank you so much!
    February 24, 2020, 12:15:42 AM
  • Puffin: I hope everyone is having a great Sunday. And I loved the Rico post, Quiet! <3
    February 23, 2020, 10:09:12 PM
  • Puffin: A little bit of sugar to sweeten the weekend. ;)
    February 23, 2020, 10:06:59 PM
  • HiddenBaroness: Lemon and Puffin coming in with the eyecandy this morning on the RH casting call!
    February 23, 2020, 04:00:08 PM
  • Quiet: Yay weekend!
    February 22, 2020, 02:02:39 AM
  • HiddenBaroness: It's the weekend! Yay!
    February 22, 2020, 12:34:57 AM
  • HiddenBaroness: Aw yes it is his birthday today isn't it? Bless him.
    February 20, 2020, 05:02:16 PM
  • Quiet: Happy Birthday Mitabi!!
    February 20, 2020, 02:35:50 PM
  • HiddenBaroness: (Sent from the wrong account but you get the idea)
    February 18, 2020, 01:39:34 AM
  • Siegfried Justica: *distant chanting* Garrison, Garrison, Garrison
    February 18, 2020, 01:39:05 AM
  • Quiet: Yay! Another Garrison member! Looking forward to seeing him in play!
    February 18, 2020, 12:08:48 AM
  • Webs: Sorry for the delay, Vixen!
    February 17, 2020, 11:39:27 PM
  • Vixen: Just gonna quickly drop here a quick reminder that Santiago is ready for review c: (didn't feel like bumping his app, as I've already done that in the past)
    February 17, 2020, 02:36:48 PM
  • Webs: hoping to get some more replies done asap <3
    February 15, 2020, 09:39:39 PM
  • Webs: XD it happens!
    February 15, 2020, 09:39:33 PM
  • Vixen: Finally figured out how to remove the "WIP" from Santiago's app. I feel so accomplished x)
    February 15, 2020, 09:16:10 PM
  • HiddenBaroness: Happy Valentine's Day! Love y'all! <3
    February 14, 2020, 11:42:17 PM
  • Quiet: Same to you! And to everyone! <3 <3 <3 <3 <3
    February 14, 2020, 06:16:25 PM

* Directories

RPG-DRPG Initiative

Author Topic: Character Growth  (Read 928 times)

Character Growth
« on: February 14, 2018, 06:12:11 PM »
So since this is what Character Development is all about, let's kick off the shiny new board with this topic! :)

Basically, any questions we might have related to character growth can go here, and everybody can answer here with any/all their characters they like. To kick it off, I simply have to ask:

In the past three years, how has your character grown?
Essentially: Since Wall Maria fell, what has changed in your character? Do they have any new beliefs? Have they softened or hardened in personality? Do they have any new fears, or worries? Has anything major happened to them, like a change in their career path, or the loss of somebody close (this can be covered in the Development Through Death topic more so). « Last Edit: February 14, 2018, 06:17:03 PM by Draco »

Axel | Claude | Damien | ErenGustav | Gunther | Kade | Mara | Nack | Quirin | Ymir

Re: Character Growth
« Reply #1 on: February 14, 2018, 06:37:40 PM »
Unfortunately I haven't been AROUND a ton to play Krista, but even what little I have, and what's been plotted, she's changed quite a bit. Krista's main change is in letting herself be cared about. It seems weird, the girl wanting to die a martyr is afraid to be loved. Now she has Ymir, and Marco. People who care about and love her, in different ways, but slowly, she's opening herself up to letting people care about her, and that's a big change.

Re: Character Growth
« Reply #2 on: February 28, 2018, 12:32:12 AM »
Going from the point of Wall Maria falling, Axel realised that he wanted to do more than just defend people, he wanted to fight to give the refugees/evacuees a shot at taking their home back, and he was a lot angrier and clashed with more people because, being 12, he was still figuring out what his real beliefs were, and he hadn't had many people to connect with outside of adults - mostly, adults in the military, and workers. As his time as a cadet developed that first year, he met people he knew he wanted the company of, as well as people he didn't want to end up as.

Second year, definitely still impulsive with his fists, and more strict on rules because order = safety for him. While his first year was dedicated to finding his feet, his second year was about being the absolute best he could be, which put him more at odds with people he felt didn't take things seriously (most of his arguments and fights with people would have been over this, probably). His training outside of classes reached all new heights, skipping meals for it because hey, others had to skip meals out there, and it'd help him if he was stranded.

So we come to the third year. He's matured slightly, being less willing to throw himself into a fight without considering anything before it, and he's settled to a 'type' of person he likes - those who make him feel better about himself in some way (but not pity), and those he knows are brave enough to fight on and save themselves. While he's tried out taking on a leadership position with teams, he's also still quite comfortable having guidance, and he's found role models that he wants to live up to.

Summary: Axel started out as a punchy little snotbag knowing he was fighting for something but not considering just what. He's still impulsive but he knows when to hold back, and he's found some proper purpose and sure of what he's going to walk into, while finally connecting with people whereas before he'd only try to impress adults who seemed 'strong' to him (although there's still a connection there).

Axel | Claude | Damien | ErenGustav | Gunther | Kade | Mara | Nack | Quirin | Ymir

Tags:

* Tagbox

Refresh History

* Credits

Site banner, advert image and affiliate button created by Moon Child

Reluctant Heroes is in no way affiliated with Shingeki no Kyojin, Attack on Titan or Funimation and we give full credit to Hajime Isayama. Copyrights and trademarks for the manga and anime are held by their respective owners while all original content remains the property of the individual writers and artists.

We are grateful to former staff member Artsy for her creative input.