* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Season

Season 2

* Activity

Re: Doctor and Im-Patient. [Struna] by Struna Mayberry
[September 15, 2019, 07:31:08 PM]

Re: The Welcoming Committee [Erwin & Laria] by Laria Rockfield
[September 15, 2019, 09:33:11 AM]

Re: Pigtails Needs Pals! (Mina's Plotter) by Marco Bott
[September 14, 2019, 10:31:17 PM]

young love, late night (Eld's fiancée) by Eld Jinn
[September 14, 2019, 10:07:54 PM]

* Who's Online

• Dot Guests: 12
  • Dot Hidden: 0
  • Dot Users: 0

There aren't any users online.

* Wanted

* Chatbox

Refresh History
  • Puffin: I hope everyone is having a lovely weekend! <3
    August 25, 2019, 10:52:44 AM
  • Webs: it should all be mostly fixed now :)
    August 09, 2019, 05:05:42 PM
  • Webs: sorry this is late, been scrolling down the site to deal with the spam issue more than checking the chatbox
    August 09, 2019, 04:59:08 PM
  • Webs: Quiet!!
    August 09, 2019, 04:58:55 PM
  • Quiet: I'm alive! Hoping to post this weekend!
    August 08, 2019, 01:05:15 PM
  • Puffin: I really must post soon! Sorry for the glacial pace, guys. ^^'
    August 05, 2019, 03:09:35 PM
  • Webs: We're still alive :)
    July 28, 2019, 11:50:21 PM
  • Webs: minaaaa
    July 03, 2019, 07:08:39 PM
  • Serenity Kinslea: Getting caught up on threads as wwell!
    June 29, 2019, 06:28:56 PM
  • Serenity Kinslea: Hey guys!
    June 29, 2019, 06:28:19 PM
  • Quiet: Just wanted to let everyone know I'll be getting caught up on threads when my husband and I get back home. Look for posts Sunday and Monday. :-)
    June 28, 2019, 10:47:06 PM
  • Nanaba: Welcome tategama
    June 22, 2019, 12:09:11 AM
  • Quirin Drexler: welcome, Tategama!!
    June 11, 2019, 09:04:17 PM
  • Puffin: Hi Tategama, welcome to the site! :)
    June 10, 2019, 09:35:46 PM
  • Tategama: Hello
    June 10, 2019, 09:33:17 PM
  • Webs: oh man i just saw this but YES for sure XD
    June 09, 2019, 07:58:03 PM
  • Puffin: I have to admit, the sticky floor gave me a giggle! Poor Anka and Gustav. XD
    June 07, 2019, 09:39:28 PM
  • Quiet: So if there was a Yelp in the SNK world....Gustav and Anka would be leaving the tavern a negative review lol.
    June 05, 2019, 01:26:26 AM
  • Nero: Thanks! And hi. :)
    June 03, 2019, 10:39:51 PM
  • Puffin: Oops, I was meant to do that for you, Nero! I'll take care of it now. Welcome to RH, by the way! :)
    June 03, 2019, 10:27:16 PM

* Directories

RPG-DRPG Initiative

Author Topic: The art of kneading. [Krista]  (Read 274 times)

The art of kneading. [Krista]
« on: December 18, 2018, 04:35:00 PM »
[ february 846 ]

Kitchen duty was one of his favoured chores, of a sort, to do. Axel felt at peace when in the kitchen, more so when he worked with people he could get along with. Had he more time outside of his additional training, he wouldn't be opposed to swapping duties with his fellow cadets to work in the kitchen more.

Wiping the counters - though they seemed clean already - to ensure he had a good workspace, he checked on the supplies while he awaited whoever he would be working with that lunchtime. Bread was a must, though it looked like they were a little low on flour. That would be troublesome, but he could get on with it. At the bakery, his father had been able to bake any manner of things with shorts on supplies.

The thought made him wobble, and he clutched the counter for support. His father would be proud of him now, even thinking of how the man had managed to get through shortages. Even prouder to know that he was still using the skills they'd shared together. Axel took a deep breath as he heard the door open, and turned to see who he'd be working with.

Without introductions, he spoke. "It looks like we're limited with the flour supply today, so we're going to need to split everything fairly. Smaller portions, but everybody gets something. Sound good?"

Re: The art of kneading. [Krista]
« Reply #1 on: December 18, 2018, 04:52:10 PM »
Krista started the day out actually in a genuinely good mood. She woke up and got her schedule, and saw she would be on kitchen duty. Maybe it was silly that such a small thing made her happy, but she knew she was good at cooking, unlike combat or survival it was something she had alot of experience in and she wouldn't have to fret about doing it wrong.

Walking into the kitchen she wasted no time getting to work, just like her companion, clearing off a counter space, pulling out a small stool (gods curse her diminuitive stature), and got to work pulling out what she would need when her companion spoke up about the flour shortage for bread.

"Uh if we have the time I can try and fix that, I know how to make flour from scratch if you think it would help?" she offered sheepishly still not looking up from her work as she spoke, but at least offering the alternative.

Re: The art of kneading. [Krista]
« Reply #2 on: December 18, 2018, 09:13:44 PM »
Axel blinked at her, surprised by the offer. "So do I, but we don't have any grain," he said, "I don't think we even have any nuts either, though my father always said not to use that unless it was requested." He searched through the pantry, still impressed that the other had brought it up. To know how to do that was, in his experience, rare. But perhaps that was because, in part, people expected him to do it anyway.

"Nothing, not unless we want half of the corps to go hungry while we scrounge things up," the boy muttered, glancing out of the window to work out how long they had. Perhaps possible with more hands, but it could be a challenge.

He took a breath. "It's fine, we can ration out supplies and supplement the lack of bread with... uh." Did he have time to go outside and see if he could find any herbs or... no. That would waste time, and as far as he knew - and cared - he was the quickest baker in the corps. "Whatever we can find. It's fine. Let's get the bread going."

* Tagbox

Refresh History

* Credits

Site banner, advert image and affiliate button created by Moon Child

Reluctant Heroes is in no way affiliated with Shingeki no Kyojin, Attack on Titan or Funimation and we give full credit to Hajime Isayama. Copyrights and trademarks for the manga and anime are held by their respective owners while all original content remains the property of the individual writers and artists.