* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Season

Season 2

* Activity

Re: Forget-me-not. [Mara] by Mara Sonnenschein
[November 18, 2018, 10:50:54 PM]

Re: [Harvest Feast] Off-duty. by Miriam Gracey
[November 17, 2018, 07:54:09 PM]

Re: Fighting fancies. [Nack] by Axel Falkenrath
[November 16, 2018, 09:31:23 PM]

Re: Soap suds. [Erwin] by Erwin Smith
[November 15, 2018, 01:58:39 AM]

Re: No maker made me. [solo] by Quirin Drexler
[November 14, 2018, 10:14:45 PM]

* Who's Online

• Dot Guests: 108
  • Dot Hidden: 0
  • Dot Users: 1
  • Dot Users Online:

* Wanted

* Chatbox

Refresh History
  • Webs: I'm struggling with my cold/sinus infection so gonna focus on doing short replies for a little while and then get back into the longer posts :)
    November 18, 2018, 09:54:36 PM
  • Webs: <3
    November 18, 2018, 09:54:08 PM
  • Quiet: Hope everyone had a nice Saturday and are heading in to a great Sunday. :-)
    November 18, 2018, 02:47:15 AM
  • Auruo Bossard: YES happy wed for sure
    November 15, 2018, 03:24:47 AM
  • Quiet: Happy Wednesday y'all!
    November 15, 2018, 02:59:22 AM
  • Webs: Sleep well!
    November 13, 2018, 04:47:45 PM
  • Beatrix Drexler: Take care :) It is already midnight here, so Im gonna log out soon as well
    November 13, 2018, 03:17:23 PM
  • Webs: heading out but i'll be back online later ^^
    November 13, 2018, 03:15:22 PM
  • Webs: I'm so looking forward to seeing what you do with her! Can't wait to plot with you :)
    November 13, 2018, 12:28:13 PM
  • Auruo Bossard: I am excite for Beatrix
    November 13, 2018, 05:49:35 AM
  • Sandara: I will also post an introduction once her app is done. I cant wait to plot with everyone!
    November 13, 2018, 03:59:46 AM
  • Sandara: Webs, yep, a Beatrix <3 I hope I will be able to do her justice
    November 13, 2018, 03:59:13 AM
  • Lou: All good here. Enjoying my extended weekend
    November 12, 2018, 11:26:47 PM
  • Webs: hope all are well
    November 12, 2018, 05:10:58 PM
  • Webs: Beatrix <3
    November 12, 2018, 05:10:54 PM
  • Quiet: A day late lol.
    November 12, 2018, 03:36:46 PM
  • Quiet: Happy Veterans Day to anyone who celebrates. :-)
    November 12, 2018, 03:36:22 PM
  • Quiet: No worries. Fun to creep...I mean read.
    November 12, 2018, 03:36:04 PM
  • Ymir: Forgive the Yista spam >.>  our rare treasure <3
    November 12, 2018, 03:24:53 AM
  • Webs: all okay on this front!
    November 12, 2018, 02:55:26 AM

* Directories

RPG-DRPG Initiative

Author Topic: Forget-me-not. [Mara]  (Read 1593 times)

Re: Forget-me-not. [Mara]
« Reply #15 on: October 31, 2018, 06:18:42 PM »
Mara gave him a bewildered look. What was the point of flowers? She knew he had his heart set on being a soldier, but she hadn't realised just how... out of nature he was. Were most cadets like that? She hoped not. There were plenty who came from the territories rather than a district, and she expected those from districts weren't quite as in tune with nature as she felt she was.

"There's no such thing as a magic cure-all," she answered. "There are pendants and amulets and mixtures, but nothing cures everything." If only. She had plenty of charms that helped her, but you couldn't just mash them together and then they all worked perfectly. "They're perfect because... well, they symbolise a lot of things. But especially remembrance. Like... remembering times that are good."

Namely, times when things weren't all infected with terror. Even if he was injured.

"They can help to stop bleeding as well, people say," she added, and eyed his wound. Something needed to be done about that. "But I think they're too pretty to pick. I know what to do." With her slightly bloodied jacket, she dropped to a knee and covered the wound with one side, wrapping around, and then used the sleeves to tie it. "That'll do. It might slip a little, but I think I have it wrapped high enough to keep over."

« Reply #16 on: November 06, 2018, 01:17:11 AM »
Axel's cheeks darkened at Mara's answer. He hadn't wanted it to sound like a serious question. That sort of thing was magic, impossible. But it appeared that she believed in more than he did. It took some effort to conceal his disbelief that she'd even think about 'pendants and amulets and mixtures'. The symbolism, however, got him.

He stared at her, eyebrow cocked, and scoffed, "You believe in that rubbish?"

At least it had some medical usage. As she declared them too 'pretty' to pick, despite their usefulness, he had another outburst. "This is ridiculous. They could help stop bleeding, yet you won't use them because they look nice? Mara... come on." Watching as she tied her jacket around his leg, he shook his head. "You can't just wave off something that could help because of how it looks. If you want to help people, who cares about flowers? They'll grow back. My limbs won't."

« Reply #17 on: November 18, 2018, 10:50:54 PM »
His words stung, but Mara kept herself steady. "Just because you believe it's rubbish doesn't mean it is," she murmured. That was where she wanted to end it, to avoid any argument that he might take too far.

"Well... Yes, but..." He had her there. "It's too late now, anyway. I'm sorry." She sniffed. "We'll get you back now, and they can bandage it properly." Maybe she should get into the habit of carrying something to use as a bandage, in case. Not just because she might cause injuries, but to ensure she was always ready to help.

Mara dipped beneath his arm so she could anchor him, taking on his weight. "Okay. It won't take too long to get back. Walk with me." She began to walk, slowly, step by step, to make sure he wouldn't stumble.

Tags: axel mara 846 

* Tagbox

Refresh History

* Credits

Site banner, advert image and affiliate button created by Moon Child

Reluctant Heroes is in no way affiliated with Shingeki no Kyojin, Attack on Titan or Funimation and we give full credit to Hajime Isayama. Copyrights and trademarks for the manga and anime are held by their respective owners while all original content remains the property of the individual writers and artists.