• Dot Users Online:

* Wanted

* Chatbox

Refresh History
  • Mercedes Carello: Enjoy your break, Quiet! <3
    December 12, 2019, 01:45:19 AM
  • Webs: <3
    December 12, 2019, 01:12:32 AM
  • Quiet: Go ahead and move any characters involved in the Utopia event as needed! Happy Holidays and Happy New Year!
    December 11, 2019, 11:39:41 PM
  • Quiet: Just wanted to let everyone know I'm taking a hiatus until mid/late January. I'm going to keep working on Ruth's bio and PM notifications go to my email so if anyone wants to say hi while I'm gone - please do!
    December 11, 2019, 11:04:12 PM
  • Lou: Hello Everyone!
    December 11, 2019, 09:37:06 PM
  • Puffin: You can do it, Badtz! Have some more luck from me. <3
    December 10, 2019, 03:42:07 PM
  • Badtz-Milk: ah i need it! All the luck please <#
    December 10, 2019, 05:17:40 AM
  • Webs: good luck with them all!!
    December 09, 2019, 07:31:07 PM
  • Malcolm Watanabe: i'm like halfway through my finals
    December 09, 2019, 06:43:09 PM
  • Webs: hope you got it done easily enough ^^
    December 08, 2019, 07:14:16 PM
  • Quiet: It's a small kitchen at least lol.
    December 08, 2019, 02:57:50 PM
  • Webs: best of luck!!
    December 08, 2019, 02:28:37 PM
  • Webs: yessss
    December 08, 2019, 02:28:31 PM
  • Quiet: Welp...I need to clean my kitchen and then the rest of the day is going to be working on Ruth's bio and getting through some replies!
    December 08, 2019, 02:24:08 PM
  • Webs: discord down again, guess it's time to get through these plotter replies!
    December 08, 2019, 02:19:45 PM
  • Webs: I love it!!
    December 08, 2019, 12:58:13 AM
  • Webs: omg
    December 08, 2019, 12:58:08 AM
  • Quiet: Gunther and Tabby are Mando and Baby Yoda lol.
    December 07, 2019, 10:00:35 PM
  • Quiet: Happy Birthday Rico!!
    December 07, 2019, 09:36:19 PM
  • Webs: kind of reeling XD
    December 07, 2019, 02:38:54 AM

* Directories

RPG-DRPG Initiative

Author Topic: some turn to diamonds while others turn to rust  (Read 1316 times)

some turn to diamonds while others turn to rust
« on: March 15, 2018, 02:05:47 AM »

FARRAN FALKENRATH
THIRTY-FOUR | GARRISON REGIMENT | SHIGANSHINA DISTRICT
LOGICAL | DUTIFUL | STUBBORN

‹ FRIENDS ›
There was a time, in his youth and earlier career, when Farran was something of a wild one, the sort to hit the tavern first and be the very last to leave.  Life was big and beautiful and he was afraid to miss a single moment; ‘no’ simply didn’t exist in his vocabulary.  This phase fizzled out by his mid-twenties, a little while after his first heartbreak, and in the present he drinks in a brooding, measured sort of way.  Anyone who has known him any decent length of time will likely have witnessed this change occurring over a number of years.  As a person, Farran is thoughtful, meticulous, dutiful and unyielding, and he harbours both a fascination and flare for engineering and mechanics.  He likely has a fairly wide circle of acquaintances, featuring other soldiers and civilians alike, as well as a smaller group of close confidantes.

‹ ENEMIES ›
His own dreadful misfortune.  Really though, Farran is too old (if not in years, then in spirit) to bear petty grudges.  There will be people he simply doesn’t like, or can’t gel with, and he will avoid their company as much as possible.  He despises those who shirk their responsibilities, or refuse to help themselves, but he isn’t the type to start fights.

‹ ROMANCE ›
Farran is very much family-orientated and he likes the ladies, even if he isn’t the luckiest when it comes to matters of the heart.  In Year 844, he marries a seamstress named Lana, and their son, Fritz, is born in the autumn of Year 845.  I’d be open to possible romances set before this marriage or, you know, after.  Because Farran and his picture-perfect family live in Utopia, where he is stationed.  After this devastation, he is a broken man, and it will take quite some time for him to open his heart again.  I would like him to find love again.

« Last Edit: October 15, 2019, 11:33:17 AM by Farran Falkenrath »

Re: some turn to diamonds while others turn to rust
« Reply #1 on: March 15, 2018, 02:13:47 AM »
I can offer Anka and Pixis. They would at least know each other a little bit I think.

I think he and Anka would at least get along if not be actual friends. Both are hard workers and dedicated to the Garrison.

Pixis knows all. Pixis sees all. He would at least know a little bit about Farran and has enough life experience he could find something to chat with about to him.  He is also always willing to listen to others ideas no matter their station.

I'm open to almost anything!

Anka Rheinberger | Dot Pixis | Arkin Holt | Miriam Gracey | Mina Carolina | Hugh Fraser | Rico Brzenska

« Reply #2 on: March 15, 2018, 03:37:46 AM »
Ahh, thank you for offering up your lovelies, QuietCelt! <3

Naturally, I would love to have threads with both Anka and Pixis, please and thank you. :)

I agree, Anka and Farran should get along rather well!  They are both dedicated, hard-working soldiers.  I know my fellow is stationed in Utopia but, given Anka's role, perhaps he is required to bring her some sort of paperwork from the units in the north?

Omnipresent Pixis for the win! :D

Farran is very much into engineering and design, so it's possible he will surface from time to time to request that Pixis authorise the release of more materials, to be assigned to his workshop.  It could form the premise of a thread, which might lead to an interesting conversation - I have no doubt the Commander has a good eye for faces and knows a little something about everyone!  Farran is from a military family, most of whom seem to have chosen to serve in the Garrison, so the name Falkenrath may ring some bells.

Dalton Lightbody | Eld Jinn | Farran Falkenrath | Ian Dietrich
Jarek Valdeze | Laria Rockfield | Marco Bott | Struna Mayberry

« Reply #3 on: March 15, 2018, 03:43:36 AM »
I think that all works.

Anka likes anyone who turns in their paperwork on time!

That makes sense. Pixis is old enough to have been a youngin with maybe a few of Farran's older relatives. The name sounding familiar could for sure work.

Also, Pixis lost his first wife and a child many years ago. If I understood the bio correctly, it seems like that is something that happened/will happen to Farran. So that is something that could come up eventually.

Anka Rheinberger | Dot Pixis | Arkin Holt | Miriam Gracey | Mina Carolina | Hugh Fraser | Rico Brzenska

« Reply #4 on: March 15, 2018, 01:04:43 PM »
Aww, yay! <3  I imagine Farran would make every effort to be fastidious and to submit paperwork promptly.  He might even apologise for the state of some of the soldiers' handwriting - though I bet Anka is talented at deciphering scrawl!  Any preference on who kicks off this thread, or when it should be set?

Ooh yes, Pixis is bound to have trained with a Falkenrath or two, or had them in his wider circle at some point!  Plus at least two Falkenrath Garrison soldiers die in Shiganshina, their death notices will be kicking about somewhere. 

Oh.  Oh my.  Quiet, that would be such a heartbreaking interaction and I would love to see it happen!  And you know, it would be immensely therapeutic for Farran to have someone to talk to - especially someone he admires (I doubt there is much support for bereft soldiers).  Right now, the plan is for Farran to lose his wife and child during the Assault on Utopia.  Being a good soldier boy, he won't get drawn into looking for his family in the chaos, instead he will be following his orders and hopefully working to open the inner gate (I'm going to check that Draco and Senia are cool with this).  His wife's body will eventually be retrieved and identified but his son is little more than a toddler, so I think he will simply disappear, his fate unknown. 

Once the Utopia event wraps up, I would be super keen to start this.  Pixis knows the bitter sting of loss and he has managed to survive it, his words will carry a lot of weight. <3

« Reply #5 on: March 15, 2018, 02:14:10 PM »
Anka can read most people's writing. There could always be someone that she is like, "Are they new? This is a new chicken scratch." Farran may have to help her translate. And be ordered to order his underling to use their nice handwriting from now on lol.

Yeah. Pixis knows what it's like to have the people dearest to him and he knows what its like to move on and live your life again. It's a process but the dead are the dead and life is for the living. Love is not a finite thing.

If you want to start the Anka/Farran thread when you have the time, that would be great. Maybe just before Utopia might be a good idea. Pixis can wander into the office like, "Young Falkenrath! Nice to see you!" And get to chatting about families and such.

« Reply #6 on: March 15, 2018, 07:14:36 PM »
That is too perfect, Farran will be sure to pass along the message. XD

Ahh, dear Pixis is a wise man, and I’m sure Farran will find solace in his advice when the time comes!

Of course, I’d be happy to start us off!  I’ll get something up as soon as I can, I’m looking forward to it. <3

« Reply #7 on: November 25, 2019, 04:54:02 PM »
My attention perked up at the sight of 'engineering and mechanics'! I can offer Mercedes and by association, the rest of her family.

Although she's not there yet, I can see Mercedes and Farran getting along well. Two of her uncles and her grandfather were in the Garrison prior to their untimely and suspicious demise, so it's possible the uncles were in a graduating class or two above Farran. Likewise, with the engineering/mechanics interest and with Farran's grandfather being a blacksmith, it's possible he would have come into contact with 'Cee's grandmother, Julia, at some point. All in all, I can see the families having known one another in some way despite Julia and Mercedes living currently in Krolva (the uncles and grandfather probably would have done at least a tour or two at Shiganshina). The fact that they've both experienced tragedy is a bonus. Mercedes herself would likely gravitate toward, well, his gravitas and how seriously he takes his job.

“I’m surrounded by the past and it is demanding something from me.”

~ Anna Akhmatova

« Reply #8 on: November 25, 2019, 08:21:56 PM »
► Farran and Mercedes

I live for these kinds of connections!

Yes, yes, yes to links between Farran and the Carello clan! It would be fantastic if he knew one or both of Mercedes' uncles, from their training days and/or through military service. Even if they aren't close, I'm sure they would have recognised one another to see at the very least. And Julia. Yes. I'm going to be dreadfully vague here, but there's a chance that, in future, Farran's life will be at risk and he'll have some artillery blueprints that he needs to hide. Depending on his relationship with Julia, and how much trust there is between them, perhaps he commits these documents into her care? That's a pretty heavy plot I realise, and still far enough away that a lot can change between now and then, but it seems like a possibility I should mention.

I wonder if there's a way to bring these two together. There's an internship event, with cadets working for two weeks with their preferred regiment. Farran is already mentoring Kieran, but I could check with Lou if she would be happy for Mercedes to join them as well? Assuming Mercedes would be interning with the Garrison, of course? Or perhaps it would be simpler if he was a guest lecturer for the Mechanics and Engineering class? Or even a past thread, if he is working with Julia in some way? Sorry, these are very scattered suggestions!

A total aside, but the art you had commissioned for Mercedes is beautiful, I love the style! :D

« Reply #9 on: November 25, 2019, 11:21:30 PM »
Me too!

We've discussed a bit of this, but depending on what kind of person Farran tends to remember, he'd likely remember 'Cee's uncle Valentin, the eldest Carello brother, for his general all-round exemplary attitude and performance, or Alejandro, the third Carello brother, for his mischief (and I headcanon he told some pretty good jokes that are still in use today, even if people can't remember where they came from). Alejandro would have been a class or two above, while Valentin maybe two or three. As far as utilizing Julia later, go for it! I'm all for being involved in heavy plot points.

'Cee would definitely intern at the Garrison since it fits her current plan. Depending on what Quiet thinks, I imagined she'd end up with Rico but Farran is another possibility. We can figure it out! A guest lecture is a good fall-back, as well as the other plotty stuff we talked about earlier today.  ;)

(And thank you RE the art -- Dana Rune is quite the talent. 'Cee's hair isn't obviously curly here, which is the only part I miss, but you get the right impression from the pose/expression!)

“I’m surrounded by the past and it is demanding something from me.”

~ Anna Akhmatova

Tags:

* Tagbox

Refresh History

* Credits

Site banner, advert image and affiliate button created by Moon Child

Reluctant Heroes is in no way affiliated with Shingeki no Kyojin, Attack on Titan or Funimation and we give full credit to Hajime Isayama. Copyrights and trademarks for the manga and anime are held by their respective owners while all original content remains the property of the individual writers and artists.

We are grateful to former staff member Artsy for her creative input.