* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Season

Season 2

* Activity

Re: The Welcoming Committee [Erwin & Laria] by Erwin Smith
[Today at 02:48:29 AM]

Re: Soap suds. [Erwin] by Axel Falkenrath
[Today at 01:51:58 AM]

Re: Muscle memory. [Emery] by Axel Falkenrath
[Today at 01:29:38 AM]

Re: Where There's a Whisk, There's a Way by Marco Bott
[August 17, 2018, 02:06:42 PM]

Re: Buckle up! [ELD] by Eld Jinn
[August 16, 2018, 02:40:53 PM]

* Who's Online

• Dot Guests: 42
  • Dot Hidden: 0
  • Dot Users: 0

There aren't any users online.

* Wanted

* Chatbox

Refresh History
  • Rosto: Teehee
    Today at 03:02:08 AM
  • Guardsman93: Spots a Lou and a Wings
    Today at 02:51:53 AM
  • Erwin Smith: Spots a Puffin in the background
    Today at 12:20:15 AM
  • Lou: Happy Saturday all
    August 18, 2018, 08:48:51 PM
  • Puffin: Hoping to get more posts out today... I dream a dream of being caught up. XD
    August 16, 2018, 10:07:23 AM
  • Puffin: :D <3
    August 16, 2018, 10:06:54 AM
  • Rosto: OOOO Ian post <3
    August 15, 2018, 11:35:39 PM
  • Puffin: Ahh, that's class Quiet! It's such a help with visualising. :D
    August 13, 2018, 10:35:37 AM
  • Lou: Oh that is neat
    August 10, 2018, 05:13:42 PM
  • Quiet: Just a cool site for height comparisons.
    August 10, 2018, 03:53:04 AM
  • Quiet: [link]
    August 10, 2018, 03:52:45 AM
  • Quiet: Cool beans! No stress and no worries!
    August 09, 2018, 02:24:11 AM
  • Lou: Oh man I am going to try to reply to the housing thread tonight. I just will be short and slow in typing
    August 08, 2018, 06:05:52 PM
  • Puffin: How have you been keeping?
    August 08, 2018, 07:01:11 AM
  • Puffin: Aww, thanks Quiet, you too! :D
    August 08, 2018, 07:01:04 AM
  • Quiet: Happy Minday ya'll! Hope everyone has a great week ahead!
    August 06, 2018, 10:05:07 PM
  • Puffin: I hope everyone is having a great weekend! <3
    August 05, 2018, 06:38:31 PM
  • Lou: Lol yes me too
    August 05, 2018, 02:29:45 AM
  • Quiet: Also looking forward to teenage Anka dropping teenage Mitabi on his head lol.
    August 05, 2018, 12:56:15 AM
  • Quiet: Looking forward to hearing Rosto's voice! I'm sure it will be great. :-)
    August 05, 2018, 12:51:08 AM

* Our Server

* Directories

RPG-DRPG Initiative

Author Topic: Whatever it Takes (Arkin)  (Read 761 times)

Whatever it Takes (Arkin)
« on: March 16, 2018, 01:26:02 PM »
The young man waited by himself for the arrival of his companion. His hazel eyes were narrowed as he drank, and his movements were sharper than usual. If one looked at him closely, they might realize he was angry. Anger could be a dangerous thing, where Luke was involved. Especially since he rarely got angry. But tonight he was angry, very much so. The Survey Corps could be just as cutthroat as the rest of the military when they wanted to be.

The other person's words from earlier were still spinning through his head. Creep. Sick Bastard. If you really think that way, maybe you should go die for humanity, just like you want. The negative words had been full of hate, and they had made Luke truly angry for the first time in a long time. At least if he had one thing to look foward to, it was drinks with Arkin. The older man was a lot like him, actually, and he appreaciated having somebody who knew what it was like to be in his shoes to talk to when he needed it.  And he certainly needed it today.

There was already a light pink flush to his cheeks, evidence that the two drinks he had already had were starting to take effect. Well into his third, he wondered what Arkin would say when he saw him like this.

Re: Whatever it Takes (Arkin)
« Reply #1 on: March 16, 2018, 02:39:49 PM »
Arkin hurried through the darkened streets. He was running a little bit late. Commander Pixis himself had cornered him as he was coming out of the mess hall and had wanted to have a lengthy conversation about cannons. Normally, Arkin would be thrilled to talk about cannons. But he had promised to meet Luke for drinks and to bring him a bag of remedies for the next Survey Corps mission. Just some pain numbing salves and such - nothing fancy. But things that would be helpful nonetheless.

After Pixis let him go, Arkin had hurried back to his quarters and gathered up what he had promised. He threw some coin in his pocket and made his way out the barracks.
The tavern was crowded and it took him a moment to spot Luke. He smiled as he made his way through the crowd towards the younger man.  He stepped in front of Luke and Arkin’s smiled faded slightly.

“What’s wrong?” Arkin asked as he sat down. He could tell by the flush across Luke’s cheeks that he had a drink or two already. That was odd.
“Luke? What’s wrong?” Arkin repeated - looking intently at his young friend.

"But even yet I have so many miles to go."

« Reply #2 on: March 16, 2018, 03:00:50 PM »
The man looked up when Arkin arrived, sighing as he did so. "The Survery Corps are full of jerks, that's all. I had a run in with one who seems to think I'm only worth something to the corps if I go die for the others on the next expidition." His hazel eyes held anger there, and a slight sadness at how the soldier he had encountered thought. "I wish I could change their way of thinking... honestly, just because I would die if it helped humanity doesn't mean I'm in a rush to do it," he muttered, "I just know that if I can do anything to save humanity, I'll do it without hesitation."

Luke took another gulp of his drink, his ponytail swishing behind him. He didn't elaborate furthur, knowing that telling the full story might drive him to get himself well and truly drunk, which was not his intent. Drinking a little more than usual, yes, but he certainly didn't feel like getting drunk tonight. After all, he was here to spend time with Arkin, not drown his sorrows in the drink.

« Reply #3 on: March 18, 2018, 05:56:55 PM »
Arkin blinked a few times as he digested what Luke was saying. “Well...you can’t do anything when you’re dead. So you can do more for humanity when you’re alive.”

He settled down next to Luke and continued, “I think people just want their deaths to mean something. Nobody wants to die for nothing. So they just get fixated on dying for something great.”

Arkin turned to the barkeep and ordered an Ale. He was not much of a drinker - but one would be fine. Just one. While his drink was being prepared, he took a moment to rummage in the cloth bag he brought. Yes, there was a headache remedy in there. Luke would probably need that in the morning,

“Try not to pay any attention to them,” Arkin said as he took a sip of his drink. “I’m scared to die. I’ll do it if I have to. But I can do more alive. Same goes for you.”

« Reply #4 on: March 18, 2018, 06:40:03 PM »
"Honestly Arkin, you're too nice for your own good." Murmured Luke, giving his friend a gentle, if still slightly troubled smile. "I'm not afraid to die, Arkin. But that doesn't mean it's something I want to do. At any rate, let's talk about something more positive, ne? How have you been? What have you been up to?" he asked, hoping that Arkin would drop the subject. As sweet as Arkin was to care, he didn't feel comfortable talking about it.

A few gulps later, his third drink had been finished off, though he didn't order another just yet. Instead, he ordered water, knowing just drinking everything straight up would be bad for him in the morning.  "You're a good friend, you know that? I'm more scared of you dying than me dying, because you're probably the best friend I have." At that, the slightly tipsy man leaned over and gave Arkin a kiss on the cheek, not entirely in his own mind. He was affectionate enough while sober, but being drunk amplified that quite a fair bit. He took another sip of his water, looking at the other man the whole time. « Last Edit: March 18, 2018, 06:42:14 PM by Luke Cis »

« Reply #5 on: April 08, 2018, 10:51:18 PM »
Arkin looked at the younger man for a moment. He knew Luke well enough to he was upset. But he knew not the press at the moment. “I’m well. We’ve been doing a lot of Night Watches. So I’m all thrown off time wise. Other than that - same things I always do. Man the cannons. Fix the cannons. Fill out forms about the cannons.” He shrugged and took a sip of his drink.

The older man smiled when Luke kissed his cheek, “Well I’m not planning on dying. And cannons is one of the safer assignments. I’ll always do everything I can to live. And so will you.” He gave Luke as stern a look as he could muster before smiling again. Luke was like his little brother. “You are absolutely one of the best things in my life and I am always so happy when you ride back through the gates.” He meant that. He was always so worried when the Survey Corps rode out and if he was able, he was always there to greet them and look for the ones he knew. Arkin always felt like a weight was off his shoulders when he saw Luke ride in.

“Have you eaten yet? You should eat,” Arkin said.  Booze on an empty stomach was not a great idea. And Arkin was getting a little hungry again.

« Reply #6 on: April 17, 2018, 02:39:18 AM »
"I'm afraid I have not eaten yet, no." He said, getting quiet for a minute when Arkin mentioned his relief when he rose through the Gates, and the implied tension that Arkin must have felt. "You know Arkin, sometimes I wonder if i wouldn't be better of in a safer branch of the military. I clearly worry you, and my family worries as well. Plus, I kindof wanted kids one day... I've been doubting whether or not I'm suited to the Survey Corps." This confession out of the way, Luke blushed a bit as he sipped on his water. He couldn't quite meet Arkin's eyes after that last statement. Wanting kids? It seemed like something most people would laugh at coming from a 24 year old soldier.  His fingers nervously tapped the table, not sure what to say to break his silence.

"I guess I should tell you though. Any kids of mine would have to be adopted... because I'm gay?" This confession was heavier than the last, almost making him wish he had ordered that new drink after all. He was mortified, blurting such a thing out while tipsy like this, but he couldn't control it this time. It had just... slipped out. It was terrifying, in a way. What would Arkin think?

« Reply #7 on: May 16, 2018, 01:47:25 AM »
Arkin listened. If he was being totally honest, he would love it if Luke and also Nanaba were not members of the Survey Corps. Nothing would make him happier than knowing his friends were safe. Still, he understood that soldiers needed to go where they felt their duty was.

“I don’t know if I agree with that. You joined the Corps for a reason. I know you so I know it’s a valid reason. Don't worry about it tonight. ”

He finished his drink and tossed some coins on the bar - enough to cover both of them. “For the record. I think you’d be a great father. But it’s not a umm...choice you have to make right now.” Arkin often found himself thinking about having a family of his own. He was in an alright position to do so. Still...he would have to find someone. Romance for Arkin was difficult, to say the least.

Arkin blinked at Luke’s announcement. He was silent for a moment before saying very gravely, “Hello gay. I’m Arkin.” Then he smiled and put an arm around Luke. Arkin himself was attracted to both men and women. In a very limited capacity.  There had been three people in his life that Arkin had ever experienced any romantic attraction to. That was many years ago and nothing had come of any of it.

"It's alright. It's part of who you are. It's you. Did you think I'd be upset?"

Keeping his arm around Luke he moved to guide them out of the tavern - intent on finding some decent food. “I want a meat pie. Let’s go find some.”

« Reply #8 on: June 05, 2018, 01:49:59 AM »
"Ah, I'm so glad you're okay with it, Arkin. I wouldn't want my best friend to hate me because I like men." Confessed Luke, feeling a weight lifted off his chest knowing Arkin accepted him. He was glad, the tipsy man grinning like an idiot as Arkin put his arm around him. He loved his friend, truly he did, for being so supportive and sweet towards him. Being steered out of the tavern, finally having told Arkin about his own sexuality, he felt a lot better.

He hadn't quite forgotten what had happened earlier, but this feeling certainly eased to pain to a large degree. "Thank you for everything, really." He murmured, looking up at the taller man gratefully. He really didn't know what he'd do if he didn't have Arkin in his life. "But i agree, we should go find ourselves some good food before we starve." He added with a light laugh. Truly, he was a lot happier now thanks to Arkin.

« Reply #9 on: July 13, 2018, 10:58:06 PM »
The air was chilly as they walked into the night. The stars were out and Arkin could pick out a few constellations. He was feeling just a little buzzed from his drink and his mood was lifted. There was an older couple that sold the best (and biggest) meat pies in the district. He and Luke could easily split one. And get some tea. Meat pie and tea and his best friend. That was Arkin’s kind of night.

“Did you really think I’d have a problem with you being gay?” Arkin asked as they walked. “I mean...I like men and women so that would be hypocritical of me I think.” It dawned on him that he had never told Luke that. And even then...like was not the best word. Arkin had only felt romantic attraction to three people in his entire life. Ian, Anka, and Gustav. And that was all many years ago.

“Here we are,” Arkin announced happily as they reached the stall. The older man was at the counter tonight and smiled at Arkin, “The usual?” he asked. Arkin nodded and handed the man a few coins. The man told them that it would be a few minutes and to have a seat on one of the benches and he would bring everything out to them.

“I think it was like this the night we met,” Arkin said as he took a seat on a bench. “Clear like this,” he added, gesturing to the sky.

« Reply #10 on: August 07, 2018, 04:29:11 AM »
"I don't know, Arkin. I think I was just scared, and fear made me irrational. I don't like to lose people I care about..." Luke confessed as they walked, his voice quiet. "But wait, you like men and women? I guess I wasn't the only one keeping a secret, huh? How about that." Luke said, pondering this for several seconds. It made sense, so he decided not to dwell on it furthur.

Luke was tipsy, so he stumbled occasionally as they eventually came to the stand. He had never been there before, but it was pretty obvious to him that Arkin had.  When they were directed to one of the benches, he sat facing Arkin. "Is that So? I cant quite recall at the moment." He said, looking up when his friend gestured to the sky. "It sure is beautiful, though."

Tags:

* Tagbox

Refresh History

* Credits

Site banner, advert image and affiliate button created by Moon Child

Reluctant Heroes is in no way affiliated with Shingeki no Kyojin, Attack on Titan or Funimation and we give full credit to Hajime Isayama. Copyrights and trademarks for the manga and anime are held by their respective owners while all original content remains the property of the individual writers and artists.