* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Season

Season 2

* Activity

Re: Canon List by Draco
[May 25, 2018, 04:33:40 PM]

Re: OOC Sign Up by Draco
[May 25, 2018, 04:32:28 PM]

Re: Canon List by EyesOfTheHeavens
[May 25, 2018, 10:28:15 AM]

Re: OOC Sign Up by EyesOfTheHeavens
[May 25, 2018, 10:24:37 AM]

Re: Team One: Civilian Evacuation [Gate House] by Hilda Meissner
[May 25, 2018, 01:46:22 AM]

* Who's Online

• Dot Guests: 23
  • Dot Hidden: 0
  • Dot Users: 1
  • Dot Users Online:

* Wanted

* Chatbox

Refresh History
  • Lou: Oh hi there!
    May 25, 2018, 06:13:06 PM
  • Draco: Sorry for the delay! Busy day. Feel free to ask any and as many questions as you like :)
    May 25, 2018, 04:34:17 PM
  • EyesOfTheHeavens: this is confusing to me hehe
    May 25, 2018, 10:19:55 AM
  • EyesOfTheHeavens: ah hello
    May 25, 2018, 10:19:48 AM
  • Draco: Welcome, EyesOfTheHeavens!
    May 25, 2018, 10:11:26 AM
  • QuietCelt: That is wonderful! Congrats!!
    May 24, 2018, 12:10:35 PM
  • Lou: wooo
    May 24, 2018, 04:16:18 AM
  • Lou: I got the customer service job!
    May 24, 2018, 04:16:13 AM
  • QuietCelt: Hey Draco!!
    May 23, 2018, 07:27:19 PM
  • Draco: also hi XD
    May 23, 2018, 07:06:55 PM
  • Draco: Domhnall <3
    May 23, 2018, 07:06:50 PM
  • Lou: True true.
    May 23, 2018, 06:25:45 PM
  • QuietCelt: I think with how hard you have worked the last few months that is perfectly ok. :-)
    May 23, 2018, 01:05:12 AM
  • Lou: I am ok. Been lazy the last few days
    May 23, 2018, 12:36:13 AM
  • QuietCelt: Can't complain. How  are you?
    May 22, 2018, 11:50:53 PM
  • Lou: *flops in*  How goes it everyone?
    May 22, 2018, 08:56:52 PM
  • Nanaba: yes he is
    May 21, 2018, 07:31:13 PM
  • QuietCelt: He's a cutie lol
    May 21, 2018, 03:50:19 PM
  • Puffin: Oh my, live action Arkin. <3
    May 21, 2018, 09:11:19 AM
  • QuietCelt: :) :)
    May 21, 2018, 12:36:30 AM

* Our Server

* Directories

RPG-DRPG Initiative

Author Topic: Sullied Snow (Ian)  (Read 159 times)

Sullied Snow (Ian)
« on: March 18, 2018, 08:15:52 PM »
Winter, 831ish

“We know what your mother does!” Arkin just had time to raise his eyebrows in a question before one of the other cadets, a tall boy with hair the color of a dull coin, sucker punched him in the mouth. The metal taste of blood filled his mouth and Arkin was knocked back a few steps - though he managed to stay on his feet despite the ground being slick with ice and slush.

Arkin had been outside, simply walking from the girls barracks back to the boys in the fading light of dusk. Anka had asked for his help with some issues she and a few of the other girls were having. It was a simple remedy and he had passed it to her through one of the windows. He had been crunching his way back through the snow when the two boys had cornered him.

“We know what she does,” the boy said again.

He knew what the boy was talking about. It was a well-known secret what his mother and grandmother would do for girls and women who needed a certain kind of help. Most people who knew were fairly neutral on it. Some were very much in agreement it was a needed service. And some were very very opposed. Some violently it seemed.

Arkin opened his mouth to say something in return but the other boy, shorter with a stockier build, grabbed him and twisted his arms behind his back. Arkin could not help but grunt in pain as he felt his muscles pull unnaturally. Before he could make any other noise, the taller boy socked him in the stomach. Arkin felt the air rush out of his lungs and the bile rise up his throat - blood dribbling from his mouth.

Unable to get words out, Arkin braced himself for the next punch while struggling as best he could against the grip of the boy holding his arms.

"But even yet I have so many miles to go."

Re: Sullied Snow (Ian)
« Reply #1 on: March 24, 2018, 08:58:19 PM »
Despite it being bitterly cold, Ian chose to step out from the dormitory, to breathe deep the frigid air and to stalk the grounds-turned-tundra.  Even now, after some months of training, he found it difficult to settle in the barracks or to stay in one spot for any great length of time.  Legs stretched, he was about to return to the warmth of his bunk when a voice drifted to his ear, snagging his attention.  Rounding a corner, he saw a fight had erupted - except it was less of a fight and more of an ambush.

We know what she does.

Ian knew too, if rumours were to be believed.  Arkin, a shy boy with a gentle smile and kind eyes, was the son of an apothecary - one able and willing to stop the swell in a woman’s belly.  It was a divisive subject, perhaps, but one Ian held close to his heart.  It was no lucky chance that he had remained an only child all these years.

The angular cadet from Krolva didn’t need much of an excuse to brawl; he was in an almost perpetual state of being braced to break jaws.  Giving no warning, he charged at the three boys, churning up snow as he focused down the one who now drew back his fist, preparing to strike Arkin again.  Ian slammed into him bodily, knuckles connecting with the assailant’s cheekbone.  The cadet staggered, slipped and fell onto the icy ground.  Seizing on the window of opportunity, without a moment’s hesitation, Ian lifted his brought his boot down - hard - into the prone boy’s gut.  Judging by the sharp, ragged, breathless gasp, the air had been kicked clean of his lungs.

“You’re next, you cowardly fuck…!” Ian snarled, his expression fierce as he turned.  Adrenaline spiked his blood, his heart beating solidly in his bony chest.  It made him feel alive, righteous, unstoppable.  True to the verbally-abusive assessment of his character, the boy who held Arkin in place gave a yelp of surprise and fear.  Releasing the apothecary’s son, he forcefully shoved his newly freed captive in Ian’s direction.  Grey eyes widened and, although he could not say for sure whether Arkin would lose his footing or not, he opened his arms, his fists unfurling, ready to catch the bleeding blond.

Re: Sullied Snow (Ian)
« Reply #2 on: May 16, 2018, 06:08:17 PM »
Arkin cried out when Ian slammed into the boy who was about to strike him. Shock and gratitude coursed through him even as the shorter boy shoved him towards Ian. As he was pushed Arkin lost his footing and stumbled into Ian. Several inches shorter than the other cadet, Arkin slammed into his chest, feet sliding on the icy ground.

Thankfully Ian was able to steady him and Arkin struggled to stand semi-upright.  A smear of blood streaked Ian’s coat as Arkin stood. His stomach and jaw hurt but he was in much better shape than he would be had Ian not come to his aid.

He knew Ian from hanging around Nanaba and Anka. He knew the boy had a reputation, but he trusted what Anka and Nanaba said above that. If they liked him then Arkin was so inclined as well.

Coughing, Arkin took an unsteady step back and raised his eyes to Ian's. He forced smile and said, "I think I had them right where I wanted..." The tone of his voice indicated a weak attempt at a joke and after he tried to take a deep breath, Arkin doubled over in a fit of coughing.

"I think maybe back to the barracks is a good idea." He coughed again and spit out blood.

"Thank you." Arkin reached out and took Ian's hand, looking at his knuckles, "I think we could both do with some bandages. I can handle that."

He offered Ian another smile and forced himself to stand straighter, even though it hurt. "It's cold." He looked up at the sky for a moment. "Thank you again."

"But even yet I have so many miles to go."

Tags:

* Tagbox

Refresh History

* Credits

Site banner, advert image and affiliate button created by Moon Child

Reluctant Heroes is in no way affiliated with Shingeki no Kyojin, Attack on Titan or Funimation and we give full credit to Hajime Isayama. Copyrights and trademarks for the manga and anime are held by their respective owners while all original content remains the property of the individual writers and artists.