* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Season

Season 2

* Activity

Re: Forget-me-not. [Mara] by Mara Sonnenschein
[November 18, 2018, 10:50:54 PM]

Re: [Harvest Feast] Off-duty. by Miriam Gracey
[November 17, 2018, 07:54:09 PM]

Re: Fighting fancies. [Nack] by Axel Falkenrath
[November 16, 2018, 09:31:23 PM]

Re: Soap suds. [Erwin] by Erwin Smith
[November 15, 2018, 01:58:39 AM]

Re: No maker made me. [solo] by Quirin Drexler
[November 14, 2018, 10:14:45 PM]

* Who's Online

• Dot Guests: 109
  • Dot Hidden: 0
  • Dot Users: 1
  • Dot Users Online:

* Wanted

* Chatbox

Refresh History
  • Webs: I'm struggling with my cold/sinus infection so gonna focus on doing short replies for a little while and then get back into the longer posts :)
    November 18, 2018, 09:54:36 PM
  • Webs: <3
    November 18, 2018, 09:54:08 PM
  • Quiet: Hope everyone had a nice Saturday and are heading in to a great Sunday. :-)
    November 18, 2018, 02:47:15 AM
  • Auruo Bossard: YES happy wed for sure
    November 15, 2018, 03:24:47 AM
  • Quiet: Happy Wednesday y'all!
    November 15, 2018, 02:59:22 AM
  • Webs: Sleep well!
    November 13, 2018, 04:47:45 PM
  • Beatrix Drexler: Take care :) It is already midnight here, so Im gonna log out soon as well
    November 13, 2018, 03:17:23 PM
  • Webs: heading out but i'll be back online later ^^
    November 13, 2018, 03:15:22 PM
  • Webs: I'm so looking forward to seeing what you do with her! Can't wait to plot with you :)
    November 13, 2018, 12:28:13 PM
  • Auruo Bossard: I am excite for Beatrix
    November 13, 2018, 05:49:35 AM
  • Sandara: I will also post an introduction once her app is done. I cant wait to plot with everyone!
    November 13, 2018, 03:59:46 AM
  • Sandara: Webs, yep, a Beatrix <3 I hope I will be able to do her justice
    November 13, 2018, 03:59:13 AM
  • Lou: All good here. Enjoying my extended weekend
    November 12, 2018, 11:26:47 PM
  • Webs: hope all are well
    November 12, 2018, 05:10:58 PM
  • Webs: Beatrix <3
    November 12, 2018, 05:10:54 PM
  • Quiet: A day late lol.
    November 12, 2018, 03:36:46 PM
  • Quiet: Happy Veterans Day to anyone who celebrates. :-)
    November 12, 2018, 03:36:22 PM
  • Quiet: No worries. Fun to creep...I mean read.
    November 12, 2018, 03:36:04 PM
  • Ymir: Forgive the Yista spam >.>  our rare treasure <3
    November 12, 2018, 03:24:53 AM
  • Webs: all okay on this front!
    November 12, 2018, 02:55:26 AM

* Directories

RPG-DRPG Initiative

Author Topic: Rainbow Lies(Arkin)  (Read 819 times)

Rainbow Lies(Arkin)
« on: March 19, 2018, 12:21:39 AM »
One year before Nanaba starts training. Age 11/12.

"If you didn't drink all of our coin.." in a moment of boldness, Nanaba dared to tell her father the truth and immediately regretted her words. Alan  - his face red with anger, narrowed his glossy, drunken eyes, and flared his nostrils - lifted his hand across his body and before Nanaba could react, he backhanded her across the jaw. The loud smack of his hand against her flesh and bone reverberated off the walls of their small, meager home.

"You ungrateful brat." he snarled as he stumbled from the momentum of his blow, his legs doing a clumsy dance as if they were disconnected from his body. The force caused Nanaba to fall away from Alan, her hands stretched out to attempt to break her fall, which they did, but only to scrap against the glass from the bottle that her father had dropped moments earlier as he tripped over his own two feet walking over to her.

Alan had lost his job and blamed Nanaba for losing all of their coin...if only she had kept her mouth shut, her punishment would not have been so bad.

Wincing, Nanaba's brows furrowed together in pain. The metallic taste of blood filled her mouth and her jaw throbbed. Oh her right-hand stung so bad. Using her left hand as support, Nanaba lifted her right hand from the soupy mix of ale and glass. It had landed on a large, jagged piece of glass, which resulted in a cut that spread across her palm, the ale had seeped into the cut. 

"Imma teach you a lesson" he growled taking a step so that he hovered over Nanaba, his hand reaching out towards her. She knew what was next and in a moment of panic, she scrambled to her feet, ignoring the pain in her hand and face. "Where'da think..."Alan's words were cut off as he stepped into the ale puddle and slipped. Seizing upon the opportunity, she ran out of the house like a  deer fleeing from the wolve's den.  Her father roars could be heard even as she turned down the street.

She'd get it later.

If only she would have kept her mouth shut.

Running down the street, she rounded one corner and then another and another. Not a clue where she was going, she just ran. Tears fell from her cheeks like a great rainstorm, blurring her vision as she weaved through the people, their yells going unnoticed. A stream of red rolled down from the cut on her lip as well as her right hand, a purple, throbbing bruise already forming on the left side of her jaw.

Soon her legs grew tired and weak and her heart felt as if it would leap from her chest. Nanaba slowed, wheezing she frantically tried to find her breath before collapsing against a wall and sliding down to the ground. Wrapping her arms around her legs, she rested her forehead against her knees. Tears still falling, the pain in her jaw and hand worsening as her adrenaline started to fade away.

« Last Edit: March 19, 2018, 12:32:40 AM by Nanaba »

Re: Rainbow Lies(Arkin)
« Reply #1 on: March 19, 2018, 02:04:40 AM »
Arkin saw the girl out the side window of the shop. He was just glancing out the window when he saw a girl come around a corner and then slide down the wall. From her body posture, the way she seemed to curl into herself, Arkin was fairly sure there was something wrong.  The shop was actually closed for the evening and he was alone.  His parents were both out on visits - dropping off medicine to the homebound and his grandparents were probably asleep by now.

He watched the girl for a few moments longer before he decided to go and see if she was alright. Throwing his coat on, he walked out the shop's side door and crossed the street to reach the girl. It was windy and his hair blew wild this way and that.

Arkin approached her slowly, unsure if she noticed him. As he got closer, he noticed she looked to be a few years younger than himself. She was...frail was not the right word. He could tell she was crying though. And it was awfully chilly be to be running around without a coat.

Taking a few steps closer, Arkin knelt down next to her, “Hey there. Are you okay? Do you need help?”

Slowly, Arkin extended his hand towards the girl. “My name is Arkin. Are you hurt? Can I see your face?" He slipped out of his coat and offered it to the girl, "It's pretty cold out. Can you tell me your name?" He gave the girl a smile, "I won't hurt you. I swear." « Last Edit: March 19, 2018, 02:08:02 AM by Arkin Holt »

"But even yet I have so many miles to go."

« Reply #2 on: August 02, 2018, 05:42:51 AM »
Against the stone wall, Nanaba sat, unnoticed and all alone, her knees curled and her forehead resting against them. The wind bit at her through the thin cloth that draped over her lean frame, but she hardly took notice. It was not often that Nanaba reacted in the way she did. Usually, she could quiet the beast within the man, or at least soften his wrath. 

Not today.

Today she made it worse and surely she'd feel it when she scrounged up the courage to return home.   

In drowning in her woes, Nanaba hardly noticed the stranger whose feet did not walk on by but instead stopped in front of her - lingering there. She tried to ignore the stranger as her father would not want unnecessary attention drawn to them. He hated bleeding hearts and an adult coming to his door with a hurt, upset child. Oh no. That couldn't happen. 

Though peeking with one eye over the arm at that had been wrapped around her knees, she peeked at up at the stranger when he knelt down next to her. The stranger was no adult, but rather a boy. A little older than her, but certainly someone who wasn't there to drag her back home.

"Do you need help?"

Shaking her head, Nanaba tried to brush the stranger off. Wave him away. If he was not an adult, there was nothing he could do.

Though it would not be that easy.

“My name is Arkin. Are you hurt? Can I see your face?"

Arkin. It sounded like a lovely name. 

Hurt?

She supposed she was hurt. Though why did the boy care? He could be inside all warm and comfortable, but yet, he was here. Lifting her blue eyes so that she could see the boy in front her better, she studied him for a few moments. There was something about him.  His smile. It was filled with warmth. Something that she rarely saw in people who surrounded her, which were not many.  Warmth and sincerity. Honesty. 

One. Two. Three moments passed before Nanaba reached out with her good hand for the jacket that had been offered to her.  It was indeed chilly, and the jacket looked warmer than anything she owned. It was so welcoming. Carefully, she slipped it on and let out a deep sigh at the welcomed warmth. For a moment - for this boy - she let her guard down. "Nanaba" she replied with a weak smile, which held for a moment before faltering when she was given a painful reminder of the bruise that had blossomed on the left side of her jaw.

Wincing quietly, she looked down at the jacket to hide pain and embarrassment. "Thank you. I won't run off with it, I swear."

« Last Edit: August 02, 2018, 05:48:13 AM by Nanaba »

« Reply #3 on: October 16, 2018, 02:01:15 AM »
"Nanaba"

"That's a very pretty name."

"Thank you. I won't run off with it, I swear."

Arkin watched with relief as the took and put on his jacket. It was just too cold out to not have some sort of coat. “That’s better. Run off with it? Never would I have thought that. It’s cold out. Too cold. Snow soon I think. Gram says it will be a bad winter.”

When the girl looked at him, Arkin took a moment to take in her face. It was not unlike his - fair skin with blue eyes and pale hair. But that is where the similarities ended. Where his cheeks were rather plump and ruddy, hers were thin and one side of her face sported an angry red mark that Arkin was sure would turn into a bruise. Arkin’s parents had spanked on occasion but had never left a mark. His lips pursed into a line as he settled down next to her, “So Nanaba, what’s going on?” He did not think people should hit little girls like Nanaba. He was at least a year older than her so now he had to take care of her. That is what his child’s mind told him at least.

It was only after he sat down that he saw her hand. He wondered how that happened. “That’s some cut ,” Arkin said.

Arkin knew he wanted to get the girl back into the shop - out of the wind and so he could look after her hand. There was also some stew left over from dinner. He thought she might like that. And he'd wake his grandparents up. They would know what to do.

He gave Nanaba another long look before standing up and extending his hand to her, "Come on. We had stew for dinner and I know there some left and I bet its still hot. And bread. Gram made some fresh butter. We'll get you all sorted out...you can trust me."

"But even yet I have so many miles to go."

Tags:

* Tagbox

Refresh History

* Credits

Site banner, advert image and affiliate button created by Moon Child

Reluctant Heroes is in no way affiliated with Shingeki no Kyojin, Attack on Titan or Funimation and we give full credit to Hajime Isayama. Copyrights and trademarks for the manga and anime are held by their respective owners while all original content remains the property of the individual writers and artists.